SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case
Page 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 93
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by 2PAK:
The guy in biggest world of Sh*t, is the one who purchased the rifle for KR. That's a big federal charge especially if they want to make an example of you, which they will want to do.
What are you talking about?

Starting at 4:30

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5416 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A great American had his future handed back to him today. I worry he'll be under scrutiny for many years by people wanting to do him harm. Both violent and nonviolent i.e. close scrutiny of his life going forward by the media and left seeking to smear him anyway they can conjure to support their narrative.

My faith in the justice system has been raised a few points. I both hope and feel there are good things ahead for this young man.

Posts: 389 | Registered: February 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I think you think it's a straw purchase. That's not what happened here. If there's a riot in my town and it's bad enough I'm arming the neighbors who don't have a rifle or shotguns, that's a whole other scenario.

On the stand, under oath, Kyle stated that he gave another person money to buy the gun for him to use and they could do a private transfer after he turned 18. This was after going shooting with the friend and him wanting a gun of his own. It happed well before the riots. So, the gun was actually Kyle’s gun in his mind at least. He bought it through a straw purchase. It was a cringe moment in the testimony, I commented on it when it happened earlier in this thread at the top of page 16.

Ok, thanks, Jim. I haven't followed the thread that closely. I guess we'll see what happens there, because it sure makes it sound different from my example.

Posts: 17193 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
That does not sound like a straw purchase to me according to my understanding of a straw purchase.

Posts: 10202 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Rittenhouse needs to keep his record clear, get a Bachelor’s degree, then apply for a job in the US Marshal’s office.

Or join la Légion étrangére under an assumed name and simply disappear.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31471 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
People of NYC meet your new mayor. Same as the old mayor lol. Have fun in your self-created shithole.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
He said that about black lies matter and ANTIFA, too, right?

I don’t care what that “mayor” says, just keep your New Yorkers in your state so they can’t leave and infect free states.

Posts: 13144 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
People of NYC meet your new mayor. Same as the old mayor lol. Have fun in your self-created shithole.

And the rioting/looting???

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6337 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Question for our legal beagles..

In many states, in a civil case, the looser has to pay for the winning defendants legal fees. Is there such a situation in criminal cases? Or is the “state” immune from providing restitution?

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6331 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
For those that did not watch the trial.
This pretty much sums up the trial in 1 minute 46 seconds.

David Black’s testimony regarding purchase of rifle.
He should not have testified without getting immunity from prosecution from the DA.
Is Gaige Grosskreutz facing any weapons charges?
I don’t believe so.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
Question for our legal beagles..

In many states, in a civil case, the looser has to pay for the winning defendants legal fees. Is there such a situation in criminal cases? Or is the “state” immune from providing restitution?

Pretty sure the answer is 'NO". Only example I can give is a case a few years ago here in S.C. where a guy named Jason Dickie was charged and convicted of murder. I contributed to his appeal... the S.C. supremes voted 4-1 to throw out his conviction and in their statement said he should have never been charged and the judge should have thrown it out the first day.... what happened to the prosecutor and judge? Nothing.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am enjoying watching the left lose their minds this weekend.

Amazing how ignorant people are of the facts of this case - and still insist in commenting on it. I was playing cards last night and there were a few people there I did not know. Someone mentioned the Rittenhouse acquittal and one of the players said "oh yeah - the kid that murdered those black BLM protesters". Roll Eyes

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s painfully obvious Kyle needs more range time.

“I didn’t get shot until I pointed my pistol” Grosskreutz.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Rittenhouse needs to keep his record clear
Yea, DON'T become a George Zimmerman.

Posts: 9058 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
quote:

At least so far, Mr. Rittenhouse seems far more clever and capable than Mr. Zimmerman.

Posts: 6374 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
I am enjoying watching the left lose their minds this weekend.

Amazing how ignorant people are of the facts of this case - and still insist in commenting on it. I was playing cards last night and there were a few people there I did not know. Someone mentioned the Rittenhouse acquittal and one of the players said "oh yeah - the kid that murdered those black BLM protesters". Roll Eyes

I'm surprised there isn't more widespread riots & looting going on in the big cities this weekend.

Maybe due to the supply chain problems we're experiencing, the Apple Stores & Footlockers are in short supply of the items required for "peaceful protestors" to attain justice. Or...maybe it just isn't riot weather in the Mid-West & on the East Coast.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
When you spoke to the FBI, what was your intent?
Great answer. Big Grin

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
quote:

At least so far, Mr. Rittenhouse seems far more clever and capable than Mr. Zimmerman.

My barn is more clever than Zimmerman.

Posts: 7021 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post