SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 93
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case Login/Join 
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
Between 1:14:30 and 1:16:30 Gaige describes how the defendant racked the slide of he AR-15 while aiming it at him to eject a shell casing and load a round.

I am a bit perplexed, either Gaige is just making up a story as to how he thinks an AR-15 works or the rifle jammed.

If the rifle jammed, I am very impressed that the defendant was able to clear the jam between shots while on the ground so quickly.

American fucking Hero Rittenhouse did in fact experience a jam, cleared it, and continued to defend himself. Honestly, the marksmanship and proficiency that Kyle Rittenhouse portrayed that night with his rifle was very impressive. Throw this kid in a World War, and we'd likely have another Audie Murphy.

He testified today he doesn't recall ever working the charging handle.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2270 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thanks. I enjoyed Tucker and his comments.

Posts: 17243 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That is correct. There was not a live round that was found. I think the firearms expert will clear that up for the jury tomorrow.

Posts: 17243 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DonDraper:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

American fucking Hero Rittenhouse did in fact experience a jam, cleared it, and continued to defend himself. Honestly, the marksmanship and proficiency that Kyle Rittenhouse portrayed that night with his rifle was very impressive. Throw this kid in a World War, and we'd likely have another Audie Murphy.

Yeah, I was wrong, clearly. Every source I read or saw said he had cleared a jam. That's one of the good reasons for him testifying today. Because Kyle didn't lower his rifle to charge another round. He lowered it thinking wrongly that the threat was retreating at that moment. He only raised his rifle again when bicep boy advanced on him again. This is a very important detail. It also contradicts bicep boy's testimony.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I sure hope he gets cleared of this mess. Notwithstanding his presence there to begin with, but in this case it's not the point, since shit happens, and shit doesn't ask where you are before the fan starts spinning.

Listening to the Prosecuting PUKE attorney cross the young man made me want to puke and slap the shit out of the asshole. What a piece of shit he is, including being just plain old stupid asshattery of the ninth magnitude.

I saw the Judge light into him, but why didn't the Judge just jettison that fucker out of the court permanently. Would other prosecutors take over, or is it more complicated than that ? I know stupid question. But, why not ? Why couldn't the Judge just say, in effect, "you are the stupidest mother fucking attorney I've ever met, and you may NOT, and will NO LONGER, insult this court room again as long as I'm on this bench. Goodbye and don't the the door hit your ass on the way out the way it must have when you walked in". Like that. What's wrong with that for true courtroom shitholes ?

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8690 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
The idea that a skateboard isn't a deadly weapon is ridiculous. I've been skating for 35+yrs now and I can nearly take someone's head off with one if I intended to. It would be utterly devastating if you grabbed one truck and beat them with the board and other skateboard truck and wheels. Like a Bat with metal parts added on.

Yup, I went to court and brought a fiberglass axe handle for evidence. I tasered a 85 lb girl swinging one in the middle of the street beating a group of people…the jury had no idea…I swung it once with all my force and you could hear it whooosh in the air…guilty on all charges. She was still saying she didn’t want to kill anyone as they led her off to prison.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11290 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
From yesterday the Medical Examiner provided a nice photo showing heavy vaporous lead residues on Joesph Rosenbaum‘s hand, indicative of a close proximity shot.

Nicely validated that Rosenbaum was reaching for the barrel as Kyle and another witness testified to.
So close in-fact that there was no soot on the pinky finger.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Anyone have good timestamps for where the best bits are in the 9hr Rekieta video from today?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
The idea that a skateboard isn't a deadly weapon is ridiculous. I've been skating for 35+yrs now and I can nearly take someone's head off with one if I intended to. It would be utterly devastating if you grabbed one truck and beat them with the board and other skateboard truck and wheels. Like a Bat with metal parts added on.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8535 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone have good timestamps for where the best bits are in the 9hr Rekieta video from today?
2:10 The first scolding (fireworks begin).
2:34:50 Another good scolding.
3:07 The Judge explains to the prosecutor the difference between Full Metal Jacket and Hollow Point bullets.
Judge Steps In After Rittenhouse Prosecutor Says Hollow Point Bullets ‘Explode’
Link
4:24 Judges Ringtone
5:57:50 “Have you told me everything.” Then Pinch and Zoom on I-Pad discussion.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimber1911,

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
That prosecutor has an exceptionally punchable demeanor and way of being.

Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
I saw the Judge light into him, but why didn't the Judge just jettison that fucker out of the court permanently. Would other prosecutors take over, or is it more complicated than that ?

Say the judge rules mistrial or nullifies the verdict. Don’t for a second believe that this little whining bitch would snivel from the rooftops that the mean old judge was prejudiced.
I listen to “ Yes, you told me three times but I didn’t think you really meant it.” That kind of quibbling belongs in middle school. The cross examination went on for so long as I’m sure the judge saw the jury zone out. My bet they will remember nothing after the prosecutor got bitched slapped.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19584 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19584 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Damn, he was definitely having an anxiety/ptsd attack on the stand, retelling that story.

(Thanks for the timestamps)

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Of course Rosenbaum was on the side of antifa and BLM. Of course he was engaged in destruction and putrefying the culture. I'm glad the molester is dead.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29710 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I think that the only good thing he has ever done for society is become fertilizer.

Posts: 20118 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post

Link

Pres. Select, Joe Biden

Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
That prosecutor has an exceptionally punchable demeanor and way of being.

The joke going around is that he resembles Littlefinger from GOT. Big Grin

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Every source I read or saw said he had cleared a jam.

Everybody seemed to pick that up from Grosskreutz' testimony that he stopped when Huber got shot then saw Rittenhouse "rack" the AR15. Rittenhouse, of course, said he "looked" at the rifle for a second.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post