SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 93
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case Login/Join 
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Federal Holiday most courts are closed.

Posts: 2845 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
The idea that a skateboard isn't a deadly weapon is ridiculous. I've been skating for 35+yrs now and I can nearly take someone's head off with one if I intended to. It would be utterly devastating if you grabbed one truck and beat them with the board and other skateboard truck and wheels. Like a Bat with metal parts added on.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
Federal Holiday most courts are closed.
It is, but I got the impression they were still going to be in session.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6368 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
They will be in session.

Posts: 17501 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
It is interesting that Binger did not want to work Saturday while the defense attorneys were ok with it.

Again, I could be wrong, but I could swear that Binger wants to put as much time between all that damaging testimony (and his little episode today) and his summing up of the case as he possibly can in hopes the jury will forget as much as possible.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the jury has already made up its mind. Anything from this point forward is simply wasting time. Send the jury back to deliberate so they can bring back a not guilt verdict and we can finally put this BS to bed.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
USA Today has an article up that is titled "Kyle Rittenhouse deserves an award for his melodramatic performance on the witness stand."

https://www.usatoday.com/story...is-tears/6373345001/

Posts: 2814 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSAC:
USA Today has an article up that is titled "Kyle Rittenhouse deserves an award for his melodramatic performance on the witness stand."

Fuckers. Mad

That emotion was authentic as it gets.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30926 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Yep, that was an involuntary ptsd panic attack. Probably made the jurors as well as 45k watchers well up. I think he got it out of his system and directed his energy to educating the state on the constitution.

Posts: 3598 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does this really shock anyone? The media as a whole is complete garbage and traffics in nothing but lies. This is just more of the same.

My question though with all we've seen surrounding Rittenhouse is, how much of this can/will be subject to the same sort of lawsuit(s) Nick Sandman brought. I would certainly think a couple news agencies would be open to potential litigation based on willful slander.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^
Unlikely. Slander suits are hard to prove, expensive and often not won.

Posts: 17501 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Fuckers. Mad

Yep, and it was painful enough to watch the first time. OAN has been playing the whole event over again. Roll Eyes. At least FNC and Newsmax had the decency to just show the beginning and then cut it.

There is no need to replay for all the world to see, a persons worst and most vulnerable moment of their life. Assholes.

Posts: 20581 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
The idea that a skateboard isn't a deadly weapon is ridiculous.

Agreed. there are several documented assaults with a skateboard

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11097 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:
Yep, that was an involuntary ptsd panic attack. Probably made the jurors as well as 45k watchers well up. I think he got it out of his system and directed his energy to educating the state on the constitution.

I happened to be alone in the house folding laundry while listening to the testimony when that happened. Thank God I was alone because I turned into a mess despite myself, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I had to run cold over my face. I can't even explain why Kyle breaking down like that affected me so much, but it did. Boom. Out of nowhere.

These leftists are soulless, miserable shitheels.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30926 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
His breakdown was felt by me also. It was true pain, Kyle’s facial expressions took me right there.

Posts: 5775 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
The idea that a skateboard isn't a deadly weapon is ridiculous. I've been skating for 35+yrs now and I can nearly take someone's head off with one if I intended to. It would be utterly devastating if you grabbed one truck and beat them with the board and other skateboard truck and wheels. Like a Bat with metal parts added on.

Certainly. The idea that a skateboard can't do very significant damage is absurd.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
^^^^^^^^^^
Unlikely. Slander suits are hard to prove, expensive and often not won.
Very true, but Nick Sandman 'did' succeed, so its not impossible. Even if a couple of these cesspool organizations settled out of court with Rittenhouse to dodge the publicity, that would at least provide the man a life going forward.

Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Kyles emotional response appears a combination of fear of dying and the turmoil of having to take a life to preserve your own. He tolerates this likely better than I could.

Posts: 7636 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
If there were any justice these Prosecutors would be put behind bars for their overzealous prosecution.

This is another stain on our justice system, having allowed for these politically motivated charges against the defendant.

What would have happened if we had not had all of the video’s to validate, this as self defense.

It’s very scary to think that we all could possibly be subject to this perversion of our justice system should we find ourselves in a similar situation.
Without video to prove your innocence, it seems you would be falsely punished, by these overzealous prosecutors.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5294 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Fuckers. Mad

Yep, and it was painful enough to watch the first time.

Yeah, it was.

I suffer from a degree of functional autism (Asperger's Syndrome). This means, among other things, that I often don't empathize as most "normal" people do. But I sure felt it witnessing that.

I don't need to see it again. I doubt I'll ever forget it Frown

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

I don't need to see it again. I doubt I'll ever forget it Frown

It might sound silly, but I'll never forget where I was and what I was doing at that exact moment, that's how visceral the reaction was.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)