SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 93
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
He’s got to get Kyle to admit he ordered the Code Red. Roll Eyes

Posts: 1127 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
If this goes to the jury. It will take as long as it takes to vote and fill out the forms. Cheese and rice. BINGER POS

Posts: 3521 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
No matter how this turns out, the defense putting him on the stand was a bad choice. It basically gave the prosecution an endless opportunity to get back into the game when they had lost.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ That's too easy a criticism. Remember that Rosenbaum was dead by now; Rittenhouse is the only witness who can both speak to what happened from one end of the incident to the other and can speak to his own state of mind at the time he fired the AR15.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
I am pretty sure the defense was/is prepared for this. When they redirect, playing whole videos instead of snippets, it will make Binger look even worse.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My understanding is that it’s virtually impossible to not take the stand if you are affirming self defense. As others have noted, it’s not enough to have video showing the situation and the defendant needs to state their state of mind (fear for life) or the chances of acquittal are slim to none. Different story in a murder trial where you are trying to assert innocence of being the killer.

Posts: 251 | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Way too much risk with little possible reward. The prosecution was already losing badly and you give a prosecutor an indefinite amount of time with the opportunity to present theories that he would otherwise not have the opportunity to even present.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Damn, this kid is doing better on the stand than I would.

"Did you intend to kill him?"
Me? "YOU"RE GODDAMNED RIGHT I DID!" Big Grin

Posts: 20103 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigfan Roy:
He’s got to get Kyle to admit he ordered the Code Red. Roll Eyes

I was thinking the same thing Big Grin

Posts: 3455 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
So it sounds like stomping and kicking on someone's head isn't deadly violence. Nor can a skateboard be used as a deadly weapon.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
And the same gun pointed at your head a couple feet away could have been used to shoot you from 10 yards away. Why did you feel your life was threatened when it was pointed at your head when it wasn't drawn and used from 10 yards away?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
No re-direct of Kyle by the Defense. I think that might be a good idea, kid has been on the stand getting harassed by Binger for a long time, very emotional for anyone, let alone a kid his age. I see them bring in a Use of Force Expert or somebody else to do the videos. Play the videos at actual speed with actual threats being yelled instead of the snippets the prosecution was using.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Have there been any experts to testify as to what a life threatening situation can be? Namely the amount of trauma everyday objects can inflict (say a solid wood skateboard with metal trucks)?

Or, the advantage an assailant has standing over someone as opposed to being forced to defend yourself when you're on the ground?

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
And the same gun pointed at your head a couple feet away could have been used to shoot you from 10 yards away. Why did you feel your life was threatened when it was pointed at your head when it wasn't drawn and used from 10 yards away?

Binger's little nonsense pantomime about a "ready, aim, fire grip" was ridiculous. Hey stupid, you don't have to cup and saucer to pull the trigger. Mad

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Rebuttal will be superb. I doubt the members of the Jury viewed the prosecutor in a positive manner. Lots of bullying which turns off people. I have to agree the knowledge of firearms is pitiful.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Is the cross finally over? My goodness Roll Eyes

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^
It looks like firearm experts in the morning. I think they will explain that there was no jam and he did not need to rerack the AR. It is interesting that Binger did not want to work Saturday while the defense attorneys were ok with it. I would be willing to bet that Binger has NEVER been in a fight unless someone beat him up.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
when this is over, can the judge order charges of prosecutorial misconduct against the attorneys?

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is interesting that Binger did not want to work Saturday while the defense attorneys were ok with it.

Again, I could be wrong, but I could swear that Binger wants to put as much time between all that damaging testimony (and his little episode today) and his summing up of the case as he possibly can in hopes the jury will forget as much as possible.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With Veteran's Day tomorrow, will the case proceed or be on recess?

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post