SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case
Page 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 93
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
If the Jury is really split 6-6, then our justice system is completely broken. This is shameful.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30578 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
A random sampling that results in 6-6 aligns with our last election, and yes, shameful.

Year V

Posts: 2649 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
The invoice of lawyers continues. Especially Andrew Branca.

Posts: 3558 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
I believe at least one juror has dug their heals in. I think if the jury were split close to evenly, we’d be hearing about a hung jury. With 1 or 2 holdouts, the others may be holding onto hope of changing their minds.

Stunningly the jury is entering day #4 of deliberations. However, ground reports from last evening highlight a possibility the jury is split 6-6 in their deliberations [SEE VIDEO].

I’ll save people the time. It was Rittenhouse’s attorneys that believe there’s a 6-6 split.

I still say if there were a 6-6, we’d be hearing about a hung jury. Nobody is going to change their mind if it’s half and half.

Posts: 11178 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
So say it ends hung 6-6 that provides no closure for anyone it feels like. Do the experienced trial lawyers here think the Kenosha DA tries this again or lets it lie and moves on?

HK Ag

Posts: 3523 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:
So say it ends hung 6-6 that provides no closure for anyone it feels like. Do the experienced trial lawyers here think the Kenosha DA tries this again or lets it lie and moves on?

HK Ag

I'm not an attorney, but will guarantee that if there is a mistrial they will absolutely immediately re-file charges. Bet the farm on that.

The mayor, lead detective and prosecutor are all related and the mayor is demanding that Rittenhouse pay. It's not a legal question, it's a political question, this is strictly a political trial as there is no legal question whatsoever that Rittenhouse acted in self defense.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Jack Posobiec on the Rekieta stream said the verdict is in and will be read in an hour.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
I have a nervous feeling in my stomach.

Year V

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
How about showing some backbone?

Posts: 108131 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
They haven't said any more about the verdict, so maybe that was a false report. I don't see this going against the kid if it is true. Someone who believes he is innocent with the overwhelming video evidence is a lot less likely to switch to guilty just to go home. This would have gone hung if anything. He's getting off.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's another thing- enough with the "law experts" streaming their opinions. Enough of that. I don't want to hear another word from the "experts".

It's apparent they don't know any more than we do about the jury.

posted Hide Post
Rittenhouse prosecutors argue against mistrial as jury meets.

https://wgntv.com/news/rittenh...ay-of-deliberations/

Posts: 17365 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Being nervous and showing backbone are not mutually exclusive.

Year V

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Publicly expresssing your fears is not showing backbone. Now, get real.

Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Whatever dude.

Year V

Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
Jack Posobiec is reporting that the verdict should be read in 30-45 minutes

Posts: 1065 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Jack should keep it to himself. All they've done is make a bunch of wild-ass guesses. Not interested.

We've gone from a six-six split, to having a unanimous verdict, in a heartbeat. Yeah, sure, I believe you, really, I do.

Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
Judge announced that jury has reached a verdict

Posts: 1065 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sounds like six jurors just changed their mind, huh? Too bad I couldn't have clued in earlier to how much horse shit was coming out of these lawyer feeds. They've been talking out of their collective ass for days.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
It's been confirmed, the verdict is in.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30578 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post