SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 93
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The lead prosecutor 3rd attempt to introduce evidence that the judge categorically dis-allowed.

Posts: 591 | Registered: December 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Well, this sounds most interesting. What motivated this?

Like some of the few [banned] here who have tried to twist your words around to mean what they wanted them mean they decided they were still allowed to discuss a topic you told them not to discuss.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14068 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Yes...please fill us in...I am on a call at the moment so missing all the new stupid by the persecutor

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Some are things that the judge has already said he (Binger) couldn't do.
Others are apparently talking about things like self incrimination that can't be mentioned in front of the jury by long standing law that are prohibited.

Posts: 9654 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:

Needless to say, I'm not watching the feed. I choose to listen to old time radio SIGF, for my news and entertainment.

During cross, the PA started to question him about stuff that the PA wasn't allowed to ask due to the judge's ruling and about his right to remain silent, not make a statement when Kyle was arrested and interviewed.

Posts: 3992 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Where are we at in the proceedings? Anybody rested?

Posts: 108131 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

I believe a couple avenues of questioning pursued by the prosecuting attorney, for which they were subsequently slapped-down by the judge.

IANAL, but ISTM the prosecutor is essentially now trying to argue premeditation, for which, in reading the charges, Rittenhouse is not on trial?

The prosecution rested... yesterday?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes. The Prosecution has rested. The Defense is putting on their case.

Posts: 32661 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Prosecution rested. The defense in in their second day.
There is a live stream on the website Legal Insurrection.

Posts: 9654 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Patiently waiting for prosecution to ask about shirt Rittenhouse was wearing four months after the incident.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14068 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:

The Prosecution has rested. The Defense is presenting their case. Kyle is testifying under cross.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8233 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Slipping into my Tin-Foil Hat....

Wouldn't be surprised that the Prosecutor is trying to get a mistrial, not allowing a true not guilty verdict lets them continue the message against bringing firearms into their area or during these periods of unrest lest you be put on trial if you use them lets the media and leftist blogs continue their story line against KR, so he can continue to be harassed and punished as JLJ stated.

Posts: 23750 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Defense has requested a mistrial. The judge will take it under advisement. The point was the prosecutor was repeatedly warned about his line of questions.
The prosecutor rambled on about how he should be able to ask those question as Kyle has spoken to the press.
The judge requested the supposed tape of these interviews.
As the prosecutor continue to argue the judge exploded. Seems the prosecutor is quibbling that the judges ruling allowed him to continue the same line of questions

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6064 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"You're listening to SIGF Radio, 91.9 on your FM dial, bringing you all the latest news and entertainment..."

Posts: 108131 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I gotta say, Kyle is coming across very credible under cross. He seems to be doing a good job.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8233 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
OMG!

Prosecutor: "You were running towards the fire in the Durmax. Why?
Kyle: "It was a fire."
Prosecutor: "Why the urgency?"
Kyle: "To put it out"

You could hear the incredulous eyeroll in Kyle's voice. This prosecutor is looking like a fool. Kyle is looking like a Boy Scout.

Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping the judge slaps down the prosecutor some more and then denies the request for mistrial to give the jury the chance to find Kyle Not Guilty on all counts. That would be better for him from a societal standpoint (sad that we have to consider such things, but true in the current environment). Our legal minds might need to confirm this, but I think that would still allow the judge to nullify any guilty verdicts that might the jury might feel pressured (i.e., threats, camera incident) into returning.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2127 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
OMG!

Prosecutor: "You were running towards the fire in the Durmax. Why?
Kyle: "It was a fire."
Prosecutor: "Why the urgency?"
Kyle: "To put it out"

You could hear the incredulous eyeroll in Kyle's voice. This prosecutor is looking like a fool. Kyle is looking like a Boy Scout.

That was great. Big Grin

Posts: 20218 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Prosecutor is asking KH, in effect, "You decided, on your own, to be a good Samaritan?," several times. Finally the judge asks prosecution (paraphrasing), "Why are you going there?" Prosecution answers. Judge, a *shrug* in his voice, tells him "Uh. ok... carry on."

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I've gotten to listen to a lot today and the prosecutor is really grasping at straws and trying his best to trip the kid up. Kyle has handled it pretty well so far.

Posts: 3487 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post