SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 93
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case Login/Join 
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
Is this "poor judgment" you cite based simply on the fact he was there?

I also think Rittenhouse used horriblly naive judgment that placed him in Kenosha that night. But I'm quite impressed that his 17 year old judgment to use his AR-15 when he did was perfect. Every shot he fired was 100% justified.

Year V

Posts: 2649 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Taking on line classes correct? He will never be able to step into a real classroom in any college in this country. Also, now that that information is out, lets see how long he remains a student.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
You are too jaded. Law enforcement and a few other professions are out. OJ is making it. Not all college kids are left wing btw.

Posts: 17365 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
His life is pretty much over no matter how this turns out.

Why?

All of the guys he can sue have nothing. “Prosecutorial Misconduct” is extremely tough to prove in a civil jury trial (unless the prosecutor gets tried and convicted for it). He’s virtually unemployable. The left will harass him and follow him forever. If he gets a job, the left will harass him and protest the business like no ones business should. He will always be looking over his shoulder because the left hates him.

And, that’s not taking into account his poor judgement doesn’t get him into another jackpot in 36 months.

Yep, I'm sure the FBI will be coming into this soon with some civil rights case pushed by the Biden administration. The left is insane and will not forgot with any acquittal. I fear Kyle will be assaulted and harassed. He will move but they will find him and my bet he ends up like Zimmerman.

Posts: 7727 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
Yep, I'm sure the FBI will be coming into this soon with some civil rights case pushed by the Biden administration.

You know it.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4838 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
quote:
And, that’s not taking into account his poor judgement doesn’t get him into another jackpot in 36 months.

sounds like victim blaming to me

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2022 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I honestly don’t know about a civil rights violation. That’s also a tough row to hoe from an evidentiary stand point. As thin as the prosecutions case has been, plus allegations of FBI incompetence.

I don’t know. Garland hasn’t shown himself to be a mental giant by any stretch of the imagination.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37133 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
Taking on line classes correct? He will never be able to step into a real classroom in any college in this country. Also, now that that information is out, lets see how long he remains a student.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
You are too jaded. Law enforcement and a few other professions are out. OJ is making it. Not all college kids are left wing btw.

Yes not all college students are left wing, but enough of them are, along with their professors and teachers. check out some of the leftist articles on his testimony. The only way they could make it more clear where he is going to school is put in bold large lettering......Which they will by tomorrow.

It is going to be very tough to walk on almost any campus here in the USA. Crap, comedians don't do shows on colleges anymore because of woke culture.

Posts: 3992 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
If he really wants to get his degree after finishing high school, he can take his classes online and things will die down before he needs to get a regular job.
Hopefully he will use better judgement than George Zimmerman and some others, and not get cocky and stupid.

Posts: 9654 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
I honestly don’t know about a civil rights violation. That’s also a tough row to hoe from an evidentiary stand point. As thin as the prosecutions case has been, plus allegations of FBI incompetence.

I don’t know. Garland hasn’t shown himself to be a mental giant by any stretch of the imagination.
I imagine any acquittal of any of the charges and we will see Angry Joe at the podium in the white house yelling "He shot those three people". As politicized as the FBI is, I can't see them taking a pass. Beside the ATF will be looking at the straw purchase issues.

Posts: 7727 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Defense calling for mistrial with prejudice.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44068 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Defense calling for mistrial with prejudice.

Let's go!!!!

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6861 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Oh schnap - calling out the prosecution for intentionally trying to result in a mistrial just to retry the case.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14068 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Judge is getting pissed!

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8233 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Judge is pretty spry for 75 years of age. He is scary when he raises his voice. I dont believe you!!!

Posts: 17365 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Judge just called lead prosecutor a liar

Posts: 591 | Registered: December 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
"I don't believe you".
Signed,
Duh Judge.
Yikes!

Posts: 9654 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, this sounds most interesting. What motivated this?

Needless to say, I'm not watching the feed. I choose to listen to old time radio SIGF, for my news and entertainment.

Posts: 108131 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Well, this sounds most interesting. What motivated this?

Prosecution entered (or tried to?) evidence that the judge had previously said was inadmissible at an earlier hearing.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8233 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Defense had a nice chuckle when Judge denied Prosecutor attempt to introduce irrelevant evidence.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Dirty bastages

Posts: 108131 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post