SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 93
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
Could he be trying to get a mistrial? If there is a mistrial can they change their mind about having Kyle testify at the new trial? Maybe it's a ploy to get time between now and then to prepare for Kyle testifying.

It's unlikely the state is trying to force a mistrial - prosecutorial misconduct designed to provoke the defendant into moving for a mistrial can bar a retrial under Wisconsin law, so that would be a risky play.

Once Kyle waives his Fifth Amendment protection against self-incrimination he can't un-waive it. The waiver only extends to subjects he actually testified about, not things he didn't.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

To which is doubtful he’d get a thing. His life is pretty much over no matter how this turns out.

Wtf? American fucking hero Rittenhouse's life is over when he's found innocent? He's only 18 for chrissakes. I think he'll be just fine.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30578 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
We’ll see.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37133 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
His life is pretty much over no matter how this turns out.

Why?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:

Only if he is wrongly convicted.

Posts: 23032 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

Why?

All of the guys he can sue have nothing. “Prosecutorial Misconduct” is extremely tough to prove in a civil jury trial (unless the prosecutor gets tried and convicted for it). He’s virtually unemployable. The left will harass him and follow him forever. If he gets a job, the left will harass him and protest the business like no ones business should. He will always be looking over his shoulder because the left hates him.

And, that’s not taking into account his poor judgement doesn’t get him into another jackpot in 36 months.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37133 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Watching history.

Posts: 3558 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Is the trial in recess at the moment?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30578 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Is the trial in recess at the moment?

Lunch, I believe.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3626 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Why?

Look how the woke cultural goes all out canceling people now. Anyone know how Darren Wilson is doing? I do, and it is not good. Kyle won't be able to go to school anywhere or get a job in most states because of cancel culture. He will have to have a name change, put his car, house, etc into a trust so it can't be directly traced back to him. He will have to quietly go to a real red state to get a job out of sight of the public.

Posts: 3992 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

Yep

www.opspectraining.com

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I think he'll be just fine.

If he can get beyond it psychologically, which will be difficult as evidenced by his breakdown, he'll be fine...provided the woke mobs and cancel culture mobs leave him alone.

He appears to be a tough kid with his head screwed on straight. This is the first I've heard from him, and every impression that I've had of him previously has been reinforced. Just a good kid trying to do the right things, finding himself in the wrong place at the wrong time, and needing to defend his life. He did it lawfully and effectively and should walk out of that courtroom by close of business today a free man IMO.

Posts: 20217 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^
IDK He is going into nursing and studying at ASU, online I presume. There are jobs in that field and plenty of people will hire him BECAUSE of his background. He can legally change his name and move out of state. I have seen it done more than once.

Posts: 17365 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Why?

All of the guys he can sue have nothing. “Prosecutorial Misconduct” is extremely tough to prove in a civil jury trial (unless the prosecutor gets tried and convicted for it). He’s virtually unemployable. The left will harass him and follow him forever. He will always be looking over his shoulder because the left hates him.

And, that’s not taking into account his poor judgement doesn’t get him into another jackpot in 36 months.

Second this. I can't speak to the left hating him, but going through a major heavyweight investigation and trial like this will have a lasting impact. Look how things turned out for Richard Jewell, and he didn't even wind up charged. The wheels of justice grind up everything in their path. Nobody gets out unscathed.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
Kyle won't be able to go to school anywhere or get a job in most states because of cancel culture.

He stated earlier today that he is currently a nursing student at ASU.

Posts: 20217 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Kyle won't be able to go to school anywhere or get a job in most states because of cancel culture.

He stated earlier today that he is currently a nursing student at ASU.

Taking on line classes correct? He will never be able to step into a real classroom in any college in this country. Also, now that that information is out, lets see how long he remains a student.

Edited to add: Just did a quick check of the leftist articles on this case, almost all of them make sure to mention that he is attending classes at Arizona State University.

Posts: 3992 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's in recess as I type this.
Binger sure is getting ballsy, maybe reckless, and pushing his luck to the very limit, from my inexpert opinion.
Another question of a hypothetical nature for the real experts here. Could Binger have realized his chances in this one are extremely low so he's trying for a mistrial to give it another go using what he's learned from this one? Another, could he be realizing it's virtually unwinnable as the defense will have learned too and adjust. So if it was a mistrial with prejudice (charges dismissed and can't be refiled) so Binger can then claim he lost because of the judge and hope the subservient media will support him in blaming it all on the judge?
Or is this just a Hail Mary he's taking advantage of since the defendant took the stand?
Also, do you think the defendant took the stand because he himself insisted or the defense lawyers advised him to?
Seemed to be a risky strategy from the start, given their apparent advantage to that point.

One thing that is clear to me at this point, I like the judge and his style.

Posts: 9654 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:

Is this "poor judgment" you cite based simply on the fact he was there?

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5494 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Look how the woke cultural goes all out canceling people now. Anyone know how Darren Wilson is doing? I do, and it is not good. Kyle won't be able to go to school anywhere or get a job in most states because of cancel culture. He will have to have a name change, put his car, house, etc into a trust so it can't be directly traced back to him. He will have to quietly go to a real red state to get a job out of sight of the public.

All of that may be true... but still, his life is NOT pretty much over. He is still alive.
It won't be easy and he will probably have to change his name, but He is still alive.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24283 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
220-9er, a bit of both, along with being dumb as hell....never ever piss off a judge in their courtroom. The problem is a mistrial due to prosecution misconduct results in prejudice and jeopardy attaches, so Kyle can't be re-tried on it. The prosecutor can save face that it was the judge's ruling and unfair while he is being interviewed on CNN and MSNBC. Binger and Big Guy seem to be the type of Prosecutors who take short cuts so often they don't know how to do it the right way now.

Edited to Add: chellim1, yes he is still alive and I am happy about that. I guess I should have said his life is going to be a lot more difficult. He is going through PTSD, and will have to deal with that before anything else. He is going to have to change his name, change his looks, relocate and get lost from the mob.