SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 93
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case Login/Join 
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
If judge declares a mistrial, the state can do it all over again, right?
Yes. Unless the case is declared a mistrial with prejudice. Then that door closes as mentioned by defense counsel.

Posts: 7727 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Damn, the straw purchase line of discussion was sketchy ground.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Could he be trying to get a mistrial? If there is a mistrial can they change their mind about having Kyle testify at the new trial? Maybe it's a ploy to get time between now and then to prepare for Kyle testifying.

Posts: 11186 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Judge is tearing Prosecutor Binger a new asshole right now. Big Grin

Reeks of desperation on the prosecution's part. They are trying to bait Rittenhouse into appearing bloodthirsty and immature.

Posts: 3209 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
"don't get brazen w me!" judge to binger

"every one of the incidents involved seconds of time" judge

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
The judge, taking the prosecuting attorney to school after annoying him for the second time: "I don't wanna have another issue." I think that's code for "Three strikes and you're out."

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
the guy asking about the driver's license - is that the prosecution?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14067 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
This DA must be paid by the word.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5493 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
the guy asking about the driver's license - is that the prosecution?

Yes.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5493 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
It is obvious this judge has a low opinion of this prosecutpr.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4360 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Damn....the judge is pissed

Maybe one of our Lawyers with trial experience can explain WTF the prosecutor is trying to accomplish?

To this layman he is just showing his ass, the jury has to know the judge is reaming this asshole out

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
Damn....the judge is pissed

Maybe one of our Lawyers with trial experience can explain WTF the prosecutor is trying to accomplish?

To this layman he is just showing his ass, the jury has to know the judge is reaming this asshole out

He's trying to trip up Rittenhouse and catch him providing conflicting testimony (ie, lying on the stand)

One of the big reason you don't take the stand in your own defense

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Posts: 14067 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
this prosecutor is infuriating

his stuff is going no where

kyle "you know more about it than i do" to prosecutor

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Ok. Rittenhouse needs to just answer what is being asked. Not volunteer additional info

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I would be tempted to correct the prosecutor’s language as he describes bullets, cartridges etc.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29787 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
What a tool.

He has no clue of what he is yammering about.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44060 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
This is the first day of the trial that I’ve watched live. Prior days I just watched some video and recounts of the day’s proceedings. I’ve seen recounts of the prosecutors’ attempt to make their case—-and not very well. I know there have been witnesses called by the prosecution, whose testimony has instead aided defense.

The prosecutor appears inept. Again and again.

Ultimately, Rittenhouse was WAY overcharged in this trial, and the prosecuting attorneys are in a political trial in a criminal courtroom.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
prosecutor seems to be building up to hollow points would have been "safer" to use in crowds ?

No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
"the full metal jacket rounds are designed to go through a first object and continue to another"

What a putz

Posts: 5391 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
If Kyle gets out of this I think my advice to him would be to go down and join the branch of the service that could ship him out the soonest. Spend a couple years overseas and then re-evaluate.

His next step will be to file a number of civil suits given all the shit he's been through.

To which is doubtful he’d get a thing. His life is pretty much over no matter how this turns out.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37133 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post