SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 93
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
SIGforum legal brain tryst answer this:

Which is the most inept prosecution:

(1) OJ Simpson's murder trial; or

(2) The Rittenhouse prosecution?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31556 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

Yes

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8359 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
That’s easy.
I am not a lawyer, but think this could be a problem for the Prosecutor.
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
Wow, current witness just incriminated the prosecution for witness tampering.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Brain tryst? I suppose that's how it works....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29787 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Hopefully there will memes with the photojournalist and "farley's" line of questioning. Even the state's cross is beneficial to the defense

Posts: 3556 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
a private romantic rendezvous between lovers.
"a moonlight tryst"
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Come on correct this please.

Posts: 17364 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

Well OJ's trial was a prosecution, Rittenhouse's trial is a persecution......that is falling apart. I mean I don't recall one witness that hasn't screwed the prosecution's case. In tennis there is a term for unforced errors, right now the Prosecution has 100s of unforced errors.

Posts: 3991 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

I think its kinky Zoom calls...?

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

Spelt cheked two.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31556 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
This trial is reaching Zimmerman trial levels of clown show.

Posts: 10001 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
Thank you for those explanations and taking time to summarize it, I appreciated those posts.

Posts: 2418 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Defense lawyer: "As a result, what did you do?"

Witness: "I hired an attorney."

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12821 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Unless this jury just completely ignores everything that has been presented in court in this case, Rittenhouse has to be found not guilty.

Given that, does anyone think the feds will immediately announce a civil rights investigation and charge him in federal court? Merrick Garland has already shown that he will do whatever he is ordered to do by the leftist mob, so do the feds step in if he's acquitted?

The white guy killed two other white guys and maimed a third white guy. I don’t see how anyone’s civil rights were violated.

The maimed white guy should be charged with attempted murder based on his own testimony as well as the other evidence presented in this case.

Posts: 11176 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jury intimidation by the guy taking the video. Mistrial. The only possible way they can convict is fear of retribution. Or possibly compromise down to something if they have an option.

The prosecution is grasping at convincing the jury that Kyle didn't need to be there, and should have stayed home, and shouldn't have had a rifle, and no one asked him to guard the car dealer, and so on. It's not legally relevant to the self defense claim, but they want the jury to put some blame on Kyle for "putting himself in that situation".

The judge should just put a stop to this, lest Kyle get railroaded in spite of the facts.

Posts: 4769 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
While it matters not in any sense regarding this trial, I want to make known my POV on Grosskreutz's "hands up".

It looks to me that he was running up and the shot fired into Huber caused Grosskreutz to "halt in place" from reaction to the shot, and the "hands up" was him trying to maintain balance as he "hit the brakes" and "stood up on his toes", then he continues forward in his original "trajectory", as his brain was still running that "OODA loop".

What would be the assessment in situation where Kyle was a cop, shot the first guy then trying to get back to his patrol/other LE officers and had people chase him and try to brain him with a skate board, flying kick him in the head, and another trying to get the drop on him with a handgun. How would that play out in regard to "good shoot"?

(a cop has the right to self defense, same as anyone, and once the SHTF, Kyle and a Cop are on even ground in my mind)

The other thing is Tueller Drill, (in this case, with a slung rifle and not a holstered weapon and an assailant [resenting a knife), but still multiple attacks from variously armed individuals, and the fact that weapon retention is also a paramount and most proper mindset.

I realize we benefit from a 2 years of Monday Morning Quarterbacking, and also benefit from a tremendous amount of shared experiences, training and whatnot.

As to the "photographer" kid today, I recall several shootings I was involved in back in the mid 1970s and I still recall them and details in stark clarity. And also how damned fast it occurs in the linear, and how slow in the recollection.

It happened so damned fast (in both events), but the "replay" in my head is like a 6 part miniseries, just slow and every detail.

Kyle was wired right, and I hope he prevails as he should through this.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44063 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
^^ amen to that monkey

I think the judge is letting this play out knowing
A. The jury finds him not guilty
B. He can give a directed verdict of not guilty at the end

I’m not sure if a directed verdict will prevent Kyle from being charged again or not
(But getting a NG would go a long way to preventing him from getting hit on a civil rights case against him(Kyle))

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11370 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
^^ amen to that monkey

I think the judge is letting this play out knowing
A. The jury finds him not guilty
B. He can give a directed verdict of not guilty at the end

I’m not sure if a directed verdict will prevent Kyle from being charged again or not
(But getting a NG would go a long way to preventing him from getting hit on a civil rights case against him(Kyle))

Can't be tried again once jeopardy attaches. As far as Civil Rights case......with Garland's Just Us Department and the FBI.....I would bet on a detailed review and updated investigation to see if they can indict Kyle. Just remember, Kyle was 17 at time this occurred, so he would be considered a juvenile in the Federal System.

Posts: 3991 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Maybe it’s Brian tryst. That’s Shirley been done before.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29787 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Looks like the cross of bicep boy was more or less the longest "you fucked around and found out" I have ever witnessed.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20924 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
That pompous POS deserves a good beating.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post