SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 ... 916
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
It’s a well-established fact that some people will vote or not vote for someone based solely on his/her appearance. Members here sometimes have to be warned about the juvenile practice of commenting about how someone in the news looks. And if people vote or don’t vote for someone because of how he looks, we can be certain that people will not vote for someone just because of his apparent personality regardless of the issues involved. It’s a sad fact, but it is a fact nevertheless—and one that has profound effects.

The leftist press and the people that follow them and comment on articles or social media were constantly talking about Trump's appearance. His hair, his skin tone, his weight, his height, everything. They said he wasn't as tall as he claimed, or was fatter than he admitted to and wore undergarments to hold his gut in. He drank too much Diet Coke and ate too much fast food.

Like any of that has any bearing on his ability to function as President.

The public was fed a constant stream of lies about Trump by the far left media and deep state. No President in modern history has had to put up with so much bias. No First Lady in modern history had to put up with what Melania did either.

Posts: 4700 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
So I can talk a nice lie, and get elected.

441 do it every 2 years, 2 every 4, and 100 every 6, so it obviously works.
441? Who are the extra 6?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
So I can talk a nice lie, and get elected.

441 do it every 2 years, 2 every 4, and 100 every 6, so it obviously works.

98% re-election rate for incumbents. Yep, it works.

Say what the people want to hear for a few months and then go to DC and do whatever the hell you want. It's why MT was stuck with Baucus for three decades and likely Tester for the same.

Posts: 20064 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
441? Who are the extra 6?

1 from DC and 5 delegates from US territories. All non voting.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Roughly 43,000 absentee ballot counted in DeKalb County in 2020 violated chain of custody rule

https://justthenews.com/politi...licy/elections/sdfsd

More than 70% of the 61,731 absentee ballots put in drop boxes in the November 2020 presidential election in DeKalb County, Georgia, were counted and certified by officials, despite violating chain of custody requirements.

The exact number of ballots was 43,907, according to the Georgia State News. The ballots were counted and certified by county and state officials, the news outlet says.

The chain of custody requirements are set forth in Georgia Emergency Rule 183-1-14-1.8-.14, put into effect by the Georgia State Election Board in July 2020.

The rule states absentee ballots placed in drop boxes "shall be immediately transported to the county registrar" by the two-person collection team. The team is required to sign a ballot-transfer form indicating the number of ballots picked up, the time the ballots were picked up and the location of the drop box.

The rule also states the county registrar or a designee “thereof shall sign the ballot transfer form upon receipt of the ballots from the collection team."

The Georgia Star News obtained from the DeKalb County law department 725 absentee ballot dropbox transfer forms used in the election in the county to document the chain of custody of the 61,731 absentee ballots, in response to an open records request.

Posts: 12648 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
It’s a well-established fact that some people will vote or not vote for someone based solely on his/her appearance. Members here sometimes have to be warned about the juvenile practice of commenting about how someone in the news looks. And if people vote or don’t vote for someone because of how he looks, we can be certain that people will not vote for someone just because of his apparent personality regardless of the issues involved. It’s a sad fact, but it is a fact nevertheless—and one that has profound effects.

And President Trump had a “give no quarter, call out the BS, never stop fighting” approach that many Americans found truly refreshing after a string of apparently spineless milquetoast excuses for Republican candidates. Unfortunately, there are apparently far too many who prefer mild and unoffensive to frank and direct. Did President Trump go farther than perhaps was necessary (or beneficial) sometimes? Probably. However, it was very apparent that his heart was in the right place and he was all about doing what was best for America. Unfortunately, far too many people either were too foolish to see that, deeply confused about what is best for America, or cared more about other things than what is best for America.

Posts: 6909 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
What baffles me is all these "Anti-Trumpers" come out with all these books about how bad he was, but no one is willing to write about today. There is no way Joe is calling the shots you would think someone would expose what is really going on behind closed doors.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redlickranch:
What baffles me is all these "Anti-Trumpers" come out with all these books about how bad he was, but no one is willing to write about today. There is no way Joe is calling the shots you would think someone would expose what is really going on behind closed doors.
American Markxism

The Authoritarian Moment: How the Left Weaponized America's Institutions Against Dissent

The Tyranny of Big Tech

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Guys & gals, I deeply apologize for posting the Joey D segment so late. No excuses. I simply forgot.

Joey D
8/30/21

No description

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Saw a huge Trump flag outside someone’s house this past week on our way to and from vacation.

It was the standard TRUMP —— 2020 —— MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

But the 2020 had been painted or covered over somehow and instead were the words:

WE NEED YOU

How very appropriate and timely

Posts: 33749 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My friend has never taken his large Trump flag down......it flies 24/7.

Posts: 6612 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D
9/6/21

No description provided

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
This may be a dumb question. But if Trump were to win in 2024 would he be able to run for a second consecutive term in 28? Or is it 2 terms in a lifetime?

Posts: 7393 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:

This may be a dumb question. But if Trump were to win in 2024 would he be able to run for a second consecutive term in 28? Or is it 2 terms in a lifetime?
No, re 2028, per the 22nd Amendment: "No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of President more than once."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30633 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will settle for one more term with Trump as Pres. He has learned a whole lot about the way things work, and he would hit the ground running to get things done!!

Posts: 6612 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anchors away! Biden purges Trump appointees from Naval, Air Force academies, West Point

https://nypost.com/2021/09/08/...naval-academy-board/

President Biden is firing all military academy board members appointed by former President Donald Trump — regardless of their qualifications — in a purge drawing stiff pushback because their terms were supposed to last three years.

Six presidential appointees on each academy board — 18 people in total — were told to resign by 6 p.m. Wednesday or be fired.

“I think this complete purge shows that the administration is hellbent on the woke mob controlling or having input into military education. Otherwise, why do it?” said one of the board members, who pointed out that Trump didn’t perform a similar purge.

“This is why this is such a big deal: historically it has never been done. ‘Unprecedented’ is a word you could use here,” the board member said.

The ousted include former national security adviser HR McMaster, a retired Army lieutenant general who resisted Trump’s noninterventionist impulses and criticized Biden’s recent Afghanistan troop pullout.

A person close to McMaster said it was ironic that he would be dismissed from West Point’s board just days before he’s given the Army academy’s distinguished graduate award.

“Perfect timing since HR is being honored this weekend as distinguished military graduate at West Point — one of the youngest ever. … Who better to be on the board? I guess Biden is playing this little game of politics by kicking him off the board [that] even Trump kept Obama appointees on,” the person said

White House press secretary Jen Psaki defended the terminations by scoffing at the qualifications of former Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway to be on the Air Force Academy board and former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer, a longtime Navy Reserve officer, to be on the Naval Academy board.

“I will let others evaluate whether they think Kellyanne Conway and Sean Spicer and others were qualified or not political to serve on these boards,” Psaki said at her daily press briefing.

“But the president’s qualification requirements are not your party registration. They are whether you’re qualified to serve and whether you’re aligned with the values of this administration.”

Conway shot back in a tweet: “President Biden, I’m not resigning, but you should.”

Spicer, now a TV host for Newsmax, said that Psaki “crossed a line today” in mocking his credentials and that he “will be joining a lawsuit to fight this.”

“So Jen, you want to know about my qualifications? … for 22 years I’ve had the honor of serving alongside some of the most talented, patriotic and brave individuals this country has to offer,” he said.

The White House has not identified new appointees to the boards.

Those fired from the West Point board include retired Gen. Jack Keane, a former vice chief of staff of the Army, retired Army Col. Douglas Macgregor, Afghanistan war veteran and clinical psychologist Meaghan Mobbs, Bronze Star recipient and businessman David Urban and retired Army Lt. Gen. Guy Swan.

Those ousted from the Naval Academy board include Trump’s White House budget director Russ Vought, Jonathan Hiler, who worked for former Vice President Mike Pence, and lawyer John Coale — husband to TV host Greta Van Susteren.

“On behalf of President Biden, I am writing to request your resignation,” White House Personnel Director Cathy Russell wrote to the appointees.

“Please submit your resignation to me by the close of business today. Should we not receive your resignation, your position with the Board will be terminated effective 6:00 pm tonight. Thank you.”

An aide to Russell, Katie Petrelius, underscored the message in an email, writing, “If we do not receive your resignation by end of day today, you will be terminated.”

But many of the board members aren’t going quietly.

“No. It’s a three year term,” tweeted Vought, a recipient of the Pentagon’s distinguished public service award for helping increase the size of the Navy fleet. He also emailed that reply to Petrelius.

Rachel Semmel, a spokeswoman for the Center for Renewing America, which Vought leads, said that “I wish Biden would take his commander in chief duties as seriously as he takes retribution against political adversaries.”

“At a time when President Biden has left American hostages in Afghanistan and put our military in harm’s way instead of focusing on his job as commander-in-chief to keep Americans safe, he is spending his time going after political rivals,” she said.

Van Susteren tweeted her husband’s termination letter and wrote, “This is lousy… [Coale] merely wanted to help – this is a non partisan Board of Americans volunteering to help.”

She added: “And by the way, both political parties do this and it is rotten..how do Administrations expect to foster non partisanship among Americans when they act partisan with volunteer boards that have no power to effectual [sic] American policy?”

Hiler said, “It’s not clear what the basis for this purge is. A plain reading of the statute that created the Board in 1879, which includes traditionally bipartisan appointments by congressional leaders, says the president’s appointees serve three-year terms.”

“To my knowledge, the Service Academy Boards have always enjoyed a tradition of bi-partisanship,” Hiler said.

“As an alum and a former naval officer, my only concern is making sure the U.S. Naval Academy is fulfilling its mission of developing officers capable of leading our country’s Navy. Defending the country’s interests at sea, especially with what’s going on in the world today, is not something that should be influenced by partisan politics, and I regret that this Administration apparently sees things differently.”

Former Naval officer Anthony Parker and retired Rear Adm. Joseph Walsh are also getting booted from the Naval Academy board, the White House confirmed.

The laws establishing the boards do not clearly explain a president’s power to fire members, saying, “The persons designated by the President serve for three years each…. The President shall designate two persons each year to succeed the members whose terms expire that year.”

It’s not immediately clear which board members will join the legal challenge announced by Spicer. An existing lawsuit led by Air Force Academy board member Heidi Stirrup challenges the Biden administration’s decision to suspend the operation of the boards earlier this year.

Posts: 12648 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Those men do not deserve to get caught up in this foolish pettiness. This is immoral. I don't care if it's business as usual, it's wrong.

Posts: 107459 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
And until the republican party realizes that these are the new rules and that they need wield power like this when they control the government none of this will stop. It will just continue to get worse.

History has shown that communists will never stop unless confronted. Hell they even opened up the time capsule in the bottom of the Lee statue in order to remove and replace items. Nothing is off limits for them, nothing. As long as the republicans continue to treat them like "my friends across the isle" this country is doomed. There needs to be a certain level of "MAD" between the parties - mutually assured destruction. You break norms when you are in charge, so will we. You order a communist AG to go after conservatives, will we use them to go after leftists. You purge leadership at institutions, so will we. Make them think about their decisions very carefully. Right now they don't care because they know there will never be any meaningful pushback. Sternly worded press releases warm the communist's heart because he knows he's winning and that's all his enemy will ever muster.

In reality I don't expect the republican party at the national level to fight back. Not as long as McConnell, McCarthy, and Romney's niece run the party. They have more in common with the communists than they do with the people who vote for them.

So I'll say it again. Abandon blue cities and abandon blue states. Make red states redder. Move into communities that share your values. Elect local leaders that share your values. Elect local sherriff's that believe in the rule of law. You have a better chance of affecting the local level than the federal level, and when the local level gets strong enough the federal level will follow.

ETA:
Nothing is off limits to the communist. NOTHING.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mbinky,

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
The tweet didn’t get it all.

From OAN.

https://www.oann.com/robert-e-...down-in-richmond-va/

On Thursday, crews plan to replace the statue with a time capsule containing a vaccination card, a photo of a Black ballerina in front of the statue, a BLM sticker and the special edition of the National Geographic magazine featuring George Floyd’s picture.

Posts: 3228 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Muddflap:
.. a photo of a Black ballerina in front of the statue...

Making endzone dances look so last century.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8325 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post