SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 ... 919
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D
8/23/21

No description provided

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Nancy Pelosi is trying to pull another obamacare type maneuver to pass the 3.5 trillion green new deal

details here:

https://theconservativetreehou...anistan/#more-215821

As you are reading this Nancy Pelosi has pulled together her leadership group overnight to change the House rules for legislative passage of the $3.5 trillion Green New Deal spending package under the auspices of “infrastructure.”

This $3.5 trillion spending bill is in addition to the $1.5 trillion infrastructure bill that came from the Senate, and… she is using the $2 trillion budget package as the carrier for a slick “Deem and Pass” maneuver.

As we have seen before, right now Pelosi is changing the House rules to have a single vote on the current budget proposal which will include a ‘deem and pass’ provision that adds the $3.5 trillion Green New Deal spending package to it.

This means one single vote passes this massive social engineering project with more than $5.5 trillion in spending in a single bill. Thereafter the House will vote on the Senate bill separately to add another $1.5 trillion, bringing the total spending by the House before they depart to a whopping $7 trillion; forever changing the American landscape.

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Not sure where else to put this. So awful on so many levels, they're rubbing our noses in it --

Ashli Babbit’s Ruthless Killer Lt. Mike Byrd Will Join Lester Holt for First TV Interview – Will Air Thursday Night

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Hey when it’s your 15 minutes, run to the media for fame.

How much is NBC paying Lt. Mike Byrd for his story on how he snuck from a side hallway to take a shot at an unarmed 98 pound women without providing any warning or giving her any chance for hands up, don’t shoot.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TIME Admits 2020 US Election Was Rigged By “Well Funded Cabal” for Biden, Kamala Victory

https://newsrescue.com/time-ad...iden-kamala-victory/

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
Hey when it’s your 15 minutes, run to the media for fame.

How much is NBC paying Lt. Mike Byrd for his story on how he snuck from a side hallway to take a shot at an unarmed 98 pound women without providing any warning or giving her any chance for hands up, don’t shoot.

If she had been a black BLM or an Antifa supporter a large part of D.C. would have been destroyed with the blessing of the Mayor.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
TIME Admits 2020 US Election Was Rigged By “Well Funded Cabal” for Biden, Kamala Victory

https://newsrescue.com/time-ad...iden-kamala-victory/
TIME only admitted that there was a well-funded organization in operation to publicize, change laws, and perform get-out-the-vote actions. It did not admit to any actual fraud.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The article is from February

Posts: 107577 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Yes, and it was held up by the right as an admission of election theft but the left considered a point of pride as to their cleverness. They were bragging.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Serious voters who look at the issues underestimate the large number of voters who cast votes based on things unrelated to issues. Specifically, how "nice" politicians come across does affect election outcomes. Like it or not, it's true.

If you will recall the two Trump / Biden debates, in the first debate Trump repeatedly interrupted Biden. He was insulting and his tone was argumentative. You can characterize his performance any way you want, but after the debate nobody would say "he seems like a nice guy." In the second debate, his performance was completely different. He was tough and defended his record vigorously, but he let Biden talk and came across much more polite.

There is a reason for that. Karl Rove said he knows for a fact that Trump was told to use his "tough but nice" persona. He rejected the advice in debate one. After the debate they did polling. Trump was told that he didn't help himself at all. In fact, he lost support among, in particular, moderate women. So he changed course and was a different guy in debate two. Rove said it was too late. He thinks it cost him the election. Not just the first debate, but the fact that too many voters came to the conclusion that Trump was not nice, not empathetic.

To be clear, I am not defending this. I voted for Trump twice, enthusiastically. But Rove is right that a surprising number of voters put a lot of weight on things that are not really related to issues. As an example, I recently visited a dermatologist for a minor issue that was cleared up. A neighbor was looking for a dermatologist too, so she asked me about him. She had just one question. Not was he competent, was he thorough, was he complete, did he do a good job. No. Her one question - was he nice? A lot of people make important decisions based on that.

It's sad and unfortunate, but it's true. I think a lot of people don't appreciate the extent to which the Democrats were successful in painting Trump as a "mean guy," and how much it affected the election.

Posts: 1052 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
And yet so many unanswered “oddities” with the election.

Things left unexplained.

Shutting down the counting because of a water main break.

Hmmm…

B.S.
Their was wide spread cheating.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Regarding Fed161's post. I wonder how many of those moderate women would hire a "nice guy" for a divorce attorney? I'm not disagreeing that he might have lost support there, just pointing out how stupid that is. And in the end I don't think that's what cost him the election. It was the people counting the ballots.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoseyWales2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:
There is a reason for that. Karl Rove said he knows for a fact that Trump was told to use his "tough but nice" persona. He rejected the advice in debate one. After the debate they did polling. Trump was told that he didn't help himself at all. In fact, he lost support among, in particular, moderate women. So he changed course and was a different guy in debate two. Rove said it was too late. He thinks it cost him the election.

Karl Rove is just another swamp creature. Did his "excellent advice" ever help Bush Jr. and his administration? His advice to Bush Jr. was to play nice, don't fight back and as a result the MSM and the Dems steamrolled him for years, resulting in Zippy the Pinhead getting elected. I wouldn't trust Karl Rove to tell me the sun rises in the east every morning without independently checking it first for myself.

----------------------------------
"These things you say we will have, we already have."
"That's true. I ain't promising you nothing extra."

Posts: 578 | Location: Missouri | Registered: October 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoseyWales2:
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:
There is a reason for that. Karl Rove said he knows for a fact that Trump was told to use his "tough but nice" persona. He rejected the advice in debate one. After the debate they did polling. Trump was told that he didn't help himself at all. In fact, he lost support among, in particular, moderate women. So he changed course and was a different guy in debate two. Rove said it was too late. He thinks it cost him the election.

Karl Rove is just another swamp creature. Did his "excellent advice" ever help Bush Jr. and his administration? His advice to Bush Jr. was to play nice, don't fight back and as a result the MSM and the Dems steamrolled him for years, resulting in Zippy the Pinhead getting elected. I wouldn't trust Karl Rove to tell me the sun rises in the east every morning without independently checking it first for myself.

I know a lot of people across the political spectrum. I did cite Rove as a source in my post, but my point about Trump's persona as a "mean guy" (and the affect it had on the election) is based mainly on my own observations. Whenever I would engage voters (including independents who I know voted for some Republicans), I would bring up issues. The conversation always ended with the statement that they could never vote for such a mean bastard. Issues were secondary. Make sense? Of course not. But it's a reality, and the polling shows that. Karl Rove may be a swamp creature, but as the saying goes, even a broken watch is right twice a day.

Posts: 1052 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
The conversation always ended with the statement that they could never vote for such a mean bastard. Issues were secondary.

It's a bullshit excuse. Anyone that truly believes that is a fool.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
the Presidency wasn't supposed to be a popularity contest, its supposed to be what is best for the country

but even going back to John Adams, its seldom been about what is good for the country

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
The conversation always ended with the statement that they could never vote for such a mean bastard. Issues were secondary.

It's a bullshit excuse. Anyone that truly believes that is a fool.

Yes. I agree completely. Who believes that the American electorate is filled with geniuses? I don't.

Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
So I can talk a nice lie, and get elected.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
It’s a well-established fact that some people will vote or not vote for someone based solely on his/her appearance. Members here sometimes have to be warned about the juvenile practice of commenting about how someone in the news looks. And if people vote or don’t vote for someone because of how he looks, we can be certain that people will not vote for someone just because of his apparent personality regardless of the issues involved. It’s a sad fact, but it is a fact nevertheless—and one that has profound effects.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
So I can talk a nice lie, and get elected.

441 do it every 2 years, 2 every 4, and 100 every 6, so it obviously works.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post