SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 ... 1135
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
The night of the shooting, Laura Ingraham said that it was either incompetence, or something much worse – malice. Now, three days beyond that, it seems to me that is the only reasonable position.

Based on everything we know now, I don't see how one possibility or the other can be absolutely ruled out.

Incompetence will be shocking. Malice will bring walls down.

That's not an all-inclusive list. I'll add complacency to it.

Year V

Posts: 2672 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
I made a quick trip to the store and I caught the start of the Dan Bongino radio show. No link, but he stated that from his sources, out of the whole group of agents directly guarding Trump, only three of them were Secret Service, the rest were personnel from Homeland Security.

It seems to me, as someone with no relevant experience, that regular police have a very different frame of reference than trained protective professionals. Even police snipers and DHS officers. SS would be experienced and keyed into a whole different thought process of multiple layers of what-if and of proactive intervention. Police would be more reactive, and oriented to the common kinds of criminal activities they deal with daily.

Not an excuse, but an explanation of how local police and even DHS officers would make errors that a regular SS presidential detail would not make.

A failure of the leadership for sure.

Posts: 9720 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sse:
cheatle can say she accepts the blame all she wants, but that doesn't negate the fact that many bear responsibility for the failure

Seppuku. But who would be her kaishaku?

Posts: 16161 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shikemd
posted Hide Post

Posts: 941 | Location: The only state with a state bird named after another state. | Registered: December 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'll use the Red Key
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
There is a whole host of incompetence to go around at every level of the government over this (federal/state/local). Sadly their incompetence is getting people killed.

And if malice was involved, or intended, this clearly shows how totally incompetent they all are.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3819 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
I work in a block building with a steel roof. When the HVAC guy goes up on the roof, everyone inside, in every corner of the building, knows there's someone on the roof. How three snipers inside couldn't hear someone on the roof amazes me.

Who knows if the building has insulated ceilings or false ceiling tiles. And with the loudspeakers from the rally, it's possible they wouldn't have heard footsteps on the roof. And who knows what noise was inside the building? TV and radio?

We still don't know everything, but from what I've read and seen - incompetency and perhaps complacency seem to be the front runners.

P229

Posts: 3943 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
more news is on the way, things are happening rapidly

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post

Posts: 16856 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by sse:
cheatle can say she accepts the blame all she wants, but that doesn't negate the fact that many bear responsibility for the failure

Seppuku. But who would be her kaishaku?

Can I use my

?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31975 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
I made a quick trip to the store and I caught the start of the Dan Bongino radio show. No link, but he stated that from his sources, out of the whole group of agents directly guarding Trump, only three of them were Secret Service, the rest were personnel from Homeland Security.

It seems to me, as someone with no relevant experience, that regular police have a very different frame of reference than trained protective professionals. Even police snipers and DHS officers. SS would be experienced and keyed into a whole different thought process of multiple layers of what-if and of proactive intervention. Police would be more reactive, and oriented to the common kinds of criminal activities they deal with daily.

Not an excuse, but an explanation of how local police and even DHS officers would make errors that a regular SS presidential detail would not make.

A failure of the leadership for sure.

They should NOT get a pass, or even the slightest benefit of the doubt here! He was seen multiple times, and acting sketchy such that they even photographed him. He was seen with backpack (not a small one if it was the one pictured on the roof), AND using a rangefinder! Even most of the non-LEO members of SIGforum posting in this thread would've seen these as CLUEs requiring further investigation. SOMEBODY should've got their ass out of the AC and headed outside to confront him!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9424 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
Thomas Matthew Crooks was found with a Home Depot receipt for a ladder. Wonder what he needed a ladder for?

<insert joke here about restricting ladders; especially ones with a high step count>

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5794 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Dad: What did you buy a ladder for, son?
TMC: To get a better shot of Trump.
Dad: Why are you borrowing my AR?
TMC: To get a better shot of Trump.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16856 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:

That's not an all-inclusive list. I'll add complacency to it.

I know several USSS guys who have risen to positions of responsibility despite being absolute mouth-breathing, window-licking idiots.

Yeah, it's a limited sample size, but their "idiocy output" has been consistent for over 20 years-- from Day One at FLETC-- and that makes me believe that it's not just tolerated in the USSS but actually celebrated and cultivated. All of this makes me lean hard towards "Incompetence."

Posts: 2520 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Dad: What did you buy a ladder for, son?
Failed Assassin: To climb.
Dad: Why do you want to climb it?
Failed Assassin: Because its there.
Dad: There? Where?
Failed Assassin: Leaning against the only unprotected building roof overlooking Orangemanbad's rally Saturday.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31975 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7269 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
BREAKING NEWS Police officer shoots and kills armed suspect just outside the Republican convention in Milwaukee

That's from the Daily Mail. I can't make the link, as I'm posting from my cell.

Q

Posts: 27480 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 794 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Time to bring James West and Artemus Gordon out of retirement to guard him.

Posts: 7094 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
BREAKING NEWS Police officer shoots and kills armed suspect just outside the Republican convention in Milwaukee

That's from the Daily Mail. I can't make the link, as I'm posting from my cell.

Here you go.

quote:
"A police officer shot and killed an armed suspect a mile away from the Republican National Convention in Milwaukee.

A cop from Columbus, Ohio, was involved in an 'officer involved shooting' just blocks from the Convention main stage, Fraternal Order of Police President Brian Steel confirmed Tuesday.

He said that the condition of the victim at this time is 'unknown' and no officers were injured during the incident."

The condition of the dead victim is unknown?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I’ve not looked through the entire thread, so this may have been asked already, but….
Would proof of negligence on the part of USSS or local PD open those organizations up for litigation from the people injured and killed in the cross fire?

Posts: 6345 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post