SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 ... 920
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Six Days on the Road
Picture of vandrv
posted Hide Post
This seems a sad day to me. The end of a truly great Presidency and the beginning of at least four years of misery.
Thank you Donald Trump. I believe history will treat you a whole lot better than the last four years have.

Posts: 759 | Location: The Boulevard of Broken Dreams | Registered: June 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am eternally grateful for President Trump. He is courageous, steadfast, and strong. May God bless you and keep you President Trump and your family.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I find myself today with a profound amount of sadness and anger as well as a sliver of hope.

I am mad at the media cartel for hating America and deceiving my fellow Americans.
I am mad at the GOP for being afraid to lead and for giving a flying fuck about the media and talking to them. Why talk to people who only twist your words?
I am mad at the democrat party for being evil anti American scum. They hate me and I hate them.
I am sad that people who I considered to be intelligent fell for the left’s 5 year media barrage.

I am also hopeful.

It was the pain of Obama and his colossal failures that brought us Trump. The media tried mightily but they were unable to hide his massive failures.

I have hope and confidence that once the Democrats have fucked up enough we will see a course direction. I have hope that people have seen that our media is neither free or fair. I think people are finally beginning to open their eyes. The left’s monopoly on media is I believe at its pinnacle right now. I foresee a long hard road ahead for legacy media outlets as more and more alternatives will appear and check their bullshit leftist narrative. Fox News previously showed that people want an alternative to the leftist bullshit and the viability of such a media outlet.

This was a close election despite a 24/7/365 media assault the likes of which the world has never seen before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I find myself today with a profound amount of sadness and anger as well as a sliver of hope.

stickman, I have similar feelings today.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Yesterdays address was a spectacular summary of great accomplishments by the Greatest ever President.
Thank You for a great job.

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hope we haven't seen the last of him or his brand of Patriotism. Thank you President Trump for four good years.

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

stickman, I have similar feelings today.

And me as well.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The most important thing the Trump administration has done for me, more important than the tax cuts, the low unemployment, rebuilding the military etc. (I could go on) is that there really is a deep state and it is so powerful.

When watching his speeches in 2015 he would call out the deep state and I would think "just more political BS" Everything he said has been proven true. We must fight this from the bottom up. He would call out fake news and I would think"yes they are biased but it can't be that bad" I was wrong.

I am 64 years old. Old enough to had watched Reagan, and Nixon. And of course Carter. Trump has been the best in my lifetime. Reagan needed a Carter, Trump needed an Obama, let's see what the aftermath of Joe and the ho brings. My only fear is that we may be too far gone by that time.

I know people here are glum today and that's ok. I think we need to start working now, well maybe tomorrow, to fix this instead of saying"I will never vote again"

Take care,

Jim

Posts: 1341 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
To deny his accomplishments just makes one look foolish. I really hope he starts his own platform because we will need someone with credibility to call out the BS. Thank you for your service Mr. President.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5909 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
President Trump,

Thank you for everything you have done for the United States of America! The swamp was not drained, but it took a huge hit. Thank you for your effort.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3629 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
It took Carter to get Reagan, Obama to get Trump. I don’t know who it will be in 2024, but it will be exactly who we need.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigalert:
It took Carter to get Reagan, Obama to get Trump. I don’t know who it will be in 2024, but it will be exactly who we need.

From your lips to God’s ears.

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
I’m going to miss these post. And going to miss President Trump more. Great job Sir!! See you on the flip side. God bless you and God continue to bless the United of America.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p59ZDdxszkk&feature=youtu.be

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Thank you President Donald J. Trump!

Thank you for your tireless and courageous work on behalf of the American people, for always putting 'America First', for you strong defense of the US Constitution, for your genuine, unwavering support of the US Military and restoring respect for America throughout the world.

You 'Made America Great Again', and are without question, the Best President of my Lifetime! Godspeed 45.... Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
Thank you President Trump.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
One of his legacy's will be the speed that the USA was able to develop and start distribution on the Covid vaccine. Overcoming paralysis by analysis not seen in a long time.
This project would have still been in the concept phase today without the forceful personality and get it done attitude he caused. We haven't seen anything big with government involvement get done this effectively since the WW2 industrial conversion. Even the space program had much more bureaucratic interference and bloat than this did.
Hopefully some of the next generation will recognize and appreciate that things can get done with a more entrepreneurial approach to urgent problems.
The list of his accomplishments was a reminder of how many good ideas have been promised for decades but derailed by the inertia of big government and special interests.
Eisenhower warned of the military industrial complex, one that still exists, but now has spread to almost every aspect of government and society.
This, from just a few months ago:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/31...erts-invs/index.html

Posts: 9516 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jprebb
posted Hide Post
Godspeed President Trump! Thank you for all that you've done!!!

JP

Posts: 2054 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
I saw a quote earlier that bears repeating:

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

President Trump saved us from the sure destruction of a hillary presidency. We can reflect fondly on him and his accomplishments.

Godspeed my forever President, DJT!

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 986 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
President Trump has been the best president in my lifetime. He was an outsider, a non career politician and had no need involve himself in our obviously corrupt system of politics / government.
His disdain for the mainstream media and leftists have made him the target of the worst abuse and blatant disrespect a sitting president has endured in my lifetime. I hope to meet the man some day and thank him personally for his service.
The one ideal I have shared with President Trump from the beginning and now at the end of his term:
AMERICA FIRST!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16093 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post