SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 ... 927
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnul 9:
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
President Trump delivered a powerful farewell address on Tuesday afternoon. In the speech, he promised the movement will live on. He told the public, “We did what we came here to do — and so much more.”

He went on to list some of his many accomplishments.

FOX News did not air the speech, nor did the rest of the news media, except for Newsmax, OANN, and RSBN.

Fox News did not air President’s farewell address to the nation

Not true at all. I watched his speech on FoxNews. They aired it as soon as it was released.
I did a bit of research and this is what I found.

The speech was scheduled to start at 4:00 PM EST.
The speech started at 4:05 PM EST, RSBN played the video at the time it was released.

FOX News with Neil Cavuto aired the speech at 4:30 PM EST.
It does appear FOX News previewed the speech to determine if they should air it.

Playing President Trump’s Farewell Address 25 minutes late does not cut it for me.
President Trump’s Farewell Address should have aired “Live” without pre-screening by FOX.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From WSJ FWIW:

Trump Has Discussed Starting a New Political Party

President Trump has talked in recent days with associates about forming a new political party, according to people familiar with the matter, an effort to exert continued influence after he leaves the White House.

Mr. Trump discussed the matter with several aides and other people close to him last week, the people said. The president said he would want to call the new party the “Patriot Party,” the people said.

Mr. Trump has feuded in recent days with several Republican leaders including Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R., Ky.), who on Tuesday said Mr. Trump deserved blame for provoking the deadly Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol. Polls show Mr. Trump retains strong support among rank-and-file GOP voters.

The White House declined to comment.

It’s unclear how serious Mr. Trump is about starting a new party, which would require a significant investment of time and resources. The president has a large base of supporters, some of whom were not deeply involved in Republican politics prior to Mr. Trump’s 2016 campaign.

Third parties have typically failed to draw enough support to play a major role in national elections. Any effort to start a new party would likely face intense opposition from Republican party officials, who would chafe at the thought of Mr. Trump peeling off support from GOP candidates.

LINK

Posts: 2268 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EZ_B:
Any effort to start a new party would likely face intense opposition from Republican party officials, who would chafe at the thought of Mr. Trump peeling off support from GOP candidates.

Too bad. It was theirs to throw away. They threw it away.

For many of us: We're lost to the Republican Party for good, anyway. I wouldn't vote for another Republican on a bet.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am also no longer a republican in any sense of the word.

In Ohio you only indicate which primary ballot you want in the primaries, you do not declare a political party that is attached to your name in any way.

I regret this as I really wanted to remove my name from the "R" roles and put it on the "I" roles.

Bring on the 3rd party. I am in with my support, time and money.

I truly hope President Trump pulls the trigger on this.

The "Boz"

Posts: 1533 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Given what Trump has accomplished and @ this point in history, there is no one more capable of starting a legitimate 3rd party than DJT.

I and my entire family would join immediately.

Rand Paul has it wrong... it's not 1/3 that would leave the GOP. It's more likely 60-80%. Once that's obvious, the rest would come over to our side and the GOP would be in ashes. If the next 4 years are as abysmal as I think they will be, a few Dems might join the ranks as well.

I believe the Deep State truly fears such an action, which is why SOBs like McConnell are making their positions known.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
Given what Trump has accomplished and @ this point in history, there is no one more capable of starting a legitimate 3rd party than DJT.

Rand Paul has it wrong... it's not 1/3 that would leave the GOP. It's more likely 60-80%. Once that's obvious, the rest would come over to our side and the GOP would be in ashes. If the next 4 years are as abysmal as I think they will be, a few Dems might join the ranks as well.

I believe the Deep State truly fears such an action, which is why SOBs like McConnell are making their positions known.
Yes , I would like to see 45 form a third party, The Patriot Party!

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any effort to start a new party would likely face intense opposition from Republican party officials, who would chafe at the thought of Mr. Trump peeling off support from GOP candidates.

The republican party is incapable of intense opposition. They couldn't back their own best candidate so what kind of opposition could they gather?

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I checked out of the Republican party years ago. I came back for Trump, but I am out again.

If Trump starts a new party I am in. The GOP needs to join the ash heap

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10731 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by midwest guy:
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:

Yes , I would like to see 45 form a third party 45 form a third party, The Patriot Party!

45 ACP "American Conservative Party"

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6321 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:...
...I was referring to purge of Red Army officers.

FWIW. I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43921 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:

Now that is funny. Stir up the panty wetters, for sure. It would certainly meet all the Trump trolling requirements for an oxygen-stealing media move. Wink

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
From WSJ FWIW:

Trump Has Discussed Starting a New Political Party

This I look forward to.

More was achieved in the one term of 4 years.
Political parties have changed direction, onus and bluster over the course of the country's history.

Indeed, as hamden106 stated, the (45 ACP) American Conservative Party.

There's plenty of space for the renewal of liberty.

--chris

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
I like it!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
A party founded by Trump. Hope.

RINOs can transparently call consider themselves Dems now. Let them split the Dem votes.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12758 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
45 ACP?! I'M IN!!!

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5416 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
No love for the 9mm Party?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43921 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
Still my President for the next 16.5 hours.

Because all he has done, he will forever be my President.

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Of course the rotten republicans would vehemently object to a third party under Trump, or his son if Trump is successfully impeached this time around. The rats chose the swamp over the President that would have likely ended the pork-fest for both sides of the aisle. They will lose a LOT of their young, up and coming rising stars in the party as well. 45ACP would be the last nail in the crooked party’s coffin.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15624 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
A party founded by Trump. Hope.

RINOs can transparently call consider themselves Dems now. Let them split the Dem votes.

The Dem party is already fractious, between the more classic liberals and true GDC's. It would be interesting to see if how many RINO's would take the Dem plunge once they lose as Repubicans.

Posts: 7269 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I'm expecting Trump to do just that along with creating his own media and social platforms that can't be marginalized or shut down. I don't think Trump will run again and I'm not sure Don Jr. has the charisma. May I nominate Kristi Noem as the first candidate of the 45ACP party?
As long as we are all just wishing and hoping right now.

But then there's that pesky problem of rigged voting machines that needs to somehow be dealt with first.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8539 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post