SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 ... 1141
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:
One of my training officers went over to Secret Service. He hated it during campaign season. In addition to their normal assignment they get spread out to cover all the other candidates, families, and events. It's basically a 24/7 job. It's not uncommon for an agent to work their regular detail, get pulled and put on a plane to work a campaign event across the country, and then immediately fly back to work their regular detail. They get stretched VERY thin.

To make it more fun, Secret Service overtime is capped. Once they hit that cap, they are working for free. Granted, it's a pretty high cap, but when you work around the clock you hit it faster than you'd expect. In the 2016 election cycle there were agents who were shorted roughly $40k in overtime.

The percentage of Secret Service agents who work protective details is actually a small percentage of their work force. Most of them work Treasury investigations, are in uniform positions, or are unsworn support staff.

It's going to be a brutal after action debrief and careers will very likely end over this, but at the end of the day the President is alive and the shooter is not.

Watch the video of the female SS officer trying to reholster her pistol after they get President Trump into the vehicle. Complete incompetent clown show.

Posts: 1846 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 24208 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Pictures I've seen of the dead guy on the roof appear to show an American Flag on the right sleeve of his t-shirt. I wonder what the front and back of that t-shirt has printed on it?

Posts: 4828 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That screaming woman needs to have a sock stuffed down her throat. Good God
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbs:
Pictures I've seen of the dead guy on the roof appear to show an American Flag on the right sleeve of his t-shirt. I wonder what the front and back of that t-shirt has printed on it?
It's a t-shirt from Demolition Ranch

https://www.bunkerbranding.com...ariant=8137045704749

They've got a youtube channel and their content is annoying as fuck. They don't do gun owners any good with their antics IMO.

Posts: 109014 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
To make it more fun, Secret Service overtime is capped. Once they hit that cap, they are working for free.

Federal agents are given what's known as LEAP, or Law Enforcement Availability Pay.

It's basically +25% of their salary, intended to compensate them for their frequent overtime work. They get it whether they work 40 hours that week or 100 hours that week.

But in return, they are not eligible for overtime pay in most circumstances.

They're effectively salaried employees.

Posts: 33036 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

Watch the video of the female SS officer trying to reholster her pistol after they get President Trump into the vehicle. Complete incompetent clown show.[/QUOTE]

‘What are we doing? What are we doing ?”

Nothing.

0:01

Posts: 4279 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
Watch the video of the female SS officer trying to reholster her pistol after they get President Trump into the vehicle. Complete incompetent clown show.

Got a link to that video you can share?

ETA - I believe this is it

https://x.com/EndWokeness/status/1812333154851553585

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9428 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
One of my training officers went over to Secret Service. He hated it during campaign season. In addition to their normal assignment they get spread out to cover all the other candidates, families, and events...

Trump is the only remaining candidate and he already gets protection. RFK Jr never got it. Could Hunter and Jill Biden be using all the manpower? Are large numbers of agents always at Joe's beach home in Delaware?

Posts: 16002 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
That screaming woman needs to have a sock stuffed down her throat. Good God
quote:
It's a t-shirt from Demolition Ranch

https://www.bunkerbranding.com...ariant=8137045704749

They've got a youtube channel and their content is annoying as fuck. They don't do gun owners any good with their antics IMO.

WHOA !!! ... that was fast !!! Thanks Para

Posts: 4828 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like many others here, my GF and I both donated to Trump tonight. I just wish I could have given more than I did.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9365 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
This was only a few weeks ago.

Just what in the hell do these people think is the likely conclusion to the narrative and lie that Hitler incarnate is on the horizon? And all these people are now giving their oh so heartfelt best wishes and a speedy recovery to, you know, Hitler. Kamala Harris put out a statement about this "senseless violence." These fucking people. Senseless violence? Hitler is about to be elected, you stupid bitch. Right? Sounds like this assassin actually had quite a bit of violence backed up by sense. He's Hitler after all! These people are disgusting. And so is Biden, who continues to perpetuate the Charlottesville "very fine people" lie, and now he's on TV referring to President Trump as Donald as if they're just the bestest of buddies. Fuck you, Joe. Your bullahit is responsible for this too.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30881 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
[The only explanation that comes to mind is that threats can come from ANYWHERE and eyes must have not been on that roof for ever how long it took Thomas Matthew Crooks to get into position and fire.

I'm curious, as suggested above, how Crooks knew that position would be available. Did he just take a chance that day? Just dumb luck? Because if that roof was protected and he went up there w/ a rifle, today still probably wouldn't have ended well for him. I would have assumed that any desirable vantage point would be covered or monitored by LE/SS. I didn't know it was so easy to get a spot.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13081 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
It's not just the details where the person actually is. There is a tremendous amount of legwork done prior to events (site surveys, sweeps, investigations of potential threats, meetings with local LE, etc). This would appear to be one of the areas of failure here. During the campaign season, there are constant events everywhere and generally a much higher number of threats.

It's a terrible job and I'm glad there are people willing to do it. There will be less of them in the near future, including some in executive positions. Huge black eye for the agency. FBI is probably thrilled about it. There is a huge and often problematic level of institutional rivalry.

Posts: 2652 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Looking at the TMZ sniper video:

The kneeling guy seems to be targeting something and then checks for a non-optics view. Why? It's not clear to me that he takes a shot unless unintended - need to watch again but it doesn't seem like he takes a shot while targeting through the scope.

To me it looks like he was looking through the scope at something farther away (angle of the gun), gets a report of a closer threat or catches something out of the corner of his eye, gets his head out of the scope to find the new threat, is startled by the first shots as he tries to lower the rifle to engage the new closer target. I don't think he got a shot off.

Posts: 840 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Good night all and God Bless. Fly those Old Glories high and never forget those chills you felt watching President Trump rise from it all in sheer defiance of his enemies on the 13th of July.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5187 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by x0225095:

Watch the video of the female SS officer trying to reholster her pistol after they get President Trump into the vehicle. Complete incompetent clown show.[/QUOTE]

‘What are we doing? What are we doing ?”

Nothing.[/QUOTE]

I saw that too. The agent is left handed for those looking. You can see it in the video right after Trump gets in the SUV.

Posts: 12575 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
What a surreal day. These people are utterly unhinged and without any moral compass to guide them in their actions.

God Bless Donald Trump.

Posts: 11432 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P226RN:... Fly those Old Glories high and never forget those chills you felt watching President Trump rise from it all in sheer defiance of his enemies on the 13th of July.

Trumpteenth! Wolverines...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44444 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
It looks to me like the kneeling sniper sees something and tries to get his gun down onto it but the tripod won't let him get the declination he needs because of the angle of the roof he was on. He yanks the rifle back trying to get the angle but the prone sniper had already taken the shot.

But that's just from watching a grainy bit of video on my phone. I could very well be completely wrong on that. I would like to see what the difference in elevation is and what that roof actually looks like from the perspective of the counter sniper team's position.

Posts: 2652 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
https://x.com/MattWalshBlog/st.../1812268458266202451

Was this posted yet?

https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1812256998588662068

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30881 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post