SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 ... 1123
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
Why would the side spewing all of the divisive rhetoric decide it is time for all of it to end post assassination attempt of their main political foe?

We can all hope that many of them had a come-to-Jesus moment on Saturday and realized how deadly serious this shit is. I know that most of them are irredeemable, but we can hope that some developed a conscience.

I really doubt that.

From what I saw on platforms like Reddit, you are dealing with complete sociopaths.

Posts: 34469 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Originally posted by sse:
quote:
Originally posted by fischtown7:
Secret Service boss just said no one was placed on that roof because it was sloped and would be unsafe. Anyone else realize whats wrong with that statement?

i read that as the local sheriff or colonel, or whatever the h_ll he is, didn't require his stooges to climb onto the roof

Link?

The roof-is-too-steep excuse is pathetic. They've not come out and said it but, it's sounding like that building was Counter Sniper Team #4's position, hidden inside to be an observation post set-up. Ignore the water-tower nearby, too hot to climb and going to the bathroom would be a problem. Roll Eyes
Full picture still hasn't been established but the more we're hearing, the more it's sounding like confusion and over-deference to USSS, and no initiative or, delegation of authority was provided to supporting agencies, the 'Swiss Cheese' effect was on display.

Meanwhile, the Keystone Kops impression continues to grow: So you're telling us, you had cops inside this building watching for threats, meanwhile there's a twenty-year old weirdo outside, who's managed to amble up to the roof of this SAME building with a rifle, attempting to assassinate a former president during a campaign rally?

my own "far-fetched" opinion...statements have been made that the SS delegated outer ring(s) of security to local LE; one of whom apparently went up to the roof and was shooed away by the perp, many others of whom disregarded warnings from the crowd, many others of whom were present roaming around the grounds, but obviously not with any intention to do anything more than make a cameo appearance, let alone scaling walls and occupying the roof

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
Why would the side spewing all of the divisive rhetoric decide it is time for all of it to end post assassination attempt of their main political foe?

We can all hope that many of them had a come-to-Jesus moment on Saturday and realized how deadly serious this shit is. I know that most of them are irredeemable, but we can hope that some developed a conscience.

I really doubt that.

From what I saw on platforms like Reddit, you are dealing with complete sociopaths.

Stay off of Reddit...you're delving into a cesspool, a septic-tank of political garbage and viewpoints.

Posts: 15032 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ranger312:
The rooftop was too steep to have an Agent on it? Are you serious? That rooftop looked almost flat. The rooftop where the snipers were located appeared to be steeper than the roof Crooks was on.

United States Secret Service Director Kimberly Cheatle acknowledged in the interview that responsibility for the security failure that led to the attempted assassination of Trump ultimately rests with herself.

She said the Secret Service was aware of the security vulnerabilities presented by the building Crooks took a sniper's position on to aim at Trump. However, a decision was made not to place any personnel on the roof.

"That building in particular has a sloped roof at its highest point. And so, you know, there's a safety factor that would be considered there that we wouldn't want to put somebody up on a sloped roof. And so, you know, the decision was made to secure the building, from inside," she said.

LINK

“Three snipers were stationed inside building used in Trump assassination attempt.”

In a story broken by the local Beaver County paper, we learned yesterday that three local Beaver County sharpshooters who should have been stationed on the building, were instead inside the building, and it gets worse.
https://beavercountian.com/con...efore-trump-was-shot

Snipering usually works much better from an elevated position, and isn’t super effective from the ground. I’m not an expert, but it seems obvious.

Anyway, the cops spotted assassin Crooks, several times. Each time Crooks was acting incredibly sketchy and even once used a rangefinder. The Beaver County police stayed put, but called it in to the command post — all while Crooks continued prowling around on the ground. They knew exactly where he was —well before he took the shot— called it in more than once, and even took pictures of him, but still didn’t stop the shooting. CBS:
image 2.png

Not only that, but they knew the building was a good spot for shooting presidents. Citing NBC’s sources, the BBC reported yesterday that the rooftop was a “known vulnerability,” and Secret Service had assigned local police to secure the building.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24555 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
UFC’s Dana White Speaks Out After Attempted Assassination of President Trump: “This Guy is the Legitimate, Ultimate American Badass of All Time”

"I’ve been saying this forever about this guy. He is one of the toughest, most resilient human beings that I have ever met in my life. And let me tell you what, everybody wants to act like a tough guy, right? Everybody wants to act like a tough guy. Well, Well, when the sh** goes down, you find out who tough guys are and who tough guys are not.”

“This guy is the legitimate, ultimate American badass of all time.”

“The guy takes a shot at him He goes down, he stands up, and then he starts chatting to the crowd, fight, fight, fight. I literally was blown away. I called him…as soon as I landed, I called him and he answered, and he was already home from the hospital.”

“When we talked for 30 minutes, Pat, I’m telling you, I have never known a human being like this in my life. He’s literally one of the toughest, most badass guys of all time. Listen, you don’t like him. You can say whatever you want about him.”

“It is undebatable now. Literally, undebatable. This sniper tried to take a shot at him and missed him by a millimeter. A bullet through the ear.”

“I had a buddy in Boston when we grew up, and a bunch of guys tried to kill him one night outside of a bar. And he was never the same again. He was never the same. He literally moved out of South Boston and went down South Shore and was never the same again mentally after that happened to him.”

“This guy is almost 80 years old. The guy tried to blow his head off. And to have the reaction that he did when he got up, this guy has been a friend of mine for 25 years. He’s one of the greatest human beings I’ve ever an unbelievable friend, and he is forever now the ultimate American badass. That picture that you just showed will go down in history 100 years after we’re dead.”

https://twitter.com/i/status/1812910905279312028

Q

Posts: 27449 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Crooks was seen by law enforcement using a range finder Mad

Also a really good photo of the steep roof at the link.

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...m-using-range-finder

Posts: 13012 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The account that Donald Trump authorized for donations to the people wounded or killed at the Pennsylvania rally, now stands at $4.8 million
Elon Musk donated $50k

https://www.gofundme.com/f/pre...or-butler-pa-victims

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I made a quick trip to the store and I caught the start of the Dan Bongino radio show. No link, but he stated that from his sources, out of the whole group of agents directly guarding Trump, only three of them were Secret Service, the rest were personnel from Homeland Security.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17132 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:

my own "far-fetched" opinion...one of whom apparently went up to the roof and was shooed away by the perp...

Far fetched indeed. The sheriff's deputy who scaled the roof lost his grip when he ducked to avoid the shooter who was aiming a rifle in his direction. As a result, the deputy fell to the ground receiving a serious ankle injury. While difficult to prove, he may have distracted the shooter just enough to save the day.

Posts: 3557 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once the Comperatore family has dealt with their grief, they should lawyer up and sue Kimberly Cheatle for wrongful death.

Posts: 789 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
It looked like it. I am sure you can pick out the three too.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19675 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Referring to posts on pages 1040-41, Bill Kristol and the other "never" (different from "anti") "Trumpers" have a worse form of TDS. "'Anti' Trumpers" are just stupid, but "'Never' Trumpers" know better but hate - to the point of actively voting for the other candidate - him anyway, despite the fact that Trump supports their principles and stances.

Posts: 28588 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
when i heard about the steep roof excuse, i figured they were locals loafing and not SS...i hope all those responsible are severely and publically scorned and ridiculed completely out of public service at all levels

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the agents inside the building had the capability to place surveillance cameras outside the building to cover the roof and access to the roof. The entire path probably could have been blocked by parking one or two semi trailers between the roof and the stage.

Posts: 7626 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Good Analysis of the siutation from special forces sniper tim kennedy. Someone remind me of the name of the embed page please?

https://youtu.be/G9boJpqiZTQ?si=1B5st1U2UgTCb-W0

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8238 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hjs157:
quote:

my own "far-fetched" opinion...one of whom apparently went up to the roof and was shooed away by the perp...

Far fetched indeed. The sheriff's deputy who scaled the roof lost his grip when he ducked to avoid the shooter who was aiming a rifle in his direction. As a result, the deputy fell to the ground receiving a serious ankle injury.

I wonder if the deputy drawing the shooters attention away for even a second maybe made him rush his shots and miss. I believe the early reports said he pointed his rifle at the cop then shots rang out seconds later. Maybe the shooter realized his time was running out and just rushed it, potentially causing him to “miss”.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, was just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2538 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
I made a quick trip to the store and I caught the start of the Dan Bongino radio show. No link, but he stated that from his sources, out of the whole group of agents directly guarding Trump, only three of them were Secret Service, the rest were personnel from Homeland Security.

We know that during campaign season USSS officers quickly rack-up work hours that would normally cross into normal overtime work rules, but given their unique line of work, they have a different pay structure that sort of (not really) makes up for that; kindof like fireman. Going beyond those work schedules, officers are rotated in/out in order to avoid burn-out; who does the augmentation and backfilling....not sure, and therein lies one of the possible issues.

Doing EP work is pretty hard it has certainly has its perks but usually its painfully-numbingly boring due to the passivity of the role; I heard the only armed job that is worse is being a Federal Air Marshall.

Posts: 15032 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
Good Analysis of the siutation from special forces sniper tim kennedy. Someone remind me of the name of the embed page please?

https://youtu.be/G9boJpqiZTQ?si=1B5st1U2UgTCb-W0

https://codejanitor.azurewebsi...beds/twitbedder.html

Posts: 13012 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hjs157:
quote:

Far fetched indeed. The sheriff's deputy who scaled the roof lost his grip when he ducked to avoid the shooter who was aiming a rifle in his direction. As a result, the deputy fell to the ground receiving a serious ankle injury. While difficult to prove, he may have distracted the shooter just enough to save the day.

by the sound of that i think i'll stick to my take

Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Steep roof, huh? Funny, it didn't look like they had any problems walking around up there around the shooter's body.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16628 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post