SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 ... 1144
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I understand. I was responding to the contention that the shooter was rushed and therefore missed. He may or may not have rushed, but he's didn't really miss. Rather Trump moved fortuitously.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13081 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:...
Not nearly as distracting as putting his pistol over the edge of the roof and popping off a few shots at the perp would have been.

Yep.

His gunfire would have brought all the boys to the yard...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44446 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. HANLON

Perhaps. But seems like there are suggestions of malice here. If so, that seems treasonous. Which should carry with it a much more severe penalty than just incompetence.

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13081 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Not nearly as distracting as putting his pistol over the edge of the roof and popping off a few shots at the perp would have been.

Yep.

he bungled that

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
cheatle can say she accepts the blame all she wants, but that doesn't negate the fact that many bear responsibility for the failure

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Concerning the cop/shooter confrontation, I can't help but wonder if that cop did everything possible under those circumstances. If a shooter has the drop on you, especially if aiming a rifle at your head, should you try to draw your weapon and 'take one for the team'and let him shoot you (thus alerting the SS detail by the gunshot(s) ) or would it be better to withdraw and call it in on the radio?

I haven't seen enough info to really draw a conclusion on what options he had. Somebody (I thought it was here on the Forum but I could be mistaken) stated the cop fell off the roof after the shooter pointed at him and then the shooter IMMEDIATELY pivoted and fired at Trump. If so, the cop likely could not have drawn on and fired at the shooter. This would have caused the shooter to rush his shot. This distraction could have been a key part of the shooter missing a relatively simple shot.

I will not condemn the cop at this point based on incomplete data, but it does leave me puzzled.

Just more questions. Like the aftermath at Uvalde, I doubt we will ever have satisfactory answers.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21921 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:

Yep.

Really, the cop or anyone could've put rounds into the dirt, and that would've prompted security to rush Trump off stage.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30882 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I work in a block building with a steel roof. When the HVAC guy goes up on the roof, everyone inside, in every corner of the building, knows there's someone on the roof. How three snipers inside couldn't hear someone on the roof amazes me.

Posts: 3541 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
I work in a block building with a steel roof. When the HVAC guy goes up on the roof, everyone inside, in every corner of the building, knows there's someone on the roof. How three snipers inside couldn't hear someone on the roof amazes me.

That's what I was wondering.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4996 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
Just more questions. Like the aftermath at Uvalde, I doubt we will ever have satisfactory answers.

There is zero question about the Uvalde cops. They were cowards. Period. Don't make excuses for these shitheads.

Q

Posts: 27503 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You fellas be sure to stay off of barely sloping roofs, or uneven floors. Maybe stairs, too. If these things are too dangerous for the professionals of the by God USSS, then, they're too dangerous for us.

Posts: 109025 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I keep wondering why the cop didn’t come over the top of the ladder with his service weapon already out. I can’t recall if he was told the person had a weapon or was just a person on the roof, but either way it wouldn’t be irregular to confront someone on a roof while the candidate is speaking with a weapon in your hand. And when/if the guy points the weapon, cut loose

Posts: 1101 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
A multi-feed video montage assembled by MilkBarTV, which has been viewed more than 3.5 million times on X, shows the attempted assassination play out in real time using clips from several vantage points.

On watching the clip, what struck me was, despite all the chaos and confusion that may have been triggered, the general absence of panic in the audience AND the concern they showed over injured (killed) rally goers and/or Trump more than their own personal safety.

Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
You fellas be sure to stay off of barely sloping roofs, or uneven floors. Maybe stairs, too. If these things are to dangerous for the professionals of the by God USSS, then, they're too dangerous for us.

Yep, like Glock 40's,they're the only one professional enough to handle a steep roof. Here's one demonstrating:

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4996 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
And now we hear that DHS had intel on an Iranian plot to assassinate Trump, but what did he get in the way of protection? Short women who can't find their holster and don't know what they are doing or where they are going (that's what they said: "What are we doing?? Where are we going??")

We get short, barely-trained, nervous, confused women and a DEI hire director scared of any surface not perfectly parallel to the ground.

But, now we're aware of this and the clown games have to cease, if for no other reason, the DEI hire's sense of self-preservation. Either way, if there's any justice, she has but a few months left in her position.

We're not getting our sandwiches and sock mending and that shit's gotta change.

Wash this for me, will ya, hon? That's a good girl.

Posts: 109025 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Oh, and another thing while on the subject. This IS something I have personal experience with.

While on my previous church’s Security Team, I would patrol the main parking lot wearing a big “Shoot Me First” vest. It had SECURITY emblazoned on it. I always figured that if somebody tried to stage a shooting at my church again (this happened once before I started attending there, but it was thwarted by our armed security team) I would be the first one they shot. Anyway, we had a policy of checking out people who just Didn’t Look Right (we called them DLRs). When we say a guy, for example, wearing a hoodie pulled over his face on a hot day, with a backpack, acting flakey and shifty, we would walk up and in a friendly, helpful way, verbally engage with them. “Hey, welcome to XYZ Church! Can I help you find anything? That’s a cool hoodie – I love that TV show/band/sports team. Do you have any questions?” This gave us a chance to check the person out up close and personal and see if he is still acting suspicious, or gets nervous, or otherwise indicates he is a legitimate threat.

I cannot understand how the cops had SEVERAL instances where they could have engaged the guy verbally and checked him out. I mean, HE WAS SIGHTING IN ON THE PRESIDENT WITH A RANGEFINDER. How much more suspicious could you act?

This kid was a little punk with his parents’ rifle that got kicked off the school rifle team because he sucked at it. He wasn’t a Tom Cruise “Mission Impossible” operative, or Spetnaz/CIA/MI6 agent with secure comms, satellite overwatch, and a team of backup professionals all doing their parts to jam comms, divert security, etc, in order to give him once-in-a-lifetime shot at the VIP. This was a complete amateur who got lucky. If any ONE of several dozen officers had done their job, this punk never would have made it to the roof. The moment he got onto that rooftop with the rifle, the Secret Service FAILED in their duty.

Now, I will repeat, I have the utmost respect and for LEO and the SS. However, this incident (like Uvalde) is really challenging those deeply-held attitudes.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21921 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7261 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
What the hell is she talking about?

Am I missing something…aren’t all the roofs there slightly sloping ?

I’m a bit of a black helicopter guy by default but I’m trying to go with it here. But it’s so damned close to being nefariously incompetent that it’s tempting me to go down that conspiracy road.

Show some honor and step down lady.

We’ll sort it out after you’re gone.

0:01

Posts: 4279 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
You fellas be sure to stay off of barely sloping roofs, or uneven floors. Maybe stairs, too. If these things are to dangerous for the professionals of the by God USSS, then, they're too dangerous for us.

My son and I are fishing the Trout River just north of Roger’s City, MI. We walked across a bunch of slippery and shifting rocks under the bridge for US23. I kid you not, I thought Secret Service can’t get me, too dangerous.

Posts: 11601 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Instead of complaining, why don't we do something to actually address the problem? What do you say to a group buy of these for donating to the SS?

"Sorry, but that roof is 2 degrees outside our safety perimeter."

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16883 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post