SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 ... 1135
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fischtown7:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
Dana Perino on The Five just commented on how different Trump looks after the assassination attempt. He does look different.

The arrogance is gone.

He looks now like a servant.

Humbled and inspired.

Following a Greater Leader.

That's just too much BS. How the hell does one look like a servant? Roll Eyes Two days after a near death experience, anyone will look and act different, I suspect. Reading any more into it is just bullshit sensationalism. He has always been a great leader.

What I saw last night was a man that was choked up by the love and affection he was receiving from the crowd. Yes he did look different.

Yes, he does look like someone who is amazed at the amount of support he's getting from people around the globe, when the last 8 years have been nothing but massive attacks on him, the video is from backstage to his seat, and it appears at times he's holding back his emotions at times.

https://x.com/atensnut/status/1813033550373089573

Posts: 24198 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
It's a good thing she was the head of the Secret Service instead of the head of a roofing company.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11197 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:

They should NOT get a pass, or even the slightest benefit of the doubt here! He was seen multiple times, and acting sketchy such that they even photographed him. He was seen with backpack (not a small one if it was the one pictured on the roof), AND using a rangefinder! Even most of the non-LEO members of SIGforum posting in this thread would've seen these as CLUEs requiring further investigation. SOMEBODY should've got their ass out of the AC and headed outside to confront him!

It is a complete indictment of leadership to place so much reliance on outsiders, even if they are LEOs. My point is that there was likely a terrible deficit of training and instruction for the "day labor". Example being the woman asking what they are doing and where are they going. Such a question should not have been necessary by any team member within the perimeter. But so many of them were not USSS and thus not ready for what happened.

At least one LEO did follow up and climb the roof. Others took a photo and radioed in to ... someone. My guess is there was a breakdown in command structure and for whatever reason (perhaps standing orders not to leave one's assigned post) the LEOs were waiting for instructions.

I expect they were instructed to call in anything suspicious. Until it turned into live fire, and then it was too late. It may turn out that too many of the LEOs performed below reasonable expectations, and they should face consequences. But leadership really holds the most responsibility. From those who determined how much USSS protection DJT would get, to those who may have failed on site.

If the soldier understands what he is to do, and fails to perform, it is his fault. If the soldier does not understand his task then it is the fault of his leaders.

Posts: 9720 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
12131:

"That's just too much BS. How the hell does one look like a servant? Roll Eyes Two days after a near death experience, anyone will look and act different, I suspect. Reading any more into it is just bullshit sensationalism. He has always been a great leader."

I'll see what I see, even if for some reason it gets you angry.

And I could not care less what you see.

Posts: 11197 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
Dana Perino on The Five just commented on how different Trump looks after the assassination attempt. He does look different.

The arrogance is gone.

He looks now like a servant.

Humbled and inspired.

Following a Greater Leader.

Of course he looks different.

As someone who Death < Maxwell Smart voice > missed by that much on a dozen occasions, I can assure you each time you better understand your personal mortality. My last successful bit of Divine intervention in 2018 changed me in ways I am now only coming to understand.

As for a servant, a servant of the loving God who decided to turn his head, yeah. What else do you expect him to become?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31975 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Just to clarify:

Isn't the 'storage shed' referred to in an above post just a short connector for a passage/doors between those two buildings?

Posts: 7388 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11207 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Sig2340:

quote:
Of course he looks different.

As someone who Death < Maxwell Smart voice > missed by that much on a dozen occasions, I can assure you each time you better understand your personal mortality. My last successful bit of Divine intervention in 2018 changed me in ways I am now only coming to understand.

As for a servant, a servant of the loving God who decided to turn his head, yeah. What else do you expect him to become?

It's a good thing you don't disagree with me, like 12321. Roll Eyes

would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
"and now for something completely different" two shooters

https://x.com/MJTruthUltra/status/1813242070477287540

This does not look good…

Multiple Eye Witnesses say there was Another Shooter at the Trump Rally

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Apparently, Jill Biden was responsible for getting Cheatle in as Director.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...rces-say/ar-BB1q1Gxj

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17144 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
The shooter on the water tower was one of the HS marksman team kids and was the one that took out Crooks, the USSS counter sniper actually shot the 5 foot Home Depot ladder and it was replaced by a 10 foot one for the photos for OSHA to examine the roof slope before agents entered the roof for the photo op with the departed Crooks.

The FBI has to have an idea what happened by now, do we have to wait until 2025 for all the wagons to be properly circled before everything comes out?

Posts: 2601 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...rces-say/ar-BB1q1Gxj

Yup. 17 pages ago. Razz

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...590017905#8590017905

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30871 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sse:

Where, the grassy knoll?

Nice is overrated

Posts: 31975 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:

Where, the grassy knoll?

They are all claiming the water tower. Open areas and metal buildings can be confusing sound wise. Sounds bounce very differently there. It even confuses the dog and wife to look the wrong way.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8238 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Why did it take so long to get cops on the roof you ask? Let me show you:

https://x.com/kylenabecker/status/1813298095494447197

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6896 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

Perhaps it's obvious given my political ignorance. Has it been discussed why Jill had a say / influence / whatever in this decision? What competencies does Jill have in the selection of a Director? Why is she even involved even if she has competencies, and especially if she doesn't? On what real basis was she Cheatle chosen; who were the other candidates? And were any of the other candidates better choices?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13074 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
This does not look good…

You let us know when anything comes of it.

Until then, we're not being led down this not-unexpected road.

Posts: 108980 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:

If the implications weren't so serious, this could be funny blooper reels with the Benny Hill music in the background.

This debacle seems like happy path coding. No code for error handling.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13074 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:

Jesus, Mary, Joseph, and the donkey.

It’s not often I’m left speechless.

Nice is overrated

would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
This does not look good…

You let us know when anything comes of it.

Until then, we're not being led down this not-unexpected road.

would seem prudent

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post