SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 ... 1132
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
My wife just made an interesting point:

A debate between Vance and Harris would be darn near as much fun to watch as the Trump/Biden fiasco.

(Damn, missed it by this much... Big Grin )

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15479 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Bureau guys have reportedly gotten into the phone...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...11bc710598477b&ei=25

Posts: 3373 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Fabulous

Posts: 108964 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
One of my theories is that the shooting was purely psychologically motivated, not political at all.

Crooks was characterized in high school as intelligent but quiet, and that he was routinely bullied. He failed miserably when he tried out for the school rifle team, at one point striking the wall opposite to the one he was shooting next to. He did become a member of a local gun range, perhaps where he gained better shooting skills. He then had access to an AR-15 purchased by his father (from Botach).

Perhaps he was addressing low self-image issues when he chose to target a high-profile individual. It didn't matter that Trump was the nominee apparent to the political party he was registered with.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16855 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Just turned off the TV The RNC is taking a break, but Trump is now the official nominee, and Vance the official VP nominee as well. I haven't watched Greg Gutfeld in awhile, but he had some great things to say in regards to Dems and the assassination attempt. But that chick who came back from maternity leave, I didn't realize she was the leftist part of the Fox team until she started with some stupid shit. Convention starts again at 6:45pm EST.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17140 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Tentatively, the VP debate will take place on CBS, on either July 23 or August 13.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
The USSS had command and control of the area.

Period.

They dropped the ball and are now pointing fingers to divert blame.

100%

Posts: 3641 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
In 1980, RNC nominee Ronald Reagan wanted to name Jack Kemp as his VP. Kemp was a young, handsome, extraordinarily articulate Congressmen from NY state. Kemp was also the architect of Reagan's economic policy. Kemp had a BS in economics, but was able to absolutely annihilate Keynesian Econ Profs in debates. Kemp was the man and reason I finally became a Republican.

The party power brokers fought Reagan. They told him that Kemp was too conservative and wouldn't appeal to the moderates. They pushed Bush as the safe, moderate choice. Reagan, for whatever reason, acquiesced to their choice and the rest is history.

In Bush, Reagan had a man who looked at Reagan's economics policy like the ape men in "2001: A Space Odyssey" looked at the black monolith. As a consequence, Bush almost completely killed the Reagan economic revolution, brought the country into recession and got his butt kicked in 1992 by a loose-zippered, used car salesman from Arkansas.

Had President Reagan stuck to his guns, he would have still beaten Carter soundly and the Reagan Revolution would continued, and grown, under 8 years of President Kemp.

JD Vance isn't Jack Kemp, but he is a brilliant young man. He may be the the closest thing to Kemp available today.

I think this is a BRILLIANT choice.

Posts: 8860 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
The thought of watching a J.D. Vance/Kamala Harris debate has me grinning like the Cheshire Cat.

Yeah, he'll bring her to her knees...... Big Grin

Posts: 24188 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Better bring those Kevlar knee pads.

Posts: 53761 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good. I hope the national Dems are all but conceding and trying to minimise their down ballot race losses. IF I was a dem I’d suggest eating the shit sandwich in 2024 and keeping my powder dry for a 2028 open seat and at least act like tacking towards the center left Vs going further hard left. But they’re not paying me for my opinions. On second thought they should piss away a Billion on ads in 2024 and hep the local tv and radio economies.

Posts: 4950 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cgode:
quote:
Originally posted by fischtown7:
quote:
Originally posted by cgode:
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
quote:
Originally posted by mrw:
Incredible picture of Trump at the moment of the shot and what appears to be the bullet trail just behind his head.

Trump and bullet trail on X

^^^^

Wait…..am I missing something? I don’t see how the bleachers and people sitting on them behind Trump would be out of the picture….even with that photo taken from the ground the bleachers on the live news channels are still high enough to be in the picture I think????? Photoshop bullshiy going on here? Am I wrong?

Nope it looks right, power lines in the bottom right corner. Photographer was shooting from his feet.

Yeah, I wasn’t sure but you very well be right. I’ve seen bullet trails before in pics from my range on occasion, it just struck me there was no background people in the image….God knows how many assholes photoshop shit just to get a picture. Either way…..thank God Trump escaped serious harm or worse….that was wayy too close!

This photo has been bugging me. Isn’t the bullet trail too flat for being fired from an elevated position 150 yards away? Is the stage really elevated that much? Maybe it’s just the camera perspective but I’m also thinking photoshop was used.

Posts: 3972 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
Considering what could have been...what almost was...today is a great day. Congratulations to our Republican presidential nominee President Trump, and to his running mate J.D. Vance. Serious men for a serious job.

Posts: 1794 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Vance ghosted Knee Pads Big Grin

https://x.com/bennyjohnson/status/1812959670073500119

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17140 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
But that chick who came back from maternity leave, I didn't realize she was the leftist part of the Fox team until she started with some stupid shit. Convention starts again at 6:45pm EST.

She just said the most mind-numbingly stupid things about female SS agents anyone can say. Sometimes I have to wonder if she isn't comic relief or if she is as dumb as she seems.

Posts: 8860 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I'm wondering if it's one of the shots that missed completely. I would expect it to be just a tad higher.

And 150 yards is nothing for a 5.56 round. It's still tracking relatively flat at that distance.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5511 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Winsome Sears [snip]

Thank you, chellim1.

God bless America.

Posts: 13849 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
But that chick who came back from maternity leave, I didn't realize she was the leftist part of the Fox team until she started with some stupid shit.

That's Jessica Tarlov, and I really enjoyed her time away. Wink

God bless America.

Posts: 13849 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
That's Jessica Tarlov, and I really enjoyed her time away. Wink
I was going to ask who was being referred to, but ummm, nevermind. Roll Eyes

She's a quack on a good many issues...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6357 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post