SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 ... 1132
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
I be thinking there is a Pulitzer in that image somewhere.

I'm thinking the one with the bullet whizzing by his head. That was one in a million.

Yes, one in a million. But the Time cover is an absolutely iconic photo.

ETA: But a leftist Pulitzer committee might not like the Time cover photo because it reveals the greatness of President Trump.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pipe Smoker,

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9422 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I think also that since last Saturday evening, many of the Dem leaders have resigned themselves to a Trump victory.

Breitbart reported that a senior House Democrat has told one of the media sites that his Democrat colleagues in Congress are resigned to the fact they lost. And I read elsewhere that some feel the Republicans will likely gain the Senate and more seats in the House.

After the debate, the Dems were in the depression stage of grief, now they are at beginning of the acceptance stage.

For a decade, they were in denial.

Halfway through the first debate they were in raging anger.

The day after, they were in bargaining.

One second after “FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT,” they hit depression.

I doubt they’ll ever reach acceptance.

Look at Hillydog if you need to see of what I speak.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31973 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Fox News reporting JD Vance is the pick

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...is-2024-running-mate

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11206 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Here's yer puppy picture.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 108964 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:

I see no upside not one to bring in independents. He was very anti-trump in 2016. However, I see no downside in having a like minded co-captain.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...050018905#1050018905

Posts: 8661 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
I just wish the judge had ruled on the funding aspect.

If she found Smith lacked duly appropriated funding, it would follow Smith would have violated the Anti-Deficiency Act.

As it is, since Smith’s appointment was illegal, he should be required to repay his entire compensation package, as he received it when he was NOT a federal employee.

Well, she did also say that the Appropriations Clause was also violated.

quote:

... but the Court need not address the proper remedy for that violation…

The proper remedy is criminal charges. Yes, no one has been prosecuted for an ADA violation, but January 20, 2025 is coming before the end of the statute of limitations.

Nice is overrated

Posts: 31973 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30865 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:

That’s a relief. I hate surprises of a lifetime.

Nice is overrated

Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Definitely wasn’t even in my top 3. Not a powerhouse duo. PDJT must know something we don’t. We shall see I guess.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5187 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
WRT to Vance, I keep hearing he's DJT with a beard... Umm, ok. He does have a great story even though early on he was not a supporter of DJT, but eventually came around.

I hardly think he's a bad pick.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6357 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
I see no upside not one to bring in independents.

Independents have largely already made up their minds this late in the game. Choosing someone "more moderate to sway votes" is a bad strategy, since Trump needs more like-minded people in the WH than a RINO or DEI hire. I highly doubt there are many voters who will reluctantly vote for Trump simply because of his VP choice. For the most part, I don't have a huge problem with Vance, not my personal choice, but better than most. Now that it is out of the way, let's get to work...

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17140 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P226RN:
Definitely wasn’t even in my top 3. Not a powerhouse duo. PDJT must know something we don’t. We shall see I guess.

Going after the rust belt swing state vote it seems. Big labor endorses FJB, but the workers like Trump. Most of the other VP options were from red states Trump will carry no matter what.

Posts: 4912 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Biden has lost the black vote, for certain.

50 cent (a rapper) wants to perform for Trump at the Convention.

And now, thanks to AI, we have THE DONALD singing a 50 cent song. Big Grin

https://x.com/Obielicious/stat...weetUser=Obielicious

Nice is overrated

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Jay Dot Dee Dot (the family nickname in his book Hillbilly Elegy) was my favorite, having been very impressed by his life story. Then during the course of the campaign he proved to be an articulate and energetic spokesman for Trump.
I’m very happy with this decision.

I note that Trump had many excellent choices, with the GOP—in contrast to the pitiful and mostly ancient Dems—having a deep bench of highly qualified people.

Posts: 18340 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Vance is a fantastic choice.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30865 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Vance is a bad pick. He does nothing to appeal to suburban women or other winnable independents. Ohio was already a state that Trump will win. For a lot of people here, the VP is irrelevant since they are all in for DJT. However there are plenty of people who don't like Trump or Biden and will base their vote for the VP since they don't expect whoever wins to serve the full term. Youngkin would have been a better choice.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2429 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
President Trump should ask Vivek Ramaswamy to head the Office of Management and Budget and the Office of Personnel Management, and tell him his job is halving the fed.gov budget and RIFing 50% of the fed.gov workforce, feds and contractors (like me) included.

Nice is overrated

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Let's assume that's true. ("Vance is bad pick....")

Even still, at this point Trump is 47. If so, then who is the most competent VP? That should be the pick. Unless Youngkin is more competent than Vance (and not just more appealing in some manner other than competency), then Vance may be a good choice.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13073 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Folks need to stop with the "Vance was against Trump years ago". He has turned around and has been nothing but a hardcore MAGA Trumper. I'm so glad he didn't pick that ND governor, a totally unrecognized politician, unless you live in ND.

Reagan was a Democrat. Charlton Heston was a Democrat...Heck, I was rah rah for Bill Clinton during his first run for the WH.

Q

Posts: 27466 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Green Highlander:
Youngkin would have been a better choice.

Living in Virginia, I can assure you Youngkin is not a better choice.

He’s better than Baby killing Blackface Northam, but that’s not exactly an endorsement.

Nice is overrated