SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 ... 1132
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
Trump Indicted For Inciting Assassination Attempt

From the Bee...LOL

U.S. — Former President has been indicted by a federal judge in Pennsylvania for inciting an assassination attempt that nearly killed him.

"Trump is clearly at fault for someone attempting to murder him with a rifle," said Judge Paul Stephenson. "He brought this on himself, and we will ensure justice is done."

According to sources, the motion to indict Trump was filed roughly thirty seconds after the failed assassination attempt. "It was obvious by that point that Trump had caused a man to fire several bullets at him," said District Attorney Jan Marsh. "If Trump were not literally Hitler, no one would have tried to kill him in the first place. It's time we in the legal system go after Hitler and not the people trying to murder Hitler."

At publishing time, Trump had been indicted again for Secret Service shooting the would-be assassin.

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
Building where Trump rally gunman perched on roof was police tactical team staging area: ABC News

"BUTLER, Pa. —
Law enforcement officers confirmed to ABC News the building where a gunman opened fire at a Pennsylvania rally for former President Donald Trump was the building being used as a staging area for a local police tactical team.

Moments before shots rang out, rallygoers noticed 20-year-old Thomas Crooks climbing onto the roof and warned two officers.

WHAT WE KNOW: The latest information the assassination attempt against Trump

ABC News learned the building was the same building a local police tactical team was using as a staging area to watch over the crowd at the Butler Farm Show grounds.

It is unclear if the team was inside the building, which sources said had been swept before the rally. Investigators are still working to learn if the roof was locked down.

According to a source who spoke with ABC News, Crooks did not use a ladder to get access to the roof.

Officials said an officer was "vaulted" up to the roof after rallygoers called attention to Crooks, who then turned and aimed his gun at the officer.

LATEST: Thomas Crooks identified as Trump rally gunman

AP reported the officer retreated down the ladder and Crooks turned around and began shooting.

Secret Service later confirmed around eight shots were fired around 200 to 300 yards away from Trump's rally stage, hitting the former president.

Corey Comperatore, 50, was killed as he dove to protect his family from the gunfire. Two other men, 57-year-old David Dutch of New Kensington and 74-year-old James Copenhaver of Moon Township were injured.

Both Dutch and Copenhaver are still hospitalized."

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
quote:
Vance is a bad pick.

Isn’t it time to move on?

You can please some of the people all of the time, but you can't beat a horse of a different color by leading it to a drink of water, although you can tune a piano with a fish or something

But if you can get it to float on its back, you’ve got something.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31973 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Go ahead, judge, and skin that smokewagon...

So far, Trump is batting .660 in the lawfare wars, with just the sentencing left, and Merchan would be an absolute fool to do anything rash, the shitstorm he will receive will be devastating.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17140 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Also, I'm eager to see Judge Shit Head in NY try to jail the next POTUS.

After what happened last Saturday, their shit trial in their shit state looks like nothing but shit.

Go ahead, judge, and skin that smokewagon...

I think they are working to make this whole thing go away now. He get slapped with some silly fine if anything.

Posts: 34503 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
"Can't" get into it or don't want to get into it because they know they'll probably find a whole lot of insane leftist Trump-hating nonsense on it? Roll Eyes

The FBI has reportedly taken alleged Trump shooter Thomas Matthew Crooks’s phone to its lab in Quantico, Virginia, where its technicians are working to unlock it as part of the investigation into his possible motives. But according to Fox News reporter Laura Ingraham, the FBI’s finest techies are struggling to crack the phone.

https://x.com/MattWalshBlog/st.../1812846407935561729

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe id="twitter-widget-1" scrolling="no" src="https://platform.twitter.com/embed/Tweet.html?dnt=true&embedId=twitter-widget-0&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&lang=en&theme=&id=1812846407935561729" style="position: static; visibility: visible; width: 550px; height: 344px; display: block; border: none; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-image: url('https://codejanitor.net/embeds/images/bgmessage.png'); background-position: 50% 85px; background-size: 200px; overflow: hidden;" title="Twitter Tweet"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

There is a “facility” just north of DC that could crack that phone in about 0.78 femptoseconds.

I'd be very curious to see his text messages. Social media? Eh....but messages could be very revealing.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39199 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
For the love of all that is holy someone please fix the teleprompter at the RNC!

At least they finished 20 min of “I want you to want me.”

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5187 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Green Highlander:
Vance is a bad pick. He does nothing to appeal to suburban women or other winnable independents.

Would Yongkin have swayed the above two-groups? I'm pretty confident that suburban, Caucasian women had made up their mind on who to vote for months, if not years ago. As for independents, who knows, the only thing they're concerned about at this point, is somebody that can articulate and handle their role as the #1 bench player and even then, the pick is a minor consideration to the overall picture.

The VP role has become the default pinch-hitter/special projects executive, DJT can easily put Vance on task such as making sure the DHS Secretary is going their job regarding the border and writing sensible immigration policy; remaking the State Dept so its not a massive hive where activists and elitists can camp-out and screw-up US foreign policy; making sure the AG is watching state's DA's that are overstepping their boundaries or, in many cases playing games with who and who not to prosecute or, riding herd on the military as they continue to fumble and bumble with their mission and budget...looking at you Navy.

Posts: 15046 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Another factor that almost certainly played in Vance's favor is his age. He's only 39.

In a race between a 78 and 81 year old, where numerous people (especially in younger demographics) have highlighted the advanced age of both candidates as being a concern, it's easy to see how bringing some relative youth into the campaign with your VP pick could be useful.

Posts: 33016 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sse:
Investigators are still working to learn if the roof was locked down.

Ummm.....

Roll Eyes

Posts: 20531 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
iPhones are nearly uncrackable. It's a real problem in forensics investigations and while Apple could help, they don't.

If the shooter had facial recognition or fingerprint ID enabled, clean him up and get into the phone. That's not unheard of.

Clean him up, open up the eyelids and see if they can get in, and I'm sure some federal court can create an order instructing Apple to open the phone.

Let Apple publicly refuse to assist in the investigation of an assassination attempt on the life of a US President/Candidate and see how that plays out with mainstream Americans.

Yeah there will be a few on the left who applaud the move, however once a person commits a federal crime and is killed, suicide or by cop, there should be zero privacy issues for a dead man.

Once you are dead you have no right to privacy, you no longer exist.

Posts: 24188 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Another factor that almost certainly played in Vance's favor is his age. He's only 39.

In a race between a 78 and 81 year old, where numerous people (especially in younger demographics) have highlighted the advanced age of both candidates as being a concern, it's easy to see how bringing some relative youth into the campaign with your VP pick could be useful.

As well as someone with enough mileage left to continue the ideals in 2028 and 2032 and beyond.

Posts: 2601 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Vance also joined the Marines after 9/11.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3633 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 24188 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
So if and when the failures of the USSS at the Butler rally go to hearings, It'll be evident quickly if there's any shennanigans. The bodyguarding business is likely very intolerant of mistakes. If there are any mistakes mea culpas and firings should be expected. What isn't expected is blaming others if blame isn't justified and coverups. If in the hearings there are any attempts to obfuscate, drag feet, hide documents, it immediately points to wrongdoing.

Posts: 7626 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16855 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
And so it begins, and DJT jr calls MSDNC reporter a clown on national TV, Legend!

https://x.com/CollinRugg/status/1812934497803116897

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
The FBI announced that they’ve opened up 388 investigations to determine the motive for the attack and will be issuing about 135,000,000 subpoenas to take statements.

They are really looking for anyone who can shed some light on this massively difficult project which sone have likened to landing a man on the moon.

Posts: 53761 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Totally agree which is why I wasn't surprised Ben Carson or other loyalists of his/my generation weren't picked.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16506 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
The thought of watching a J.D. Vance/Kamala Harris debate has me grinning like the Cheshire Cat.

Me too! I think JDV is smart, articulate and can express Real American values quite well.
A debate between The Ho and JDV is going to look like a Benihana chef preparing a meal. Big Grin

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3867 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post