SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 ... 1145
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by 9mm_shooter:
People joking about Crooks´ marksmanship do not comprehend the reckoning that would have occurred had it been successful. It would have been ugly.

Nothing to joke about. He was right on target but missed only by the Grace of God that told Trump to turn his head at the last moment.

He certainly performed dismally when he tried out for his high school rifle team, but it's unknown how much skill he developed being a member of a shooting range for at least a year.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16885 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
That article has no source for the claimed 26 minutes.

Click on the WPXI in the article. But, here:

And, the 1st shot was fired at 6:11:33 PM.
Thank you. I read what was posted and missed the WPXI link. I’m going to bet the WPXI article is wrong about him being spotted on the roof 26 minutes ahead of the shooting and instead the 26 minutes started when he was on the ground and flagged as being suspicious. There’s no way I can believe any of the law enforcement agencies involved in the security could be so incompetent that they let a guy sit on the roof for 26 minutes.

Posts: 11608 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Regardless, he was a person of interest at least that long. Did they lose track of him? Forget to keep a check? As I'm sure many of you are, I'm at my wits end with this incompetence or cover up. How can this happen?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39220 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
It's hard to fathom just how close this country came to being ripped irrevocably apart. By all rights, Trump should be dead. When I think about what today would look like had that assassin succeeded, I just have to keep thanking God.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30888 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
https://www.foxnews.com/live-n...vention-donald-trump

23 min(s) ago

Elon Musk to contribute $45 million a month to pro-Trump Super PAC: Report

Elon Musk plans to contribute about $45 million per month to a new Super PAC that is backing former President Donald Trump's campaign.

The PAC, called America PAC, boasts supporters such as Palantir Technologies co-founder Joe Lonsdale, the Winklevoss twins, former U.S. ambassador to Canada Kelly craft and her husband, Joe Craft, who heads coal producer Alliance Resource Partners, according to a report from the Wall Street Journal.

The PAC, which was founded in June, will focus on registering new voters and encourage early voting and mail-in balloting in swing states, the report notes.

That's 180 millions in the next 4 months. Eek

Q

Posts: 27505 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
This photo has been bugging me. Isn’t the bullet trail too flat for being fired from an elevated position 150 yards away?

Over such a short distance no bullet trajectory would show any visible arc of travel.

As for the bullet trace angle appearing close to horizontal despite its having been fired from an elevated position, that assumes the camera angle was horizontal when the picture was taken, but unless the photographer takes great care otherwise some slight tilt is very common. A tilt would be very likely in that situation. In fact if the sign in the picture was mounted horizontally on the podium, the angle of its bottom edge with respect to the edge of the picture shows that the photo was tilted.

Inserting an apparent feature like that into a photo would of course be nothing for ’shop, but there’s nothing about the appearance of the streak that proves it was not genuine.

And to reiterate, managing to get a few bullets close to the intended target when firing multiple shots at high speed says nothing about the shooter’s marksmanship. From a supported position like this killer’s and at a distance of 130 (or as I measured it 160) yards, hitting a man-sized target with an AR even with iron sights would have been ridiculously easy for anyone with the most basic marksmanship skills. In this incident the man who was killed in the bleachers was a long way from the intended target. The fact that the President was hit with one shot is explained far more by chance than shooter skill.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47677 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
Originally posted by sse:
now it's coming out that the cops, SS or both knew the shooter was on the roof for almost 30 min

Source?
It’s not that I doubt you, but I’m skeptical of the source.
If I’m wrong, HOLY SHIT.

Trump shooter Thomas Matthew Crooks was 'spotted on roof 26 minutes' before assassination attempt

By WILLS ROBINSON FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 17:56 EDT, 15 July 2024 | UPDATED: 19:39 EDT, 15 July 2024

Donald Trump's would-be assassin [name removed] was spotted on the roof 26 minutes before he opened fire, a bombshell new report claims. ...

That article CHANGED the WPXI report it references. The original report states he was seen on A roof and not on THE roof. To me, that is a detail that matters. He may have been on a roof somewhere else and then came down, then back up.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 5025 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's 180 millions in the next 4 months. Eek

On Fox tonight, they stated that the money is to be earmarked for ballot integrity, to go toe-to-toe with the Dems ballot schemes.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
This photo has been bugging me. Isn’t the bullet trail too flat for being fired from an elevated position 150 yards away?

Over such a short distance no bullet trajectory would show any visible arc of travel.

As for the bullet trace angle appearing close to horizontal despite its having been fired from an elevated position, that assumes the camera angle was horizontal when the picture was taken, but unless the photographer takes great care otherwise some slight tilt is very common. A tilt would be very likely in that situation. In fact if the sign in the picture was mounted horizontally on the podium, the angle of its bottom edge with respect to the edge of the picture shows that the photo was tilted.

Inserting an apparent feature like that into a photo would of course be nothing for ’shop, but there’s nothing about the appearance of the streak that proves it was not genuine.

Thanks for that perspective. It’s just been in the back of my mind as a little off.

Posts: 3972 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
A local police counter-sniper team was stationed INSIDE the building when Thomas Crooks climbed onto the roof, and fired on President Trump.

The building — the AGR International Inc. factory in Butler, Pennsylvania — was being used by local police as a “watch post” for snipers to scan for threats as Trump spoke onstage, just 130 yards away.

Law Enforcement was inside as Crooks was positioning atop them, aiming - preparing to take out a U.S. Presidential candidate.

Inside the building during the shooting!

Link to X posting.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5294 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Of course they were inside, that's where the AC and the donuts were.

Posts: 3773 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This short article is from The Conservative Treehouse. . .

Alarming Update – Trump Shooter Was Seen on Roof 30 Minutes Prior to Shots, Thomas Crooks Was Photographed by Law Enforcement With Picture Forwarded

. . .and does address what has already been discussed here about the shooter being observed and reported by citizens getting onto the rooftop, but it also includes a picture of the "Secret Service Security Bubble" which I have not seen before, which includes a triangle shape USSS 'exclusion' zone of the shooter's position, as well as the water-tower (being outside of their security perimeter altogether).

If what is presented in this drawing is authentic, it is inexcusable and unimaginable of course how these areas were not covered by USSS.

Posts: 3578 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
just turned on the RNC - NewsX needs to get rid of Greta - holy shit - listening to her is like listening to nails on a chalkboard

Posts: 53783 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of djinco
posted Hide Post
The PBS News coverage is clearly left leaning. Of course we already new that, so it's no great revelation.

Cheers, Doug in Colorado

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 656 | Location: Colorado | Registered: February 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
This short article is from The Conservative Treehouse. . .

Alarming Update – Trump Shooter Was Seen on Roof 30 Minutes Prior to Shots, Thomas Crooks Was Photographed by Law Enforcement With Picture Forwarded

. . .and does address what has already been discussed here about the shooter being observed and reported by citizens getting onto the rooftop, but it also includes a picture of the "Secret Service Security Bubble" which I have not seen before, which includes a triangle shape USSS 'exclusion' zone of the shooter's position, as well as the water-tower (being outside of their security perimeter altogether).

If what is presented in this drawing is authentic, it is inexcusable and unimaginable of course how these areas were not covered by USSS.

So, why was that building clearly not in the SS "security bubble"? By that drawing, it's oddly out of the perimeter.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39220 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
i read the report of the timeline on X in a few different places, figured this could be another one of those "far fetched" scenarios that turn out to factual

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
As to the picture with the bullet showing. We filmed a moose being shot with a video camera back in 2000 up in Alaska. In one frame of the video you can see the streaking of the bullet. The light was absolutely perfect. Never seen anything else like this until now. Thank god he turned his head.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10985 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I'd summarize this entire event before, during and after with two words.

Top Men

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38197 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
EXCLUSIVE: Insider reveals how Secret Service 'really screwed up' BEFORE Trump assassination bid and role women DEI hires played to put lives at risk

Is the second pic real? The female SS agent appeared to be hiding behind others and not protecting Trump. I haven't seen that view before.

Q

Posts: 27505 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Trump on stage at the RNC

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post