SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 ... 1145
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
I’m not a Matt Walsh fan, but holy moly does he hit it out of the park!

How can anyone possibly not be a Matt Walsh fan?

Smile

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30888 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
How can anyone possibly not be a Matt Walsh fan?

Smile

Sometimes, certain styles put people off. Wink

Q

Posts: 27505 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:... “And yesterday, what happened, I have no doubts in my mind that the shooter had help from somewhere within an agency, an organization, or the government,” the veteran, who is now a country music singer, said in a video: ...

He should write a ballad and cut a single.

He should, since he's now a singer. But do you disagree with him? What are your thoughts? why was that roof not secured. They knew about this guy. One cop saw him on the roof and was repelled by the shooter pointing his rifle at him? WTF is going on?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39220 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
What I quoted should make my disagreement apparent.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44452 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:... “And yesterday, what happened, I have no doubts in my mind that the shooter had help from somewhere within an agency, an organization, or the government,” the veteran, who is now a country music singer, said in a video: ...

He should write a ballad and cut a single.

Too late.

See my post near the bottom of page 1031.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31990 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
The thought of watching a J.D. Vance/Kamala Harris debate has me grinning like the Cheshire Cat.

Yeah, he'll bring her to her knees...... Big Grin

Isn’t that her default position? Wink

quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Every sane individual would resign, however she refuses...or, at least not yet. No doubt she's got POTUS' support, thus she's sticking around and not bowing out to take the heat off everyone else.

You mean, FLOTUS, don't you?

A distinction without a difference at this point it seems…

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11213 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Here we go, they are going to appeal Judge Cannon's dismissal of the classifieds docs case. It will eventually end up in SCOTUS, then it will get shot down again. Roll Eyes

Special counsel Jack Smith to appeal Trump classified documents case

By Stepheny Price , Brianna Herlihy , Brooke Singman | Fox News
Published July 15, 2024 6:12pm EDT

The Justice Department has authorized Special counsel Jack Smith to appeal U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon’s Monday ruling dismissing the classified records case against former President Trump, Fox News Digital has learned.

"The dismissal of the case deviates from the uniform conclusion of all previous courts to have considered the issue that the Attorney General is statutorily authorized to appoint a Special Counsel. The Justice Department has authorized the Special Counsel to appeal the court’s order," Peter Carr, spokesperson for Smith’s office, told Fox News Digital.

Trump had faced charges stemming from Smith's investigation into his possession of classified materials at his Mar-a-Lago residence. He pleaded not guilty to all 37 felony counts from Smith’s probe, including willful retention of national defense information, conspiracy to obstruct justice and false statements.

Cannon dismissed the case against Trump for the handling of classified documents, and some legal experts called it a "strongly reasoned" opinion that eliminates the "greatest legal threat" to Trump.

She also dismissed the superseding indictment against Trump, deciding it violates "the Appointments Clause of the United States Constitution."

On Monday, Cannon issued a 93-page opinion dismissing the case on the grounds that the appointment of Special counsel Jack Smith to oversee the case was unconstitutional.

It is unclear when Smith will formally appeal the ruling.

Trump, following the ruling, told Fox News' Bret Baier – the anchor and executive editor of ‘Special Report with Bret Baier’ – that he was "thrilled that a judge had the courage and wisdom to do this. This has big, big implications, not just for this case but for other cases.

"The special counsel worked with everyone to try to take me down," Trump added from Milwaukee, the site of this week's Republican National Convention. "This is a big, big deal. It only makes this convention more positive. This will be an amazing week."

The Appointments Clause says, "Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the Supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States be appointed by the President subject to the advice and consent of the Senate, although Congress may vest the appointment of inferior officers in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments." Smith, however, was never confirmed by the Senate.

"Upon careful study of the foundational challenges raised in the Motion, the Court is convinced that Special Counsel’s Smith’s prosecution of this action breaches two structural cornerstones of our constitutional scheme – the role of Congress in the appointment of constitutional officers, and the role of Congress in authorizing expenditures by law," Cannon wrote.

"The Framers gave Congress a pivotal role in the appointment of principal and inferior officers. That role cannot be usurped by the Executive Branch or diffused elsewhere – whether in this case or in another case, whether in times of heightened national need or not," she continued.

"In the case of inferior officers, that means that Congress is empowered to decide if it wishes to vest appointment power in a Head of Department, and indeed, Congress has proven itself quite capable of doing so in many other statutory contexts. But it plainly did not do so here, despite the Special Counsel’s strained statutory readings," Cannon added.

"In the end, it seems the Executive’s growing comfort in appointing ‘regulatory’ special counsels in the more recent era has followed an ad hoc pattern with little judicial scrutiny," she also said.

Earlier this month, Trump requested a partial pause in the classified documents case after a U.S. Supreme Court decision found that presidents have substantial immunity for official acts that occurred while they were in office.

Q

Posts: 27505 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sse:
now it's coming out that the cops, SS or both knew the shooter was on the roof for almost 30 min

Source?

It’s not that I doubt you, but I’m skeptical of the source.

If I’m wrong, HOLY SHIT.

I read somewhere this guy had set off a magnetometer and that they should "keep an eye on him" .

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39220 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Folks need to stop with the "Vance was against Trump years ago". He has turned around and has been nothing but a hardcore MAGA Trumper.

I agree with this. How many of us here were on the Ted Cruz bandwagon? I was. Do you think Trump doesn't know every single thing Vance said about him? He got over it. I'm not generally an optimistic person, but after the last two days, I'm as optimistic as I've ever been.

Year V

Posts: 2672 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sse:
now it's coming out that the cops, SS or both knew the shooter was on the roof for almost 30 min

Source?
It’s not that I doubt you, but I’m skeptical of the source.
If I’m wrong, HOLY SHIT.

Trump shooter Thomas Matthew Crooks was 'spotted on roof 26 minutes' before assassination attempt

By WILLS ROBINSON FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 17:56 EDT, 15 July 2024 | UPDATED: 19:39 EDT, 15 July 2024

Donald Trump's would-be assassin Thomas Matthew Crooks was spotted on the roof 26 minutes before he opened fire, a bombshell new report claims.

Cops at the scene noticed Crooks, 20, on top of the building just 130 yards away from the rally stage and took two photos of him because he was acting suspiciously, sources told WPXI.

It's not clear if he had the AR-style rifle on him when he was first seen scaling the AGR International Inc. factory or if he stayed on the roof for the whole time.

Local police used the building as a 'staging area', leading to questions on Monday night over whether officers were inside when Crooks pulled the trigger at least eight times.

The shocking new allegations surfaced as authorities and the U.S. Secret Service face mounting questions over how Crooks was able to shoot the former president and kill a member of the rally crowd.

A horrifying video shows witnesses pointing at the roof and shouting at officers trying to warn them. MAGA fans also say they alerted law enforcement to Crooks as he crawled to his shooting position, but he was still able to shoot.

Law enforcement at the event in Butler, Pennsylvania are facing intense scrutiny after it was revealed the roof was flagged as a security 'vulnerability'.

Secret Service Director Kimberly Cheatle said on Monday night that she would not resign despite mounting calls for her to step aside over the huge lapses that led to one of the most horrific acts of political violence in history.

The local Pennsylvania sheriff defended the police officer who confronted Crooks on the roof moments before the shooting.

Butler County Sheriff Michael Slupe confirmed on Monday that one of his armed officers encountered the gunman seconds before he unleashed carnage on the former president's rally.

The cop, who has not been named, retreated when Crooks pointed his AR-style rifle at him.

Slupe defended the decision and told KDKA he would 'have done the same thing.'

'All I know is the officer had both hands on the roof to get up on the roof, never made it because the shooter had turned towards the officer, and rightfully and smartly, the officer let go.

'I mean, people think the officers are supermen like you hold on the roof with one hand while you are hanging on for dear life and pull a gun out. It doesn't work that way.

Slupe also said that members of his department were alerted to Crooks' suspicious behavior before the rally began and started searching for him right away.

Local police, not the Secret Service, swept the building, but Crooks was still able to climb to the top and take aim at the former president.

Slupe acknowledged that Crooks was in the 'secondary ring' of protection when he opened fire.

He said the Secret Service is responsible for the ring immediately around the president, but local police take control of the outer ring.

The former president, 78, survived the horrifying assassination attempt when the bullet missed him by less than an inch on Saturday afternoon.

It came eight minutes after he took the stage at 6:03pm ET, where Trump began his remarks and pointed to a large graphic in the same direction where the shooter was perched atop an AGR International building.

Even before he took the stage, Trump supporters said they spotted the gunman 'bear-crawling' across the roof with a rifle, but claimed their warnings to Secret Service were ignored.

'I’m thinking to myself "Why is Trump still speaking, why have they not pulled him off the stage,''' one witness told the BBC. 'The next thing you know, five shots ring out.'

With the sun still high on a bright day, Trump emerged to 'God Bless the USA' playing over the loudspeakers at 6:03pm, and remained waving and shaking his fist at the crowd for several minutes.

Trump brought out a large graphic with statistics on the migrant crisis at the southern border, and told the crowd at 6:11pm: 'That chart's a couple of months old...'

'If you want to really see something that's sad, take a look at what happened,' Trump continued - before he abruptly grabbed the side of his head as several 'pops' filled the event space.

The 78-year-old dropped to the floor in an instant as five more shots rang overhead in quick succession, before four Secret Service agents raced to the stage and dove on top of the former president.

Stunning images showed Trump cowered on the floor as agents protected him, with blood dripping down his cheek.

Several more Secret Service agents continued to flood the stage, while four heavily armed officers lined the perimeter ordering attendees to 'get down.'

The sniper, sat 400ft across from the rally on an exposed rooftop, fired another shot at the stage a second later while Trump fans streamed out of the bleachers.

Secret Service scrambled to take control of the pandemonium where three attendees were hit, one fatally, within a matter of seconds.

An emergency room doctor with blood spattered on his shirt later said he sprang into action to perform emergency CPR on one victim.

'The guy had spun around was jammed between the benches and a head shot here. There's lots of blood and he had brain matter,' he told CBS News.

'So I got him together so I got people there really helpful. I did CPR chest compressions as well.'

Q

Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Read an article on CNN that in the 48 hours leading up to the assassination attempt, Crooks purchased a 5ft ladder at Home Depot. Then, investigators believe, he used his newly-bought ladder to scale a nearby building, and opened fire on the former president.

Posts: 4829 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
That article has no source or support for the claimed 26 minutes.

Posts: 11608 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I’ve not heard of Matt Walsh but he is absolutely correct. There will be no possibly unity with our enemies and the only unity we will have is in rejoicing at their defeat.

He’s also correct I saying that the forces trying to destroy trump did not die with the dead guy on the roof.

Posts: 53783 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
That article has no source for the claimed 26 minutes.

Click on the WPXI in the article. But, here:

quote:
BUTLER, Pa. — Channel 11 News uncovered dramatic new details Monday in the moments leading up to the assassination attempt on former president Donald Trump. According to multiple law enforcement sources, Thomas Crooks was spotted by law enforcement on a roof nearly 30 minutes before shots were fired that injured Trump, killed a former fire chief and injured two others in the crowd.

>>>> Latest on the Trump rally shooting in Butler County

Channel 11′s Nicole Ford confirmed that Beaver County’s ESU team had eight members at the rally, including snipers and spotters. According to Ford’s sources, one of them noticed a suspicious man on a roof near the rally at 5:45 p.m., called it in and took a picture of the person. We have learned from our sources the person in that picture is Thomas Crooks. We’re told it’s not clear if Crooks had a gun with him at that point.

According to multiple sources, a law enforcement officer had also previously seen Crooks on the ground and called him in as a suspicious person with a picture prior to 5:45 p.m. Our sources tell us an officer checked the grounds for Crooks at that point, but did not see him where the first picture was taken.

26 minutes after the second picture of Crooks was taken by law enforcement and the information called in, shots were fired from the roof of the American Glass Research building. Seconds later, a Secret Service sniper returned fire and killed Crooks.

And, the 1st shot was fired at 6:11:33 PM.

Q

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I’ve not heard of Matt Walsh but he is absolutely correct. There will be no possibly unity with our enemies and the only unity we will have is in rejoicing at their defeat.

He’s also correct I saying that the forces trying to destroy trump did not die with the dead guy on the roof.

Daily Wire...Ben Shapiro fame.

Bad Apple
of the AAP
Picture of 9mm_shooter
posted Hide Post
People joking about Crooks´ marksmanship do not comprehend the reckoning that would have occurred had it been successful. It would have been ugly.

Posts: 7799 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: June 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:

& 'What is a woman?' fame.

Year V

Posts: 2672 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
FBI cracks phone belonging to Trump rally shooting suspect. Unclear how they got in, except that they had turned it over to a small Australian hacking firm. Also unknown what relevant data if any was found.

UPDATE: No relevant information found on his phone. Next to search his laptop.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kkina,

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16885 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mm_shooter:
People joking about Crooks´ marksmanship do not comprehend the reckoning that would have occurred had it been successful. It would have been ugly.

Nothing to joke about. He was right on target but missed only by the Grace of God that told Trump to turn his head at the last moment.

Q

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

More famously, 'What is a Woman'!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9432 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post