SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 ... 1132
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
2023 ad for BlackRock investment company filmed at Crooks' high school. Crooks appears briefly at 0:29.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16855 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
In a FoxNews article to day:
quote:
Trump, reacting to images of him raising his fist and being surrounded by Secret Service agents in the seconds following the shooting, said, "A lot of people say it’s the most iconic photo they’ve ever seen."
Can you hear them? Can you hear the screaming and anguish coming from the left? Can you hear them chewing off their own limbs? Big Grin

It's textbook Trump. Everything is "the most" and "the greatest" and "the best" or "most perfect." It drives them CRAZY!

Big Grin

Almighty God has a sense of humor, yes He does.

I posted before, Time Magazine has it on the cover, and I'll bet more magazines will do the same. Without a doubt, it is THE image that defines the 2024 election and the entire year. Impeachment, media attacks, FBI raids, lawfare, fines, countless death threats, taking a bullet, none of this stopped Trump. Some Democrats are likely thinking "Who the fuck is this guy, what is he?"

We thought the Democrats reached rock bottom with the debate, but the hits keep coming. Eat it commies.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17140 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
In the words of Joe Pesci, well there's a fucking surprise.

Secret Service Director Kim Cheatle landed job after push by Jill Biden’s office, sources say

Embattled Secret Service Director Kimberly Cheatle, who is facing congressional outcry and calls to resign over security lapses leading to former President Donald Trump’s near-assassination Saturday, landed her role thanks largely to a close relationship with first lady Jill Biden, The Post has learned.

Cheatle, 53, is the first woman to lead the presidential protection agency and secured the non-Senate-confirmed role in August 2022 after a three-year stint as senior director of global security at PepsiCo. Before that, she had served 27 years in the Secret Service, beginning in the Clinton administration.

Four sources close to President Biden’s family, including people who interacted with Cheatle during the Obama-Biden administration, said she was well liked by the future first lady and her most senior aides, including top adviser Anthony Bernal.

“Cheatle served on Dr. Biden’s second lady detail and Anthony pushed for her,” a Democratic insider told The Post. “Anthony has no national security or law enforcement experience. He should have no influence over the selection of the USSS director.”

“I heard at the time she was being considered for director that Anthony had pushed her forward as an option,” another well-placed source told The Post.

Bernal, 51, is widely regarded as rivaling even White House chief of staff Jeff Zients in terms of influence over administration decisions. He has faced allegations of bullying and sexual harassment from colleagues who have likened his sway to that of Russian mystic Grigori Rasputin over the Romanov court.

“Anthony is obsessed with being DEI-compliant,” another insider told The Post, using the acronym for diversity, equity and inclusion — the human resources practice of attempting to ensure diversity in the workforce.

Cheatle is expected to provide a briefing to members of Congress Tuesday on how gunman Thomas Matthew Crooks, 20, was able to climb onto a roof about 130 yards from Trump’s location at a rally in Butler, Pa., before firing an AR-15-style rifle at the former president, wounding him and two others and killing a rally-goer.

The director also is expected to appear next Monday at a public hearing of the House Oversight Committee.

https://nypost.com/2024/07/15/...yp&utm_medium=social

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30865 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
In the words of Joe Pesci, well there's a fucking surprise.

Secret Service Director Kim Cheatle landed job after push by Jill Biden’s office, sources say

Well, we can confirm who wears the pants and who wears the panties or should I say depends.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...050018905#1050018905

Posts: 8661 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Here is another thing that people may not be aware of when you see the MSM/Left jubilantly crowing that the shooter was a register Republican.

Here in PA we DO NOT have open primaries so if you are a Democrat but wanted to vote for Nikki Haley to hurt Trump, the only way you're doing that is after you change your voter registration to Republican. My guess is that this dead shithead did just that.

Not unusual for the most politically polarized to register their affiliation with the opposition in a warped thought process that they'll work to undermine and 'get inside' as a subversive. You see this type of stupidity at local-level elections.

Posts: 15046 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scuba Steve Sig:
Count me in for the generous puppy karma Para.

I live in a high capacity puppy restricted house, can I substitute a 10-round cat if I win?

9,435 choices available.

Wink

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31973 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
In a FoxNews article to day:
quote:
Trump, reacting to images of him raising his fist and being surrounded by Secret Service agents in the seconds following the shooting, said, "A lot of people say it’s the most iconic photo they’ve ever seen."
Can you hear them? Can you hear the screaming and anguish coming from the left? Can you hear them chewing off their own limbs? Big Grin

It's textbook Trump. Everything is "the most" and "the greatest" and "the best" or "most perfect." It drives them CRAZY!

Big Grin

Almighty God has a sense of humor, yes He does.

I posted before, Time Magazine has it on the cover, and I'll bet more magazines will do the same. Without a doubt, it is THE image that defines the 2024 election and the entire year. Impeachment, media attacks, FBI raids, lawfare, fines, countless death threats, taking a bullet, none of this stopped Trump. Some Democrats are likely thinking "Who the fuck is this guy, what is he?"

We thought the Democrats reached rock bottom with the debate, but the hits keep coming. Eat it commies.

I be thinking there is a Pulitzer in that image somewhere.

Nice is overrated

Posts: 31973 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm thinking the one with the bullet whizzing by his head. That was one in a million.

Q

Posts: 27466 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

I believe the photographer who got that shot had already previously received a Pulitzer.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30865 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Parabellum Puppy Bowl MMXXIV

Posts: 24188 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Here is another thing that people may not be aware of when you see the MSM/Left jubilantly crowing that the shooter was a register Republican.

Here in PA we DO NOT have open primaries so if you are a Democrat but wanted to vote for Nikki Haley to hurt Trump, the only way you're doing that is after you change your voter registration to Republican. My guess is that this dead shithead did just that.

Not unusual for the most politically polarized to register their affiliation with the opposition in a warped thought process that they'll work to undermine and 'get inside' as a subversive. You see this type of stupidity at local-level elections.
Do I get a pass if I only tried it once? I registered as a Democrat in WI and voted for Russ Feingold in the primary figuring he’d be the easiest Dem for Bob Kasten to beat. It didn’t work out and I’ve never voted for a Dem again.

Posts: 11575 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
quote:
By the way, notice that no one is talking about Biden and the possibility of him dropping out. Of course, once the talk about the assassination attempt begins to die down, the subject will come back strong into the news cycle, but this delay of a week or more puts us closer to the Dem convention and closer to the election, and the closer we get without Biden withdrawing, the better his chances of staying in the race.

I think also that since last Saturday evening, many of the Dem leaders have resigned themselves to a Trump victory.

Your last sentence tracks with a theory I heard as well - that the Dems don't want to burn (what they think is) a viable candidate and would rather blame Biden and have him take the loss.

Posts: 1133 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I'm thinking the one with the bullet whizzing by his head. That was one in a million.

Story behind the pic:

quote:
"I just happened to be down, shooting with a wide angle lens just below the president when he was speaking. There was a huge flag waving right above his head, and I just happened to be taking pictures at the same time," he told "America's Newsroom" in Milwaukee.

Then, when I heard the pops, I guess I kept hitting on the shutter, and then I saw him reach for his [ear]. He grimaced and grabbed his hand and looked. It was blood, and then he went down, and I thought, 'Dear God, he's been shot,'" he continued...

Mills said the moment he discovered he had captured an image of the bullet whizzing past Trump was a "surprise" to him.

It happened after he was ushered into a tent and began sending photos of the former president's now widely-circulating defiant fist pump to an editor.

"I was like, ‘Oh, hell. I remember taking pictures of him when this happened. Let me go back and look.’ I started looking at it. I started sending them right away, and I called one of the editors and said, ‘Please look at these really closely. This might have been near the moment where he was shot,’" he said.

"She called me back like five minutes later and said, 'You won't believe this.' She goes, ‘We actually see a bullet flying behind his head, and I was like, ’Oh my gosh.'"

Mills said he captured the rally images with a Sony a1 camera.

Fox News

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16855 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sorry, can't resist.

https://x.com/skysdadrocks/status/1812918075806871657

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 108964 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:.
<snip>

Probably correct unless the selection committee is full of leftists.

Actuality, I’m surprised that Time put that iconic photo on its cover.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9422 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I just wish the judge had ruled on the funding aspect.

If she found Smith lacked duly appropriated funding, it would follow Smith would have violated the Anti-Deficiency Act.

As it is, since Smith’s appointment was illegal, he should be required to repay his entire compensation package, as he received it when he was NOT a federal employee.

Nice is overrated

Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
quote:
By the way, notice that no one is talking about Biden and the possibility of him dropping out. Of course, once the talk about the assassination attempt begins to die down, the subject will come back strong into the news cycle, but this delay of a week or more puts us closer to the Dem convention and closer to the election, and the closer we get without Biden withdrawing, the better his chances of staying in the race.

I think also that since last Saturday evening, many of the Dem leaders have resigned themselves to a Trump victory.

Before the attempt, Biden was still polling better against Trump than any other democrat they could anoint, so it was a long shot already. Now Trump's odds have increased even more. If they replace Biden and lose, it is more proof that it is their politics that are disliked. Plus that would likely knock out that candidate from the 2028 election. If they keep Biden they can play off the loss on him alone due to his "sudden onset" dementia.

I admit I am tickled to imagine the meetings going on and BHO seeing there is no way he can get anyone in that can win and he just has to watch the trainwreck unfold over the next 4 months.

Posts: 4912 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4004 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

Breitbart reported that a senior House Democrat has told one of the media sites that his Democrat colleagues in Congress are resigned to the fact they lost. And I read elsewhere that some feel the Republicans will likely gain the Senate and more seats in the House.

After the debate, the Dems were in the depression stage of grief, now they are at beginning of the acceptance stage.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17140 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
I just wish the judge had ruled on the funding aspect.

If she found Smith lacked duly appropriated funding, it would follow Smith would have violated the Anti-Deficiency Act.

As it is, since Smith’s appointment was illegal, he should be required to repay his entire compensation package, as he received it when he was NOT a federal employee.

Well, she did also say that the Appropriations Clause was also violated.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)