SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 ... 1145
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
^^^ I don't know...
So where did he climb on to the roof?

Looks like a shed or a storage locker of some kind and a pile of rocks. He may not have needed a ladder.

Posts: 4916 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by sse:
Here's a cut from the briefing Sunday morning, bunch of goons. The one in uniform is the sheriff, who the SS now states was in charge of security of the adjacent areas of security, which I did not know when I saw this on Sunday.

That sounds like an attempt to pass the buck, if the SS actually made that claim.

No numbnuts, the SS as the main entity is responsible for everything.

That is essentially what I said.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53237 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post

Did not even need the ladder, I looked at streetview and you can see it here there is a loading dock with what appears to be a propane shed for forklifts and chairs right next to the entrance door with a roof. Easy climb on to roof, not visible on this pic but there were also pallets alittle farther down. That ladder might have been used by the police afterwards.

Street view link below you can scan around with it. streetview

Posts: 3773 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
Given that President Trump has stated that he's completely re-written his RNC speech as a result of Saturday's assassination attempt, I wonder if that event may have caused him to also change his pick for Vice President last minute. Interesting to think about. President Trump is thoughtful so I'd suspect he's considered that in the big picture.

Posts: 2342 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sse:
Here's a cut from the briefing Sunday morning, bunch of goons. The one in uniform is the sheriff, who the SS now states was in charge of security of the adjacent areas of security, which I did not know when I saw this on Sunday.

That sounds like an attempt to pass the buck, if the SS actually made that claim.

Sorry if I repeated what you already said. I wasn't calling you numbnuts, but the guy who was misplacing blame on local LE entity.

Posts: 7627 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Mind your manners
"numbnuts" is the bureaucrat who is attempting to pass the buck to the local Sherriff.
Then, you need to be more careful. You need to read it again and maybe you'll see who it looks like you were insulting.

Posts: 109031 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
quote:

And IF the SS, being thin on staff from other reports, assigned this task to local LE and local LE accepted it then they failed miserably to carry it out.

The issue is less "WHO" was responsible than "WHO SHOULD BE" responsible and what things can be delegated outside of SS and what can't. Stands to reason that changes will be made to disallow delegation of any security within a larger perimeter.

Posts: 4916 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Apologies for drifting the thread away from discussion on Saturday's events, but this thread seemed like the right place for the question (rather than starting a fresh one): What happens in Virginia if Trump picks Youngkin as running mate?

Does the Lieutenant Governor step in as Governor at that point? Special election? I admit, I know zip about this process... and that's why I come here to ask the question.

I don't have an answer to that question but just wanted to say that I think Youngkin will be his pick.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30888 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
In a FoxNews article to day:
quote:
Trump, reacting to images of him raising his fist and being surrounded by Secret Service agents in the seconds following the shooting, said, "A lot of people say it’s the most iconic photo they’ve ever seen."
Can you hear them? Can you hear the screaming and anguish coming from the left? Can you hear them chewing off their own limbs? Big Grin

It's textbook Trump. Everything is "the most" and "the greatest" and "the best" or "most perfect." It drives them CRAZY!

Big Grin

Almighty God has a sense of humor, yes He does.

Posts: 109031 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Democrat mayor of Washington city makes stunning claims about Trump assassination attempt

To be clear, Washington state, not near Washington, D.C.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31990 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
quote:

And IF the SS, being thin on staff from other reports, assigned this task to local LE and local LE accepted it then they failed miserably to carry it out.

The issue is less "WHO" was responsible than "WHO SHOULD BE" responsible and what things can be delegated outside of SS and what can't. Stands to reason that changes will be made to disallow delegation of any security within a larger perimeter.

You can delegate Authority, but you cannot delegate Responsibility!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9432 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Trump, reacting to images of him raising his fist and being surrounded by Secret Service agents in the seconds following the shooting, said, "A lot of people say it’s the most iconic photo they’ve ever seen."
Can you hear them? Can you hear the screaming and anguish coming from the left? Can you hear them chewing off their own limbs? Big Grin

It's textbook Trump. Everything is "the most" and "the greatest" and "the best" or "most perfect." It drives them CRAZY!

Big Grin

I'll look around for links, but folks are working on putting that image, with the flag, onto t-shirts. I'm down for two when they hit the street.

Posts: 3384 | Location: Fairfax Co. VA | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
With the absence of verified information still being the most notable aspect of all this, I am left with but these few take-aways:

One way or another, the USSS has to bear the onus for not forestalling the attack attempt. It is clear that they know this and are desperately trying to cover up how poorly they prepared. I note that there must have been quite a lot of radio traffic among and between the USSS and the PSP, and they have disclosed none of it. Probably all encrypted/scrambled or civilian radio monitors would have picked up and recorded it. I think this would shed quite a bit of light on when Crooks was observed, and LE's response. As far as the notion of bringing in private security goes, I see no possibility that the USSS and/or FBI would accept civilian control of the deployments. So we would still have the demonstratively incompetent Govt. agents directing operations.

Remarkable that the crowd did not panic and trample each other. PDJT's quick recovery and assertive demonstration of strength undoubtedly had a lot to do with that, but we have seen incidents in the past where a panicked reaction did far more damage than the attack itself. Spectacular that we were able to see for ourselves just what kind of a man he is, someone we can put our trust in and who can handle situations that would leave most trembling in fear and indecision. PDJT's honest and forthright response stand in sharp contrast to what I can imagine from a typical politician. Imagine if this had happened to FJB...he would have cowered on the ground, twitching in fear, and we would have learned of his relatively minor injury (and major PTSD) days later. Unsurprisingly, the media seems to have overlooked this aspect of the incident.

And as remarkable is how PDJT showed and is showing his class, those who are condemning the shooter for missing are showing their ass. If there isn't a clearer demonstration of the differences in character and respectability between the "right" and the "left," I can't imagine what it could be. These people deserve all the scorn and ridicule that can possibly be directed at them.

Also, one way or another (by admission or at the ballot box), those painting PDJT as a "threat to America," etc. have to own their complicity in this. That leftist politicos and the media have been able to brainwash a substantial portion of our populace is shameful at best. I wonder how long it will take Hollywood to re-imagine Crooks's mental derangement as a natural reaction to "MAGA extremeism."

Finally, with the involvement of the most evil of all firearms, I suspect we will soon be hearing calls for the GCA of 2025. I am not one to make predictions but I'm quite sure that there are anti-gunners who are gleefully rubbing their hands seeing this as an opportunity to ban modern sporting rifles for good.

Posts: 6760 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:

I'll look around for links, but folks are working on putting that image, with the flag, onto t-shirts. I'm down for two when they hit the street.

Already have these Glock baseplates at Milspin.

Posts: 5784 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
It's textbook Trump. Everything is "the most" and "the greatest" and "the best" or "most perfect." It drives them CRAZY! Big Grin

Turned on MSDNC this morning after hearing about the classified docs case dismissal.
The mood of the asshats was more like a funeral than a newscast.
(“News” being used very liberally here)
I haven’t seen any reaction to Trump’s statement on the pic but I bet it’s EPIC! Cool

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3869 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus Dei:

How'd you like to be that SS agent? He's going to be immortalized, too!

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16885 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus Dei:
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:

Yes, that one. That's a partial of the image taken by an AP photographer. It's not quite the same as the flag raising on Mt. Suribachi by the Marines, but for our generation and time will be a rallying call.

Posts: 3384 | Location: Fairfax Co. VA | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Apologies for drifting the thread away from discussion on Saturday's events, but this thread seemed like the right place for the question (rather than starting a fresh one): What happens in Virginia if Trump picks Youngkin as running mate?

Does the Lieutenant Governor step in as Governor at that point? Special election? I admit, I know zip about this process... and that's why I come here to ask the question.

I don't have an answer to that question but just wanted to say that I think Youngkin will be his pick.

Winsome Sears:

Trump certainly is aware of Youngkin’s strengths. At his first rally after debating Biden last month in Chesapeake, Va., Trump lavished praise on Youngkin, with Virginia Public Radio’s headline reporting that “Trump Gushes About Youngkin.”

“I’m honored to be here with your governor,” Trump told the crowd. “He’s got common sense, he’s got great policy. He’s got the policy that made America great.”

As an added bonus, should a Trump-Youngkin ticket win in November, the governorship of Virginia would pass to Lt. Governor Winsome Sears, a 60-year-old African-American superstar in the Republican Party. She would then be able to seek election to the governorship in her own right in November 2025 as an incumbent.

https://www.nationalreview.com...as-his-running-mate/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24576 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Although, signs seem to be pointing elsewhere...

https://x.com/michaeljknowles/.../1812896929791008826

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30888 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I’m thinking Ol’ Civil Rights Joe has managed to make it so we have no black people left, since I’m thinking they ain’t voting for him this time.

Trump declared “officially black.”

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31990 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post