SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 ... 1204
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
These companies no longer have a reason to inflict these mandates on their workers given the current data confirming vaccines do not prevent the spread of Covid. They also have no legal justification anymore, so maybe someone should remind them that an employee who ends up having an adverse reaction to these 'experimental' drugs just might sue the hell out of them. My bet, that approach should turn all but the most spectacularly moronic away from this BS.
You would think that, bigdeal, but apparently you aren't familiar with our CEO's MASSIVE EGO.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11048 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ It's ego and mass psychosis.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30287 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
you aren't familiar with our CEO's MASSIVE EGO.

I think we'll see a lot of this -- Company CEOs went ahead and rolled over quickly to broadcast the Biden mandates down on their employeess ("We give, Big Government! Here's our bellies! We're at your whim!"), and won't dare come to their senses and let up once the mandates are overruled. "It's for our own good; we're all in this together," and statements similar will be tossed around like leaves in the wind.

God bless America.

Posts: 13413 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
quote:
These companies no longer have a reason to inflict these mandates on their workers given the current data confirming vaccines do not prevent the spread of Covid. They also have no legal justification anymore, so maybe someone should remind them that an employee who ends up having an adverse reaction to these 'experimental' drugs just might sue the hell out of them. My bet, that approach should turn all but the most spectacularly moronic away from this BS.
You would think that, bigdeal, but apparently you aren't familiar with our CEO's MASSIVE EGO.
Yeah, I watched a couple interviews with your CEO and he is indeed a monumental ass. However, ego doesn't trump the law, and 'if' a couple of your healthy pilots that were forced to take the vaccine up and die I hope their spouses sue that company out of existence.
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
"It's for our own good; we're all in this together," and statements similar will be tossed around like leaves in the wind.
Yeah, we'll see how that plays out with a jury at some point as a big company like United Airlines sits on one side and the spouse and children of a deceased United Airlines employee sit on the other. All I can say is I hope the inevitable settlements are enormous.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Were it me being forced to take the shot by a employer after the Supreme Court ruling I'd have a attorney draw up a statement of liability to be signed by the company rep assuming any and all liability for any adverse reactions to said vaccine.

It's easy to make decisions for other people when you have no liability in the outcome.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
"It's for our own good; we're all in this together," and statements similar will be tossed around like leaves in the wind.
Yeah, we'll see how that plays out with a jury at some point as a big company like United Airlines sits on one side and the spouse and children of a deceased United Airlines employee sit on the other. All I can say is I hope the inevitable settlements are enormous.

And that's exactly the scenario I hope these CEOs imagine -- very vividly -- before continuing to push this madness on employees.

God bless America.

Posts: 13413 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Were it me being forced to take the shot by a employer after the Supreme Court ruling I'd have a attorney draw up a statement of liability to be signed by the company rep assuming any and all liability for any adverse reactions to said vaccine.

It's easy to make decisions for other people when you have no liability in the outcome.

The problem is, you'll never find a doctor who will admit the vaccine caused the problems. They always attribute them to some other cause.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:

The problem is, you'll never find a doctor who will admit the vaccine caused the problems. They always attribute them to some other cause.

Like Covid? That would be due to the vaccine not working. Still vaccine related. I think the point is how many employers would hesitate when presented with a legal liability document. I'm guessing a lot of them.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
I don't know if anyone here saw it... but there was an unfortunate spat between Alex Berenson and Malone on Laura Ingrams show (Raymond Arroyo guest hosting}.

It kind of reminded me why Sigforum is so great. When we go off topic and start attacking one another Para is quick to shut it down and bring us back on topic.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23931 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
The problem is, you'll never find a doctor who will admit the vaccine caused the problems.

I suspect many of these doctors would: America's Frontline Doctors

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25999 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Lingering effects of Covid-19 infections?

Today I feel unaccountably a bit disoriented, my head feels a bit like it's stuffed with cotton, and my manual dexterity is off.

Both my wife and I have experienced this, on-and-off, since we became infected with the Wu Flu and after we were over with it.

Annoying.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25999 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
I don't know if anyone here saw it... but there was an unfortunate spat between Alex Berenson and Malone on Laura Ingrams show (Raymond Arroyo guest hosting}.
Yep, I saw that and still don't get it. There is no upside I could see in Berensen doing that. To Malone's credit, he pushed back, but rather politely.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
So what was the disagreement about?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30287 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
So what was the disagreement about?
Malone claims to be the creator of mRNA technology and that ivermectin is effective at treating Covid. Berensen challenged both those assertions and not too delicately or respectfully. I just don't see the upside of the challenge as it did nothing to advance the topic they were there to discuss.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just don't see the upside of the challenge as it did nothing to advance the topic they were there to discuss.

I agree. They were both invited to talk about censorship.
https://www.bitchute.com/video/DaNgNhGbe1UP/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23931 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Well, Berensen is a bit of a dork. I appreciate the work he's done in regards to covid, but he's still a giant lib.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Question for all those that had Covid and lost your sense of taste and smell - how long until that returned?

I'm pretty certain I had a bout of omicron on New Year's Day, was fine after a few days but I lost my sense of taste and smell on Jan 4th, 4 days after I first had it and it's not come back yet.

I've had colds where this happened and it was a few days long but now at 10+ days I'm starting to get a little concerned. Frown

As with anything and everything COVID related, it seems to be so individualistic. My wife lost hers on 1/10/2022 after 4 days of symptoms. As of today she is barely getting a very faint smell or taste of things…..very faint though. So far I have not lost taste or smell yet. I got it from her and she had no fever yet I suffered I high fever for days and finally broke it today.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Democrats OK with fines, prison, and mandates for vaccine deniers: Poll

https://www.washingtonexaminer...for-vax-deniers-poll

Nearly two years after former President Donald Trump tossed politics into the nation’s battle against the coronavirus, the partisan divide appears to have grown, with Republicans fighting mandates and Democrats calling for harsh punishments for those who refuse to get vaccinated.

In an expanded survey of the public’s view of mandates and punishments to get people vaccinated, Rasmussen Reports found that Democrats even support fines, home confinement, and prison for those who fight the government on masks and shots.

Over several questions in the survey for the Heartland Institute, the differences in how Republicans and Democrats view the crisis were stark.

Consider: Twenty-nine percent of Democrats would go so far as to support taking children away from parents who refused to be vaccinated.

The first question in the survey set the tone. It asked if likely voters approved of coronavirus czar Dr. Anthony Fauci. Just 21% of Republicans said they view him favorably, compared to 75% of Democrats.

Next came a question on President Joe Biden’s mandate that companies of 100 employees or more should demand workers to get vaccinated. Just 22% of Republicans agreed, while Democrats were all in at 78%.

Asked if voters favor a federal or state fine for those who refuse a vaccine, only 19% of Republicans said “favor” to 55% of Democrats.

Rasmussen next asked if people favor home confinement for those who are not vaccinated. On the GOP side, 79% were opposed, while 59% of Democrats favored it.

The survey also asked about those who challenge the government’s view of vaccines and if opponents should be jailed or fined for questioning it on social media. A remarkable 48% of Democrats supported those punishments.

And nearly half of Democrats favored fixing tracking devices on those who refused to vaccinate.

Rasmussen added that Biden supporters would go even further than Democrats.

“President Biden’s strongest supporters are most likely to endorse the harshest punishments against those who won’t get the COVID-19 vaccine. Among voters who have a Very Favorable impression of Biden, 51% are in favor of government putting the unvaccinated in “designated facilities,” and 54% favor imposing fines or prison sentences on vaccine critics,” said the pollster.

Posts: 12562 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
More evidence of wet-dreaming from the left. They can “support” it all they want, but barring a state making any of these repercussions happen, it’ll never happen at the federal level- not until the rats have a 61% majority in the senate- which I think is about to head in the opposite direction than they want in the midterms.

However, this should be a warning sign that these people are demented and have no problem with a police state against conservatives.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15497 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
“President Biden’s strongest supporters are most likely to endorse the harshest punishments against those who won’t get the COVID-19 vaccine. Among voters who have a Very Favorable impression of Biden, 51% are in favor of government putting the unvaccinated in “designated facilities,” and 54% favor imposing fines or prison sentences on vaccine critics,” said the pollster.

Not surprising. Most of them would support imprisoning anyone who disagrees with them.

Posts: 829 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post