SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 ... 1212
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I’m very sorry to hear about your personal situation. Of course you know I was speaking broadly and that no personal offense was intended.

Propaganda is indeed an effective tool for the masses; it’s political/social marketing. Marketing is intended to appeal to emotions and it’s why it’s so strong when it works.

So first one needs to be aware that propaganda exists. Signs include disparagement of experts in their fields like the inventors of ivermectin and mRNA. These are not kooks.

I hope this all ends soon and ends well for your family despite the propaganda. You must be terribly worried about them.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12826 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I’m very sorry to hear about your personal situation. Of course you know I was speaking broadly and that no personal offense was intended.

Propaganda is indeed an effective tool for the masses; it’s political/social marketing. Marketing is intended to appeal to emotions and it’s why it’s so strong when it works.

So first one needs to be aware that propaganda exists. Signs include disparagement of experts in their fields like the inventors of ivermectin and mRNA. These are not kooks.

I hope this all ends soon and ends well for your family despite the propaganda. You must be terribly worried about them.

Absolutely no offense taken, and thank you for your sympathies. Yes, I worry every single day about my jabbed relatives and friends.

Someone upthread used the term "willful ignorance", and I concur that very many people made the decision to ignore conflicting data. It doesn't absolve them of their defective choices, especially when it results in harm to others. Their kids' illnesses (one of my granddaughters developed seizures after her second jab), economic disasters, social harms, job losses, and many other harms were done.

However, if these people recognize their errors and look for why it happened then I think they are due some forgiveness. That's for regular citizens not the politicians or media types who drove the narrative.

My opinion is that this all started in the very early days simply as a way to knock down President Trump. Had the leftists not gone there, then a more factual discussion could have taken place all along.

Posts: 9555 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here's the thing. She was aware of contradicting data but dismissed it as being much less believable because of the sources. She firstly trusts her doc. Secondly all the high officials with medical/scientific credentials, like Fauci et al. Thirdly the mainstream media which propagandized the hell out of it.

An important tweet from Elon Musk:

https://stevekirsch.substack.c...tter-home-page-today

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24277 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Most excellent

The quote on that page, from RFK Jr's book:
quote:
Dr. Fauci’s strategy for managing the COVID-19 pandemic was to suppress viral spread by mandatory masking, social distancing, quarantining the healthy (also known as lockdowns), while instructing COVID patients to return home and do nothing—receive no treatment whatsoever—until difficulties breathing sent them back to the hospital to submit to intravenous remdesivir and ventilation. This approach to ending an infectious disease contagion had no public health precedent and anemic scientific support. Predictably, it was grossly ineffective; America racked up the world’s highest body counts.

Posts: 108105 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Just when you think Musk has hit the pinnacle with a comment, he finds a way to reach a little higher.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15693 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:
Propaganda is powerful. The media is in bed with the left, who made C19 a political hammer to use against Trump.

It is a failing that parents got their kids jabbed, but they were intentionally manipulated into it.

I am also very sorry for your situation.

I was astounded that my siblings went down the same road, at least initially. I had considered them critical thinkers and not stupid and I couldn’t understand their decisions.

Through what I have learned from SIGforum, I have lost almost all faith in government, the medical profession, and the media (legacy & social). I am convinced that most folks in these groups are lying in support of the narrative. The most benign explanation is that it all started out in good faith, then the folks driving the bus were caught up in all the money and/or had gone too far down this road to admit that they made a mistake. I suspect that the truth is a *whole* lot darker than that.

Given the drumbeat from so many sources and the censorship of anything off message, how is someone who doesn’t have a trusted site like SIGforum supposed to figure out that all these folks that I’ve been taught to trust are lying to me. They’re all singing the same tune and everyone one of the bastards that are supposed to be trustworthy are lying. That is a pretty big leap if one isn’t exposed to reality. Thank goodness and parabellum for SIGforum!

Posts: 6956 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I suspect most of us are in a similar situation regarding family and friends who gulped the Kool-aid. It started seven years ago, but the past three years especially have been the most divisive I've seen. Families and friendships severed over pure politics and propaganda.

My sister went off the deep end over Covid. She had her first child back in June, and said my mother could not even come to visit unless she was fully "vaccinated and boosted" because "the virus is evolving." I don't think it would surprise anyone here that it really bothered me. My mother was in tears on the phone with me. She's pretty solidly in our camp on this being a giant experiment at best, and an engineered extinction event at worst, and she had to choose between allowing them to put that stuff in her or never see her second grandchild. To say I have some very strong feelings about her being put in that situation, and then deciding to go ahead and go through with it goes without saying. I've had to force myself to want to keep up with my sister since all this. This was on top of her flatly refusing to come up to the family house and help deal with the aftermath of my father drowning himself in the bathtub, and then insisting we weigh out a third of his ashes to give her, then wanting us to deliver them to the front porch of her house for her to collect once we left. This, while we were on the way to the airport to wait seven hours for our flight back. I told her she could come to the hotel we were staying at for the night and collect him, and if she didn't want to do that, I'd scatter what was left of his ashes out behind the hotel dumpster - "I'm not offering contactless delivery for human remains." She showed up double-masked and madder than a wet hen.

I haven't asked and I don't know how strict her requirements still are, but it has gone from being something she brought up often to being something she does not mention. I haven't met my only nephew, and if my sister thinks I'm going to take the mystery syrum to be able to see him, then that's her decision to sever that family connection. My son hasn't met his only cousin and may never, because he isn't getting injected with that shit, either. Has he had Covid? Bet your ass! Twice that we know of! Once, he never showed or felt any symptoms, and the other, he complained of a sore throat one night and felt great the next day. Kid's got a robust immune system.

Posts: 17340 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
My mom isn’t a kool aid drinker but her and all her friends got one shot and one boost. They’ve all seen the light and honestly at 75 and older, there’s no way to know what the real cause of death could be when they all start to go. My wife is over 40 so hopefully she doesn’t get the sudden cardiac issues that the younger people are seeing. I’m still terrified that I’ll come home one day to find her dead for no reason. If you see a news story about a guy that went off the deep end after the sudden unexplained death of his wife in VA, there a decent chance it’s me. Mad

Posts: 13777 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
The Tampa Bay Times just won Coffee & Covid’s Funniest Headline of 2022 award, for its December 8th story headlined “ More Deaths Among Vaccinated Americans Not a Reason to Avoid Vaccines, Experts Say. ” Haha, experts! Good one. The sub-headline — and I am not making this up — said, “It actually underscores the importance of staying up-to-date on boosters.”

Comedy gold! I didn’t even have to wait out the rest of the month. Nothing could possibly top that headline/subheadline duo.

The story refers to the latest CDC numbers which, despite the overfunded agency’s best efforts to camouflage, obfuscate, and deceive, are finally showing that covid is killing more jabbed people than unjabbed people. You might recall a recent Washington Post headline about the story that we discussed a couple weeks ago: “Covid is no longer mainly a pandemic of the unvaccinated. Here’s why.”

As a reminder, WaPo hired the Kaiser Foundation, which found that, as of August 2022, 58% of total deaths from covid-19 were vaccinated people compared with only 42% of unvaccinated people.

If you ask the Ethical Skeptic, the now-unobscurable bump in virus-related death figures was caused by the CDC quietly re-directing mushrooming cancer and cardiac deaths into the covid death category. In other words, Skeptic would say the CDC decided the best way to prop up the jabs was to recharacterize the spiking numbers of jab injury fatalities as covid-related deaths.

Either way, the new numbers left the white-coated propagandists in a narrative pickle. They had to come up with a way to explain this awkward development to the credulous fools who trusted them and got the shots, believing the shots would completely protect them from serious disease and death. In other words, believing exactly what they were told.

The experts have decided to brash their way through.

“The truth is we always knew we would see a growing proportion of vaccinated individuals among our COVID admissions,” bragged Dr. Shira Doron, an infectious disease doc and resident Tufts epidemiologist. Bwahahahahahaha! Either Dr. Moron — sorry, I mean Dr. Doron — either she just gave away a gigantic secret they’ve been keeping from everybody until JUST NOW, or they’re just making stuff up as they go along at this point.

“We always knew the vaccine wouldn’t stop the transmission!”
(That’s why we told you it WOULD stop the transmission.)

“We always knew the vaccinated would die in larger numbers!”
(That’s why we told you if you took the shot, you WOULDN’T die.)

“Nothing surprises us! Nothing! Science is omniscient! And godlike! Worship us!”

Fortunately the article did find a culprit, something tangible on which to blame the vaccinated deaths. I’ll give you one guess what it was. That’s right! They blamed the vaccinated covid deaths on THE VACCINATED. Folks aren’t boosting fast enough. So it’s THEIR OWN FAULT. And worse, it’s embarrassing the experts.

I would mock the people who read the Tampa Bay Times except that, based on the pathetic booster uptake numbers, even those poor, deluded folks aren’t buying the experts’ bat guano anymore. At this point, the experts are essentially just talking to themselves, like straightjacketed 19th century asylum lunatics maniacally babbling after their 203rd electroshock treatment.

https://www.coffeeandcovid.com...rue&utm_medium=email

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24277 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
So basically, as of now, more “vaccinated” people are dying of Covid than those that abstained from believing the constant lies of first near 100% efficacy…then95%…then 90%…then…(cycle repeats until efficacy drops into the 20% range after a few short months).

And that’s just from the virus that the “vaccines” were supposed to protect against. I can guarantee the “vaccinated” are dying from something we untainted will NEVER die from… adverse effects of the “vaccines” themselves. And we have only seen the tip of the iceberg on that one.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15693 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I still maintain to this day that NONE of these elites; Biden, Pelosi, Fauchi etc etc ever got the Covid shot that was forced on everyone else. It was either something else developed for them or just an outright placebo.

Have you noticed that there are no government people dropping dead like the general population is seeing now?

I told my daughter when the shots were first coming out that I wouldn't believe FJB got the shot if I'd have administered it myself.

Posts: 7518 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
It was either something else developed for them or just an outright placebo.

Have you noticed that there are no government people dropping dead like the general population is seeing now?

There is no question that all batches of this "vaccine" are not equal. Some lots have very high death rates shortly thereafter, some do not.

My wife was among the first "vaccinated" because she worked in a hospital that got it first. That was in January, 2021. She had no side-effects, either immediately or thereafter, as far as we can tell at this point. She has not, and will not, take a "booster".

My mother, on the other hand, was definitely harmed by the "vaccine". It wasn't at the same time or the same batch.

-rduckwor

I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
FFS, I thought this was over a year ago? Why is this thread still active, and why are +/-10% of people back in masks?

Here in Arizona, at least where I live, you see very few people in masks. Maybe 1% or less.

However, I just got back from vacationing in Hawaii and there were a bunch of people in the Airports in Hawaii in masks a well as quite a few in the general population in Hawaii.

I have no idea why.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
So basically, as of now, more “vaccinated” people are dying of Covid than those that abstained from believing the constant lies of first near 100% efficacy…then95%…then 90%…then…(cycle repeats until efficacy drops into the 20% range after a few short months).

I heard this morning on local radio during an advertisement for the fake vaccine that "you should ask your doctor about getting an updated vaccine shot if it's been two months since your last shot." Two fucking months. So people are now expected to take this poison six times a year for the rest of their lives. It's simply preposterous that anyone still takes this shot or anybody pushing it seriously.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30558 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I heard this morning on local radio during an advertisement for the fake vaccine that "you should ask your doctor about getting an updated vaccine shot if it's been two months since your last shot."

You've touched on something that has really been bothering me lately. We are bombarded with this advertising on both radio and TV, and we who resist are also forced to pay for it:

The Biden administration is launching a new ad campaign to promote the updated bivalent COVID-19 vaccines, in hopes of accelerating a booster campaign that has begun to stall nationwide.

“It’s a new day, because COVID vaccines just got a big update,” a narrator says at the start of one of the spots, titled “Just in Time.” 

Federal health authorities have shelled out to air the ads on television, starting with commercial breaks during the ABC shows “Good Morning America” and “Jimmy Kimmel Live.” A radio spot on the “Big Update” will also air starting October 17. 

A spokesperson for the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) did not respond to a request for comment on how much the television spots would cost. Dr. Cameron Webb, a White House COVID-19 official, said HHS had been able to “shuffle around some dollars” to put together a campaign for the fall.

https://wtop.com/coronavirus/2...e-to-covid-vaccines/

-rduckwor

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
FFS, I thought this was over a year ago? Why is this thread still active, and why are +/-10% of people back in masks?

Here in Arizona, at least where I live, you see very few people in masks. Maybe 1% or less.

However, I just got back from vacationing in Hawaii and there were a bunch of people in the Airports in Hawaii in masks a well as quite a few in the general population in Hawaii.

I have no idea why.

Actually, it's fairly simple...Generally, the more Leftists/Democrats/Biden Voters you encounter, the more masks you see. There were always clues, but sometimes you had to look for the bumper stickers on their car for confirmation. At least they're easy to spot now, especially if they're wearing a mask IN their car!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9066 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Mississippi State head football coach Mike Leach, 61, collapsed at his home in Starkville on Sunday from a “massive heart attack.” The Clarion Ledger reported that, according to sources, Leach “may have suffered seizures with the possibility of brain damage.”

The latest unofficial reports say Leach is now under hospice care.

Back on October 28th, 2021, Miss. U. published a statement saying, “Employees at public universities in Mississippi are now required to receive COVID-19 vaccinations by late November following a 9-3 vote during a special meeting of the Mississippi Institutions on Higher Learning Board of Trustees.”

Reports say Leach had until December 8th, 2021, to get vaccinated or be fired. I mean, Leach had until December 8th to roll the dice with his life or be fired.

https://www.coffeeandcovid.com...ack&utm_medium=email

-rduckwor

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^^ He's now dead.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30558 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
My apologies if this has been posted before.

Former Ole Miss football player Luke Knox, brother of Bills TE Dawson Knox, has died at 22
Published: Aug. 18, 2022

https://www.usatoday.com/story...bituary/10356252002/

Miss. State football player Sam Westmoreland dies at 19
Published: Oct. 19, 2022 at 3:06 PM CDT

https://www.wlox.com/2022/10/1...ball-player-dies-19/

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4838 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Got anything more to go on re: the 'seemingly untimely' deaths of those athletes. We could speculate, and are basically left to do so, as the linked articles are short on everything, including facts. They don't even mention 'died suddenly'...

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9066 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post