SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
We've already paid for those kits. Leaving them sitting in a warehouse does nothing.

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
Like it or not, you are paying for 4-free COVID test kits for every household.

Orders can now be placed here:
4 - Free COVID test kits.
Are they fully "at home" test kits? As in it shows you results right then and there?

Or do you need to swab yourself and then send it in to a "lab" for results?

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Ordered mine, daughters, dads, what the heck we paid for them. Might as well get them before someone makes up a shitton of fake names and has them shipped so they can sell them on the web overseas for profits.

Posts: 23400 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Another estimated $4 billion dollars.

"The President committed to another 500 million just yesterday for a billion," the official said. "And we’re not saying we’re stopping there. And we’re going to keep — keep moving forward to expand testing so that Americans have it both now and moving into the future."
Link

Debt per Citizen = $89,667
Debt per Taxpayer = $238,534

We are way past being able to stop this clock.
US Debt Clock

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

Great...this will do wonders for all the hypochondriacs and Covid Karens out there testing themselves numerous times a day. Roll Eyes

And look at the UK; all their "free" tests they handed out? You were required BY LAW to report the results of them TO THE GOVERNMENT either way they came out.

Fuck that noise.

Posts: 33773 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kx90:
quote:

Are they fully "at home" test kits? As in it shows you results right then and there?

Or do you need to swab yourself and then send it in to a "lab" for results?
Pretty sure these are the version that indicates results in 15 minutes, and works similar to an at home pregnancy test, with 2 lines...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
The wife and I have paid 477,068 dollars for this stuff. I want my fuckin' kit.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm not going to play a part in giving the Dems the satisfaction of claiming a smashing success of their free test rollout and then give them an excuse to do it again in a few months.

I don't even see the point. My goodness, testing at home to see if your have a cold. Ridiculous.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Terrific. We've got you down in the "no" column.

Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

Great...this will do wonders for all the hypochondriacs and Covid Karens out there testing themselves numerous times a day. Roll Eyes

And look at the UK; all their "free" tests they handed out? You were required BY LAW to report the results of them TO THE GOVERNMENT either way they came out.

Fuck that noise.
How will they track if we use them or not?

If you need to get a test for work or travel, do they not report the results to the .gov?

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
I have trouble believing this will be a success for the Democrats.

Will they be able to meet the demand for these free test kits?

I think not.
My guess is this will just be more egg on their face.

Providing free kits based on need was way outside there realm of thinking.
Millions of kits will go to waste, no stoping that.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
Not to mention that *anyplace* I've seen that requires a negative test for travel/entry/goods/service is specifically requiring a "third party" test result--stating specifically that home test results will not be accepted.

Posts: 2933 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have trouble believing this will be a success for the Democrats.

Will they be able to meet the demand for these free test kits?

I think not.
My guess is this will just be more egg on their face.

See, now you're confusing Balze on best course of action! Razz

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12406 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post

How can this be? Aren't these kits retail $24? Or maybe even $50? But these are retail prices. If we get four, that should be $200 max including shipping.

How does this get to cost of more than $1000 per person, let alone 5 or 6 figures?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These immediate results home tests are NOT valid for overseas, you need hard copy or digital results and different countries have different requirements. We visited Iceland back in Aug and learned a lot about covid testing.

More on testing for travel:

Americans can get free at-home COVID-19 tests soon — but they won’t work for travel
Caroline Tanner
4d ago

Although Americans will have access to order free at-home rapid COVID-19 tests thanks to the recent purchase of 500 million tests by the Biden administration, they won’t be helpful with travel...

Complete article:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/...ution-at-home-tests/

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
48 bucks, 480,000 bucks, whatever. I want my kit.

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:

I've already got Qty. 6 COVID Test kits at my house that I've had since mid-December. I guess New Hampshire was out front on this and determined that they ought to get the tests in peoples hands BEFORE the peak 'seasonal flu season' hit so we'd already have them when/if needed. NH rolled out the COVID Home Testing program providing Qty. 8 test kits to each household at the end of November.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8867 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
These kits consist of what?

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Another estimated $4 billion dollars.

"The President committed to another 500 million just yesterday for a billion," the official said. "And we’re not saying we’re stopping there. And we’re going to keep — keep moving forward to expand testing so that Americans have it both now and moving into the future."

We are way past being able to stop this clock.

Yep... you're right. And there's not a damn thing we can do about it. Debt/deficits have become a way of life for the US Congress. If I had a choice, we would have a balanced budget, every year. But even though I vote for conservatives it hasn't made a hill of beans worth of difference. They just keep on spending money we don't have.

Take the "free" test, don't take the test: Your choice.
Take the "free" "vaccine", don't take the "vaccine": Your choice.

Just end the mandates.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24071 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Are these "rapid, home test" kits actually just a swab and then we need to send the swab to a lab for analysis? Or are these test kits like BinaxNow kits that produce the 'pregnancy kit' like results in 30 minutes?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post