SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 ... 1204
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Too much to copy and paste

Covid Cases Drop 20% in Africa Despite Under 8% Total Vaccination Doses, Latest WHO Records Show

https://newsrescue.com/covid-c...st-who-records-show/

Why’s COVID Sparing Africa? Japanese Scientists Attempt to Answer World’s Trickiest Medical Puzzle

https://newsrescue.com/whys-co...iest-medical-puzzle/

Posts: 12562 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
What is the situation if you are vaxxed and have a family member contract the virus. Does tha vaxxed family member need to quarantine per the cdc. We have a situation locally and the employer say's no.
That is not how I believe it works. The vaxxed can transmit it correct, if under the same roof.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19104 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.cdc.gov/coronaviru...inated-guidance.html

The vaccinated person would need to get tested in 3-5 days, wear a mask indoors for 14 days and monitor symptoms.

Posts: 2156 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Massachusetts Activates National Guard To Bus School Children After Vax Mandate Staffing Shortages

https://www.zerohedge.com/covi...vax-mandate-staffing

Amid fresh national, state and local vaccine mandates being driven forward by the Biden administration, schools and public services have clearly been most immediately hit by personnel shortages as a large chunk of the population remains 'vaccine hesitant' - or refuses to be forced into a mandated Covid vaccine, or perhaps are also already immune through a prior infection. Other staff are said to fear catching coronavirus from the largely unvaccinated student population.

States like Massachusetts are now struggling with public school staffing shortages to the point that children literally can no longer take the bus to school as there aren't enough drivers. The large school district of Boston, for example, admitted at the start of the school year that the vaccine requirement would inevitably result in drivers staying home. "City leaders say part of the reason for the shortage in Boston is that some drivers are not vaccinated, which is a requirement," a local report underscored.

Now the state is having to take drastic action and even greater intervention in the crisis, with Republican Governor Charlie Baker on Monday activating the Massachusetts National Guard in order to get school transportation up and running.

An official statement from Gov. Baker's office said "The Governor’s order makes up to 250 personnel available. Beginning with training on Tuesday, 90 Guard members will prepare for service in Chelsea, Lawrence, Lowell, and Lynn."

And further it said "These Guard personnel will be available to serve as drivers of school transport vans known as 7D vehicles to address staffing shortages in certain districts." The 7D vehicles have been described as smaller than regular yellow school buses.

Baker sought to assure communities that "The Guard has a proven track record of success supporting civilian authorities. Their frequent side-by-side training with state and local first responders makes them well-suited for a variety of missions."

Of course, the obvious question is whether uniformed national guardsmen might have bigger duties to be prepared for, such as defending the country and responding to state and national emergencies. The governor sought to address this, saying "The mission will not interfere with the Massachusetts National Guard’s ability to respond to and assist in emergencies within the Commonwealth."

According to Axios, many school districts across the country are experiencing such transportation staffing shortages as vaccine mandates went into effect: "Schools across the country are experiencing a shortage of bus drivers, which has worsened during the coronavirus pandemic." Axios highlighted further that "More than 80% of school districts reported having issued finding an adequate number of drivers."

Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Re: the Alaska sob story

Are we STILL putting Covid patients on ventilators?

I thought that practice was discontinued a long time back as it was doing more harm than good?

Yes we are, it's the last resort after nothing else has worked.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
quote:

I thought that practice was discontinued a long time back as it was doing more harm than good?

What's the mortality rate with that treatment? From what I've read, most people are coming off the ventilator and into a rubber bag.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Early use of monoclonal antibodies?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23932 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Life Has Not Improved By As Much As We Hoped" - Singapore Outbreak Worsens With 80% Vaccinated

https://www.zerohedge.com/covi...orsens-80-vaccinated

Singapore has just reached a level of vaccination penetration that many other developed economies would envy: 80% of its adult population has been vaccinated. And yet, it continues to struggle with one of the worst outbreaks yet. On Sunday, the nation of 5.7 million people reported 555 new local COVID-19 cases, the most since August 2020. One day prior, Singapore recorded its 58th COVID death, a partially vaccinated 80-year-old man with a history of diabetes, hypertension and heart problems.

Rather than lowering restrictions, Singapore's Ministry of Health last week banned social gatherings at workplaces, allegedly because clusters of workers gossiping around the water cooler led to an outbreak. And in their free time, Singaporeans have been asked to attend one social gathering per day, tops.

Despite Singapore being one of the world's most heavily vaxxed countries, not much about life has changed for the worst of the COVID pandemic. Alex Cook, an infectious diseases modelling expert at the National University of Singapore, acknowledged that life had not improved "by as much as we might have hoped," despite Singapore being one of the world's most vaccinated countries.

A curious thing has happened since Singapore hit 80%, Cook reminds us: "The community cases have actually gone up since reaching 80 per cent coverage, in part because we're allowing more social events for those who are vaccinated and, I dare say, more fatigue at the control measures," Cook told the ABC.

And the outlook isn't exactly positive: Gan Kim Yong, co-chair of the multi-ministry task force, said the "worrying" spike in infections would "probably get to 2,000 new cases a day," describing the next two to four weeks as "crucial."

It's a lesson that's not unique to Singapore; "One main lesson from across South-East Asia is that it is incredibly hard to prevent Delta's spread and, as Singapore shows, even high vaccination rates will not help that much," Cook added.

While they're mostly symptomatic, Singapore is still finding a lot of breakthrough infections among the vaccinated. At this point, it's only the latest piece of evidence to suggest that even the revised official efficacy rate of the Pfizer jab just isn't realistic when we look at the case numbers.

Another scientist said the continued spread is merely a sign that 80% vaccinated is still "too low for delta". Leong Hoe Nam, an infectious diseases expert from Singapore's Rophi Clinic, said the Delta strain had moved the goalposts, in terms of what level of community vaccination was necessary.

But looking at recent waves of COVID infections in the US, Europe and in Asia, it's starting to look like that virus simply adapts so quickly, vaccines just aren't effective enough. Maybe natural immunity is the better rout after all.

Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
People, mostly vaccinated that are scared to catch COVID are causing this hysteria. If you are relatively healthy and have had COVID or had the jab the chances of you dying are almost zero. Could you get sick, sure. Since when has the threat of getting sick caused this much chaos. It’s lunacy.

JC

Posts: 1267 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
quote:

What's the mortality rate with that treatment? From what I've read, most people are coming off the ventilator and into a rubber bag.

It's about 50%. Like I said, it is the last resort when everything else has failed.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's about 50%. Like I said, it is the last resort when everything else has failed.

Everything else except Ivermectin or Hydroxycloraquine I am assuming is what you mean?

Posts: 814 | Registered: February 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I was listening to CNN on the way in to work this morning. They had the HHS Sec. on and asked him about this natural immunity exemption for healthcare workers. He said they were skirting the rules. Asshole

Spectrum Health giving employees waivers to vaccination requirement with proof of natural immunity

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Spectrum Health will allow employees to be exempt from its vaccination mandate if natural immunity to COVID-19 can be proven.

The medical organization tells FOX 17 the decision came after a recommendation by its medical exemption committee.

To prove natural immunity, an employee must have a positive PCR or antigen test for COVID-19 from a lab certified under the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988, plus a positive anitbody test. Both results must be from within the past 3 months.

https://www.fox17online.com/ne...-of-natural-immunity

Posts: 5293 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Related, have the antibody tests become more reliable?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38583 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Related, have the antibody tests become more reliable?

IDK. But... the American Red Cross used to do antibody tests and provide the results to blood donors. I don't know if they still do antibody tests, but they no longer make the results available to blood donors.

Why not? I can only assume that they were leaned on by big .gov and big pharma and the vax pushers. People were saying: "I've got the antibodies, I don't need the vax". So they stopped providing the information.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 23932 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Starting today, I want you guys to cease using the term "vax". The word is "vaccine" and this is how we are going to refer to the mystery juice they call a vaccine.

I can make "vax" a trigger word, so that if it appears in a post, that post will not reach the board, but I'm relying on you guys to just refrain from using it. The problem is, many news items which appear in the forum contain "vax" and this means those items would get caught in the moderation queue. You can see this in the National Guard story posted by wcb on the previous page of this thread.

No more vax, no more anti-vax, please.

Posts: 107237 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Starting today, I want you guys to cease using the term "vax". The word is "vaccine" and this is how we are going to refer to the mystery juice they call a vaccine.

Well, OK, you're the boss so I won't use the term "vax" on this forum. I have used it not so much as shorthand for "vaccine" but as a quick and easy and somewhat derogatory description of this "experimental gene therapy".
But I won't call the mystery juice a vaccine either. They changed the definition of the word vaccine to try to call it a vaccine, but it's not a vaccine. The term "mystery juice" is more accurate.

-rduckwor

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1: They changed the definition of the word vaccine to try to call it a vaccine, but it's not a vaccine. The term "mystery juice" is more accurate.

IMO: It really depends on what they find with the third dose boosters in Israel. If it takes that third dose to get to the point where it prevents infection/transmission for at least several years, I'm OK with the term. If it turns out to be a semi-annual dose to keep you out of the hospital, it's more like a medium-term prophylactic treatment. We'll see.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^
What they have created does not meet the definition of “vaccine”. At least the REAL definition before the assholes changed it.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15497 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Again, what I find most disheartening is that little to no attention by government, the media, and the medical profession, is being geared toward preventatives (i.e. Zinc, Vitamin D, Z-pak, Ivermectin, Hydroxychloroquine, etc.) and early treatment (i.e. Monoclonal antibodies). The running BS is simply to get vaccinated and then show up at the ER if you do get severely sick, at which point you're already a long way down the road to a very bad outcome. And then there's the complete unwillingness by those same groups to embrace natural immunity as at least a partial solution to the overall problem. I can't think of another virus or disease in my lifetime we've approached in this way, and from everything I've read and researched, this particular virus is not unique enough to justify this one off treatment approach.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
^^^
What they have created does not meet the definition of “vaccine”. At least the REAL definition before the assholes changed it.

It might. Many of the traditional vaccines require 3-4 doses over the course of months to years for full effect. At this point, I'd say we're pretty sure the 2 dose mRNA isn't going to get there.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post