SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
It's been mentioned more than once in this thread - but now it's openly mentioned how hospitalizations due to Covid were greatly exaggerated. Up to 50% of the records studied showed that patients were admitted for other reasons, but when tested, popped positive and were reported as being hospitalized due to Covid - despite being asymptomatic or having mild symptoms. There ought to be a law...oh wait - isn't that fraud, since they get paid more for Covid patients?

Our Most Reliable Pandemic Number Is Losing Meaning
A new study suggests that almost half of those hospitalized with COVID-19 have mild or asymptomatic cases.

Our Most Reliable Pandemic Number is Losing Meaning.

Does anyone want to tell Mr Zweig that it's not the most reliable if it is inaccurate?

Here's some paragraphs:

If you want to make sense of the number of COVID hospitalizations at any given time, you need to know how sick each patient actually is. Until now, that’s been almost impossible to suss out. The federal government requires hospitals to report every patient who tests positive for COVID, yet the overall tallies of COVID hospitalizations, made available on various state and federal dashboards and widely reported on by the media, do not differentiate based on severity of illness. Some patients need extensive medical intervention, such as getting intubated. Others require supplemental oxygen or administration of the steroid dexamethasone. But there are many COVID patients in the hospital with fairly mild symptoms, too, who have been admitted for further observation on account of their comorbidities, or because they reported feeling short of breath. Another portion of the patients in this tally are in the hospital for something unrelated to COVID, and discovered that they were infected only because they were tested upon admission. How many patients fall into each category has been a topic of much speculation. In August, researchers from Harvard Medical School, Tufts Medical Center, and the Veterans Affairs Healthcare System decided to find out.

Researchers have tried to get at similar questions before. For two separate studies published in May, doctors in California read through several hundred charts of pediatric patients, one by one, to figure out why, exactly, each COVID-positive child had been admitted to the hospital. Did they need treatment for COVID, or was there some other reason for admission, like cancer treatment or a psychiatric episode, and the COVID diagnosis was merely incidental? According to the researchers, 40 to 45 percent of the hospitalizations that they examined were for patients in the latter group.

The authors of the paper out this week took a different tack to answer a similar question, this time for adults. Instead of meticulously looking at why a few hundred patients were admitted to a pair of hospitals, they analyzed the electronic records for nearly 50,000 COVID hospital admissions at the more than 100 VA hospitals across the country. Then they checked to see whether each patient required supplemental oxygen or had a blood oxygen level below 94 percent. (The latter criterion is based on the National Institutes of Health definition of “severe COVID.”) If either of these conditions was met, the authors classified that patient as having moderate to severe disease; otherwise, the case was considered mild or asymptomatic.

The study found that from March 2020 through early January 2021—before vaccination was widespread, and before the Delta variant had arrived—the proportion of patients with mild or asymptomatic disease was 36 percent. From mid-January through the end of June 2021, however, that number rose to 48 percent. In other words, the study suggests that roughly half of all the hospitalized patients showing up on COVID-data dashboards in 2021 may have been admitted for another reason entirely, or had only a mild presentation of disease.

Posts: 256 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: December 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
My elderly mothers doc strong armed her to get an early booster shot on Sat. She is not doing well after receiving it. I hope she is not another casualty. Mad

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19710 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Greenlight for Ivermectin in Japan

Posted on 25 Days Ago by Ron Clutz

787-1-shutterstock_1709837872_1

Article at gnews reports on announcement by Dr. Ozaki, chairman of the Tokyo Metropolitan Medical Association Greenlight for Ivermectin in Japan. Excerpts in italics with my bolds.

Since Tokyo summer Olympic Game ended on August 8, 2021, the urgent status of the pandemic as Japan is now in its worst surge of the COVID-19 pandemic since the onset of the crisis in such a megacity of 14 million. Most recently, a record number of new cases were reported at 20,140 on August 14. Deaths aren’t as high as successive waves of the pandemic from February 2021 to the end of May, but nerves are frayed with record numbers of infections. Dr. Ozaki, The chairman of the Tokyo Metropolitan Medical Association, recently led an emergency press conference on August 13, Dr. Haruo Ozaki shared those 18,000 new infections are reported daily. However, the death count has eased as compared to previous surges.

How to deal with the current dilemma is a huge challenge to Japanese government and medical agencies? Fortunately, India has an excellent testimonial. Since April 28, India medical officials started providing Hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin to its massive population. As India is the major pharmaceutical manufacture in the world, they were ready for this massive drug distribution. Miraculously, COVID cases have plummeted quickly since then thanks to the new rules.

786-2-1

Much like what was successfully accomplished in India, parts of Bangladesh, and places like Argentina and Mexico,
Chairman Ozaki calls for the immediate use of ivermectin as cases surge in Japan.

Dr. Ozaki declared that ivermectin has demonstrated significant benefits in reducing infections and deaths where the regimen is prophylactically administered for another indication. With the encouraging medical data from ivermectin clinical trials’ reports worldwide, especially the one from FLCCC of US and BIRD of UK, the head of the Metropolitan Medical Association declared that while clinical trials were important, it was time to greenlight doctors to prescribe ivermectin in association with giving the patient informed consent.

Finally, greenlight for Ivermectin is on in the first developing country since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, giving hope to all countries and regions. Perhaps this time because Japan did not have the big Pharma entering the COVID vaccine market, the government did not get much pressure. So the Japanese government’s anti-epidemic policy basically reflects a normal democratic regime should do, that is, to protect the health of the people. Expect the miracle of ivermectin in India to happen again.

pillars-needed-missing

Protocols with HCQ or Ivermectin plus nutritional supplements fill the need for early home treatment.

Footnote: Many people are confused about the fact that IVM has long been approved for human use,

The FDA approval is here The issue is that the list of infections does not include Covid19.

The same thing is true for HCQ:

Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine are both FDA-approved to treat or prevent malaria. Hydroxychloroquine is also approved to treat autoimmune conditions such as chronic discoid lupus erythematosus, systemic lupus erythematosus in adults, and rheumatoid arthritis. Both drugs have been prescribed for years to help patients with these debilitating, or even deadly, diseases, and FDA has determined that these drugs are safe and effective when used for these diseases in accordance with their FDA-approved labeling. Of note, FDA approved products may be prescribed by physicians for off-label uses if they determine it is appropriate for treating their patients, including during COVID.

Source: FDA NEWS RELEASE

https://rclutz.com/2021/08/19/...ivermectin-in-japan/

Posts: 11894 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
We are not a serious society anymore.

(Best reply to this I saw was "She'll get the Spanish Flute if she's not careful" Smile )

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
so he is mandating shots for everyone but Congress is exempt...

I think Congress and all of the staffers should have their own special vaccine

Exempt, just like barrycare.

Saw what you did there and could not agree more!

Posts: 4918 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
COVID Data, Facts Not Fear

We know that much of the raw data underlying the CDC statistics are inflated by the way the data is collected and manipulated by the hospitals and healthcare system. However, that said, if we just accept the raw CDC data and evaluate what they are collecting as a way to estimate the risks….here’s the outcome.

♦ Facts as of 9/4/21:

TOTAL CASES (US): 40,048,255
TOTAL DEATHS (US): 643,858

♦ DEATHS BY AGE:

50-64 years: 106,674 (.27% of total cases)
65-74 years: 144,020 (.36% of total cases)
75-84 years: 173,655 (.43% of total cases)
85+ years: 185,188 (.46% of total cases)

♦ TOTAL DEATHS account for 1.6% of total cases.

78.1% of TOTAL DEATHS are over the age of 65.
94.7% of TOTAL DEATHS are over the age of 50.
6% of TOTAL DEATHS are attributed to Covid only.
94% of TOTAL DEATHS have an average of 2.9 co-morbidities (12/6/20).

Why is COVID-19 being disproportionately hyped as such a dangerous threat, when the reality of the statistical danger is much less than the intense level of hype? That is the key question.

https://theconservativetreehou...ot-fear/#more-216836

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24583 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oregon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
Greenlight for Ivermectin in Japan

If you go back through the source documents for that article, you will find that Dr. Ozaki does not hold a job in government and cannot make policy. He just suggests that Ivermectin be allowed for off label use.

"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"
-Dr. Thaddeus Venture

Posts: 6107 | Location: PDX | Registered: May 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oregon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
We are not a serious society anymore.

(Best reply to this I saw was "She'll get the Spanish Flute if she's not careful" Smile )

My kids' school was doing something like this for band. Roll Eyes Now they just play outside.

Ludicrous. I don't care if you're for or against masks, ANYONE should be able to identify this as ineffective half-assery.

"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"
-Dr. Thaddeus Venture

Posts: 6107 | Location: PDX | Registered: May 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The kids in school right now- they may live another eighty years or more. They will be the ones who can look back at all of this nonsense and say "I was there. I know what happened and what people went through, and all of it was was wrong."

I wish I could be there when we as a society can be honest finally about this tragic period, but I'll be long gone. It will take two, three generations, perhaps more. All of this will have to be viewed through the prism of history. Most of those who are responsible for this BS will go to their grave thinking they did us a favor by trying to save us with their incessant meddling and rules, even though many of us were too stupid to appreciate their fascistic compassion.

Posts: 109053 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The "flute mask" is pretty epic. Beyond being useless, I wonder if an aero-biologic analysis may actually show her exhaled air being directed in a higher velocity stream toward her fellow band members. It may be worse than useless.

Posts: 9023 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Not everyone in Australia is happy about their retarded government. Too bad the crowd isn’t a thousand times larger but at least some of them are sick of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21221 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The kids in school right now- they may live another eighty years or more. They will be the ones who can look back at all of this nonsense and say "I was there. I know what happened and what people went through, and all of it was was wrong."

I wish I could be there when we as a society can be honest finally about this tragic period, but I'll be long gone. It will take two, three generations, perhaps more. All of this will have to be viewed through the prism of history. Most of those who are responsible for this BS will go to their grave thinking they did us a favor by trying to save us with their incessant meddling and rules, even though many of us were too stupid to appreciate their fascistic compassion.

Great perspective! Thank you.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39230 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Study Shows Vaccine Will ENHANCE Delta Infectivity

• A group of Japanese researchers released research showing that the SARS-CoV-2 Delta variant “is poised to acquire complete resistance” to existing COVID-19 jabs
  • When four common mutations were introduced to the Delta variant, Pfizer’s mRNA injection enhanced its infectivity, causing it to become resistant
  • A Delta variant with three mutations has already emerged, which suggests it’s only a matter of time before a fourth mutation develops, at which point complete resistance to Pfizer’s jab may be imminent
  • A number of experts have raised concerns that COVID-19 jabs and the mass vaccination program could worsen the pandemic by triggering the development of new variants, via a concept known as antigenic, or immune, escape
  • Another study found that a worst-case scenario can develop when a large percentage of a population is vaccinated but viral transmission remains high, driving the development of resistant strains

COVID-19 jabs continue to be pushed as the only solution to the pandemic, even as “breakthrough” infections increasingly occur. A group of Japanese researchers has also released research showing that the SARS-CoV-2 Delta variant “is poised to acquire complete resistance” to existing COVID-19 jabs like Pfizer and BioNTech’s BNT162b2,1 now being sold as Comirnaty.

What’s more, when four common mutations were introduced to the Delta variant, Pfizer’s mRNA injection enhanced its infectivity, causing it to become resistant. A Delta variant with three mutations has already emerged,2 which suggests it’s only a matter of time before a fourth mutation develops, at which point complete resistance to Pfizer’s jab may be imminent.

https://noqreport.com/2021/09/...e-delta-infectivity/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24583 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1: When four common mutations were introduced to the Delta variant, Pfizer’s mRNA injection enhanced its infectivity, causing it to become resistant

Have they learned nothing from the Wuhan lab? Why in the heck would you deliberately alter the virus just to see if you can make it evade the vaccine?

Posts: 9023 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Fauci Calls for 'Many, Many More' Vaccine Mandates

Pile enough mandates upon Americans and they will do as they are told, according to Dr. Anthony Fauci.

Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, spoke to CNN’s Jen Christensen on Sunday.

The White House’s chief medical adviser said the spread of the delta variant of COVID-19 is the fault of those who do not listen to experts such as himself.

Fauci said part of the solution to reducing the virus’ spread is for Americans to rely on what he called “trusted public messengers who put aside political ideologies and convince people to get vaccinated.”

The alternative is for them to be forced to do as they are told, he said.

“The other way to do it is to have many, many more mandates,” Fauci said.

“I know that rankles a lot of people,” he told Christensen, “but you’re going to see situations locally — I don’t think you’re going to see centrally derived mandates — but there are going to be mandates where colleges, universities, places of business, large corporations, they’re going to say, ‘If you want to come work for us, you’ve got to be vaccinated.’

“I believe that’s going to turn this around, because I don’t think people are going to want to not go to work or not go to college or not go to a university. They’re going to do it.

“You’d like to have them do it on a totally voluntary basis, but if that doesn’t work, you’ve got to go to the alternatives,” he said.

Last week, President Joe Biden said he would use his rule-making powers to force businesses with more than 100 workers to institute vaccine mandates. Fauci said the administration had to act because of one group.

“We have a really unfortunate situation that we have a pretty hardcore group of people that we’re trying to persuade them — or mandate them, if they’re not persuaded — to get vaccinated,” Fauci said.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/20...re-vaccine-mandates/

-rduckwor

Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Local article that actually represents what we are seeing in the ER here in Alaska. I don't necessarily agree with all of the statements made in the article, but the frustration amongst our staff is real and growing.

https://www.alaskapublic.org/2...X21sId8__XYrBo6G0Jmw

Watching patients die of COVID-19 is taking a toll on Alaska’s hospital workers
By Lex Treinen, Alaska Public Media - Anchorage - September 13, 2021

As COVID-19 hospitalizations continue to break records in Alaska, health care workers in the state’s emergency rooms and ICUs say watching patients die is becoming routine, and it’s taking a toll on their mental health.

“The range of emotions that I go through in an ER shift now is unbelievable: anger, sadness, compassion, empathy, disappointment,” said Matthew Kinsler, an emergency room nurse at Alaska Regional Hospital in Anchorage.

He said lately he’s taken to venting in the hospital’s supply rooms, where he’ll go to swear out loud to himself and throw things around until he’s comforted by coworkers.

At the ICU, where the sickest patients come, providers are used to losing patients, but the most recent wave of COVID deaths is unprecedented.

As of Friday, 208 people were hospitalized in Alaska with COVID-19 and 27 of them were on ventilators. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says about 50% of patients on ventilators will die.

“I’ve heard many of our therapists say, ‘I feel like a failure working in this unit, because everything I know to do doesn’t work, it doesn’t make a difference,’” said Karen Good, who oversees respiratory care at Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage.

Good said it’s stressing family relationships and testing the patience of hospital workers who say that the suffering is largely preventable through vaccination.

Heidi Decaro, a respiratory technician at Providence’s ICU, said she’s had patients who don’t take COVID precautions seriously, or even deny that the coronavirus is real, even as they are dying. It’s stretching her professionalism.

“You really do have to bite your tongue, because you are a professional first of all, but you are there to help them and so you have to work on building a relationship,” she said. “Because there’s already a barrier of: This isn’t real versus this is real.”

Decaro said it’s making her more irritable at home. After losing patients — she says four patients under her care died last week — she’ll snap at her family for small annoyances.

“People are dying out there, just do the dishes!” she said. “It’s the little things.”

Decaro said ICU workers feel isolated from the rest of the city where it seems like life is going on as normal.

Doctors and nurses have publicly implored political leaders to put restrictions back in place like required masking, but the governor and Anchorage mayor have not.

“Everybody in the health care system feels helpless, because we see the end result of something that could have been preventable,” said Javid Kamali, an intensive care physician at Providence.

Kamali, 56, said that aside from seeing sicker COVID-19 patients in the hospital now, he’s also seeing younger patients.

“For the first time in my entire career, which spans about 20 years, I’ve had a whole ICU filled with patients who are younger than me,” he said. “That has never happened before”

He said unvaccinated patients in their 30s and 40s have died from COVID in recent weeks.

Hospitals have been forced to keep people being treated for COVID in emergency rooms instead of ICUs, where they could get better care. They’re being held for hours, or even days, taking up space for new patients who come in with less serious issues.

“You see your family, your loved ones, your friends, waiting in the emergency department waiting room with really bad abdominal pain, chest pain, shortness of breath — all of these awful symptoms that you’d want to get addressed immediately — are generally getting pushed to the backburner,” said Kinsler, the Alaska Regional ER nurse.

Kinsler said that ER nurses are used to stabilizing patients and moving them out of the beds. With COVID, he said, they’re forced to do a job they’re not as well trained for.

Nationwide, news outlets have reported patients dying while waiting for a bed in the ER, as the latest surge in COVID-19 cases keeps hospitals at or near capacity. When asked whether Alaska has gotten to that point, Kinsler gave an unequivocal “yes.”

“It’s there, absolutely. 100% there,” he said.

It’s especially hard to see patients come in one day, and have their parents come in a few days later and die from the disease. He said those patients often blame themselves.

“It’s pretty jacked up to say, you caused your parents to die because of the decisions that you made. But it’s an easy leap to make in the brain,” he said. “That is the most heartbreaking thing and I’ve seen it multiple times.”

One of the few comforts health care providers have is one another. They say they’re forging tighter bonds through after-work beers or hikes on days off or bringing cookies to work to share.

Good said that if nurses or technicians blame themselves for losing a patient, physicians will often round up the staff to remind them of everything they did do.

“We help each other the best we can. We bring them snacks, we sit down with them, we wipe off the tears,” said Kamali. “But that’s pretty much all we can do.”

He said there’s something the public can do to help: get vaccinated.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11884 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
The White House’s chief medical adviser said the spread of the delta variant of COVID-19 is the fault of those who do not listen to experts such as himself.

Fauci said part of the solution to reducing the virus’ spread is for Americans to rely on what he called “trusted public messengers who put aside political ideologies and convince people to get vaccinated.”
This troglodyte POS is beyond belief. When you call yourself an "expert" and/or a "trusted public messenger", your elephant ego is writing checks your canary ass can't cash. What a piece of garbage.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Strange world where we pretend nature doesn't have the ability to cull the human herd at will...very strange world.

Posts: 2038 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ex-ER nurse recent testimony on vax effects, very chilling stuff!

https://www.barnhardt.biz/2021...because-this-is-war/

Posts: 828 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
71 i am guessing that article is the equivalent to a pbs or cnn piece in the lower 48. I do not buy it.

The guy in the storeroom Roll Eyes needs to get a grip. If it were true.

I am not saying there is no covid there. But "get the poke" is as prevelent there as everywhere else. It is biased to that end. It is obvious. How about treating those folks with proven therapeutics.

And we do know that the health of Alaskans percapita is not great. Neither is healthcare.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19710 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post