SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1: They changed the definition of the word vaccine to try to call it a vaccine, but it's not a vaccine. The term "mystery juice" is more accurate.

IMO: It really depends on what they find with the third dose boosters in Israel. If it takes that third dose to get to the point where it prevents infection/transmission for at least several years, I'm OK with the term. If it turns out to be a semi-annual dose to keep you out of the hospital, it's more like a medium-term prophylactic treatment. We'll see.
Third dose? Really? The third dose, just like the first two doses, were designed to work with the original variant of this bug. The current delta variant (and likely more variants to come) is proving resistant to that vaccine, which should not come as any huge surprise given how these sorts of viruses mutate. After all, would you warm to the idea of getting a flu vaccine from four years ago, or would you demand the one that's been re-configured to work on the most current version(s) of the flu. Simple reality is, more is not better when the vaccine itself is ineffective at dealing with whatever the current strain of the virus is. All the data coming in is pointing to that very reality.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

It might. Many of the traditional vaccines require 3-4 doses over the course of months to years for full effect. At this point, I'd say we're pretty sure the 2 dose mRNA isn't going to get there.

Uh…what?

No they don’t, and you know it. We get it, you love this vaccine and you think any of us who oppose it are idiots.

You’d be singing its praises even if they make it a weekly dose

Roll Eyes

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

It might. Many of the traditional vaccines require 3-4 doses over the course of months to years for full effect. At this point, I'd say we're pretty sure the 2 dose mRNA isn't going to get there.

Uh…what?

No they don’t, and you know it. We get it, you love this vaccine and you think any of us who oppose it are idiots.

Roll Eyes

Yes they do. Anyone with kids would know this.

Posts: 10943 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Uh…what?

Roll Eyes

Polio vaccine requires 4 doses. The last one is given 4-6 years after the first. Hepatitis B requires 3. I don't think you're an idiot, and I would not take it nor praise it if it required a weekly dose.

Posts: 8957 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Yeah, you might want to look here PASig. Wink

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
Nano coronavirus recombinant vaccine taking graphene oxide as carrier.

Google Patents

https://patents.google.com/patent/CN112220919A/en

US-linked Chinese military scientist filed patent for COVID vaccine just after contagion emerged: report

https://nypost.com/2021/06/04/...gion-emerged-report/

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oregon
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Uh…what?

Yes, they do. MMR is a two shot series, Anthrax is a five shot series, and on and on.

"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"
-Dr. Thaddeus Venture

Posts: 6086 | Location: PDX | Registered: May 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Those traditional vaccines though at least have an established schedule. With these mRNA shots, they seem to be just flying by the seat of their asses.

"oh wait, it's not two. It's three now. No wait, four. Ok ok, it's actually five shots one needs. Never mind, just take it every six months."

No one has a damned clue how many shots of this mRNA shot is actually needed at this point. What we do know though is this covid jab doesn't do at all what it was originally PROMISED to do.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Well, OK, you're the boss so I won't use the term "vax" on this forum.
Well, that's just fucking peachy, man.

Posts: 107594 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1: They changed the definition of the word vaccine to try to call it a vaccine, but it's not a vaccine. The term "mystery juice" is more accurate.

IMO: It really depends on what they find with the third dose boosters in Israel. If it takes that third dose to get to the point where it prevents infection/transmission for at least several years, I'm OK with the term. If it turns out to be a semi-annual dose to keep you out of the hospital, it's more like a medium-term prophylactic treatment. We'll see.

If you actually believe that a third dose will accomplish that, I have a bridge to sell you. And comparing the polio vaccine to a coronavirus vaccine is apples to oranges.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
MNSIG, I have respect for your position, and what you do. However, there is nothing but the word of charlatans to suggest these “vaccines” will ever deliver as promised. We were promised 95% efficacy in the beginning. When it became apparent that was a failure, they started trotting out talk of boosters, but with disclaimers that they may or may not work with “variants”. Variants we have yet to see solid science that they’ve isolated. If they had a test for specific “variants” we would NEVER hear the end of how they are going to save the world with updated vaccines for these “variants”. The science is flawed, the response has been flawed, the restrictions such as mask requirements are clearly flawed. This is a coronavirus; there has never been a successful vaccine for the bug that causes the common cold. My non-medical opinion is that we never will.

If we can’t even develop a flu vaccine that 6 months after development and release won’t give you full immunity due to mutations, we won’t be doing the same for a virus type that arguably mutates far faster.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
I think Alan has captured the current fear & frustration of the public in response to the forcing of experimental vaccines on us.

I wish Novavax would stop standing on their dick regarding FDA emergency use approval. They have a traditional protein subunit immunogen type vaccine (you are injected with a protein part of the virus, in this case the COVID "spike" protein) in development.

I think this will be much more palatable to people and could be more efficacious than the Pfizer or Moderna mRNA vaccines. Novavax finished their Phase III trial back in June with good results.

https://www.nih.gov/news-event...fe-prevents-covid-19

No I dont own stock in Novavax but I wish I did...

quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Those traditional vaccines though at least have an established schedule. With these mRNA shots, they seem to be just flying by the seat of their asses.

"oh wait, it's not two. It's three now. No wait, four. Ok ok, it's actually five shots one needs. Never mind, just take it every six months."

No one has a damned clue how many shots of this mRNA shot is actually needed at this point. What we do know though is this covid jab doesn't do at all what it was originally PROMISED to do.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
MNSIG, I have respect for your position, and what you do. However, there is nothing but the word of charlatans to suggest these “vaccines” will ever deliver as promised.

Thanks.

I'd actually be quite surprised if the study in Israel shows long term immunity. My WAG is that it will end up being a "close enough" annual vaccine, much like influenza. I'm definitely not in the mandatory vaccine camp and agree that most of the government response to this has been way over the top.

Posts: 8957 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm definitely not in the mandatory vaccine camp and agree that most of the government response to this has been way over the top.

Yeah... that's the thing, isn't it?
I was hesitant previously. I was hesitant for the same reason I don’t buy the first year of a new car model. I like to find out something about the track record before I buy into something. Now that I know more I’m no longer just hesitant. I’m resistant.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Many of the traditional vaccines require 3-4 doses over the course of months to years for full effect.

Oh? Which "traditional" vaccines would those be?
Didn't the "childhood" vaccines require one or more booster shots??
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
And comparing the polio vaccine to a coronavirus vaccine is apples to oranges.
A-freaking-MEN!!!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Many of the traditional vaccines require 3-4 doses over the course of months to years for full effect.

See the link that Gustofer posted. There are a bunch.

posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^
MMR needed two, DTAP three injections. Many others require mulitple doses.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
quote:
quote:

Didn't the "childhood" vaccines require one or more booster shots??
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
And comparing the polio vaccine to a coronavirus vaccine is apples to oranges.
A-freaking-MEN!!!!!

I didn't compare the vaccines or the diseases, only pointed out that the full series for polio requires multiple doses over an extended time period.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
^^^^^^^^^^^^
MMR needed two, DTAP three injections. Many others require mulitple doses.

I was precipitous in posting that question. I since withdrew it. Apparently y'all are too fast for me Wink

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wish Novavax would stop standing on their dick regarding FDA emergency use approval. They have a traditional protein subunit immunogen type vaccine (you are injected with a protein part of the virus, in this case the COVID "spike" protein) in development.

I think this will be much more palatable to people and could be more efficacious than the Pfizer or Moderna mRNA vaccines. Novavax finished their Phase III trial back in June with good results.

I agree. From what I'm hearing/reading I may be willing to take this one.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post