SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 ... 1204
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
No, article doesn't say.

Just another oddity in youth dyeing suddenly.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Lilly Kimbell, 31, former Georgia Bulldogs tennis player, died suddenly and unexpectedly Sunday from a heart attack.

Lilly was one most successful doubles players in Georgia tennis history. “We were stunned and heartbroken to learn of Lilly passing away,” said Georgia head coach Jeff Wallace.

The family tweeted something about the healthy young athlete having kidney problems that they believe led to her heart attack. But they didn’t say when Lilly started having kidney problems, or when they started getting worse. I could take a guess.

https://www.coffeeandcovid.com...ay-february-9th-2023

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23950 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I had a telephone conference with my financial advisor at Fidelity. I hadn't spoken to her for nearly two years and at that time she was dealing with the recent death of her father...from covid. During that conversation we discussed the "vaccine" and how she wished her father had taken it to perhaps keep him from dying. She had it and strongly recommended I get it.

In these past conversations I'd learned she leaned left, however her mother was hard right. We had some interesting conversations besides finance, but they didn't get too off the rails.

During our talk yesterday, in addition to the market and economy, we talked about my recent retirement and our overall health. Come to find out, she was diagnosed with calcification of the heart and put on specific medications and then the talk also went to statins. After having heard the side effects and news of the "vaccine", of course now she wishes she hadn't taken it, though Fidelity also required she do so.

I feel sorry for her and all those who either thought it was the right thing to do at the time, or were required to maintain their jobs. I hope she can somehow get over this condition.

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The assholes are doubling down and stopping at nothing at getting this poison into arms, especially children. I guess the monsters need a new approach now that even their brainwashed base are opting out of boosters.

https://www.politico.com/news/...dren-adults-00082040

CDC adds Covid-19 vaccinations to immunization schedules for children, adults

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention added Covid-19 vaccinations for children, adolescents and adults to its immunization schedule.

These updates reflect current agency recommendations. Adding them formalizes that guidance for health care providers and schools.

The CDC’s vaccination schedule, released Thursday, does not mandate vaccines. States and localities determine which vaccines schools require for students, and all 50 states have medical exemptions for vaccines. Some states also have nonmedical vaccination exemptions for religious or philosophical reasons.
For children: The CDC recommends that healthy children 6 months to 4 years old receive a primary series of two doses of the Moderna or Pfizer-BioNTech monovalent Covid-19 vaccine followed by a third dose of a bivalent vaccine.

Children aged 5 to 12 should receive two doses of the Moderna or Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine followed by a bivalent shot. Kids 12 and up should get either two doses of the Moderna, Pfizer or Novavax vaccine followed by a bivalent booster. Currently, only Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech manufacture updated bivalent shots that target coronavirus variants that were circulating widely last fall.

Immunocompromised children should receive three doses of the Moderna or Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine as a primary series instead of two, and should also receive a bivalent booster.

Pediatric vaccines are smaller doses than adult vaccines, and in all cases, the CDC recommends that children receive doses appropriate for their age.

For adults: Healthy adults should receive a primary Covid-19 vaccination of two doses of the Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech or Novavax vaccine and a bivalent booster, similar to children. Some adults may choose to receive a Novavax booster instead if they would not like the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna shot, or those boosters aren’t available.

Adults with compromised immune systems should receive either two doses of the Novavax vaccine, or three doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccine and a bivalent booster.

The agency recommends that adults who got the one-dose Covid-19 vaccine from Johnson & Johnson and one booster dose, followed by a bivalent booster.

Background: In October, the agency’s vaccine advisory committee voted unanimously to update the schedule to include Covid-19 shots, and to include Covid-19 shots in the federal Vaccines for Children Program, which provides free vaccines for children who are eligible for Medicaid, un- or under-insured, or are part of the nation’s indigenous population.

Nearly 85 percent of adults in the U.S. have completed their primary Covid-19 vaccination series, according to the CDC, but only a third have received a bivalent booster. Just over 12 percent remain unvaccinated.

A third of children 6 months to 17 years old have completed their primary Covid-19 vaccination series, but over 90 percent of children 6 months to 4 years have not received a single shot.

What’s next: The FDA’s vaccine advisory committee recently voted unanimously to recommend that all primary vaccination series switch to the updated bivalent shot, but the agency has yet to adopt these recommendations. The committee also discussed a possible path forward to include yearly Covid-19 booster vaccinations, similar to the annual flu shot, but it did not formalize a path forward.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15502 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
This is grossly unconscionable. My goodness these people are evil. It's that or they are incomprehensibly stupid.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Don't rule out that they could be evil AND incomprehensibly stupid...Just sayin' Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8788 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
The last time we checked, I believe the CDC was exempt from any mandates. And also the shot rate was relatively low for CDC employees vs the population.

What's the status now? What percentage of CDC employees are getting boosters? The initial shot or two doesn't count - that was a cluster fuck of panic and misinformation. With the information that's been available for the past year or so, how many at the CDC are still getting boosters or their first shot?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
This is grossly unconscionable. My goodness these people are evil. It's that or they are incomprehensibly stupid.

Got to keep that gravy train going for Pfizer now that they’ve acknowledged that a shot goes from $0 to $150 a pop when the Covid emergency ends in May and demand will drop to zero

Sickening Red Face

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
I have asked the question before, are they going to try to mix the yearly Flu shot with the COVID vaccine in one shot for both.
If so hopefully they offer an option to get them separately if not then there goes my yearly Flu shot.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
I have asked the question before, are they going to try to mix the yearly Flu shot with the COVID vaccine in one shot for both.
If so hopefully they offer an option to get them separately if not then there goes my yearly Flu shot.

They are now working on an MRNA flu shot.

Racing Moderna, Pfizer starts phase 3 trial of mRNA flu vaccine

https://www.fiercebiotech.com/...ial-mrna-flu-vaccine

Posts: 12582 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
quote:

So my next question would be, do they have to disclose the fact that the Flu shot will be a MRNA shot before administering it?
If I ask would the person even know?
My wife and I have always had our yearly Flue shots done at the local grocery store Pharmacy will the pharmacist even know?

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
FWIW, I used to get the flu shot yearly. This season and last season I skipped it. Unless something seriously changes....and I don't expect it, I don't think I'll be getting anymore flu shots.

posted Hide Post
quote:
So my next question would be, do they have to disclose the fact that the Flu shot will be a MRNA shot before administering it?
My wife and I have always had our yearly Flue shots done at the local grocery store Pharmacy will the pharmacist even know?

You could ask to see the vaccine package information insert before you receive the shot.

Posts: 12582 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Yes, they are. I got several emails from CVS this fall asking if I was interested in being part of a trial for it.
I told them not just no, but FUCK NO!

I always have gotten a flu shot, but if they go to making only the merged version, that will be the end of that.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16489 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

You could ask to see the vaccine package information insert before you receive the shot.

Because that wouldn’t lie. Roll Eyes

Posts: 2927 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Even the traditional type flu shots are not without risk. I had gotten them faithfully, every year, for decades.

A few weeks after the last one that I had, my immune system over-reacted to the flu shot and I got my ass kicked by Guillain Barré, resulting in more than a week in the hospital, spinal tap, IV steroids to mitigate the pain, multiple IVIG transfusions, months of occupational therapy and physical therapy, and ongoing numbness in hands and feet and nerve pain in my feet. My balance is still affected, and I have lost the ability to do fairly simple physical tasks.

The doc told me that the probability of this occurring is extremely low, something like one if five million, but it does happen occasionally and I drew the short straw.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30548 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
quote:
quote:

Yes, they are. I got several emails from CVS this fall asking if I was interested in being part of a trial for it.
I told them not just no, but FUCK NO!

I always have gotten a flu shot, but if they go to making only the merged version, that will be the end of that.

I got several text messages from CVS also but it never said what the trials were for.
If they merge the two I and my wife will also not be getting the Flu shot anymore.

NRA Life Member

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
There’s a whole lot of countries starting to limit the Covid vaccine for under 18 yet we are now going to force it on 6 month old babies? A lot of school districts will not let you attend without a current vaccination panel. This is absurd and pure evil Mad

quote:

Under the new guidelines, healthy children 6 months to 4 years old should receive a primary series of two doses of either the Moderna or Pfizer-BioNTech monovalent COVID-19 vaccine followed by a third dose of a bivalent vaccine.

Link

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
UGGG.

are about to clean m1A1 tanks

we can't send the armor package

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Yea.

I am 49 years old.

I have been pushed to fix tanks in ukrane.

it is not what everyone thinks.

WE Wil Not Gove Tanks

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post