SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
I think she's gonna regret putting that out there so publicly and definitively.

Don't forget such people are shameless.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8343 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
quote:

And straight up stupid. Razz

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Always see your cardiologist when you have the sniffles.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ No shit!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38674 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Now that Anthony Fauci has officially retired from the NIH the big question is, who will replace him?

An evident shoe-in is Dr. Peter Hotez, a fixture in the mainstream media throughout the COVID era. Hotez is one of a very small handful of doctors elevated as a trusted voice by the official vaccine-pushing contingency led by the likes of Bill Gates and Anthony Fauci.

Hotez wants action to counter what he calls “anti-vaccine aggression” but is not specific about what should be done. Cohen’s investigation, however, shows that Hotez means censorship and criminalization of anyone – especially doctors and scientists – who deviates from the big pharma agenda.

With support from Pfizer, Bill Gates, the Clintons and Fauci, Hotez has made a career of testing pharmaceutical products in Africa, Latin America and South Asia. His latest product, the CorbeVax vaccine for Covid, has been injected into tens of millions of arms in India and elsewhere, thanks to the corrupt influence of government bodies as we see in these videos.

https://stevekirsch.substack.c...-replacement-be-even

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24108 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
Anything a Government spokesperson says should be considered a conspiracy theory. Big Grin

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
An evident shoe-in is Dr. Peter Hotez

Enough left leaners have obviously given the middle finger to the snake oil peddlers; if this asshat tried to turn the screws on forced poisonings, it will do damage to both this administration and big pharma. Only true loonies are doing this anymore.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15573 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
quote:

And straight up stupid. Razz

...Narcissists!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8880 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
I'm not posting conspiracy theories but the egg shortage was tied to Chicken Feed and Chicken Egg Yolk Antibodies (IgYs) block the binding of multiple SARS-CoV-2 spike protein variants to human ACE2.

MY BIL actually experienced this. He was giving his chickens feed from Tractor Supply and noticed that they were not producing eggs since late October. He started giving them table scraps and within a few days they started producing eggs. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Merck and Co. has a drug called molnupiravir that is designed to cause mutations in the Covid virus. You’ve probably heard of it and that it is associated with Covid. The “idea” is to cause it to mutate so rapidly that it cannot reproduce properly. What it APPEARS to do is create new variants at a faster pace than nature would allow. Who does Merck think they are creating this garbage and loosing it upon the world? It’s no coincidence that the countries experiencing the greatest number of emerging variants are those that have the highest rates of the drugs usage. Merck says we have nothing to worry about; that actually gives me more reason to worry, not less.

https://www.science.org/conten...supercharge-pandemic

A widely used COVID-19 drug may be driving the appearance of new SARS-CoV-2 variants, sparking concerns it could prolong and even reinvigorate the pandemic. The drug, molnupiravir, produced by Merck & Co., is designed to kill the virus by inducing mutations in the viral genome. A survey of viral genomes reported in a new preprint, however, suggests some people treated with the drug generate novel viruses that not only remain viable, but spread.

“It’s very clear that viable mutant viruses can survive [molnupiravir treatment] and compete [with existing variants],” says virologist William Haseltine, chair of ACCESS Health International, who has repeatedly raised concerns about the drug. “I think we are courting disaster.” But a Merck spokesperson disputes that the drug has led to the emergence of widely circulating variants, and some researchers downplayed the significance of molnupiravir-caused mutations. “Right now, it’s much ado about nothing,” says Raymond Schinazi, a medicinal chemist at the Emory University School of Medicine, noting that with SARS-CoV-2 infecting millions of people worldwide, the virus is naturally mutating at a fast clip.

Authorized in the United Kingdom and the United States in late 2021, molnupiravir was the first oral antiviral approved anywhere to fight COVID-19. It has since been authorized in dozens of other countries. In 2022, Merck estimated global sales of the compound at more than $5 billion. Though that is well below the $18.9 billion in 2022 sales for Paxlovid, another oral SARS-CoV-2 antiviral, molnupiravir remains widely popular in certain countries.

From the start, however, Haseltine and others worried about the drug’s mechanism, which involves introducing so many mutations into the viral genome that it can no longer reproduce. One concern was that the drug might mutate not just the coronavirus, but the DNA of people receiving it—a side effect that has not been seen so far. Another was that mutated virus would survive and propagate—and perhaps turn out to be more transmissible or virulent than before. Before the U.S. Food and Drug Administration authorized the drug, a Merck spokesperson called the worry “an interesting hypothetical concern.”

Nevertheless, researchers and citizen scientists from around the globe began to scan SARS-CoV-2 genome sequences deposited in the international GISAID database, looking for the kinds of mutations expected to be caused by molnupiravir. Rather than inducing random changes in the virus’ RNA genome, the drug is more likely to cause specific nucleic acid substitutions, with guanine switching to adenine and cytosine to uracil.

One virus hunter, Ryan Hisner, a middle school science and math teacher in Monroe, Indiana, started to catalog suspect variants in August 2022 and quickly identified dozens of sequences that showed clusters of those hallmark substitutions. Hisner raised his concerns with researchers on Twitter and ultimately teamed up with Thomas Peacock, a virologist from Imperial College London. With other colleagues, the pair systematically reviewed more than 13 million SARS-CoV-2 sequences in GISAID and analyzed those with clusters of more than 20 mutations. In a preprint posted on 27 January, they report that a large subset showed the hallmark substitutions; all dated from 2022, after molnupiravir began to be widely used.

These signature clusters, the researchers found, were up to 100 times more common in countries where molnupiravir was widely used, including the United States, Australia, and the United Kingdom, than in countries such as France and Canada where it was not. Tracking the dates and locations of the sequences showed some of the mutated strains were spreading in the community. “Clearly something is happening here,” Peacock says.

Whether the changes will lead to variants that are more pathogenic or transmissible is unclear, the researchers say. “We are not coming to a conclusion about risk,” says team member Theo Sanderson, a geneticist at the Francis Crick Institute. Haseltine, however, likens the danger to keeping a pet lion. “Just because it didn’t bite you yesterday doesn’t mean it won’t bite you today,” he says.

The Merck spokesperson says the link between the mutations and the drug is unproved. “There is no evidence that any antiviral agent has contributed to the emergence of circulating variants,” she says. But the new result comes on the heels of two others that could change the risk-benefit calculus for the drug.

In one, researchers in Australia found evidence that molnupiravir treatment may be leading to new variants in immunocompromised patients. Because these patients’ immune systems have trouble clearing the virus, viral variants can accrue large numbers of mutations, possibly causing big leaps in viral behavior that can then be passed to others. (Researchers have speculated that Omicron and other SARS-CoV-2 variants evolved naturally in immunocompromised people.) Repeatedly sequencing SARS-CoV-2 genomes from nine patients, five of whom received the drug and four who did not, the researchers found that molnupiravir-treated individuals harbored an average of 30 new variants each within 10 days of the initial dose, far more than the untreated patients. “Our study demonstrates that this commonly used antiviral can ‘supercharge’ viral evolution in immunocompromised patients, potentially generating new variants and prolonging the pandemic,” the authors wrote in a 22 December 2022 preprint.

A second report, which appeared on 28 January in The Lancet, suggests that, at least among people who have been vaccinated against COVID-19, molnupiravir offers limited benefits. The study tracked 26,411 vaccinated participants in the United Kingdom’s PANORAMIC clinical trial, roughly half of whom were given the drug. It did reduce symptom severity and improve patient recovery times, but the researchers found it did not lower the frequency of COVID-19–associated hospitalizations or deaths among high-risk adults.

The new U.K. and Australian studies don’t prove molnupiravir is causing the emergence of dangerous new SARS-CoV-2 variants, says Ravindra Gupta, a clinical microbiologist at the University of Cambridge. But he argues the drug’s limited benefit suggests it’s no longer worth the risk. “Taken together, these results do call into question whether molnupiravir should be used.”

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15573 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Two years ago, if someone suggested or even outright said this thing was the fault of pharmaceutical companies dicking around with mutating diseases, they were silenced and had their life ruined to whatever extent was possible. Now pharmaceutical companies are telling us they're dicking around with mutating diseases. Unreal.

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VBVAGUY:
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
I'm not posting conspiracy theories but the egg shortage was tied to Chicken Feed and Chicken Egg Yolk Antibodies (IgYs) block the binding of multiple SARS-CoV-2 spike protein variants to human ACE2.

MY BIL actually experienced this. He was giving his chickens feed from Tractor Supply and noticed that they were not producing eggs since late October. He started giving them table scraps and within a few days they started producing eggs. God Bless Smile

Purposefully Poisoned Commercial Chicken Feed? Why have Chickens Have Stopped Laying Any Eggs?

https://www.city-sentinel.com/...e0-d28404932e1c.html

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I saw an announcement at my company (defense contractor) that they’ve selected a new Covid contact tracing company.

Really? We are still playing this silly game? Roll Eyes

There has to be some kind of incentive or coercion from the USG to do this otherwise they wouldn’t be doing it.

It’s a COLD at this point that ranges from very mild to pretty nasty but at the end of the day it’s a friggen’ COLD. Red Face

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ But it has a name....COVID! Roll Eyes

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38674 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
How the “Unvaccinated” Got It Right
By Robin Koerner

Scott Adams is the creator of the famous cartoon strip, Dilbert. It is a strip whose brilliance derives from close observation and understanding of human behavior. Some time ago, Scott turned those skills to commenting insightfully and with notable intellectual humility on the politics and culture of our country.

Like many other commentators, and based on his own analysis of evidence available to him, he opted to take the Covid “vaccine.”

Recently, however, he posted a video on the topic that has been circulating on social media. It was a mea culpa in which he declared, “The unvaccinated were the winners,” and, to his great credit, “I want to find out how so many of [my viewers] got the right answer about the “vaccine” and I didn’t.”

“Winners” was perhaps a little tongue-in-cheek: he seemingly means that the “unvaccinated” do not have to worry about the long-term consequences of having the “vaccine” in their bodies since enough data concerning the lack of safety of the “vaccines” have now appeared to demonstrate that, on the balance of risks, the choice not to be “vaccinated” has been vindicated for individuals without comorbidities.

What follows is a personal response to Scott, which explains how consideration of the information that was available at the time led one person – me – to decline the “vaccine.” It is not meant to imply that all who accepted the “vaccine” made the wrong decision or, indeed, that everyone who declined it did so for good reasons.

(19 minute read, but worth it)

https://brownstone.org/article...inated-got-it-right/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24108 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
#itoldyouso

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
[heart emoji]

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Has the tide finally turned with this silly masking bullshit at medical facilities who have been thus far to my experience the lone holdouts still enforcing it?

Had a yearly sleep center appointment to go over my CPAP and how it’s been going and they had “Masks Are Optional” signs up which was a good sign to me.

Maybe the tide IS finally turning

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
https://www.wdrb.com/news/nort...40-771d7a29c42e.html

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Norton Healthcare announced it is restoring the mask requirements for Louisville-area hospitals starting on Friday, Feb. 3.

A Norton Healthcare spokesperson said Norton Healthcare monitors the "transmission rate" of Covid-19 and not the "incident rate."

They recommend all Norton Healthcare employees, patients and visitors wear masks, regardless of vaccination status.

WDRB reported on Feb. 1, 2023 that UofL Health is ending its mask requirement on Monday, Feb. 6. UofL Health also announced they are ending mandatory COVID-19 testing prior to admission.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post