SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
Who's right and who's wrong? Where can be found the definitive total of deaths, causes, and locations this semester?

Right now it's all a mix of "clickbait bullshit".

OK, how about this one:

"NC State students, mental health professionals mourn eighth student death since start of 2022-23 school year"

"Saturday’s apparent suicide marks the fifth suicide on the North Carolina State University campus since the start of the 2022-23 school year. Three of the university's five suicides came from students enrolled in the College of Engineering."

Link

There's a video in the link where the news woman says one of the remaining three was natural causes. It's a local TV news station which I highly doubt is involved in a vast conspiracy to cover up 7 sudden deaths at NCSU due to COVID vaccines.

Posts: 10950 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
New study finds that masks made no difference. Whether surgical masks or N95. Just one study, but dang.

Face masks made ‘little to no difference’ in preventing spread of COVID, scientific review finds

By Melissa Rudy
Published February 13, 2023
Fox News

---------------------

The stance by the Centers for Disease and Control Prevention (CDC) on face masks has taken many twists and turns throughout the COVID pandemic.

After initially claiming face coverings weren’t necessary, the CDC changed course in April 2020, calling on all Americans — even children as young as 2 years old — to mask up.

That September, then-CDC Director Dr. Robert Redfield said during a Senate hearing that "face masks are the most important powerful health tool we have," even suggesting that they might offer more protection than vaccines.

Those recommendations likely played a large part in 39 U.S. states eventually enacting mask mandates.

Now, a new scientific review — led by 12 researchers from esteemed universities around the world — suggests that widespread masking may have done little to nothing to curb the transmission of COVID-19.

Published by Cochrane Library, the review dug into the findings of 78 randomized controlled trials to determine whether "physical interventions" — including face masks and hand-washing — lessened the spread of respiratory viruses.

When comparing the use of medical/surgical masks to wearing no masks, the review found that "wearing a mask may make little to no difference in how many people caught a flu-like illness/COVID-like illness (nine studies; 276,917 people); and probably makes little or no difference in how many people have flu/COVID confirmed by a laboratory test (six studies; 13,919 people)."

Next, the review compared medical/surgical masks to N95 respirators (or P2 respirators, which are used in Europe).

It found that "wearing N95/P2 respirators probably makes little to no difference in how many people have confirmed flu (five studies; 8407 people); and may make little to no difference in how many people catch a flu-like illness (five studies; 8407 people), or respiratory illness (three studies; 7799 people)."

Read the rest of the article

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16356 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
Face masks made ‘little to no difference’ in preventing spread of COVID, scientific review finds

Posts: 17134 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:
Who's right and who's wrong? Where can be found the definitive total of deaths, causes, and locations this semester?

Right now it's all a mix of "clickbait bullshit".

OK, how about this one:

"NC State students, mental health professionals mourn eighth student death since start of 2022-23 school year"

"Saturday’s apparent suicide marks the fifth suicide on the North Carolina State University campus since the start of the 2022-23 school year. Three of the university's five suicides came from students enrolled in the College of Engineering."

Link

There's a video in the link where the news woman says one of the remaining three was natural causes. It's a local TV news station which I highly doubt is involved in a vast conspiracy to cover up 7 sudden deaths at NCSU due to COVID vaccines.

Sure, I can accept the numbers in this article as it is clear regarding the timeline and number of suicides. Until this one article posted today, though, there wasn't anything previously written or reported that either you or I could say was definitive or entirely accurate. It is good to get at least some clarity on the issue.

But nothing has changed - You continue to feel that the COVID shots are safe and effective and the government is telling the truth about them, while I continue to remain skeptical.

If you want, I'll write a note to your doctor saying that you can have all the COVID shots and boosters meant for me. You'll be soooo protected then, for sure!

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I don’t recall a time where any university in the US had headlines along 7 sudden deaths in such a short period. No matter what, something seems wrong.

It could be fentanyl OD.. we will never know for sure.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
But nothing has changed - You continue to feel that the COVID shots are safe and effective and the government is telling the truth about them, while I continue to remain skeptical.

If you want, I'll write a note to your doctor saying that you can have all the COVID shots and boosters meant for me. You'll be soooo protected then, for sure!

Or you can stop jumping to conclusions by imagining that you've read something that's not there.

One of the things I credit the forum with is allowing me to exercise and learn to make much better use of my critical thinking cap. I challenge you to critically read the article wcb6092 linked and find where it says how these students died and/or any link to COVID or any vaccines of any kind. My hope is that anyone who reads these types of "articles" will recognize them for what they are and stop using them to support whatever beliefs they may have.

I won't ask you to find where I've said any of the things you have claimed about me above as I'm not interested in wasting anyone's time. Big Grin I'll summarize what you or anyone else who chooses to go down that rabbit hole will find:
I've been skeptical about all of this from the beginning. I've called bullshit wherever I've seen it; I believe starting with the COVID death tolls, continuing with masks, directional markings in the grocery stores, everybody's darling Gov. DeSantis declaring COVID a hazard to navigation and shutting Florida boaters down, etc. My kids will never get the shot while I have anything to say about it. I did get one shot because I thought it might help prevent my parents from getting it. I wound up getting the VID before the second shot, so no more shots for me.

Using clickbait bullshit doesn't help anyone's argument. They did it in the beginning to scare the bejezus out of people to gain compliance. You remember the 35 year old triathlete doctor that died suddenly from COVID so it affects everyone? Now "died suddenly" must be the vaccine.

Posts: 10950 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I don’t recall a time where any university in the US had headlines along 7 sudden deaths in such a short period. No matter what, something seems wrong.

It could be fentanyl OD.. we will never know for sure.

It's 8 now, 5 suicides, 1 murder, and 2 natural causes. Virginia Tech had 32 sudden deaths. I suppose they could have been fentanyl ODs and we will never know for sure. Roll Eyes

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189

Or you can stop jumping to conclusions by imagining that you've read something that's not there.

Just returning to you the same that you're giving. You infer from my posts that I believe in a vaccine conspiracy regarding these student deaths - no matter that I didn't say or infer anything of the kind - so I get to infer from your posts that you're a pro-"vaccine" Karen - no matter that you didn't say or infer anything of the kind . See how that works? Respect is a two-way street.

If you objectively read my responses to your posts you'll see the difference. Why should I stay civil and respectful to someone who won't do likewise?

While we're at it, have you had or seen a lot of success on this forum in persuading or convincing others by casting aspersions and personal attacks? Or by being belligerent, irratible and short-tempered (a.k.a snarky)? Personally, I haven't noticed those tactics to be successful to any degree.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Insurance analyst Josh Stirling testified under oath at Senator Ron Johnson’s covid vaccine hearings last week, and announced some pretty grim figures emerging from British data, including that people under 50 who got the mRNA shots now have a +50% higher mortality rate than unvaccinated people:

"The people who are under the age of 50 who took the vaccine now have a 49% higher mortality rate... One dose there was a 145% mortality rate"

Josh Stirling, insurance analyst.

This is based on UK data.

https://twitter.com/wolsned/st...685915832320?lang=en

https://www.coffeeandcovid.com...ack&utm_medium=email

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
It’s almost as if if you live in the USA, the “vaccines” are safe and effective, do not contribute to excess deaths, are safe and effective, will reduce your chance of getting Covid, are safe and effective, are above reproach (how dare you question the science), and are safe and effective.

Safe and effective. Anyone that blindly believes that at this point needs their head examined. The tip of the iceberg gets bigger and bigger every day and anyone getting booster after booster is adding rounds to the Russian roulette revolver.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
As real scientists will say, there is no way to make a claim of safety about the jabs. It always takes years of double blind controlled studies to wring out what the risks are of a new injected product.

When the jabs were rolled out after small defective studies lasting only a matter of weeks to months, there was no way to make an informed claim of "Safe". Indeed no basis to claim effective either.

Safe is relative, too, because nothing injected is 100% guaranteed not to cause significant harm. For the government and medical professionals to use a sweeping "Safe and Effective" claim is intentionally misleading. I believe in a criminal way with the intent to prevent informed consent, so that people would accept jabs which they otherwise would not.

The true believers in jabs and masks are blinded by their reliance on "Safe and Effective" when in reality the phrase proves to me there is something to be refused.

Posts: 9452 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
there was a 145% mortality rate
Confused

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30677 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Confused
That means for every 1,000 people in the group over a given period of time, 1,450 people in that group died. What’s the problem? Wink

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189

Just returning to you the same that you're giving. You infer from my posts that I believe in a vaccine conspiracy regarding these student deaths - no matter that I didn't say or infer anything of the kind - so I get to infer from your posts that you're a pro-"vaccine" Karen - no matter that you didn't say or infer anything of the kind . See how that works? Respect is a two-way street.

If you objectively read my responses to your posts you'll see the difference. Why should I stay civil and respectful to someone who won't do likewise?

While we're at it, have you had or seen a lot of success on this forum in persuading or convincing others by casting aspersions and personal attacks? Or by being belligerent, irratible and short-tempered (a.k.a snarky)? Personally, I haven't noticed those tactics to be successful to any degree.

This is what I was addressing:

quote:
It could be that there have been four suicides and seven sudden death "incidents".

That’s it. I don’t know, and I’ve reread your posts as well as mine, how you went anywhere else from there. Seriously, transference much? Show me where I did anything you’ve claim I’ve done before you started making claims about me. Good luck.

posted Hide Post
Some of you guys are like a bunch of bickering old ladies. Too bad you can't stay on topic.

Posts: 817 | Registered: February 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Confused

I was confused too...Hope this helps.

Josh Stirling explains it in the video of his Senate testimony

https://twitter.com/wolsned/st...wRwiatQL1xVpIxUy2jqw

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
We should be optimistic, this doctor said. People get it now, no one’s taking the vaccines, it’s over.

The Covid jabs are dead. All over the world people are voting with their arms. Fewer than 1 in 100 Americans will get an mRNA jab this month.

But the threat that Covid exposed is not over. Not the threat of the virus, which had an average age of death of maybe 82 or 83. Not even the threat of government orders like school closures and lockdowns. Those are awful, but they’re reversible and we seem to have rejected them resoundingly, at least in the United States.

No, I mean the scientific threats that the pandemic has exposed. Covid has revealed how out of control the public health establishment and its handmaiden virologists and immunologists have become. Drug companies too, although their corruption of medicine is less of a surprise.

https://alexberenson.substack....rue&utm_medium=email

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
That’s it. I don’t know, and I’ve reread your posts as well as mine, how you went anywhere else from there. Seriously, transference much? Show me where I did anything you’ve claim I’ve done before you started making claims about me. Good luck.

No, that's not it. You say you've reread the posts and still don't see how you come off as belligerent and snide, with a sprinkling of denigration thrown in? Seriously, obtuse much?

To keep from derailing this thread anymore, either start a fresh thread or take it off-line with e-mail and I'll point out exactly what points you say you're not getting.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VANQUISH:
Some of you guys are like a bunch of bickering old ladies. Too bad you can't stay on topic.

Yeah, I just get tired of being civil in my posts and not receiving the same in return.

Sorry for the drift OP.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Coincidence? Wonder if he had the Jab(s)

Link

BELGIAN GOALKEEPER ARNE ESPEEL, 25, DIES AFTER COLLAPSING ON FIELD
3 HOURS AGO

Belgian goalkeeper Arne Espeel died after he collapsed during a match Saturday morning, moments after making a save.

According to reports, Espeel, who was in action for Winkel Sport B of the second provincial division of West Brabant in Belgium, saved a shot and then dropped to the ground after doing so. Moments later, doctors tried to revive him with a defibrillator, but Espeel was pronounced dead after being taken to a hospital.

The game was played on Winkel Sport B's home turf in Sint-Eloois-Winkel in the West Flanders Province. The club released a statement on the matter, according to Reuters.

"Winkel Sport is in very deep mourning by the sudden death of Arne Espeel," the club said. "We wish family and friends of Arne our heartfelt condolences in this heavy loss. Football is an afterthought."

Espeel was 25.

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post