SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Has the tide finally turned with this silly masking bullshit at medical facilities who have been thus far to my experience the lone holdouts still enforcing it?

It's a week by week thing. If community rates are high, masks required. If low, not required.

At least that is the way it is here, and I presume it is a nationwide dictate.

Posts: 20108 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Norton Healthcare announced it is restoring the mask requirements for Louisville-area hospitals starting on Friday, Feb. 3.

A Norton Healthcare spokesperson said Norton Healthcare monitors the "transmission rate" of Covid-19 and not the "incident rate."

WDRB reported on Feb. 1, 2023 that UofL Health is ending its mask requirement on Monday, Feb. 6. UofL Health also announced they are ending mandatory COVID-19 testing prior to admission.

How the hell does Norton monitor the "transmission rate" of Covid-19???

Nevermind, wait 3 days and go to UofL Health which is ending its mask requirement on Monday, Feb. 6.

Beginning on Monday, the "transmission" will all be moved back to Norton. Big Grin

Similar to how it works in restaurants:

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:

Has the tide finally turned with this silly masking bullshit at medical facilities who have been thus far to my experience the lone holdouts still enforcing it?

It's a week by week thing. If community rates are high, masks required. If low, not required.

At least that is the way it is here, and I presume it is a nationwide dictate.

I'd assume it's actually resulting from non-science type 'corporate' imbeciles/true believers dictating this policy within their own organizations rather than a 'nationwide dictate' coming from upon high directed any .gov related institution of public health, etc.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ We were told it was a CMS requirement.

Posts: 20108 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Around here, it simply depends on where you go...Every office/facility seems to have it's own individual policy. Some don't require masks at all and there isn't even any signage on the subject, while others not only require it, but the staff is belligerent about chastising anyone that does not display absolute professional-level mask wearing prowess. Shockingly, my sons Orthodontist office, still has staff in the vestibule taking temperatures and interviewing 'patients' prior to entering to office. That practice used to be our Family Dentist too, but NOT ANY MORE! Roll Eyes

On the opposite end on the spectrum, an Orthopedic Surgeon Practice associated with a large local hospital displays signs that Masks are not only NOT required, but on request all staff you interact with will wear one if you so desire.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
We haven’t had mandatory masking at my work for probably 18 months now, but it’s still amazes me that the younger generation of workers, the ones that are on their first job, right out of college or interns, etc. are all walking around with their cuck masks on.

It’s mainly 20-25 year old males, you don’t see hardly anyone over age 30-40 generation wearing one.

Whatever happened with the younger generation and questioning authority, and not bowing to authority, something happened along the way, and they became these obedient non-questioning drones. Confused

I swear to God if my company mandated you walked around with one finger up your ass to help combat Covid, they would be eagerly lining up to do it.

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Well, if you wanted to know when the Covid emergency would be over, look no further than the perfect canary in the coal mine- the people making the garbage. The language is very clear; Pfizer and others are already planning for Covid sales to evaporate in 2023. Uncle sugar’s cash cow is about dead and big pharma executives indicate that commercial sales don’t look promising.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news...alyst-232944434.html

COVID is 'pretty much out of the models' for pharma companies: Wells Fargo analyst

Some health companies' quarterly earnings were boosted by COVID-19 products in the past few years, and most are starting to see a shift away from pandemic profits for 2023.

Wells Fargo analyst Mohit Bansal said as much about three companies reporting earnings this week: "COVID is pretty much out of the models. Pfizer (PFE) is probably the only one in our coverage where it is still a significant part of it because it was their biggest business last year."

In fact, between Pfizer, Merck (MRK) and Eli Lilly (LLY) this week — all of which had some COVID business— Pfizer is the only one that can still be evaluated on its pandemic business.

"You kind of have to look at Pfizer as two different businesses. They have an ex-COVID business and the COVID business," Bansal told Yahoo Finance.

But the company has been trying to pull the spotlight away from its COVID business, anticipating a decline in demand, and onto its broader pipeline, particularly as several blockbuster drugs will lose patent exclusivity in the next few years.

Pfizer expects a loss of $17 billion from its pending patent cliff, but CEO Albert Bourla said on an earnings call this week that there are 19 products in the pipeline that will balance out that loss from its internal pipeline and external acquisitions. Pfizer also projected a decrease in sales of both the vaccine, Comirnaty, and its treatment, Paxlovid.

Merck, meanwhile, has struggled with its COVID-19 business from the start. It failed to launch a vaccine, and its treatment, molnupiravir, has been a last resort for doctors. A recent study hasn't helped. The treatment has been linked to mutations of the virus — though none have been lethal or immune-evasive.

Still, its drug is being considered for use in China, and the U.S. is removing requirements of a COVID positive test in order to get access to the treatments, which could open up the market for the drug. In addition, the company has been producing COVID-19 vaccines for Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), which is also winding down its Covid business.

But Merck is also facing a patent cliff for its biggest blockbuster, cancer drug Keytruda, even as it is expecting a reformulation to extend the patent.

Meanwhile, Eli Lilly had a successful run with its COVID-19 monoclonal antibody, but the company recently took a hit on sales as the treatment is no longer effective against the latest variants. Its share of the COVID business is smaller, though.

Bansal noted that he had even forgotten about the antibody.

"Lilly is a really good growth story. ... I think today's weakness has less to do with the numbers, per se, and more to do with some rotation out of biotech and pharma," he said.

"Overall, COVID is pretty much going to be zero for them this year, and I don't think investors even think about (Eli Lilly's) COVID business," Bansal added.

The only other major COVID players, Moderna (MRNA) and Novavax (NVAX), are expected to report earnings and 2023 outlooks later this month. Both, along with Pfizer, face a shift to a commercial market for vaccines this year. The latter has struggled to gain traction in the U.S. and the government is no longer purchasing doses, the impact of which remains to be seen.

Pfizer's Bourla previously told Yahoo Finance he doesn't expect "that people will comply" with booster recommendations.

"Complacency will be getting in the way, so I see that volumes of people that will be getting the vaccines will be less," Bourla said.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Pfizer's Bourla previously told Yahoo Finance he doesn't expect "that people will comply" with booster recommendations.
Big Grin
"Complacency will be getting in the way...

Complacency?
Is that what you call it when people start learning the truth about your product?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

Had a yearly sleep center appointment to go over my CPAP and how it’s been going and they had “Masks Are Optional” signs up which was a good sign to me.

Maybe the tide IS finally turning

They are still masking in the hospitals and healthcare facilities here. I saw a woman sitting in a truck at a grocery store parking spot with her mask on. She was in the spot waiting for her groceries to be delivered to the truck. I’m thinking she was saving herself from herself. Then the grocery cart full of groceries get delivered, she takes off her mask and goes out and helps the store employee load the groceries standing a foot away from the employee. You just can’t fix it!

I dread having to go for my colonoscopy at the end of this month, I’m afraid refusing to wear a mask will result in the diameter of the scope to increase by 400%.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
How the “Unvaccinated” Got It Right
By Robin Koerner

https://brownstone.org/article...inated-got-it-right/

Good article, thanks.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today at the Yooper grocery store, the 20 something cashier was masked. And she took it down to talk to me. Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
How the “Unvaccinated” Got It Right
By Robin Koerner

https://brownstone.org/article...inated-got-it-right/

Good article, thanks.

Good article and if you go to the listed video of Scott Adams that was a good hr to spend watching it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
New Study Shows Ugly People More Likely To Wear Face Masks

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^^

IDK; I didn’t comply with masking and I ain’t no looka Razz

Seriously though, I firmly believe that the forced masking after terrifying folks with ridiculous death rates created a lot of mental illness that’s hard for some to drop and move on with their lives.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
^^^^

IDK; I didn’t comply with masking and I ain’t no looka Razz

Seriously though, I firmly believe that the forced masking after terrifying folks with ridiculous death rates created a lot of mental illness that’s hard for some to drop and move on with their lives.

We went on a 90 minute guided full moon snow shoe outing with about 15 people plus the guide. A family of 4 was masked the whole time. Outside, in the fresh air, with as much room to distance from others as you'd like.

Poor kids.

They were wearing high quality N95s, and inside I am inclined to allow the possibility a family member has a medical situation, so if they leave me alone it isn't my business. But outside it just shows their obedience to their cult.

Posts: 9452 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Please pray for my son who has been effected by this plandemic. As a pharmacist he did not take the shot would not administer the shot and told all not to take it. He is going through hell because of all this. It truly has been a hardship for his family

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
Please pray for my son who has been effected by this plandemic. As a pharmacist he did not take the shot would not administer the shot and told all not to take it. He is going through hell because of all this. It truly has been a hardship for his family

This is sad but par for the course today. He's not alone.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:

This is sad but par for the course today. He's not alone.

RMD

So true, I believe that the purge of military, government, government sub contractors, doctors, nurses, really all across the work place spectrum of people who think independently and not willing to knuckle down to their bullshit are all paying a heavy price.

This all reminds me of the Left Behind series where those who would not take the mark of the beast were hunted down and not allowed to participate in commerce.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
So true, I believe that the purge of military, government, government sub contractors, doctors, nurses, really all across the work place spectrum of people who think independently and not willing to knuckle down to their bullshit are all paying a heavy price.

I will pray for your son.
My wife (healthcare), daughter (.gov), and son-in-law (Navy) are experiencing similar treatment.

-rduckwor

I've always been Crazy!
kept me from goin Insane!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:

Don't worry at the current "suddenly died" rates there won't be many left to chastise them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.
Author unknown

Posts: 2181 | Location: Lyndon,KS | Registered: November 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post