SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
It’s all over on Feb 1.

Moving from pandemic to epidemic. Just like the common cold, influenza and chickenpox.

I think the correct word is endemic.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16513 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
quote:
It’s all over on Feb 1.

Moving from pandemic to epidemic. Just like the common cold, influenza and chickenpox.

I think the correct word is endemic.

Yes … thank you … fogged up momentarily

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered the test kits. I just want to see if USPS can actually deliver them. And how long it takes to actually get them.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16083 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
It’s all over on Feb 1.

Moving from pandemic to endemic. Just like the common cold, influenza and chickenpox.
What is significant about that date?

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
It’s all over on Feb 1.

Moving from pandemic to endemic. Just like the common cold, influenza and chickenpox.
What is significant about that date?

Nothing in particular (Gutfeld! spoke to it one night; post-omicron blip, call it done) … It’s fairly arbitrary yet I concur!

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nothing in particular (Gutfeld! spoke to it one night; post-omicron blip, call it done) … It’s fairly arbitrary yet I concur!

Well, sounds good to me. I put it in the calender...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30403 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
It’s all over on Feb 1.

I think this administration is going to find it very, very, hard to unwind this and declare victory when a substantial portion of the population has been turned into insane hypochondriacs by the continual flow of lies and BS over the past two years. No one trusts government at this point, so their trying to post a win on this one by shutting it all down is going to be an almost impossible goal.

And just as an aside, ya'll can have my allotted test kits. I'm so over all this BS that I want nothing more to do with anything having to do with it.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Having just gotten over COVID and they talk so much about different variants and supposedly Omicron having less severe symptoms, why is it a person is not told what variant they have when they test positive? I was fully vaccinated and I suffered pretty bad symptoms. I would like to know which one I had. Are they even really checking?

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are they even really checking?

No… it’s much more complicated than the tests can determine.
It requires genetic sequencing.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
February 1st is something Scott Adams (Dilbert fame) and Greg Gutfeld have been talking about since right before Christmas. Basically Adams said the American people need to just pick a date and be done with the whole covid thing because if they don't the government never will and it will continue forever.

Greg Gutfeld, Scott Adams Agree: Americans Need ‘a Hostage Negotiator’ to Free Them from Our Government

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/c...tiator-free-them-our

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t be surprised if he declares victory at the SOTU address. March 1.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Scott Adams for President !!! Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
The Official Big Pharma, Big Media COVID19 Narrative Completely Crumbling - Dr. Peter McCullough
A question for the healthcare folks on the site. I'm currently taking Zinc, Vitamin D, and Vitamin C though at lower dosages than Per Dr. Peter McCullough recommends. My question...I 'thought' the maximum quantity of Vitamin C the body could absorb daily was 500mg. I assume I'm wrong in my knowledge/understanding? The good doctor recommends 2000mg of Vitamin C per day in this video. I'm not overly concerned about Vitamin D as I'm outside in the sun much of every day.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
There’s a lot of debate regarding high-dose Vitamin C but in my opinion it works and no one really knows how or why. Growing up, my stepmother gave us around 1,500 mg worth of chewable Vitamin C and a large glass of orange juice daily and we rarely ever had colds or flu.

Did you know the story of how Brits came to be called “Limeys”?

The British sailors often suffered from survey and other ailments but whenever they were able to get large supplies of limes and other citrus fruits from tropical ports, and each sailor was issued a daily ration of a couple of them, these sicknesses miraculously disappeared.

Posts: 33787 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was told that Vitamin C is water soluble and not stored in the body so when go pee pee any unused Vitamin C is excreted. I hope this helps. God Bless !!! Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
https://www.lifeextension.com/...min-c-misconceptions

Absorption of Differing Vitamin C Doses
Figure 1. line graph on the absorption of differing vitamin c doses

Figure 1: The red line on the chart below shows a sharp increase in blood (plasma) vitamin C levels at 200 mg daily dosing. The blue line depicts the smaller additional increases in response to higher vitamin C doses (400-2,500 mg).10

For intakes of vitamin C up to 200 mg, 70%-90% of the ingested vitamin C is absorbed as indicated by the plasma levels achieved.

At doses greater than 200 mg, the proportion of absorbed vitamin C decreases

Therefore, although higher doses (400-2,500 mg) result in greater plasma levels, the proportion of the dose that is absorbed is significantly diminished.

A new formulation overcomes this limitation, resulting in a greater proportion of the vitamin being absorbed and remaining at a higher and sustained blood plasma level throughout the day.
Higher Doses Only Partially Work

What some people do is take higher vitamin C doses (1,000-2,500 mg) that provide a slightly longer degree of acting protection.

These higher doses, however, do not increase vitamin C blood levels at the same rate that occurs with the initial 200 mg dose.

To put this in perspective, the body rapidly absorbs the initial 200 mg of vitamin C swallowed, and partially absorbs some of the excess beyond 200 mg. The remainder is removed through the bowels, sometimes in the form of diarrhea.

Some people use high-dose vitamin C powder combined with magnesium and/or potassium as a laxative.

The primary objective, however, is to achieve higher and sustained vitamin C levels in the bloodstream and cells.

Figure 1 on this page shows vitamin C plasma levels spiking sharply higher with the first 200 mg taken daily, with only modest plasma increases at doses ranging from 400-2,500 mg.

See magazine for more detailed info and charts:

https://www.lifeextension.com/magazine/2021/11

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I ordered the test kits. I just want to see if USPS can actually deliver them. And how long it takes to actually get them.
Yoop, I saw a box of the test kits at a BP gas station today and the cashier said 20 bucks a kit. Someone trying to make money on these. Like CBD products and cronky virus masks, hand sanitizer, the kits will be as easy to find as a Hershey bar. I didnt see anyone eager to buy a 20 dollar kit.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
I wouldn’t be surprised if he declares victory at the SOTU address. March 1.
Gotta tune in for that... Big Grin. What will Nancy do with her copy of this awsome speech? Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
The Official Big Pharma, Big Media COVID19 Narrative Completely Crumbling - Dr. Peter McCullough
A question for the healthcare folks on the site. I'm currently taking Zinc, Vitamin D, and Vitamin C though at lower dosages than Per Dr. Peter McCullough recommends. My question...I 'thought' the maximum quantity of Vitamin C the body could absorb daily was 500mg. I assume I'm wrong in my knowledge/understanding? The good doctor recommends 2000mg of Vitamin C per day in this video. I'm not overly concerned about Vitamin D as I'm outside in the sun much of every day.

As soon as I found out my wife had COVID, then during my time fighting it, and still right now I am taking 500mg of Vitamin C once in the morning and once at night. I figure with something like Vitamin C, your body will use what it can and eliminate the rest in urine. I am not a doctor so I could be wrong.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:

As soon as I found out my wife had COVID, then during my time fighting it, and still right now I am taking 500mg of Vitamin C once in the morning and once at night. I figure with something like Vitamin C, your body will use what it can and eliminate the rest in urine. I am not a doctor so I could be wrong.
You are right. I've been taking C 500 and sometimes 1000 mic mic for 4 decades. All is normal. At 63 I still got a pretty good immune system. Wish I could find D3 as a suppliment or what foods.