SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by charlie12:
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
^^^You CANNOT spread it AFTER you've recovered...You can only spread it while you're contagious, which is when you have the active infection!

I was wondering about that. I tested + and my 5 day return to work time ended yesterday (I'm retired anyway) But my girlfriend tested + yesterday.

Now I have a VA appointment Jan 26 to get my new hearing aids. So would it be ok to keep my appointment?

If you feel okay, Absolutely.
You caught it sometime before you started feeling sick. Then got tested then recovered for 5 days, your appointment is still a week off. 12+ days allows the contagious period to elapse.

Posts: 1040 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sweden Scraps Demand for Negative COVID-19 Test to Enter Country

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...country_4222954.html

STOCKHOLM—Travelers to Sweden will no longer be required to show a negative COVID-19 test before entering the country, the government said on Tuesday.

Sweden introduced rules for a recent negative COVID-19 test on Dec. 28 last year in a bid to slow the spread of the more contagious Omicron variant. Since then, Sweden has repeatedly set new daily case records with Omicron now the totally dominant variant.

“Travelers are no longer considered to pose a particular risk of affecting the spread of Omicron in Sweden,” the government said in a statement.

Sweden has recorded more than 20,000 new daily cases over the past few days, roughly double the previous record from earlier waves.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Wow, England and now Sweden? Is the insanity starting to come to an end?

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
It's good that Sweden is dropping the requirement but it doesn't make sense based on their original basis. What's driving them to drop the requirement? Is it political (ie - Biden influence)?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
The narrative is falling apart, piece by piece

The momentum feels to me like it is accelerating... Here are four important new developments you should be aware of.

Steve Kirsch

Here are some narrative pieces that have been falling apart that were recently brought to my attention.

Here are the four new truths:

1. The vaccines make you more likely to get COVID: It was supposed to make things better, but we’re basically mandating you get a shot that makes you more likely to get infected. That is totally insane, but that’s what we are doing. Check out the graphs here. No age confounding this time: UK Government Data proves the Covid-19 Vaccines DOUBLE your chances of catching Covid-19.
https://dailyexpose.uk/2022/01...e-of-catching-covid/

2. The vaccines aren’t safe: I’m now hearing a lot from prominent formerly pro-vax docs that they are turning on the vaccine. This is great news. Nobody is going public yet, but they are all pissed and realize they have been misled. It will not be pretty. This is of course great news.

3. Cloth masks don’t work: The CDC finally admits that cloth masks that they said worked before and that everyone wore (including Rochelle Walensky) don’t actually work. The other mask types don’t work either, but it will take them longer to figure out the obvious. P100 respirators do work but only a small percentage of people know that. I can’t wait to see Rochelle Walensky wear a P100 respirator; after all, she should be modelling best practices.

4. Kids shouldn’t have boosters shots: Top WHO scientist finally admits that kids shouldn’t get boosted!!!! Yet the US colleges and universities aren’t going to back off. Someone is very wrong here and for once it isn’t the WHO.

Top WHO scientist Dr. @doctorsoumya says there's no evidence healthy children and adolescents need #COVID19 boosters.

Here are some older truths that should have been realized by now, but are still going on:

1. Remdesivir is killing patients, not saving them: RDV is standard operating procedure in the US, but everyone I talk to says it doesn’t work and is much more likely to kill patients than save them. Doctors are forced to give it by hospital policy.

2. Social distancing doesn’t work: The MIT study came out in April, 2021 that showed social distancing makes no difference. 6 feet or 60 feet made no difference. People still haven’t figured this out.

https://stevekirsch.substack.c...-falling-apart-piece

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

It seems good but I'm skeptical - feels like something is up.....

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Starbucks scraps "vaccine" mandate...

https://www.dailywire.com/news...%22Facebook%22%7D%7D

Doesn't matter. That place is still on my "DO NOT ENTER" list...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:

Restrictions including COVID-19 passes, mask mandates, and work-from-home guidance will be removed in England, UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced on Wednesday.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

And he's only doing this to save HIS OWN ASS, the British people are furious at him and his staff for the repeated flouting of Covid lockdown rules/laws last year where they had numerous parties when his own government banned them for everyday people and sent police around to peer into people's windows to break up any gatherings and even arrest people for it.

No, he's not doing this because he really wants it to be over, he just doesn't want to be forced out as Prime Minister which I think is coming any day now.

Posts: 33807 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
The narrative is falling apart, piece by piece

The narrative fell apart long ago for many of us; the additional data is supplemental, not influential.

For the sheep, data is ignored, or the narrative is accepted carte blanche. Existing data / new data is not influential. Only the narrative (what .gov is telling people) matters.

On the presumption that the left is still pursuing riches and power, where is the narrative moving to?

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
On the presumption that the left is still pursuing riches and power, where is the narrative moving to?

They have shifted their focus towards 'voting rights', or stealing the next election.

Expect Fauci to retire this year
America's (most political) Doctor knows which way the wind is blowing

https://alexberenson.substack....-to-retire-this-year

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

They have shifted their focus towards 'voting rights', or stealing the next election.

Please note that I'm neither trying to be argumentative with you nor seeking answers from you specifically. It's just your posts trigger some questions that makes me wonder about some things.

I agree that they are focused on voting and elections but that's been the case for awhile. That just assures they stay in office and not necessarily add to riches or power. The pandemic was an exercise in power and control. They will likely not give up any gains they have made, rather try to maintain and/or extend from here.

One wonders what approach they will take from now.

ETA: Fauci shouldn't retire - he should be tried for crimes against humanity.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Starbucks scraps "vaccine" mandate...

https://www.dailywire.com/news...%22Facebook%22%7D%7D

Doesn't matter. That place is still on my "DO NOT ENTER" list...

That's easy for you to say - you're not a homeless meth-head that needs to use the bathroom there. Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^But you ARE vaccinated...

Is your employer requiring testing for everyone, because if so, they should pay for it. And if testing is mandated, then EVERYONE should be tested, not just the Unvaccinated...The 'science' (and all existing data!) clearly indicates that the Vaccinated are just as likely (if not more likely) to become infected and transmit the Coronavirus!

I am vaccinated, but I don't plan on giving them my medical records whether demanded by fed.gov or my employer.

I don't believe in the mandate, so I will not play their little game. I'll wait til they put in writing they will fire me, then I will get tested weekly.

As far as I know every single person except maybe one (1/3 our staff) in the last few months that got it were all vaccinated. Some caught it multiple times after injection/infection.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
quote:

It seems good but I'm skeptical - feels like something is up.....

In the case of the UK, it's a desperate Prime Minister trying to not get thrown out of office.

This is his Hail Mary

Not sure it works, people over there are very angry about this whole Partygate debacle.

Posts: 33807 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
The Narrative is Crumbling - 16 Reasons Why

-rduckwor

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
^^^But you ARE vaccinated...

Is your employer requiring testing for everyone, because if so, they should pay for it. And if testing is mandated, then EVERYONE should be tested, not just the Unvaccinated...The 'science' (and all existing data!) clearly indicates that the Vaccinated are just as likely (if not more likely) to become infected and transmit the Coronavirus!

I am vaccinated, but I don't plan on giving them my medical records whether demanded by fed.gov or my employer.

I don't believe in the mandate, so I will not play their little game. I'll wait til they put in writing they will fire me, then I will get tested weekly.

As far as I know every single person except maybe one (1/3 our staff) in the last few months that got it were all vaccinated. Some caught it multiple times after injection/infection.

Fair enough...I thought you had already received the ultimatum on providing proof of vaccination, and assumed you'd complied against your will.

I know you had been considering non-compliance at the threat of your employment, but seem to recall you had reconsidered as it wasn't worth it to lose your job considering you had gotten 'injected' by your own choice.

Nevermind... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8883 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

February 1st. Mark it in the calendar.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Chris Stigall:

Federal government:

“FREE masks! FREE tests! FREE shots!”

Taxpayers:

Link

Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know the shelf life and required storage conditions for the at home test?

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^The COVID Test Kits I received in Mid-December from the State of NH indicate the following:

Manufacture Date: 10/7/21
Use Before/Expiration Date: 9/17/23
Storage Conditions: 59-86 Degrees F (15-30 Degrees C)

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8883 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post