SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 ... 1204
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
The Official Big Pharma, Big Media COVID19 Narrative Completely Crumbling - Dr. Peter McCullough
A question for the healthcare folks on the site. I'm currently taking Zinc, Vitamin D, and Vitamin C though at lower dosages than Per Dr. Peter McCullough recommends. My question...I 'thought' the maximum quantity of Vitamin C the body could absorb daily was 500mg. I assume I'm wrong in my knowledge/understanding? The good doctor recommends 2000mg of Vitamin C per day in this video. I'm not overly concerned about Vitamin D as I'm outside in the sun much of every day.

As soon as I found out my wife had COVID, then during my time fighting it, and still right now I am taking 500mg of Vitamin C once in the morning and once at night. I figure with something like Vitamin C, your body will use what it can and eliminate the rest in urine. I am not a doctor so I could be wrong.
You are right. I've been taking C 500 and sometimes 1000 mic mic for 4 decades. All is normal. At 63 I still got a pretty good immune system. Wish I could find D3 as a suppliment or what foods.

David,

My email address is in my profile. Send me an address that I can send you some Vitamin D3 to and I will send you some.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
...and still right now I am taking 500mg of Vitamin C once in the morning and once at night. I figure with something like Vitamin C, your body will use what it can and eliminate the rest in urine. I am not a doctor so I could be wrong.
And that specifically was my question. Can the human body absorb more than 500mg of Vitamin C per day? I have no issue upping my intake of Vitamin C 'if' my body will absorb and use it.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
The Official Big Pharma, Big Media COVID19 Narrative Completely Crumbling - Dr. Peter McCullough
A question for the healthcare folks on the site. I'm currently taking Zinc, Vitamin D, and Vitamin C though at lower dosages than Per Dr. Peter McCullough recommends. My question...I 'thought' the maximum quantity of Vitamin C the body could absorb daily was 500mg. I assume I'm wrong in my knowledge/understanding? The good doctor recommends 2000mg of Vitamin C per day in this video. I'm not overly concerned about Vitamin D as I'm outside in the sun much of every day.

As soon as I found out my wife had COVID, then during my time fighting it, and still right now I am taking 500mg of Vitamin C once in the morning and once at night. I figure with something like Vitamin C, your body will use what it can and eliminate the rest in urine. I am not a doctor so I could be wrong.
You are right. I've been taking C 500 and sometimes 1000 mic mic for 4 decades. All is normal. At 63 I still got a pretty good immune system. Wish I could find D3 as a suppliment or what foods.

David,

My email address is in my profile. Send me an address that I can send you some Vitamin D3 to and I will send you some.
Thank you. I will absolutely do this.

Posts: 17890 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Approved under a EUA like the shots, Evusheld has been approved for immunocompromised people. Google isn’t helpful with finding opinions, input, or adverse reactions to Evusheld (shocking!) but my wife’s oncologist is strongly recommending it since she hasn’t had Covid and within a year of a stem cell transplant.

Does anyone happen to have any insight or information showing good, bad, and everything in between not on the FDA or AstraZeneca site?

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 659 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

David,

Thank you. I will absolutely do this.[/QUOTE]

We use this brand for pretty much all oral supplements except fish oil. I’ve been happy with them for years.

Garden of Life Vitamin D, Vitamin Code Raw D3, Vitamin D 5,000 IU, Raw Whole Food Vitamin D Supplements with Chlorella, Fruit, Veggies & Probiotics for Bone & Immune Health, 60 Vegetarian Capsules https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005..._encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Posts: 6354 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
...and still right now I am taking 500mg of Vitamin C once in the morning and once at night. I figure with something like Vitamin C, your body will use what it can and eliminate the rest in urine. I am not a doctor so I could be wrong.
And that specifically was my question. Can the human body absorb more than 500mg of Vitamin C per day? I have no issue upping my intake of Vitamin C 'if' my body will absorb and use it.

Generally no, you'll just eliminate much over 400-500mg. I'll see if I can find it but I recall a very interesting study on this. You may be able to find it quite some googling but it may only be accessible on academic sites. Anyways, what a few studies found was that the only people that can absorb more than a few hundred to 500mg in general were elite level athletes due to some differences in their metabolism. Though even for them it wasn't a lot more, I want to say they didn't find anybody that could absorb over 1000mg or so, but that's based on memory from a few years ago.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Don't forget zinc. It's as necessary as C and D3.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by BOATTRASH1:
Just ordered ours. Paid for them, might as well get them...

But why? To test yourself for a cold at this point?

I really don't understand this obsession with testing asymptomatic/healthy people, what is the end goal here?

1. As Para said, I said why in plain English!

2. Who the Hell said I was going to test myself if I was asymptomatic? I have 4 test kits that I bought last year(on the advice of my DR., not some guy on the internet) and even though I have had "a cold" since then I have not used them.

But you can bet your ass that if my wife or I become symptomatic they will get used as a diagnostic to determine if we need to seek proper therapeutic treatments.

As a person with some cardiac issues I'd like to stay ahead of this crap if I get it.

Posts: 1198 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vitamin D3 and Zinc are the keys. Vitamin C is obviously good all around - but its a distant 3rd to the other two supplements. Stay loaded on D3. (with or without Covid)

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Free covid tests, why? What good will it do except boost the numbers for fear mongering.
Vaccinations, stimulus checks, masks, I refuse to partake in any of it.

Will boycotting it do any good? Probably not but I will continue to do so, just as I will not shop at Wal-Mart, Amazon, Dicks. Or buy Benchmade, Blackrifle, and now Carhart.

Posts: 437 | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The virus will mutate until it is virtually a light cold. The traitors in charge don’t want this to end- they hold a grip on the country through fear and division. A significant portion of the country have bought into this insanity. Even if the virus becomes as benign as any seasonal malady, it will be detectable as the boogeyman they have made it out to be. The fact that a German company has been invited into the country to open a plant that produces test kits should be all the proof you need that the left wants this to go on for a long time.

It’s a vicious cycle to the fear ridden in this country. Test for Covid! Get a positive test! Reel in fear of the dreaded virus! Accept and even willingly join the effort to shut down, mask up, and heap scorn on the unvaccinated and get those recurring boosters because OMG COVID INFECTIONS ARE RISING! They’ve turned this into a lucrative industry and global totalitarian control in the same stroke.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15497 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
The traitors in charge don’t want this to end- they hold a grip on the country through fear and division. A significant portion of the country have bought into this insanity.

Exactly.

It's the same thing and the same people pushing this J6 Committee in Congress. They will use fear and division to exert power and control over the rest of us.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23931 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Add my employer to the list of companies who says we don't care what SCOTUS says, we're still doing a mandate.

Guess I'm going to have to order those free tests. Not sure what to do after I take it? Mail it to HQ?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20746 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^But you ARE vaccinated...

Is your employer requiring testing for everyone, because if so, they should pay for it. And if testing is mandated, then EVERYONE should be tested, not just the Unvaccinated...The 'science' (and all existing data!) clearly indicates that the Vaccinated are just as likely (if not more likely) to become infected and transmit the Coronavirus!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8773 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
^^^But you ARE vaccinated...

Is your employer requiring testing for everyone, because if so, they should pay for it. And if testing is mandated, then EVERYONE should be tested, not just the Unvaccinated...The 'science' (and all existing data!) clearly indicates that the Vaccinated are just as likely (if not more likely) to become infected and transmit the Coronavirus!

They are far more likely to spread it imo; some of these people still act like the “vaccines” are some kind of force field that repels Covid. They get the wuflu, and walk around thinking it’s something else because they’ve been “protected”.

Meanwhile, the unvaccinated that have had it cannot even harbor it, much less spread it for a significant period of time after recovery.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15497 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^You CANNOT spread it AFTER you've recovered...You can only spread it while you're contagious, which is when you have the active infection!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8773 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I have had very few jobs, but the few I had taught me the most important lesson.

When an employer is stupid about one thing, they're either stupid about a number of things, or they're about to be.

The first sign of stupidity is the best time to depart.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15688 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Well I was running a little temp last Monday. Slight sore throat. I went and got tested and it showed +.
I had a little fever for about 4 days. My girlfriend has been sick starting a few days after I tested and she tested + yesterday.

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
^^^You CANNOT spread it AFTER you've recovered...You can only spread it while you're contagious, which is when you have the active infection!

I was wondering about that. I tested + and my 5 day return to work time ended yesterday (I'm retired anyway) But my girlfriend tested + yesterday.

Now I have a VA appointment Jan 26 to get my new hearing aids. So would it be ok to keep my appointment?

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
England Ends All COVID Passports, Mask Mandates, Work Restrictions

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...LKjgAkSxda9U8%2B%2BJ

Restrictions including COVID-19 passes, mask mandates, and work-from-home guidance will be removed in England, UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced on Wednesday.

Johnson also suggested that self-isolation rules may also be thrown out at the end of March as the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus pandemic becomes endemic.

Effective immediately, the UK government is no longer asking people to work from home.

The COVID pass mandate for nightclubs and large events won’t be renewed when it expires on Jan. 26.

And from Thursday, indoor mask-wearing will no longer be compulsory anywhere in England.

The requirement for secondary school pupils to wear masks during class and in communal areas will also be removed from the Department for Education’s national guidance.

Roaring cheers from lawmakers could be heard in the House of Commons following Johnson’s announcements on masks.

“As COVID becomes endemic, we will need to replace legal requirements with advice and guidance, urging people with the virus to be careful and considerate of others,” the prime minister said.

Asked to remove testing rules for vaccinated UK-bound travellers, Johnson said the government is reviewing the testing arrangements on travel and that an announcement can be expected in the coming days.

But he refused to reconsider the vaccination mandate for frontline health care workers, insisting “the evidence is clear that health care professionals should get vaccinated.”

Johnson told MPs that the Cabinet decided to remove its so-called “Plan B” measures on Wednesday morning as data suggest the Omicron wave has peaked nationally, and he attributed stabilising hospital admission numbers to “the extraordinary booster campaign” and the public’s compliance to the restriction measures.

The removal of the “Plan B” measures against the CCP virus came as the prime minister battles increasing pressure calling for him to resign over alleged lockdown-breaching parties in Number 10 Downing Street, the prime minister’s official residence, during the pandemic.

It also came after Number 10 received a petition on Monday signed by more than 200,000 people, calling for an end to vaccine passports and similar COVID certifications.

A separate petition calling on the reversal of vaccine mandates for health care workers, which was also delivered to Number 10 on Monday, received about 160,000 signatures.

Governments in Scotland and Wales have also announced the removal of Omicron curbs, but mandatory indoor mask-wearing and COVID passes will remain in place.

Posts: 12562 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post