SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:

Like it or not, you are paying for 4-free COVID test kits for every household.

Orders can now be placed here:
4 - Free COVID test kits.
Tried to order for delivery to my business address, got an error message stating that an order had already been placed for that address.

WTF? USPS database does not "know" that this is a business address, and many individuals might receive mail at this address?

More geniuses at work. Empirical data suggest that government geniuses outnumber non-government geniuses by a large margin. Razz

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
These kits consist of what?

The tests I received consist of a Nasal Swab, a Tube of Test Solution, and a Test Strip which indicates the results. Also included are instruction/documentation. Reading the results appears similar to a home pregnancy type test.

Each test kit includes Qty. 2 COVID Tests, so technically I received Qty. 4 Test Kits for a total of Qty. 8 COVID Tests.

The entire kit (all components) are Made in USA!

Para - I seriously considered offering/shipping you a test kit back when you had indicated you thought you may have had COVID (Omicron) but felt that by the time it got to you, it would no longer provide a valid test result due to the elapsed time from your initial symptoms and subsequent recovery.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8887 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can I test my dog and pet goldfish?? I read they could be carriers as well.
I am writing huge HUGE check today for quarterly extimated taxes. I wanna get the tests I DESERVE.

What a waste. The average American could not follow the instructions for a soil testing kit. This is really gonna help.

Do the instructions indicate which orifice to swab??

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Just ordered ours. Paid for them, might as well get them...

Posts: 1223 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
Like it or not, you are paying for 4-free COVID test kits for every household.

Orders can now be placed here:
4 - Free COVID test kits.

I ordered mine, and it looked like it went through, even though I think this is just a huge waste of money that will do nothing. Either a family is going to quickly burn through all 4 kits the moment someone gets a headache or a sniffle, or they’ll just sit around in a drawer, until they expire. Most likely people in the second group will be making a ton of money selling their tests to the first group, for who there won’t be nearly enough tests because they’ll be in short supply.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I thought this was not supposed to start until tomorrow. I went ahead and ordered mine. Yeah I too feel these will get wasted as people will use them at first sign of feeling ill. I did not test positive until day number 3 of feeling like total hell and having a 103 fever each day.

Or people will use them just to make sure they don’t have it before they go visit a group of people. They will test negative and think they are safe. Well you are contagious 1-2 days before you ever have any type of symptoms. This is exactly how I got it. My wife and some of her friends wanted to get together so they all tested to make sure they were negative. Well one of them had it and gave it to all of them. My wife then gave it to me.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BOATTRASH1:

But why? To test yourself for a cold at this point?

I really don't understand this obsession with testing asymptomatic/healthy people, what is the end goal here?

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Debt per Citizen = $89,667
Debt per Taxpayer = $238,534

How can this be? Aren't these kits retail $24? Or maybe even $50? But these are retail prices. If we get four, that should be $200 max including shipping.

How does this get to cost of more than $1000 per person, let alone 5 or 6 figures?

The BinaxNow 15 minute test is $21 at drug stores; Sam’s had them for $14 for a 2 pack. When dealing in volume, prices are supposed to go down, not up. But the democRATs will see to it that they are exponentially more expensive so their cronies make huge bank off of our tax dollars…for the children..or something.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcereuss:
Not to mention that *anyplace* I've seen that requires a negative test for travel/entry/goods/service is specifically requiring a "third party" test result--stating specifically that home test results will not be accepted.

Yes, a PCR test is required for travel. This is an antigen test and not acceptable for travel. A PCR test is much more sensitive.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
And lets not forget that these rapid tests are notoriously unreliable.

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

But why? To test yourself for a cold at this point?

I really don't understand this obsession with testing asymptomatic/healthy people, what is the end goal here?

The goal is to keep the fear up and look like the administration is doing something, instead of just flopping around. It’s a Hail Mary Save Joe Biden’s presidency play, using the taxpayer’s money. It will fail.

Buy as for why get them, why not? They are already bought and paid for, whether you choose to get yours or not. You aren’t saving anything by not taking them. Plus, I’ll wager there will a huge resale market of these on eBay once they start hitting mailboxes (assuming they don’t get stolen along the way).

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about this - if you feel like shit - stay home. Odds are well north of 99% that you will feel much better in 7-10 days. No kit required. And as mentioned - you will need a complete PCR to travel out of the continental US anyway.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
But why?
He told you why, in plain English.

Posts: 107593 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
And lets not forget that these rapid tests are notoriously unreliable.

No shitola, two family members tested positive with these home tests, went to the county testing center the next day, negative.

JMO they are darn near worthless, home tests with large margin for errors considering you have people who don't know jack shit about medical testing, testing themselves.

Posts: 23454 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
On the one hand, I’m happy to go along with “I’ve paid for them, I might as well have them.” I could donate them to friends who get more worked up about testing than I do, if nothing else.

On the other hand, I like to imagine some number of millions of us not bothering to order them, letting them pile up in a warehouse, and hoping that big pileup is a visual signal that We the People didn’t want this crap in the first place.

Then again, in the second scenario, it doesn’t really matter much – once they’ve made it to the warehouse, the manufacturers have already realized the revenue (or at least invoiced it). It wouldn’t bite the profiteers at all….

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Cross Border Trucker Vaccine Protest Continues – First Warnings Issued for Food Supply Disruption and Higher Prices

There are two merging inflection points set to hit the public in a few days.

The first, is a much faster collapse in credibility for those who are pushing the vaccine benefit narrative. The second, the more widespread appearance of shortages for food and basic essentials. These two broad narratives are going to merge.

The cross-border vaccination mandate protests by truckers are continuing in Canada and at areas near the U.S-Canada border. The vaccine mandate for the Canadian side began on January 15th. The mandate for the U.S. truckers begins January 22nd. Both groups are currently slow-rolling the protest in/around the border crossings.

A coordinated Trucker Protest on the Canadian side is scheduled for January 23rd {LINK}, coincidentally the same time as a protest rally in Washington DC by members of the healthcare industry. It is not coincidental that retail executives in the grocery industry are starting to prepare people in Canada for major grocery shortages ...

https://theconservativetreehou...n-and-higher-prices/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Oh ffs. Now what are we needing to stock up on?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I got this e-mail this morning from our Medicare Advantage insurance company. The "experts" have been saying all along that the elderly are some of the most susceptible to this killer virus, but Biden forgot to supply those of us on Medicare with the free at-home test that everybody else can get. The e-mail did specify that if a doctor orders the test, then we can go to a walk-in clinic & have it done and submit it to the insurance company.

Here's what it said:

"It was announced this week that President Biden’s administration is requiring insurance companies and group health plans to cover the cost of over-the-counter, at-home COVID-19 tests purchased on or after January 15, 2022.

However, the Biden administration did not include Medicare in this requirement, noting that at this time Original Medicare will not pay for at-home tests through this program."

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
https://www.americanthinker.co...of_the_pandemic.html

The Political Timing of the End of the Pandemic, by Thomas Buckley (former mayor of Lake Elsinore and a former newspaper reporter)

At some point in the relatively near future, President Joe Biden will be handed a speech that will read something like this:

“My Fellow Americans -- Our long national nightmare is over. The pandemic is a thing of the past and I am ordering the end of all federal COVID-related efforts and I implore those governors who have not lifted their emergency orders to do so immediately. It’s time for all of us to get back to normal.”

Given Biden’s speech and cognition issues, he will most likely actually say ‘My Felericans -- our long natural fair is covered,” but that is beside the point -- his political facts of life demand that this moment must occur within the next few months.

With the abject failure -- so far -- of his massive wokedream spending package and the egregious attempt to federalize all elections, the Biden administration needs a very big win before November, and what could be simpler and easier than simply declaring one? Democrat hopes that the January 6 “insurrection” would provide one seem to be coming up short, despite someone, desperately in need of a talking point, recently shaking Attorney General Merrick Garland by the lapels to get him to finally file the first and only “sedition” related charges. (It should be noted here that people who engage in treason tend not to leave their guns at home to comply with local law, or call a few days later to ask if they accidentally left their coat behind, or make sure that the whole thing is wrapped up in time for dinner… but I digress.)

Now, predictions are like politicians -- everyone’s got one and they are usually wrong. However, as to this issue, the only question is one of timing: political timing.

Laying the groundwork (or softening up the enemy, whichever is preferred) is underway; the prequel to official vanquishing of the virus has already begun.

It is not coincidental that the media -- and even the CDC -- has been recently noting there may actually be a difference between dying “with COVID” and “from COVID.” There has also been some movement on focusing on death rates instead of case rates, especially since Omicron tends not to be much worse than the icky sniffles and the fact that triple-masked, restaurant scolding, self-quarantining, uber-vaccinated types are getting Omicron in large numbers and adding to the once all-telling, panic driving case count.

To be blunt, this effort has been about as subtle as Ralphie’s attempts to get a Red Ryder BB gun in A Christmas Story, but even some of these baby steps -- clomps, really -- have provoked outrage from pandemic purists, hence the delicacy. The backlash from the true believers to the CDC mentioning that maybe people should only quarantine for five days instead of 10 was swift and harsh and would have been hysterical if it weren’t so troubling.

The dedicated pandemicists who have defined their lives over the past 20-odd months by their strict adherence to the SCIENCE reacted to the news as if they were members of an end-of-the-world cult after a predicted doomsday came and went without a whimper. “Oh, sorry -- we sure the world is still going to end on a Thursday but it turns out we’re not really sure which Thursday of what year, so please stick with us” the cult leaders try to tell their followers shortly before they are torn limb from limb. It must be a terrible thing to have the very core of one’s existence shattered by a bureaucrat; therefore the word must come from “on high” if they are to be kept quiet.

For most other people, the reaction to such an announcement will range from “no kidding, Sherlock,” to being somewhat pleased they can now go to a party without going to the doctor first, to glad they don’t have to remember to carry a mask around, to happy (maybe?) the kids are back in school for good this time and back again to “no kidding, Sherlock.”

But what Biden and the Democrats are really hoping for is a reaction of “thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, you’re our savior -- how many times can we vote for the people you want us to vote for?”

Which brings us back to the matter of timing -- too soon and your message of “I freed you, now you must vote for me” may lose its impact by November; too late and the national angst may build even further and, crucially, you miss the primary season.

Of course, it would be handy to tie the announcement to some real or manufactured “good news” on the virus, but it’s not strictly necessary -- why bother to stop playing politics with COVID now?

Announcing in early May -- which could have a nice “you’re now allowed to go have a Memorial Day backyard barbecue!” hook -- would help certain candidates in some rather key states -- Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Georgia, for example, all hold votes in that month with New Jersey, California, and New York going to the polls shortly thereafter.

The problem with this timing is that it could come too late to influence early/absentee voters, which is - as we have seen -- an extremely important voting bloc for Democrats. To tap that vein would necessitate an April announcement -- about no more than 10 weeks away, which could be too soon.

Tying it, as Biden attempted to do last year, to the next major holiday -- the Fourth of July -- would give a bit more time for the seeds of the strategy to be sown and could inculcate fond and strong memories in people but it does miss the important primary window (and making an announcement in April that everything will be over by then misses the entire point of the effort and is too muddy and too unbelievable to move the needle).

Which brings us to just before Labor Day, which is handy to jump-start fall campaigns but could be too late to build up any general goodwill.

As for just holding on like grim death to the power they have accrued (and the ratings and clicks they have gotten) over the past 20 months, even lifelong criminals know in their hearts when the jig is up and the marching orders will be reluctantly followed. The faceless (literally in this case) bureaucrats may whine and moan but they will eventually slither away -- like the tree in the forest, if no one hears a public health official order masks for two-year-olds, does it really happen? Anyway, they can just wait around for -- or create -- the next one.

So mark your calendars, my Felericans -- we shall soon be able to breathe free.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
It’s all over on Feb 1.

Moving from pandemic to endemic. Just like the common cold, influenza and chickenpox.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post