SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
at some point to stop this nonsense, perhaps it might be close to the time where we start suing doctors for malpractice when they vaccinate children and people not at risk

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
The Delta Variant is the BEST news that could possibly crop up. In the history of all infectious diseases, the more virulent the material (whether virus or microbe), the less lethal it is. It's simple math. In addition, b/c the endogenous form of the virus elicits an effective immune response that strongly appears to provide greater protection that any vaccine (see my comments throughout this thread touching upon multivalency as that's been a given from the start), the Delta Variant will provide better global immunity with fewer consequences than the original strain... w/o the need for a vaccine.

What I am amazed at is that it's not difficult to learn how a virus works, how one's immune system functions and how vaccines work.... yet most of the human race can't get off their ass and learn something about a subject that has impacted their lives. Sadly, most people truly are sheep and there's no vaccine for apathy / stupidity.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Delta Variant is the BEST news that could possibly crop up. In the history of all infectious diseases, the more virulent the material (whether virus or microbe), the less lethal it is.

Yep.
But they've still gotta milk it for all the panic they can, while it lasts...
Panic=fear=control=power

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24072 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
And fear is propagated b/c of Joe Q Public's laziness / ignorance.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
The Delta Variant is the BEST news that could possibly crop up. In the history of all infectious diseases, the more virulent the material (whether virus or microbe), the less lethal it is.
In that case, whither Epsilon?

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wait a minute - I thought the Lambda variant was the coolest new variant? Delta is old news.........

The Lambda has 7 different non-synonymous mutations !!

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clayflingythingy:
KY Supreme Leader Andy Beshear to hold a Corona briefing today at 4 PM.

My guess is he will threaten to reimpose a mask mandate.

My old boss had a saying about him. It was “fuck that guy”.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Delta, Epsilon, Zeta, Eta, Theta, fuck you.

Guess what it's time to move on.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well so much for underlying conditions.

High blood pressure? High cholesterol?

Treatment drugs may actually reduce the severity of Covid symptoms. Without mutating your cells none the less.

https://www.foxnews.com/health...ce-covid-19-severity

Posts: 1040 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
YouTube removes video of North Carolina local government meeting where people commented on vaccines

https://justthenews.com/nation...meeting-over-medical

YouTube has removed a video posted to its site by a North Carolina county board of commissioners for violating its terms and conditions, asserting that the video included medical misinformation during public comments.

On June 16, the Henderson County Board of Commissioners, a county in the southwest portion of North Carolina, uploaded a video of a public comment section of their meeting.

"We posted the video as we normally do, and within about two hours, we got an email from YouTube telling us that the video has been taken down because of misinformation," Board of Commissioner Chairman William Lapsley told The Epoch Times Wednesday.

Lapsley said the public comment section was "just an opportunity for anybody to tell the commissioners what’s on their mind," adding, "as long as they keep it civil."

A YouTube spokesperson told the Epoch Times that the video publishing company welcomes "open debate and discussion about the COVID-19 vaccines on our platform," adding that "we don’t allow content that includes claims the vaccines have killed thousands of people, and as such we removed a video from the Henderson County Board of Commissioners’ channel."

According to the Epoch Times, no one in the meeting said vaccines have killed thousands of people.

Lapsley said the staff appealed to YouTube to undo the ban of the video, but the corporation replied that the video will remain down and would not return.

Posts: 12660 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
...asserting that the video included medical misinformation during public comments.
And what if it did? Who do these people think they're fooling? If you don't toe the party line, embrace the "truth" as defined by the state, then, you are suppressed, cleansed from the system. You want to disappear? Just try asking questions. They'll take care of you in no time.

They should be ashamed, but that is the last thing that will ever happen. Roll Eyes

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
after 6 of the 50 runaway Texas Democrats tested positive,

an aide to Pelosi and a White House official both tested positive for COVID-19 after attending a rooftop reception to honor the fugitive lawmakers

Both individuals were fully vaccinated

https://freebeacon.com/coronav...-for-covid-outbreak/

Given the profound level of corruption and deceit of this administration, this could all be BS to keep the group quarantined and avoid returning to Texas

Posts: 19565 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Q: If a leftist has the choice of telling the truth or telling a lie, which will they most often choose?

A: It's a trick question. Leftists are incapable of recognizing the truth.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
If you don't...embrace the "truth" as defined by the state...
Or embrace "the science" as defined by the state... Roll Eyes

My SIM partner (from New Jersey) this past weekend in recurrent training was telling me I have to "read the science". I just told him we'd have to agree to disagree and dropped it. He was an OK guy, but my GOD!!!...is he brain-washed.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
after 6 of the 50 runaway Texas Democrats tested positive

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Or embrace "the science" as defined by the state... Roll Eyes

The Science™!

That's "Science" with a capital "S" and a trademark over the "e".

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
As a side note, there are many people I still enjoy being 6 feet away from in public places. Smile

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not know if this is true or real however most of it got me angry. God Bless Smile

**********EDITED***********

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3067 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
quote:
Originally posted by VBVAGUY:
I do not know if this is true or real however most of it got me angry. God Bless Smile

Thanks for posting the video VBVAGUY.
I saw something about the story earlier in the day but was holding off until I could confirm from other sources.

Here is the video I saw on BNT.

BREAKING 45,000 Confirmed DEAD within 3 DAYS! From Vaxx!
How likely is this to be real or accurate? I don't want to start forwarding this to friends and family until I have a greater comfort level in its accuracy.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post