SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 ... 1207
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
I think they should administer a pregnancy test to him and see what the roll of the dice comes up with! Razz

Before they go that far they should just ask him if he is late for his period.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Assisted Suicide: New Zealand Offers Early Death to COVID Patients Docs Say Won't Recover

https://nationalfile.com/assis...cs-say-wont-recover/

New Zealand will offer euthanasia to COVID-19 patients deemed terminally ill by their doctors under a new law which took effect last month, marking the latest shocking development from the nation whose left-wing government has become characterized by its increasingly left wing stances in response to the virus.

New Zealand’s Ministry of Health has confirmed that, under the 2019 End of Life Choice Act, which just recently took effect and is considered one of the most extreme euthanasia laws worldwide, COVID patients deemed terminally ill by their doctors will be confronted with the option of a medically-induced death.

While historically, euthanasia has often been referred to as “doctor assisted suicide,” in New Zealand, doctors will actually be charged with carrying out an act of homicide, administering a lethal injection to patients while remaining immune from liability, leading the government to nickname the practice “assisted dying” instead.

The move has led to serious concerns surrounding the coercion of patients and the abuse of the elderly and mentally handicapped as health systems continue to claim their beds are full and infrastructure overwhelmed.

Some legal experts even say that the law covers for doctors who murder unsuspecting patients, as long they’re said to be suffering from a terminal illness at the time of their death.

New Zealand’s plans to euthanize COVID patients were uncovered in an Official Information Act request from New Zealander and anti-euthanasia activist Henoch Kloosterboer, who also serves as the editor of The Defender news site.

In his communications with New Zealand’s government, screenshots of which were posted to The Defender, officials told Kloosterboer that “eligibility” for euthanasia “is determined on a case by case basis” and that if they meet medical requirements and are above the age of 18, “a person with COVID-19 may be eligible for assisted dying.”

According to Kloosterboer’s report, the euthanasia law is even worse in practice than it appears on its face, and leaves “the door wide open for abuse” of vulnerable patients.

“The End of Life Choice Act doesn’t offer any clarity or robust safeguards that would put this matter beyond doubt. Instead it does just the opposite, leaving the door wide open for abuse,” writes Kloosterboer, going on to state that the details surrounding the new law are cloaked in a “shroud of secrecy.”

The small nation of New Zealand has made headlines around the world since the early days of the COVID-19 pandemic, with left-wing Labour Party Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern spearheading efforts to enact some of the world’s harshest restrictions on civil liberties to supposedly slow and stop the spread of the Communist Chinese-born virus.

Ardern’s government has even muzzled the nation’s press, and the Prime Minister was shown on video shutting down a press conference after a journalist “unaccredited” by the nation’s government challenged her with a question on vaccine side effects and mandates.

Posts: 12738 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
We've no choice but to refer to the Hot/Crazy Matrix

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Gotta fix the solvent SSA problem somehow

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
New Zealand. Maybe, a year and a half ahead of us.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15908 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Data shows CDC overestimated spread of omicron

https://justthenews.com/politi...s-prevalence-omicron

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) significantly overestimated the prevalence of the COVID-19 variant omicron according to revised data released Tuesday.

Omicron accounted for less than 59% of new COVID infections the week of Dec. 25, per new CDC data.

Data published this week shows that omicron was three times less prevalent last week than reported.

The CDC stated previously that about 73% of new COVID infections were caused by omicron for the week of Dec. 18. That number was revised Tuesday to 22.5% of cases.

posted Hide Post
Progressive statists were all in favor of Eugenics and population control (via Abortion) in the first half of the 20th century, until Hitler showed where that kind of thinking leads to.

But now they are talking the same thing, but using "sustainability" and "finite natural resources" and "saving the environment" which are code words for "there are too many people and we need to reduce the population". And of course, they want to be the ones who decide who lives and dies, and who gets to have children.

I generally thought Dr. Kevorkian was OK to assist people with terminal illnesses that wanted to die with dignity. I thought it was wrong for the state of Michigan to prosecute him. But I can see now how it's a slippery slope. From Dr. Assisted, to Dr. Administered, to Dr. ORDERED. Just like Trump's assertion that if it was Lee and Jackson today it would be Jefferson and Lincoln tomorrow, much to the howls of the left, but he was right.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
“Data shows CDC overestimated spread of omicron”

I would not put it past this administration to have done this in an attempt to keep the fear train going since pretty much everyone in the science world (outside the criminals lying to this country) agrees that omicron is not nearly as dangerous as previous variants.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15623 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is no way I believe any data coming out of the CDC. A 73% to 22.5% error? Really?

Omicron is now being downplayed because it's not the killer mutation they were dreaming of for the Holidays.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Went from Winter of Death to five day quarantine. Fucking clowns.

Posts: 1815 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Does this mean the winter of death is on hold? It had such a promising name. Roll Eyes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21127 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it's taking the season off. You know, like the flu did last year.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30432 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
‘Delta Karen’ Patricia Cornwall once allegedly threatened to kill mom, stepdad

https://nypost.com/2021/12/29/...ned-to-kill-parents/

The woman dubbed “Delta Karen” for allegedly slapping a passenger in a mid-flight fracas once threatened to kill her mother and stepfather — and was put on a psychiatric hold, court documents reveal.

Patricia Cornwall’s stepdad, Robert Spoeri, filed the restraining order against her in July 2020 after she made the alleged threats while living with them in their Los Angeles home.

Along with the alleged death threats, Spoeri claimed in the order that Cornwall, 51, had physically attacked him and her mother, Yolanda Spoeri.

“Patricia kicked me, punched me, threatened to kill me, jumped on me, pulled my hair very hard, pounded my head into the floor and more because I would not divulge where her mother was hiding,” the stepdad wrote in the order.

“Her real goal was to do far greater injury to her mother.

“She threatened my wife a few weeks ago and my wife had to hide in the garage and flee and spend the night at a friend’s house.”

Cornwall also allegedly claimed she was the real mother of her two teenage half-siblings — and threatened during a “delusional episode” to kidnap them, the stepdad wrote.

Spoeri said Cornwall — a one-time NFL cheerleader and former “Baywatch” actor — had been taken away by cops to a psychiatric unit following the latest alleged attack on July 30, 2020.

He claimed it was the “second or third time” that Cornwall had been put on a psychiatric hold to assess her mental health, the court documents show.

The stepdad, who said he was left with minor cuts, abrasions and emotional trauma from the ordeal, asked for Cornwall to be ordered to stay away from their home, his church and his teenage children’s school.

The judge granted a temporary order on July 31, 2020, but the case was dismissed the following month when Cornwall and the Spoeris failed to show up in court.

In January, a judge granted a domestic violence protection order against Cornwall that was filed by her sister-in-law, Monica Cummings, court records show.

Cornwall, according to the court documents, has a “history of violent outbursts and destructive and erratic behavior.”

She allegedly sent voice messages to Cummings in which she threatened her, saying, “You are dead.”

Cummings claimed that Cornwall has an “infatuation” with her newborn son and two daughters, writing: “She has bipolar tendencies and paranoia.”

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Well ain’t she just a sweetheart. Sheesh...

Posts: 13747 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
I really want a "I Survived the Winter of Death" t-shirt...

quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
Went from Winter of Death to five day quarantine. Fucking clowns.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
CDC Lab Alert.

Those conspiracy theorists, seem to have been correct.
We cannot tell the difference between COVID-19 and the Flu with the RT-PCR for SARS-CoV-2 Testing.

And so it would seem some, quite possibly many of those positive COVID tests since February 2020, could have been influenza.

My only question is why wasn’t this front page news on 07/21/2021?

Edited to add: I guess it was in the news.
Reuters did a Fact Check.
Link

“ Level: Laboratory Alert

After December 31, 2021, CDC will withdraw the request to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) of the CDC 2019-Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Real-Time RT-PCR Diagnostic Panel, the assay first introduced in February 2020 for detection of SARS-CoV-2 only.

“In preparation for this change, CDC recommends clinical laboratories and testing sites that have been using the CDC 2019-nCoV RT-PCR assay select and begin their transition to another FDA-authorized COVID-19 test. CDC encourages laboratories to consider adoption of a multiplexed method that can facilitate detection and differentiation of SARS-CoV-2 and influenza viruses.

Link

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Well duh

Their test can’t distinguish between the flu and the flu

Whodathunkit?

Posts: 53232 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Frack me sideways

So it turns out Balzé Halzé's question:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
They told us that neither the rapid test nor the PCR will tell what variant of the Wu Flu we got, just whether or not we had it.

That makes no sense to me. Then how does it distinguish between a run of the mill common cold coronavirus?

Was spot-on. How indeed? Looks like the answer is: "They can't."

The longer this goes on the more foolish and incompetent both "our" government and the entire health "care" industry looks

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, maybe Delta Karen was sober after all. She doesn't need alcohol to put her over the edge. Bitch is just plain crazy.
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
‘Delta Karen’ Patricia Cornwall once allegedly threatened to kill mom, stepdad

In January, a judge granted a domestic violence protection order against Cornwall that was filed by her sister-in-law, Monica Cummings, court records show.

Cornwall, according to the court documents, has a “history of violent outbursts and destructive and erratic behavior.”

She allegedly sent voice messages to Cummings in which she threatened her, saying, “You are dead.”

Cummings claimed that Cornwall has an “infatuation” with her newborn son and two daughters, writing: “She has bipolar tendencies and paranoia.”

Posts: 107728 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
With a whopping 59 cases of the flu last year, I was afraid that they would put it on the critically endangered species list and try to save it. Confused

Posts: 9169 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post