SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Four people at work yesterday got COVID three I work with one in a different department. Unsure of vaccine status because they don't give out people's names just area of travel through the buildings. I took the week off so I don't get to hear the gossip on jabbed vs unjabbed.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Not sure how long the media can sustain the case count nonsense...it's just silly. Is anyone still following this nonsense?

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Here’s a dumb question / speculation:

The current test is deterministic only for covid; not deterministic for influenza. As far as i know, these are not mutually exclusive.

We know that historically people die annually from influenza. How do we know that the more serious cases of “covid” were actually not serious cases of influenza?

If you get covid alone, not too serious. If you get covid coincidently with influenza, then you might suffer serious conditions?

The FDA and CDC have waisted billions of dollars in the last 2 years and still don't provide basic answers to the public, in fact they make up things to feed their narrative. The CDC said 2 weeks ago that 73% of all new Covid cases were the Omicron variant in the U.S. A week later they revise that down to 22%.

Heads need to roll at these agencies.
”The CDC said” ?
Are you referring to a report or staged talking head media appearance?

I don’t know that I’ve seen a COVID press conference that allowed for the Washington pool reporters to freely question the President, FDA, CDC, NIH.

Seems President Trump had wide open access nearly everyday for those running the show to be questioned.

There seems to be no open access to question the Circus Ringleaders in the Biden/Harris administration.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Took the holidays off and just scan a news outlet. Since the case count is, by direct admission by the CDC an others, conflating flu and also "with Covid" alongside "by" Covid, it was never accurate. It was deliberately inflated to make the numbers as large as possible from the very beginning. 2020 flu was essentially non existent when the PCR test is all reported to be Covid.

It's becoming obvious that the average citizen nationwide has heard people cry Wolf! one too many times and they are basically ignoring it now. About the only mask wearers are older seniors (younger than me and I get a stare) plus unattached young women and children who have no choice in the matter.

Omicron is just more salt in the wound with case numbers getting more vague while the drumbeat of "get the vaxx" overshadows most of information. The homeless population is still healthy and robust here, no flatbeds picking up the dead, and the flu is once again counted inappropriately.

If anything the Big Freeze Saturday is getting more attention. Another snow storm tracking the northern tier again. As usual we are on the ice line. Time for concrete blocks in the bed of the truck before Friday nite.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
Well, at least those of us here in PA can breathe a sigh of relief. We're going to have FEDERAL STRIKE TEAMS deployed to two of our hospitals.

These "strike teams" will increase the critical care bed capacity by 30 more beds, divided between a hospital in Scranton & one in York, so everything's OK now.

FEDERAL STRIKE TEAMS! OMG! How Awesome Is That!

Here's the link to the story if you want to read about this blessed event, but it's just a bunch of horse poop.
https://www.fox43.com/article/...70-a150-d836ee0676b4

50% of all the ICU beds in the 4 hospitals in my county are occupied by mental health victims. That's the issue. And then there's the overdose element that floods the ER's every night. Maybe the Strike Team can assist with this.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
So my daughter just received a letter from her school district giving them until January 10th to prove vaccination status. It basically states the OSHA ETS verification mandate will likely take effect Jan, 10th and she is instructed on how to upload her verification status. As of now she does not plan to respond but she fears in the end she will have no choice.

My fear was that the government would hold funding over the head of schools to push vaccination. Everyone is vaccinated or else you lose federal funding. That was the same thing they were trying when the transgender issue blew up about 6 years ago. Absolutely ridiculous.

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tirod:
The homeless population is still healthy and robust here, no flatbeds picking up the dead, and the flu is once again counted inappropriately.
Perhaps the CDC should study the homeless.
Why are they immune from COVID?

Perhaps the best protection from COVID is simply a fifth of whiskey nightly.

Surely if the homeless were dying en masse, we would know about it.
Why are the homeless seemingly protected, an honest question.

$58 Billion annually and no studies on Natural Immunity.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:

They don't watch the news?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Love Jimmy Dore's take lately.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9159 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, as I indicated back on Page 977 of this thread, I believe I may have gotten the omicron variant. Up until that time, I had no desire to get tested, because, being asymptomatic, I felt no need. Now, however, I'm curious.

When I was having these symptoms, I said to me wife, wouldn't it be hilarious if this is COVID? She told me to not even joke like that, but she missed my meaning. I told her that there are people out there who have the antibodies for this virus but who never got very sick. I have a very strong hunch that's what has happened for me.

Seventy times more transmissible than other variants- that's omicron. Cold-like symptoms- that's omicron. Do you want to know how fatigued I was? I didn't even want to climb the one flight of steps to my bedroom in my two story home. I've never counted, but it's probably 14, 15 steps, something like that. I've run up those stairs, countless times, thousands upon thousands of times and I never felt like "Shit, I don't want to do this" until this whatever hit me.

So, I'd like to get tested. Umm, say, Joe? After your next diaper change, do you think you could send a testing kit to me?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Para

rather than get the flu test which may or may not give you the right answer, why not consider the antibody test

doesn't that give you a more definitive answer, and also the answer you need if asked about getting the flu shot

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
So my daughter just received a letter from her school district giving them until January 10th to prove vaccination status. It basically states the OSHA ETS verification mandate will likely take effect Jan, 10th and she is instructed on how to upload her verification status. As of now she does not plan to respond but she fears in the end she will have no choice.
How is 'this' not the basis for a huge lawsuit?

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
rather than get the flu test which may or may not give you the right answer, why not consider the antibody test
How long I gotta study for that'n?

Seriously, how do I go about getting that test?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:

They don't watch the news?
Bingo! Give that man a cigar. They live 'outside' the stupid being vomited to a weak, cowardly, and receptive audience almost hourly. Shut down the traditional media and social media for 2 weeks, and this BS, as well as much of the other daily BS, would be over.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Until they come to your house, hold you down and force the needle into your arm, you DO have a choice. The choice is not always an easy one.
As many here have said previously, the more who say NO the sooner this will be over. If you don't say NO, and simply comply, it won't end it. Next there will be mandatory "boosters".

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:

Pharmacys with a labcorp in it are doing it. Walgreens around here. Make an appointment, they draw blood and send you the results.

https://patient.labcorp.com/v1/covid-19-antibody-test

Posts: 12684 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I may do this myself

https://www.piedmont.org/covid-19/antibody-testing

The wife and daughter both currently have the omnicrap, both vaccintaed, I'm not. I don't have it, knock on wood. I do believe I had the rona a while back, would be interesting to know

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That's not free, correct? I'm not giving anyone a penny for this. I'm just curious. It's not a critical matter.

posted Hide Post
quote:
That's not free, correct? I'm not giving anyone a penny for this. I'm just curious. It's not a critical matter.

The one I had was $25.00. Don't know if the price is the same now or for all locations.

Posts: 12684 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
para, I'm in the same boat as you are. I took a free county test and the rapid results came back negative. Still waiting on the PCR portion which they were supposed to do also. I honestly think the radio test was wrong. Besides the normal cold symptoms, I can't taste or smell anything and it's been that way for a week. Like you, I would like to know.

ETA, someone else can confirm this, but I'm pretty sure I read the antibody test won't work if you still have symptoms.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38678 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post