SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 ... 1207
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Hopefully more states will follow Colorado's lead on the fake numbers they've been reporting.

Colorado amends coronavirus death count - says fewer have died of COVID-19 than previously thought

Colorado has made a stunning and significant change to the way it counts COVID-19 deaths that reduced the statewide figure from more than 1,000 to 878, according to a report.

The change came after Colorado’s Department of Public Health admitted that its COVID-19 death toll was counting those who tested positive for the coronavirus but had died of other causes, Fox 31 Denver reported late Friday.

The department now says 1,150 Coloradoans who died had COVID-19 but only 878 of those deaths were “due to” COVID-19.

“We have been reporting at the state, deaths among people who had COVID-19 at the time of death and the cause of that death may or may not have been COVID-19,” Dr. Eric France, the health department's chief medical officer told the station.

“We started to hear stories about ‘are these correct or are these incorrect?'” France said.

Fox News on Friday reported on one of those stories as part of a report that found that the hodgepodge way states counted COVID-19 deaths was a reason why some people believe the U.S. COVID-19 death figure was exaggerated.

The story involved a 35-year-old man from Montezuma County who died May 4 of alcohol poisoning but whose death was counted in Colorado’s COVID-19 death toll.

“The state is reporting that death as a COVID death, but our health department wanted to let people know that even though the person did have the virus, they did not die from it,” the Montezuma County Health Department said about the man's death.

The national COVID-19 death toll climbed to 87,568 Saturday with the deaths of 1,662 more people due to the virus, John Hopkins University data showed. But that latest number does not take into account Colorado's amended figure, listing the death toll at 1,150.

France blamed the confusion on the National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System that states use to report COVID-19 deaths to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Hours before the health department lowered the death count a somber Colorado Gov. Jared Polis, a Democrat, had told a coronavirus news briefing that the state had reached a “reflection point” as the number of COVID-19 deaths had surpassed 1,000.

"It's important to remember that every number has a name," Polis said. "It's easy to say over 1,000 people. Each one of those is a person with friends, loved ones and family. If you’re fortunate enough not to have known someone who was lost, take a moment and remember why we all need to do our part."

Fox 31 obtained a statement from Polis’ office after the death count was reduced that said the governor fully supported efforts by the health department to specify how many deaths were specifically due to COVID-19 “and not just specific to CDC guidelines that include people who died with Coronavirus but not necessarily from it.”

“State epidemiologists believe that once the data is up to date then the number will, unfortunately, be higher,” the statement concluded.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/col...onavirus-death-count

Posts: 5768 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Isn't falsifying a death certificate a crime in most states?

Colorado COVID-19 death stats inflated and GOP lawmaker calling for the indictment of the head of the state health department for falsely altering death certificates.

Due to the push in using more accurate reporting, Colorado COVID-19 fatalities just dropped by %24.

For a governor that claims to be so data driven when making his decisions I find it ironic that it has taken him, and his administration, so long to figure out the 'inaccuracies' in their reporting stats.

[Note: video and letter found at linked website story. There is additional info covered in the video news report so I would suggest going to the website and watching the video.]

GOP rep alleges falsified COVID-19 records, calls for indictment of Colorado’s top health official

Author: Kyle Clark, Erin Powell Published: 11:33 PM MDT May 14, 2020 Updated: 9:50 PM MDT May 15, 2020

DOUGLAS COUNTY, Colo. — A Republican state representative asked prosecutors to bring criminal charges against Colorado’s top public health official Thursday, claiming that she illegally falsified death records to inflate COVID-19 death totals.

Rep. Mark Baisley (R-Roxborough Park) issued a formal letter requesting an investigation and criminal charges by George Brauchler, district attorney for the 18th Judicial District. Brauchler is also a Republican.

Baisley accuses Jill Ryan, executive director of the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE), of “falsely altering death certificates.” CDPHE collects and reports COVID-19 statistics from across Colorado.

“Falsely inflating the number of deaths due to COVID-19 adversely impacts the professional reputation of nursing homes, hospitals and healthcare workers while creating undue fear for families,” Baisley wrote in his letter.

He also provided another letter dated April 17 from the Someren Glen senior care center to its staff, residents, and residents’ families. The Centennial facility's letter said CPDHE had overruled the cause of death findings by attending physicians in order to list seven deaths as being caused by COVID-19.

“We have never seen a situation where the health department overrules a physician’s findings,” the letter provided by Baisley reads. “However, these are unprecedented times and the health department officials did not share their motivation for changing physician’s orders.”

In a statement to 9Wants to Know on Thursday, CDPHE said the department has used a nationwide standard accepted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to classify deaths.

"We classify a death as confirmed when there was a case who had a positive SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) laboratory test and then died. We also classify some deaths as probable," their statement said.

That method changed, however, on Friday. Colorado Gov. Jared Polis and CDPHE announced that going forward, cases in which people had COVID-19 and died of another cause will be recorded separately from the deaths that were caused by COVID-19.

With the new protocol, state records show 1,150 people died with COVID-19 in their systems as of Friday, and 878 people have died because of the coronavirus. One day prior, state data said there were 1,019 COVID-19 deaths.

"What the people of Colorado want to know is not who died with COVID, but who died of COVID-19," Polis said in a press conference. "I've told [CDPHE] to make sure they're very clear in their reporting."

He added there are only a few cases where the official cause of death isn't clear, and that he considers criminal charges against Ryan to be "completely inappropriate."

Brauchler told 9NEWS it's too premature to discuss charges before an investigation, but it is possible that misdemeanor charges could be filed if his office were to find wrongdoing.

Elected Republicans at the local and state level have been critical of public health leaders throughout the pandemic.

Baisley previously signed on to an effort encouraging Douglas County to break ties with Tri-County Health Department after its public health leaders suggested a stay-home order.

Prior criticism from Republicans at the state legislature had focused on policy decisions. Baisley’s letter is the first formal accusation of criminal wrongdoing by Colorado’s public health officials.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
In response to Balze's previous post with the photo; yesterday on the way home 2 guys in a Mustang convertible, with the top down, passed me. Both were wearing masks, going down the road on a beautiful sunny day.

Posts: 1227 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Facebook busy protecting us from misinformation. Roll Eyes

It's a freaking joke for Pete's sake.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20842 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:

Colorado has made a stunning and significant change to the way it counts COVID-19 deaths that reduced the statewide figure from more than 1,000 to 878, according to a report.

Translation: Oops, we got caught.

quote:
[Dr. ]France blamed the confusion on the National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System that states use to report COVID-19 deaths to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Translation: It's Trump's fault.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3302 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
Due to the push in using more accurate reporting, Colorado COVID-19 fatalities just dropped by %24.
Still a lie, yet closer to the truth.

Posts: 107728 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
One of my friends works at Sorrento Therapeutics.

“Scientists at a California biotech company have found an antibody that completely blocks coronavirus in a discovery they called a 'cure,' Fox News reported.

Sorrento Therapeutics, based in San Diego, claims its STI-1499 antibody stopped coronavirus from entering 100 percent of healthy human cells in petri dish experiments.

It's one of several antibodies planned to be combined for a drug 'cocktail' Sorrento is developing in collaboration with Mt Sinai School of Medicine in New York.”

https://mol.im/a/8324395

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9002 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
It was just a matter of time. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16255 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
Still a lie, yet closer to the truth.

Agreed...poor choice of words on my part.

I gave up recently, but weeks prior I've been tracking/ recording the state's daily reported stats. If a simpleton like me could read other reports around the U.S. of health departments combining stats to inflate the numbers and I could see the same bad logic being used to combine and inflate the state's numbers then why did it take our governor and his administration so long to figure it out?

%100 pure agenda driven bullshit.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting comparison then and now. Odd they say "with US deaths exceeding 100,000"

quote:
Why American life went on as normal during the killer pandemic of 1969

"Between 1968 and 1970, the Hong Kong flu killed between an estimated one and four million, according to the CDC and Encyclopaedia Britannica, with US deaths exceeding 100,000."

https://nypost.com/2020/05/16/...er-pandemic-of-1969/

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13409 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This Mask thing is getting ridiculous!

quote:
Louisa Police Department- VirginiaLike Page
35 mins ·
Larceny Investigation

The Town of Louisa Police Department is conducting a larceny investigation and is requesting the public's assistance with identifying and locating the subjects of the photos attached to this request.

On May 6, 2020, at 2135 hours, two subjects arrived at the Sheetz in a LIFTED 2006 Black Toyota Tacoma wearing hollowed-out watermelon rinds with holes cut out for the eyes into the store where they proceeded to commit a larceny.

If you know who these two are or their whereabouts, please contact Officer Taylor of the Town of Louisa Police Department at 540-967-1234 or Crime Solvers at 1-800-346-1466 OR https://www.louisatown.org/report-a-crime/

Reference case MELON-HEADS

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, it's just the beginning. I said earlier in this thread- making it acceptable to cover one's face is going to be used to commit crimes.

But, all the sheep just accept what the government and their news media co-conspirators tell them, and this is one result.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
wearing hollowed-out watermelon rinds with holes cut out for the eyes into the store where they proceeded to commit a larceny.

Dear heaven, we need to ban "Dr. Stone" from the Cartoon Network!!!

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
https://www.zerohedge.com/geop...WioqDBCmTh0FrOwIIQdI

interesting...

Big Grin

"We Sent Them Samples Of A Goat, A Papaya & A Pheasant": Tanzanian President Catches WHO In Epic Lie

As the number of confirmed coronavirus cases explodes across Africa, the creeping involvement of the WHO has made some leaders suspicious of the NGO. Tanzanian President John Magufuli was growing suspicious of the organization, so he reportedly decided to investigate whether the organization was as trustworthy and reliable as it claimed to be.

He played what the local press described as "a trick" on the organization: He sent the WHO samples of a goat, a papaya and a quail for testing.

All three samples reportedly tested positive. When the president heard the news, he reportedly confronted the WHO, then kicked the organization out of the country. Though, to be sure, the WHO has yet to comment on the situation.

That would suggest one of two conclusions: either the strain of SARS-CoV-2 running amok in Tanzania is much, much more infectious than scientists understand, or the WHO has been reporting incorrect results either on purpose (as an attempt to bolster its credibility in the face of President Trump's attacks) or via error (yet another indication that the WHO truly is "badly brokem" - as Vox described it back in 2015).

Most rational people would probably accept the latter scenario as the most accurate one.

Posts: 53232 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yep, nothing but liars. You cannot accept any of their claims or data. I don't need to send a chunk of papaya to the WHO to know this.

This goat/papaya thing cannot be attributed to incompetence. Nope. It's just straight-up, old fashioned lying.

Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
I'm really ready to be done with this shit. I have pretty much decided if I was going to get it, I would have had it by now. I'm 68, and my wife is 69, so we are in the affected group. She has high blood pressure and controls it with medication, and I take Celebrex for a bad knee. Other than that we are fairly healthy.

When this stuff started, I was lucky enough to pick up 3 of the little bottles of hand sanitizer, so we could have one in each of the cars. Told my wife and grandson to use it when they came out of places, and we're all washing our hands, and keeping our fingers out of our mouths, but since this thing started, we have been to either one of 3 Walmarts, 2 Dillons, 1 Country Mart, and 1 Apple Mart, 2 or 3 times a week picking up what we need. Sometimes we'll go to 3 different places in one day. We have also been to several different restaurants, a couple times a week for take out. I call it in, but I always go inside to pick it up. I've been to Tractor Supply, Tarwaters, O'ReillyAuto Supply, and Metal by the Foot multiple times. My grandson stays with us, and he works at Walmart. I'm guessing I could have been exposed thousands of time.

A couple weeks ago, while pushing my cart across the Walmart parking lot, I had an epiphany. I read somewhere that everything in a store has probably been touched at least 4 times, by the time you get it home, so there is a chance that some of the things in my cart are “dirty”. I touched all of them, so there's a chance my hands are dirty. The checker was wearing gloves, that she might have had on for 4 hours, and she's touched all my stuff. Some of the other people she checked out could have been contaminated, she touched their stuff, and now she's touching my stuff. I get to my truck, and I put my dirty hands in my pocket, to get my keys. Fuck, now my jeans and my keys are dirty. I unlock the truck and open the door, now the damn door handle is dirty. I load up all my groceries, and when I get in the truck, I always pull myself up with the steering wheel, which is now contaminated. Before I start the truck, I pick up the little bottle of sanitizer and squirt some on my hands. After I rub it in, I grab the contaminated steering wheel hand head home. When I get there, I pick up all the contaminated sacks/groceries, and take them in the house and put them on the kitchen cabinet, thus contaminating the countertop. And to top it all off, we use a grocery list app on our phones, so my damn phone is dirty, and I have it up to my face 2 or 3 times a day. We do this several times a week.

I don't want to get this stuff, but I've had plenty of opportunities. I imagine that the things the average American is doing to protect themselves from this virus is helping, but I think it's more feel good than anything. Unless you're one of those super bio-germ guys, you're probably making many mistakes. I know if I live long enough, there is a strong possibility that I'm going to die from something. There's texting drivers, cancer, heart attack, brain aneurysm, flu, pneumonia, I could be hit by a bus, or an airplane could fall on me. Hell, roving gangs of bandits could break into our house to steal my stash of toilet paper.

I miss going to restaurants, I miss going out Friday nights and having a beer with my friends, I miss getting a hair cut, and I'm really tired of hearing Alone Together. I'm ready to stop this crap, and get back to living.

Posts: 3244 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, today I got my much-needed haircut. I waited for my barber to reopen his shop. I've never been so happy to get a haircut.

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
here's a question I didn't get an answer to at the state level

right now its against the law to wear a mask while carrying a concealed weapon...

so if the government tells you to wear a mask, can you still carry concealed?

and more on masks - I see dozens of morons driving around in their own cars wearing a mask...how (&%#^ing stupid to you have to be

Posts: 53232 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I don't need to send a chunk of papaya to the WHO to know this.

When I read a technothriller these days, one of the inevitable reminders that it’s a work of fiction is the obligatory “diversity” among the characters. An example was one of the Tom Clancy continuing knock-offs that had a group that was diverse not only in race and sex, but apparent ability to contribute anything worthwhile to the clandestine missions they were on as well. I was a little surprised they didn’t include a disabled transgender who accompanied the team with a parachute equipped wheelchair.

More recently, though, it’s not enough to have a group with that mixture, but now we must have international teams. The Andromeda Evolution is a nice example of that with medical team members from countries that are so diverse that some haven’t even figured out basic safe sanitation and funeral practices. I get the impression that that need for inclusiveness governs the makeup of real organizations like the W.H.O. as well. That’s not to say that US agencies are immune to the same sorts of political incompetence and pure insanity, but I believe that the degree is at least somewhat different, if not necessarily the kind.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47414 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Governor of Az. opened up the whole state on the 15th of this month. Boy, do I need a haircut!! I so want to see my state get back to work and back to normal day to day activities. It was nice with the reduced traffic, but I will deal with it and just smile.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post