SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 ... 1210
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
To clarify:

All vaccines until now have been based on inactivated viruses. Since viruses aren't exactly "living" even when they are functional, the term inactivated is used to mean it is incapable of infecting your cells and replicating. As such, your body develops immunity to the "whole virus". This means that minor mutations in one part of the virus may still not prevent your defenses from identifying and fighting against the other parts of the virus.

The mRNA "vaccines" were specifically targeted at ONLY the spike protein, and none of the rest of the virus. The spike protein is the mechanism of infecting your cells so it "made sense" to target it. Unfortunately, if the spike protein mutates, you lose some immunity. Since the rest of the virus was not part of the vaccine your immune system has nothing else to go on.

They are not "gene therapy" since they do not modify your DNA. People using that term are misusing it either out of ignorance or intent to use sensationalism.

COVID is unlike most other virus we are familiar with in that it has virtually no mortality for children and mortality increases exponentially with age. If you wanted to create a population control virus to target the elderly that are no longer productive, but not the young, it seems this is pretty much the ideal virus. The fact that it came of a Chinese research lab might give you pause to consider this as the intent, given their aging population and impending population crisis caused by 40 years of one-child policy.

The vaccines have been shown to be effective against the original strain, which means they drop your age about 20 years. If you are 60 and vaccinated, your immunity is similar to a 40 year old who is unvaccinated. In most cases they do reduce the severity of illness if you get infected. "Breakthrough" infections can happen, especially in elderly people. With all the numbers people are throwing around, you need cut the data by age AND vaccine status to get the full picture.

The inactivated virus vaccines (J&J, plus the ones made in China and Europe) have shown to be much less effective. Brazil found the Chinese made vaccine to be essentially useless. It takes a LONG time to develop these, usually 5-10 years and the ones developed so far don't work, so more development needs to be done. This is why Pfizer and Moderna pursued mRNA vaccines - speed of implementation - since the underlying technology had already been developed over the last two decades. Basically going the mRNA route was the only chance of having a vaccine that works (sort of) in a year.

However, for any variant that includes a mutation of the spike protein you will be less immune to it because the vaccines are all based on the original spike protein. BUT the COVID spike protein is more or less the IDEAL genetic design for infecting respiratory system cells (and that is exactly what the Wuhan lab was trying to do), so any mutation will make it less infectious to respiratory cells. This is what we are seeing with Omicron - it is more transmissible but less infectious, and seems to cause something more like a head cold than pneumonia.

The real insanity is treating Omicron like it's the original strain - it's not. Since it transmits more easily, freaking out about "cases" which really means "positive test" and not "ill with symptoms" is pure fear mongering. COVID is turning into a common cold, more or less. Common colds are also Coronaviruses. But we are cancelling 1000's of flights due to flight and cabin crew with positive tests that have to quarantine. COVID already jumped the shark, and we need to stop replaying the jump over and over in slow motion.

At this point I think it's highly likely that the common cold Coronaviruses originally were much more severe, and over a long period of time became the endemic annoyances they are today. COVID will be another one.

This all points to the shear folly of mass testing people, calling positive tests "cases" and quarantining people that have no signs of illness. We simply have never done this before - we only quarantined those that were ill and confirmed to be infected either by examination or testing.

My uncle had polio as a kid, my mom, her sister, and other brother all lived in the same relatively small apartment (part of an extended family home). The other kids didn't get it, but I suppose it's possible they got "infected" enough to show positive on a test, but had no symptoms because their immune systems took care of it.

Short answer:

The mRNA vaccines do work (sort of) as intended but they do not confer complete immunity. As the virus mutates it essentially can "get around" the vaccines, but in doing so becomes less severe. mRNA technology was the only chance at developing a vaccine with any chance of working in the time available. They are not perfect, there are side effects like Myocarditis at around 1:25,000 probability, and they absolutely should NOT be mandated to all, certainly not to children who have almost zero risk of mortality from COVID, or to people that have already recovered from COVID.

Posts: 4755 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
My speculation is she had a few drinks to boost her to +P+Karen.

Not even Delta Elite can handle that. Not recommended.

Posts: 7411 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
My speculation is she had a few drinks to boost her to +P+Karen.

Not even Delta Elite can handle that. Not recommended.

Perhaps, but given the amount of time I've spent in business class or first class cabins with unlimited drinks (especially long haul international flights) I've still never seen anyone act up like this. Then again, we are professionals...

I think this is just how she is, and any alcohol just pushed her a little more in that direction. The prior charges tend to support this.

Posts: 4755 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
^^^

Yep.

It only increased her aggressiveness.

Not that it was the cause.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43995 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
But we are cancelling 1000's of flights due to flight and cabin crew with positive tests that have to quarantine.

I'm hearing rumors that actually a lot of these people are just using covid as an excuse to get their Christmas and New Year's off. Meaning they're faking a positive test. Hey, who can say? It's the perfect excuse though isn't it?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30528 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
^^^Bingo^^^

For the past 12+ months, even a bit more, crews have been threatened with their jobs and livelihoods over this. Some were forced initially to jab in order to keep flying, others strung along with religious and medical exemptions decided by some third party vendor in order to isolate the company legally. Now, it’s all starting over with boosters. Folks are done with it. They’ve decided to spend some well earned time with their families while they can and have the fiscal means to do so. Ramp crews have left. Deice crews have left. Baggage handlers have left.

FJB

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Craplebee’s

Way to go NYPD Roll Eyes

Don’t you have any real crime to be responding to, not a young unvaccinated mother and her kids eating out?

Posts: 34001 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
So courageous those cops. Roll Eyes

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30528 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
They are not perfect, there are side effects like Myocarditis at around 1:25,000 probability, and they absolutely should NOT be mandated to all, certainly not to children who have almost zero risk of mortality from COVID, or to people that have already recovered from COVID.

I agree with most of what you wrote.
However, the risk of Myocarditis may be higher than around 1:25,000.

Steve Kirsch:
Estimated 1 in 95 boys diagnosed with myocarditis in a California private school
This will blow your mind, I promise. I'm pretty sure that the rate of myocarditis is a LOT more than the CDC is telling people. I think the rate is ~100X higher than they claim. What do you think?

In short, a more “realistic” estimate is 1 in 150.

I didn’t want to use that in my original slide because 1 in 317 was already far from the CDC estimate of 1 in 13,000 which they said was “rare.” If I was more accurate, my work would be more likely to be ignored as ridiculously high. So I went with a very conservative URF=41.

https://stevekirsch.substack.c...in-95-boys-diagnosed

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24222 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
“ COVID-19 booster to be given 3 months after 2nd dose, not 6”

3 months? What more proof do people need that these “vaccines” are horse shit? What an a absolute crock.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15670 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
follow up on Patricia Cornwall from the airplane incident

https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2...ger-on-delta-flight/

A Los Angeles woman is facing a federal assault charge after allegedly hitting and spitting on another passenger on a December 23 Delta flight from Tampa to Atlanta.

The man told an FBI investigator the woman then spit on his face and head area, the court document says.

Patricia Cornwall, 51, made her initial appearance Monday afternoon in federal court in Atlanta. She is accused of “assault by striking, beating, or wounding R.S.M. in the special aircraft jurisdiction of the United States,” the complaint says.

She was not required to, and did not submit, a plea in court during the initial appearance.

If found guilty of the class A misdemeanor, Cornwall could face up to one year in prison and up to a $100,000 fine.

The criminal complaint says the FBI task force officer interviewed the male passenger by phone and later watched a cellphone video of the incident.

“It corroborates the information that R.S.M. provided. Additionally, the video shows CORNWALL striking R.S.M. in the face,” Rudyard Jarrard, a FBI task force officer based in Atlanta, says in the complaint.

The man said Cornwall was returning from a restroom at the back of Delta Flight 2790 but a flight attendant conducting beverage service blocked the aisle, according to the complaint.

When Cornwall asked the flight attendant to help her find her seat, the flight attendant requested that she find an open seat until beverage service was complete, the complaint says.

“(Cornwall) responded to the flight attendant, ‘What am I Rosa Parks?’” the complaint says.

The male passenger said he “told Cornwall it was an inappropriate comment and that she ‘isn’t black….this isn’t Alabama and this isn’t a bus,’ ” according to the complaint.

The man then purportedly told Cornwall to “sit down Karen,” according to the complaint.

The court document says a verbal back and forth ensued, before Cornwall allegedly hit R.S.M. and caused a visible head injury.

In court, federal Magistrate Judge Christopher Bly set Cornwall’s bond at $20,000 and after an extensive discussion with her attorney, permitted her to return to her home in Los Angeles by plane, if she follows requirements laid out by the judge.

Cornwall won’t be flying on Delta though; her attorney confirmed in court proceedings that Delta placed her on a no-fly list.

The judge also mandated that aside from her flight home, Cornwall is not allowed to travel by any interstate commercial carrier — plane, bus or train — while out on bail.

Cornwall’s attorney confirmed in court that she had been in jail since December 23.

Posts: 19640 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
The mRNA vaccines do work (sort of) as intended but they do not confer complete immunity. As the virus mutates it essentially can "get around" the vaccines, but in doing so becomes less severe. mRNA technology was the only chance at developing a vaccine with any chance of working in the time available. They are not perfect, there are side effects like Myocarditis at around 1:25,000 probability, and they absolutely should NOT be mandated to all, certainly not to children who have almost zero risk of mortality from COVID, or to people that have already recovered from COVID.
I agree with your comments, but one thing you didn't address that I have significant concern over is the long term effects of the mRNA vaccines. There is no data whatsoever at this point that will give us any real insight into an answer to that question. And opinions of 'experts' mean absolutely nothing to me at this point. Given the mRNA vaccines 'are' a completely new approach to virus treatment, we won't know for years what these medications do to the human body.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Craplebee’s

Way to go NYPD Roll Eyes

Don’t you have any real crime to be responding to, not a young unvaccinated mother and her kids eating out?
My comments on this board in the past clearly detail my support of police, so take this as a bit of an evolution of that position. My support is not guaranteed and I am having an increasing difficult time defending the police in general when this sort of shit is occurring. There simply is no excuse for this behavior. None. This is not policing. Quite the contrary. And five cops to handle the extremely dangerous crime of a family eating dinner without a vaccine card? I find myself wishing maybe 30 or so patrons in that restaurant would have stood up and run those 'cops' out the front door.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
Don't be surprised if we see vaccine passport requirements for interstate travel in the coming days/weeks/months.
Even if such a thing was not absolutely unenforceable, it's never going to happen. Let's not get silly.

Up until a couple of years ago, I would say yes, it's silly. After the lockstep cooperation I've witnessed from World Governments, Big Business, Big Tech, MSM, Healthcare, etc., I'm not %100 sure.

It seems Senator Lee and Congressman Cawthorn are not so sure either.

Congressman Cawthorn, Senator Lee Introduce Bill Banning Vaccine Requirements for Interstate Travel (These Bills have a zero chance of going anywhere)

https://cawthorn.house.gov/med...vaccine-requirements

October 20, 2021
Press Release
Washington, D.C. — U.S. Congressman Madison Cawthorn (NC-11) introduced the “Let Me Travel America Act,” which would prohibit the Biden administration from mandating that vaccination against COVID-19 be a prerequisite for interstate travel, transportation, or movement. Senator Mike Lee (R-UT) has introduced a companion bill in the Senate.

The Biden Administration has not ruled out vaccination requirements for interstate travel and is continuing to consider the use of vaccine passports. Under the Fourteenth Amendment and the Privileges and Immunities Clause, Americans are ensured the right to freely travel from state to state. There is no precedent for the Federal Government to mandate vaccinations as a prerequisite for domestic travel and there certainly is no authority to do so that has been granted by Congress.

“Vaccine requirements for interstate travel are in direct opposition to the United States Constitution. The Biden Administration continues to flaunt their blatant disregard for the law in pursuit of their left-wing radical agenda. I’m proud to join Senator Mike Lee and introduce this bill in the House of Representatives, and I will keep fighting to prohibit the Biden administration from trampling Americans’ rights and liberties,” said Congressman Madison Cawthorn.

“An interstate travel vaccine mandate would leave individuals marooned in states where they cannot work, cannot go to restaurants, and cannot leave. Businesses already hard-hit by the pandemic in the travel and hospitality sectors would be further strained. This is a common-sense, practical, reasonable bill that would simply provide assurance and protection to millions of Americans whose rights are under attack,” said Senator Mike Lee

Many have noticed the fast-tracking to incorporate a digital driver’s license with coronavirus vaccination cards by a number of states. There seems to be a lot of coordinated planning for this.
This technology would be as enforceable as electronic toll booth payments.

Here are just a few examples.

Mississippi
https://www.mpbonline.org/blog...sippians-next-month/

Arizona and Georgia
https://www.vox.com/recode/225...idemia-id-tsa-phones

Louisiana
https://gov.louisiana.gov/inde...newsroom/detail/3103

Are these DL/VPs an attempt to normalize the need for vaccination passports to conduct everyday activities?
At this point, I can't say. I can say nothing would surprise me anymore short of the Mets winning the World Series. Big Grin

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4838 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
They are not "gene therapy" since they do not modify your DNA. People using that term are misusing it either out of ignorance or intent to use sensationalism.
/QUOTE]

Development of COVID-19 vaccines utilizing gene therapy technology

https://academic.oup.com/intim...le/33/10/521/6194108

International Immunology, Volume 33, Issue 10, October 2021, Pages 521–527

COVID-19 Vaccine Candidates Show Gene Therapy is a Viable Strategy

https://asgct.org/research/new...-moderna-nih-vaccine

Two COVID-19 vaccine trials, both of which use messenger RNA (or mRNA) technology to teach the body to fight the virus, have reported efficacy over 90 percent.

These findings, announced by Moderna on Nov. 16 and by Pfizer and its partner BioNTech on Nov. 9 (with an update on Nov. 18), demonstrate that gene therapy is a viable strategy for developing vaccines to combat COVID-19. Both vaccine candidates use mRNA to program a person's cells to produce many copies of a fragment of the virus. The fragment then stimulates the immune system to attack if the real virus tries to invade the body.

National Institute of Health

Opportunities and Challenges in the Delivery of mRNA-Based Vaccines

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7076378/

" [6]. Therefore, mRNA-based therapeutics are categorized as gene therapy ."

Posts: 12799 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
If I could employ the assistance of the SF Brigade...

Please forward the following to EVERYONE you know and ask them to like/retweet "at will". Also, please ask them to click on the Youtube video link in Michael Berry's tweet.

https://twitter.com/danielleae...868182476906507?s=21

One of the AE4HF Command Generals will be speaking on the new Rush show...Michael Berry is guest host today. Please pass along that word as well.

Thanks for your support and assistance!!

B737_pilot Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
This will break the lid off this whole plandemic. If you're looking for answers, here they are. Big Grin

MOST ULTIMATE DASTARDLY COVID SNAKE OIL PLAN EVER!
https://brandnewtube.com/watch...Fdu6ocuAywXGzKQ.html

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4838 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chellim1,

I was referencing the numbers I saw that compared the risk of Myocarditis between Moderna and Pfizer. However, I believe those were aggregate numbers and not cut by age and sex, which violates the precept I stated in my response. Everything about COVID and the vaccines is highly dependent on age. Those seeking to minimize reported risk are reporting aggregate numbers, while those seeking to expose risk are reporting the age adjusted numbers. Given the almost complete lack of mortality in school age children, vaccines are not warranted. The risk of myocarditis in young men reinforces this.

I've said before that there is evidence to support the idea that the spike protein ITSELF causes vascular damage in addition to cell damage caused by viral replication. Introducing only the spike protein into your body (without any chance of viral replication) is not as innocuous as was believed by the vaccine developers. At least this may be true in some people that have severe cases of COVID or adverse reactions to the vaccines.

Bigdeal,

Yes I neglected to mention long term effects, which are unknown. In the case of elderly people the benefits of the vaccines outweigh the risk due to the very high COVID mortality at their age, and shortened time for long term effects to occur. Of course, the risk/benefit is unclear for younger people with more years of life ahead of them. I think it is clear that risk/benefit is NOT favorable for school age children.

wcb6092,

Thanks for the correction.

"These findings, announced by Moderna on Nov. 16 and by Pfizer and its partner BioNTech on Nov. 9 (with an update on Nov. 18), demonstrate that gene therapy is a viable strategy for developing vaccines to combat COVID-19. Both vaccine candidates use mRNA to program a person's cells to produce many copies of a fragment of the virus. The fragment then stimulates the immune system to attack if the real virus tries to invade the body."

This statement in the link is consistent with how the mRNA vaccines work. The mechanism is vaccine mRNA to tRNA to protein synthesis, but there is no interaction with the cell's DNA. Normally our cells synthesize proteins by unraveling and separation of the DNA strand, copying the sequence into mRNA, then assembling the amino acid chain by sequencing tRNA to the mRNA strand.

That was my point - the term "gene therapy" is being used by some to imply that there is some change to the person's "genes" or their DNA. Such a thing would be incredibly risky with potential for serious side effects. We have heard about "humanized mice" which have had their DNA altered to mimic some human biochemical pathways for more accurate testing of drugs (and of viruses in Wuhan), and that is what some are intending the term to evoke.

I suppose this may be splitting hairs...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
But we are cancelling 1000's of flights due to flight and cabin crew with positive tests that have to quarantine.

I'm hearing rumors that actually a lot of these people are just using covid as an excuse to get their Christmas and New Year's off. Meaning they're faking a positive test. Hey, who can say? It's the perfect excuse though isn't it?

5 days off from work for the Sniffles? WOO HOOO

Posts: 1046 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
Up until a couple of years ago, I would say yes, it's silly.
It's not just silly, it's unenforceable and I want you to make an effort to keep stuff like this out of this forum.

Posts: 107967 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post