SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Sydney Sends In Military To Help Enforce Lockdown Amid Record Jump In COVID Cases

https://www.zerohedge.com/geop...ord-jump-covid-cases

Despite being locked down for nearly a month now, Sydney has just reported a record one-day rise in local COVID cases on Thursday as public health authorities warned that the outbreak would likely worsen, inspiring them to once again turn to the Australian military for help.

According to Reuters, Sydney, Australia's most populous city, has struggled to contain an outbreak of the highly infectious Delta variant with another economy-crippling lockdown. Instead, cases have continued to move higher, leading public health authorities to double down on their efforts to protect against a broader outbreak of the delta variant, believed to be far more infectious than other strains.

But that didn't stop authorities from counting 239 locally transmitted cases in the past 24 hours, the biggest daily increase for Sydney since the pandemic began. We should note that Australia's COVID issue has never really been all that bad: nationwide, the country of 26MM has counted fewer than 1,000 deaths since the start of the pandemic, a far lower rate.

"We can only assume that things are likely to get worse before they get better given the quantity of people infectious in the community," said New South Wales Premier Gladys Berejiklian told reporters in Sydney.

Berejiklian said one more person had died from COVID-19, taking the death toll from the current outbreak to 13, while the national death toll rose to 921.

Unfortunately for Berejiklian, who has emerged as a kind of villain for the small business owners and restaurateurs who fear they're about to be crushed by a "double dip" recession, the Australian military is probably better at twerking than fighting viruses.

But that won't stop her from calling in the military to help enforce an even more restrictive lockdown that will now be imposed on the southern and

With little sign that recent restrictions are reducing case numbers, Berejiklian said new curbs would be imposed on the southwestern and western parts of Sydney where the majority of COVID-19 cases are being found.

The more than 2MM residents living in eight Sydney "hotspots" will now be forced to wear masks outdoors and must stay within 5 km (3 miles) of their homes at all times. These tighter restrictions are set to begin on Friday, and the NSW Police have requested 300 military personnel to help enforce the lockdown orders, whether that's by handing out fines, or ensuring that those under the most restrictive quarantine orders don't violate them.

"With an increase in enforcement activity over the coming week, I have now made a formal request to the prime minister for (Australian Defence Force) personnel to assist with that operation," New South Wales Police Commissioner Mick Fuller said in an emailed statement.

The decision comes one day after Berejiklian extended the Sydney-area lockdown by another month (while allowing a few exceptions for construction workers and others to keep projects moving along). The restrictions are set to remain in effect for at least another one (or two, as Goldman and some other Wall Street strategists have posited) due to shortages of the Pfizer vaccine and other jabs. While most adults have been encouraged to get the AstraZeneca jab, reports about side effects involving potentially deadly blood clots have made many wary.

Posts: 12658 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
You have to wear a mask comprised of leeches...

quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
Sir, if we get the leeches, do we still have to wear the masks?........or do we wear two masks?

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
The first-ever postmortem study of a patient vaccinated against COVID-19 has revealed that viral RNA was found in every organ of the patient’s body, meaning that the vaccine is either ineffective or the coronavirus actually spreads faster in vaccinated individuals.

The scientific report out of Germany published by the International Journal of Infectious Diseases in June examined the autopsy of an 86-year-old man who had received a single dose of the SARS-CoV-2 vaccine but died 4 weeks later after becoming infected with the virus by a nearby patient at a hospital.

All of this evidence coming out is showing that the "vaccine" is no panacea, and may actually do more harm than good for many people.
And yet, they want to take away the individual right to choose?
What about informed consent?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
It was inevitable that this hysterically hyped pathogen would be used as a political tool. Many warned from day one that it was a spectacularly bad idea to allow the government to dictate mandates in the name of 'public health', but we were assured the right of the government to dictate 'public health' measures was firmly established. Free Americans never should have allowed our broken government to assert this kind of arbitrary political nonsense...anarchy would be preferable to enslavement.

Posts: 1967 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
Let’s all mask up and shut down. Just two weeks to flatten the curve, don’t cha know.

Yeah, a lot of people, me included, bought that line the first time around. We won't get fooled again.

Btw: Everybody at one of my next-door-neighbors is sick. All three had previously tested positive for Covid-19 and all three got vaccinated, anyway.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
The mutation rate of SARS-CoV-2 is actually slow compared with other RNA viruses. I think it's something like half the rate of the flu, for example. This is due to the coronavirus having a built-in "proofreading" mechanism which by definition limits replication errors.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Kook:
Coronavirus is a cold virus. It has always mutated very quickly. Any vaccine for it is likely obsolete before it completes development

Thank you!

It's funny, when all of this started, I actually knew that (since then, had totally forgotten). Over a year and a half into this and I feel less informed than ever.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:

And the republican party could care less.

And how could the Republican Party care less? In states where Republicans have control, voting measures have been enacted, “emergency” powers have been yanked, etc.

I get it you look to shit on the Republican Party in every post you can, but tell me how with all the laws enacted that they “could care less”?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Mask mandate reinstated at my work as of yesterday.

:: sigh ::

Two of our facilities folks nearing retirement said "hell with this" and set a date.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
In a new thread, sigfreund claims that:

quote:
based on what I have seen in the other thread it is no longer about vaccines but rather policies. And there is a significant difference. If anyone is interested in discussion about the vaccines themselves, I believe it would be a chore to find there.

I will post this here, rather than there because it is about policy.

However, it should be noted that it's hard to talk about vaccines and ignore policy when the vaccine advocates are attempting to force or coerce people to take them as a matter of policy.

220,000 Member American Postal Workers Union Releases Statement Against Mandatory Vaccinations for Federal Employees

One of the reasons why the federal mandate for vaccinations will fail will be the backlash and refusal compliance by the blue-collar workforce.

While the U.S. ideological media will downplay the scale of power within the middle-class and blue-collar workforce, they know the true power exists. The team behind Biden might poke this bear to test a reaction, but they will not dare confront it directly. They know that. WE know that.

The 220,000 members of the American Postal Workers Union (APWU) released a statement saying the federal government has no business attempting to force vaccinate the workforce. This union will not be the only one… watch:

PRESS RELEASE – Various media outlets have reported that the White House is considering mandatory COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment for federal employees.

Maintaining the health and safety of our members is of paramount importance. While the APWU leadership continues to encourage postal workers to voluntarily get vaccinated, it is not the role of the federal government to mandate vaccinations for the employees we represent.

Issues related to vaccinations and testing for COVID-19 in the workplace must be negotiated with the APWU. At this time the APWU opposes the mandating of COVID-19 vaccinations in relation to U.S. postal workers.

https://theconservativetreehou...ployees/#more-214660

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
So am I reading this right that Australia since the beginning has recorded 1000 deaths due to the WuFlu? Yet they are determined to forcefully shut the county down to do what, keep people from being sick?

JC

Posts: 1269 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
All you American serfs will mask and vax or your livelihood will be destroyed.

All you beautiful precious immigrants are free to move about the country while infected.

Over 50K, released and bussed across America - no vaccinations, no masks, nothing.

https://www.axios.com/migrant-...e8-2a8b60e3c070.html

No telling what the real number is, Axios is a leftwing site.

These things are all related.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Published July 9
Americans 'do not need' COVID-19 booster shot, FDA, CDC say

https://www.foxnews.com/health...booster-shot-fda-cdc

In a statement published hours after Pfizer signaled its intention to file for emergency use authorization for a COVID-19 booster shot, the FDA and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said fully vaccinated Americans "do not need" an extra dose at this time. The health agencies said the U.S. "is fortunate to have highly effective vaccines that are widely available" to eligible populations.

"People who are fully vaccinated are protected from severe disease and death, including from the variants currently circulating in the country such as Delta," the statement said. "People who are not vaccinated remain at risk. Virtually all COVID-19 hospitalizations and deaths are among those who are unvaccinated."

PFIZER TO SEEK FDA AUTHORIZATION FOR COVID-19 BOOSTER SHOT

Published 2 hours ago (July 29, 2021)
Israel will reportedly begin offering a booster dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for people ages 60 and older, weeks after it opened up the availability of a third jab to at-risk populations. The move, reported via Israeli TV and radio but not yet published on the Ministry of Health website, comes amid a rapid rise in the delta variant.

Pfizer this week published data suggesting that a third dose of its vaccine would strongly boost protection against the delta variant. A preprint also suggested that efficacy dropped to about 84% about six months after the second dose.

Boosters remain a hotbed for debate in countries around the world, especially as health agencies investigate so-called breakthrough infections among vaccinated individuals and reinstate mask mandates in a bid to stop the spread.

https://www.foxnews.com/health...dults-over-60-report

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Biden wants state, local govts to give $100 to newly vaccinated Americans-Treasury

https://news.yahoo.com/biden-w...govts-193528335.html

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Joe Biden is calling for state, local and U.S. territorial governments to provide $100 payments for every newly vaccinated American to boost COVID-19 inoculation rates, the U.S. Treasury Department said on Thursday.

Treasury said in a statement that such incentives are an allowable use of funds from the $350 billion in aid granted to state, local, territorial and tribal governments under the American Rescue Plan Act. The department added that it would provide technical assistance in using these funds to support increased vaccinations.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Restaurant Group’s CEO: Customers Will Have to Give Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...nuHJ05uVztFOLYSTkdax

The founder of Shake Shack, Danny Meyer, said his Union Square Hospitality Group will require indoor diners and drinkers at its restaurants to show that they’ve been vaccinated against COVID-19.

Employees will also have to get the vaccine, Meyer said, although he didn’t say whether they would be fired or be forced to wear masks.

However, the policy will not be extended to Shake Shack, a hamburger fast-food restaurant that has a number of locations in the northeastern United States.

The policy will be implemented at the Union Square Hospitality Group, which oversees Gramercy Tavern, Manhatta, and Union Square Cafe. The group operates Anchovy Social in Washington, D.C., as well.

Posts: 12658 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Biden wants state, local govts to give $100 to newly vaccinated Americans-Treasury
President "drooling in his pudding cup" could offer me $1,000,000 (insert Austin Powers pic here) and I would tell that decrepit, senile, dementia-riddled sunuvabitch to go have coitus with himself. Up the anal sphincter.....

"...and the horse he rode in on."

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Will say that I'm see a lot more masked up people today in CFL, looks like the propaganda is working, it's nothing more than another use of a very effective attack on corporate america to force people into the vaccine regardless of belief.

You are going to have to have it to work, eat, play. Period.

One of my wifes co-workers is working the bosses in the office to force vaccine and masks on everyone, she's a lower level manager and won't come back in (they allow this) until everyone is vaccinated.

Posts: 23392 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
The drum beat is getting louder from the vaccinated on how the unvaccinated should be stripped of all rights and basically put under arrest or at least house arrest so they can then fearlessly go about their daily routine. I won’t link to the forum where I’m reading this stuff but it’s absolutely dumbfounding the things they are saying. These people are scared of their own shadow and will be the rest of their lives. I believe this attitude is more widely accepted than we even can think.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post