SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by kx90:
So now in PA Gov. Wolfie ordered that everyone must wear a mask to get into "essential" businesses.

This shit has gone completely off the rails.

I work for a large defense contractor in King of Prussia. We were just told today that mandatory temperature scans for all employees begins on Monday, there are going to be lines 2 miles long, because they are going to funnel everyone through one entrance, I’m talking about thousands and thousands of workers. This is going to be a clusterfuck like you never seen.

All because Emperor Wolf declared that businesses would have to do this.

I really don’t understand this, it seems like we are starting to see things level out and maybe even see the light at the end of the tunnel and this jackass is doubling down on the stupid.

I’m very glad I work at home now except for about three hours per week where I need to go in, I am going to change my hours to be there at night so I’m not stuck waiting in a hour long line. Mad
That defies logic even more so than the mask bullshit. You can still be a carrier and not have a temperature, can you not?

At this point it's all about control.

Bucks County just announced they are opening all county parks.

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by holdem:
I'll be curious to see if this mask things sticks elsewhere. Here in central FL, Osceola Country, which is just southwest of Orlando, near Disney, tried this late last week. It lasted one day. It was enforceable by $500 or 60 days, and they removed that penalty in 24 hours.

I've heard that NY is soon to do that, what if people can't find masks (they are in short supply) must they starve?

I'm on the boat "this is ridiculous"

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wreckdiver:
quote:
I'll be curious to see if this mask things sticks elsewhere. Here in central FL, Osceola Country, which is just southwest of Orlando, near Disney, tried this late last week. It lasted one day. It was enforceable by $500 or 60 days, and they removed that penalty in 24 hours.

I've heard that NY is soon to do that, what if people can't find masks (they are in short supply) must they starve?

This entire evolution is obviously ridiculous.

But I don't think it matters if the mask is an N95 or a Tricky Dick mask. Just as long as you have some type of covering.

Me? I'm not wearing jackshit.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

It is ridiculous, but my guess is it will devolve into "face coverings" vs actual masks, simply because of availability.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Northeastern Directorate? Didnt a group of states form a similar group in 1861?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Ok, I was a smartass, you got your jab in, let's move on.

Fair nuff.
Sorry for being snarky back at ya. Smile

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
Trump is currently announcing plans to reopen the country.

Posts: 6345 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
If nothing else we're seeing a case study play out in real time as to how much of this BS Americans will take before the lid blows off and they render government and its decrees irrelevant. We're already seeing signs in Michigan, Colorado, and elsewhere that the lid is reaching a blow off point.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:

Technically, that would be 1812.

http://www.wbur.org/radiobosto...w-england-succession

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, in North Carolina we haven’t Yet been subjected to any orders to wear a mask while going to the grocery store or similar places. But, should that happen, I will wear my Darth Vader mask (circa Halloween 2012).

Posts: 425 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: April 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I'm watching this three phase plan being laid out my Dr. Birx. Phase two should've been the extent of our strategy from the very beginning.

And screw you and your "New Normal." Count me out of that.

And now Dr. Fauci is up there making it sound like getting through these phases is going to take months. "Safety is paramount" he says. Wrong. I subscribe to Mike Rowe's theory of "Safety Third." Let's get out of this European Vacation roundabout like trap now. I've had my fill of Big Ben.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
If nothing else we're seeing a case study play out in real time as to how much of this BS Americans will take before the lid blows off and they render government and its decrees irrelevant. We're already seeing signs in Michigan, Colorado, and elsewhere that the lid is reaching a blow off point.

“The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.” Frederick Douglass

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...gin-reopening-may-1/

Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine (R) announced Thursday that the state will begin to re-open on May 1, the same day its stay-at-home order prompted by the Chinese coronavirus pandemic is scheduled to expire.

In his daily press briefing, DeWine affirmed the importance of restarting Ohio’s economy to recreate the jobs lost in recent weeks. He also said the state is still forming guidelines for companies that enable their employees to return safely.

“We must get this right. If we do not do this right, the consequences are horrendous,” said the governor. “The world that we’re going to see is a different world.”

“Barriers, distancing, all the things we have talked so much about. The workplace is going to change,” he added.

However, DeWine acknowledged that it will be difficult to say when mass gatherings will take place again.

eWine’s announcement comes as some Ohioans have taken to protesting the stay-at-home order, demanding that they be able to return to work. At least 855,000 residents have applied for unemployment benefits since the outbreak began.

As of Thursday, there are 8,414 confirmed coronavirus cases in Ohio and 389 deaths, according to data tracked by the Ohio Department of Health.

Posts: 19563 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Opening up America again, criteria on scribd.

https://www.scribd.com/documen...ullscreen&from_embed

NRA Benefactor

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine (R) announced Thursday that the state will begin to re-open on May 1,

Thank goodness one of these governors had the stones to go first. All right the rest of you republican governors, follow the leader.

Posts: 2285 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I believe that they are going to back out of this deal the same way they went in...falling all over each other trying to do 'the most'.

Posts: 297 | Location: Ogden, UT | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

That's idiot's latest "Executive" order. If in public and not or unable to social distance you must wear a mask in NY State.

Posts: 3448 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

mandatory temperature scans for all employees begins on Monday, there are going to be lines 2 miles long, because they are going to funnel everyone through one entrance, I’m talking about thousands and thousands of workers.
Thousands of workers, six feet apart. The lines will probably stretch to Idaho.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30645 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AChicago hospital treating severe Covid-19 patients with Gilead Sciences’ antiviral medicine remdesivir in a closely watched clinical trial is seeing rapid recoveries in fever and respiratory symptoms, with nearly all patients discharged in less than a week, STAT has learned.

Remdesivir was one of the first medicines identified as having the potential to impact SARS-CoV-2, the novel coronavirus that causes Covid-19, in lab tests. The entire world has been waiting for results from Gilead’s clinical trials, and positive results would likely lead to fast approvals by the Food and Drug Administration and other regulatory agencies. If safe and effective, it could become the first approved treatment against the disease.

The University of Chicago Medicine recruited 125 people with Covid-19 into Gilead’s two Phase 3 clinical trials. Of those people, 113 had severe disease. All the patients have been treated with daily infusions of remdesivir.

Of the 113 treated, 2 died, the rest recovered quickly and were discharged!

Markets are shooting up after hours on the news.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Link for above:

https://www.statnews.com/2020/...onding-to-treatment/

NRA Benefactor