SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
At the current level, Zoom's market value exceeds that of two storied automakers, General Motors and Ford, combined, as well the value of aviation giant Boeing and consumer favorite Starbucks

^^^^^^^
That price is not sustainable. Trees do not grow to the skies. Telemedicine for example is not what it is cracked up to be.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nancy Pelosi gets hair done at SF salon in spite of COVID-19 rules

https://nypost.com/2020/09/01/...e-of-covid-19-rules/

It’s ‘hair-esy.’

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi got her hair done at a San Francisco salon on Monday — in spite of local coronavirus rules barring indoor personal-care services, Fox News reported.

Security footage obtained by the outlet shows the California Democrat strolling through eSalon in the city’s Pacific Heights neighborhood at around 3:10 p.m. on Monday.

She can be seen wearing a black smock with her wet locks slicked back — but no mask on her face.

Hair salons and barber shops in San Francisco have been shuttered since March, and officials on Monday gave the OK to reopen, but for outdoor service only.

Salon owner Erica Kious called the congresswoman’s visit “a slap in the face.”

“It was a slap in the face that she went in, you know, that she feels that she can just go and get her stuff done while no one else can go in, and I can’t work,” Kious told Fox.

“We’re supposed to look up to this woman, right?” Kious added. “It is just disturbing.”

One of the independent stylists Kious works with reached out to her on Sunday night and requested to rent a chair in the salon for an appointment.

“I’ll be there at 2:45 tomorrow. Pelosi assistant just messaged me to do her hair,” the stylist wrote in a text message to Kious published by Fox.

Kious replied: “Pelosi?”

“I was like, are you kidding me right now?,” she told the outlet.

In a statement to The Post, Pelosi spokesman Drew Hammill insisted that the speaker was following the rules — as explained to her by the salon.

“This business offered for the Speaker to come in on Monday and told her they were allowed by the city to have one customer at a time in the business,” he said. “The Speaker complied with the rules as presented to her by this establishment.”

“The speaker always wears a mask and complies with local COVID requirements,” Hammill added.

It’s unclear whether the salon actually did have such an allowance from the city. Kious didn’t immediately return a call from The Post.

Posts: 12685 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
<snip>
That price is not sustainable.
<snip>
/QUOTE]

You might be right. Or not…

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8958 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
They’ve already infested FL. You see so many moving to FL with NY and NJ plates.

They need to stay there and live with the consequences of their elections.
'Or' they need to lose their voting rights when coming to Florida. They might have F'ed up their state but they shouldn't have the opportunity to do the same here.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Rules for Thee but not for Me, episode 38495485746568999991. ^

The photos of that Mayor having dinner in another city, chilling with no mask, was on the nose, too.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Rules for Thee but not for Me, episode 38495485746568999991.

Sort of reminds one of the Global Warming hypocrites.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
<snip>
That price is not sustainable.
<snip>

You might be right. Or not…

At over 1,800 P/E, I cant see how he's wrong.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Pregnant mom in AU arrested and all electronic devices in house seized (including BF and sister's phones) over a Facebook post about protesting the lockdowns

Holy cow, Australia is not messing around with COVID, looks like they've thrown whatever rights they have out the window. I thought things were getting bad here, that's a whole new level.

The perfectly innocent post and arrest video at above link.

CJevans, do you guys not have something similar to the First Amendment there?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Pregnant mom in AU arrested and all electronic devices in house seized (including BF and sister's phones) over a Facebook post about protesting the lockdowns

Holy cow, Australia is not messing around with COVID, looks like they've thrown whatever rights they have out the window. I thought things were getting bad here, that's a whole new level.

The perfectly innocent post and arrest video at above link.

CJevans, do you guys not have something similar to the First Amendment there?

Scary as hell

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AzMikeCFD102
posted Hide Post
"The Big Con is being exposed, darkness to light."

The pillar of COVID deaths crumbled just days ago when the CDC updated their mortality numbers to reflect deaths “from COVID” versus deaths “with COVID.”

Death with COVID means that George Floyd is counted a COVID death because he tested positive at autopsy. This is similar to the case of a Colorado man dying of alcohol poisoning but the death was later blamed on COVID. Washington public officials counted gunshot fatalities as COVID deaths.

The new CDC statistics show that only 6,640 deaths are due to COVID alone, rather than the commonly reported 164,280 deaths allegedly associated with COVID. In other words, only 4 percent of media sensationalized deaths were due solely to COVID and not other underlying medical conditions.

Could COVID have been a contributory factor? Sure, but what about the underlying comorbidities such as diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, even terminal cancer, all of which significantly increased the risk of death from COVID or even the seasonal flu. The CDC summarized it succinctly, “For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned.”

https://www.americanthinker.co...vid_con_exposed.html

MAGA

NRA
Gun Owners of America

Posts: 388 | Location: Tucson, Az | Registered: August 17, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, gosh, that's so surprising. Never would I have guessed. After all, governments and the news media never lie. Razz

Posts: 107608 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Wichita, Kansas city government now requires citizens to wear face masks when entering City Hall, and will provide those attempting to enter without a face mask with a paper towel that has two rubber bands stapled to it as ear straps.

https://nationalfile.com/city-...towels-rubber-bands/

At a City Council meeting, members of the public demanding an end to the mask mandate called attention to the makeshift masks, with one man with a biochemistry degree claiming that he was given a dirty paper towel with grease on it to cover his face.

““This paper towel… is actually dirty,” said Scot Pierce, according to The Wichita Eagle. “This has greasy thumbprints, hand prints on it. And my guess is the maintenance man who probably made these did not wash his hands before he put these together. I would not put this on my face and this is not an adequate filtrate to any kind of viral micron.”

Wichita City Manager Robert Layton claimed what the city is “providing are temporary mask coverings, prepared by staff.” He added that “It’s only intended to be temporary for those who don’t bring their own mask into the space.”

According to Bowles, Layton’s office later clarified that “the shop towel masks were produced early on in the pandemic when mask supplies of any kind were difficult for everyone to find,” and “The City-provided shop towel masks were produced to serve as a temporary and disposable solution for those visiting City Hall.”

He adds that research suggests the masks should be about 50% effective at blocking outgoing COVID-19 particles, despite criticism from Pierce and the public that the masks would likely break down almost instantly due to the wearer exhaling air.

Posts: 12685 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AzMikeCFD102:
"The Big Con is being exposed, darkness to light."

I think there are four categories:

-Died from COVID (the under 10k count)

-Died from COVID plus complications (vast majority)

-Died with COVID (just happened to have COVID)

-Complete BS count or suspected case.

The longer this goes on the more we are going to find for 98% or more of healthy people it's just not that serious. For the other couple percent they were either unlucky or had complicating factors.

I still don't want the shit, because I don't want to be in that 1/2% that gets fucked by it with no real explanation.

Just more evidence we wrecked our economy for no reason.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Seems Kate Brown has been in the news a bit lately and working overtime thinking up all sorts of creative ideas. Her latest for today is an order to extend Oregon's Covid-19 state of emergency until November 3rd. That's right, election day.

https://www.kptv.com/news/gov-...zh3HUAPb6TaFZwQW13xg

I would respond with something like “unbelieveable,” but of course, not only is it absolutely believable, but coldly calculated and blindingly political.

Posts: 13264 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
How about you kiss my white ass, Doc? Roll Eyes

That's not sanitary.

In other news, on that same site a man petitions Lincoln, NE council to rename boneless wings. Major issue!!

Oh the humanity!!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12418 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
The Wichita, Kansas city government now requires citizens to wear face masks when entering City Hall, and will provide those attempting to enter without a face mask with a paper towel that has two rubber bands stapled to it as ear straps.

Holy shit. Laughing my fucking ass off. Hahahaha. I guess when they run out of paper towels they'll have rolls of TP. If they run out of rubber bands, they will have a ball of string. Big Grin

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12639 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some financial breaks from Universities. Not nearly enough, but a start. Here is the story:

Northwestern University reducing tuition due to remote learning
CORONAVIRUS
by: WGN Web Desk

Posted: Sep 2, 2020 / 12:43 PM CDT / Updated: Sep 2, 2020 / 12:55 PM CDT
CHICAGO — Northwestern University is cutting freshman and sophomore tuition by 10% to compensate for students having to learn and study at home due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Students who get federal aid will not benefit, unless they update the feds on their financial situation, and apply for cheaper rates.

Administrators made the decision that, with social distancing requirements, there are not enough rooms to accommodate all students who want to stay on campus.

Only upperclassmen and graduate students may stay.
LINK: https://wgntv.com/news/coronav...-to-remote-learning/

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-p...are-shocking-n870757

"The 80th Annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally took place from August 7-16 in South Dakota. Attendance at the rally was slightly down, at 462,000, a 7.5% decrease from 2019. No doubt COVID-19 fears played a part in the attendance reduction. Perhaps those with pre-existing health conditions declined to attend."

"The City of Sturgis conducted mass COVID testing for its citizens after welcoming hundreds of thousands of visitors for the 80th annual Motorcycle Rally. Now, the city is announcing the results.

A total of 650 people took advantage of the free testing, with 26 people testing positive for COVID-19.

All of them were asymptomatic at the time of testing.

It is unlikely there will be new positive tests related to the rally. It would also be highly unusual for symptoms to appear at this stage. The city waited 12 days before publishing the results and the most common point for symptoms to appear is between days four and five after infection.

In total, it appears, as of August 28, 12 days after the rally, a total of 196 positive tests were linked to rally attendance:

STURGIS: Reported COVID-19 cases linked to the South Dakota motorcycle rally is 196, by my latest count this AM. Tracking continues. Tally:
SD: 88
MN: 35
ND: 21
Colo.: 20+
Wyo.: 10
Neb.: 7
Mont.: 6
NH: 6
Wisc.: 2
Wash: 1
Sources below:

— jayfug (@jayfug) August 28, 2020 "

"We should be more than thrilled with these numbers given it was a gathering of nearly a half a million people with little social distancing and a lot of close-contact extracurriculars. The City of Sturgis offered screening tests for asymptomatic people. If a PCR test can detect viral particles for up to 90 days, there is no guarantee that the individuals who tested positive were exposed at the rally, especially if they never developed symptoms."

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Nancy Pelosi gets hair done at SF salon in spite of COVID-19 rules

And she is fighting back, saying the salon "set her up"- and demanding an apology

Doesn't she realize she is up for re-election? Big Grin

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post