SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
And on this day, August 29, 2020, Sweden's WuhFlu daily deaths 7-day moving average is 1. The US WuhFlu daily deaths 7-day moving average is 960. Sweden has a population of 10.1 million. The US population is younger and about 33 times larger. Sweden reported its first death on March 4, 2020. The first death in the US was apparently on February 6, 2020. Sweden's medically sound, scientifically based strategy, has clearly performed much better than the hysterical approach championed by the so-called US experts.

And yes, I think the damage done by the governments hysterical and continued irrational response will be seen before very long as an epic man-made disaster.

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 675 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
New CDC report says 94% of COVID deaths had underlying conditions, only 6% died from COVID alone

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has issued a new report detailing how many COVID-19 deaths in America also involved other underlying health conditions.

According to the report, only 6% of the COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. list COVID-19 as the only cause of death. 94% of COVID-19 deaths involved at least one other underlying health condition, and on average involved "2.6 additional conditions or causes of death."

Table 3 shows the types of health conditions and contributing causes mentioned in conjunction with deaths involving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death. The number of deaths with each condition or cause is shown for all deaths and by age groups.The new report on the CDC's website states:

The CDC listed the top underlying medical conditions linked to coronavirus deaths as:

Influenza and pneumonia
Respiratory failure
Hypertensive disease
Diabetes
Vascular and unspecified dementia
Cardiac Arrest
Heart failure
Renal failure
Intentional and unintentional injury, poisoning and other adverse events
Other medical conditions

According to the CDC, 9,683 people have died in the United States having only COVID-19 listed on their death certificate as cause of death. At the time the CDC report was released, 161,392 deaths had been attributed to COVID-19 in the U.S.Link

Posts: 24395 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
And yet, the panic not only continues, it increases. I've been saying for a long time, the day will come when I can say "I told you so" and it will come at the point where the evidence is overwhelming and irrefutable that none of the silly shit we've been subjected to was necessay. We don't need to wear masks. We don't "social distance". We didn't need to shut down all our institutions and businesses. We didn't need 19 freakin' bazillion ventilators. We don't even need a vaccine, which, I doubt will be in the least effective, if it materializes at all.

Tell me- when's the last time you hear of anyone getting the flu? Nobody gets the flu anymore. No, it's all "COVID-19". We have frauds chalking up motor vehicle accident deaths as COVID-19 deaths. We have incompetent and dishonest leftist public health officials flat-out falsifying numbers. We have nearly destroyed the best economy anyone drawing breath right now will ever see. We have put millions upon millions of Americans out of work, drained state and Federal coffers compensating these workers, and caused the failures of untold numbers of small businesses. We have stimulated the manias and phobias of hypochondriacs the world over and created fear- genuine fear- in gullible people, to the point they may never fully recover. We have made it easy for con-men to capitalize on this fear and uncertainty and we have facilitated fraud at all levels of government.

But, hey, "if it saves one life..." Mad

The day will come when all of this becomes sufficiently clear to a majority of the population and when that happens, I am going to stand up and shout "I. TOLD. YOU. SO!!"

Posts: 109259 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This was all that remained in their trick bag. Crash Trumps economy. The Donald will curb stomp the dems. It’s a new Republican Party with President Trump running the show, it’s a smarter and stronger power now, reaching more folks that like what they see & hear.

Posts: 5775 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does military’s biodefense lab hold a key to future coronavirus treatment?

https://justthenews.com/politi...y-future-coronavirus

Though often omitted from public conversations about pandemic solutions, the U.S. military has a huge stake in fighting deadly infectious diseases and quietly has been researching novel treatments for years at its secretive biodefense lab at Fort Detrick.

The reasons are mission obvious. With soldiers deployed in exotic locations around the world where novel viruses like Ebola, Zika or bird and swine flus can strike with lighting speed and alarming fatality, the Pentagon wants to make sure it has treatments to keep its forces from being disabled

It’s from that body of research that an intriguing potential remedy, an organic extract, has emerged. And of all sources, it comes from the common but toxic flowering plant oleander.

Dr. John Dye, chief of viral immunology at the USAMRIID lab at Fort Detrick, confirmed to Just the News that his team began testing the extract known as oleandrin a few years ago and found it was effective in fighting the Ebola and Marburg viruses. The Army lab is now ramping up a rapid plan to test oleandrin against COVID-19.

“We found that at non-toxic concentrations, oleandrin was efficacious at slowing and halting viral growth in tissue culture assays” for the Ebola and Marburg viruses, Dye said in emailed answers to questions.

Because those viruses are enveloped, just like COVID-19, the lab is pressing ahead to do similar tests on the theory that the extract may have similar effects on the coronavirus at the center of today’s pandemic, he said.

“We are finalizing arrangements to test oleandrin in our tissue culture assays for COVID-19 virus,” he said.

Oleandrin has been a rising star in the biomedical world the last few years, with some clinical trials now showing it has helped several types of cancer patients improve. Because it is natural and appears to work in low, non-toxic doses and has a track record in the cancer world, it could have appeal should Dye’s lab find it works on the coronavirus.

In fact, Dye said, it was oleandrin’s success in cancer research that first put it on his team’s radar.

“A scientist moved from MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston to my group, and he provided the introduction for the oleandrin team,” he explained. “We were encouraged by the data that had been generated against other infectious viruses and decided to pursue testing with the filoviruses, Ebola and Marburg.”

Fort Detrick’s research was presented at a 2017 medical conference that did not generate much media attention but provided a strong endorsement that oleandrin appeared to have strong potential for fighting enveloped viruses, which use disguises to infect the body without detection. Dye and a fellow researcher from Fort Detrick joined the findings along with scientists for Phoenix Biotechnology, the San Antonio, Texas-based company that has developed the extract.

Oleandrin “fully inhibited” the Marburg and Ebola viruses in petri dishes, suggesting the natural compound has “broad spectrum efficacy” and may also have “antiviral efficacy against other enveloped viruses,” the researchers' presentation declared in 2017.

It was that data that gave Dye’s lab an interest in testing oleandrin against COVID-19 now. If the in-vitro tests show it works, the next step would be human testing in clinical trials.

Andrew Whitney, executive chairman of Phoenix Biotechnology, told Just the News he is excited that Dye’s lab is beginning testing against the coronavirus and said a separate lab has already done extensive testing in recent weeks and preliminarily found oleandrin is effective against COVID-19.

“One leading U.S. institution has already reported remarkable efficacy of our compound against COVID-19, having completed multiple lab studies over the past month. We will soon make the details of that public,” he said.

Because oleandrin already has wide user in cancer trials and comes from a plentiful flower product, it has advantages in getting to market more quickly should Fort Detrick’s tests and then subsequent clinical trials find it is effective and safe, he added.

“Of great importance is the fact that our solution is based on an Active Principal Ingredient that is 100% natural, made entirely in America, and our solution is available in significant scale, now,” he said.

Posts: 13167 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
New CDC report says 94% of COVID deaths had underlying conditions, only 6% died from COVID alone

Well no shit...you don't say! Roll Eyes

Finally, the beginnings of an audit of this shit. I want to see a nationwide deep audit into EVERY record of a COVID death. This is a start, but I want to see metadata too about which hospitals, etc were blanket putting COVID as a COD--and how much money they were taking in for it.

I want heads to roll--literally--for this shit.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AN ALL-AMERICAN NATURAL COMPOUND
TO CONTEND WITH THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
A Promising Response to the Coronavirus-2019 Threat

http://www.phoenixbiotechnolog...IAnswerToCovid19.php

Proposing an entirely U.S.-developed, -sourced and -manufactured treatment for “envelope viruses” – including Coronavirus-2019 (COVID-19) – that can be available in great scale now at a low price-point.

San Antonio-based Phoenix Biotechnology, Inc. (PBI) has identified and developed a product extracted from Nerium oleander, a naturally occurring American plant. An active compound from this plant is called oleandrin. PBI’s research to date suggests that the extract prevents key viruses from correctly forming their protective “envelope”, rendering the virus progeny non-infective; the virus is then unable to overwhelm the host and its ability to spread itself is severely impaired. In this way, oleandrin may help “flatten the curve” and curtail the pandemic. Due to its efficacy against the viral envelope, it is considered a platform solution with wide-spectrum applicability to address multiple viral pathogens and their mutations.

Safety: A related PBI botanical extract (PBI-05204) has undergone Phase I and Phase II clinical trials for an oncology application. The same extract has been used to treat a significant number of patients. These trials established effective dosage and showed minimal side effects, even at the highest dose administered. PBI has also tested the extract against other viruses with similar enveloped structure at the U.S. Army Medical Research Institute for Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID) at Ft. Detrick and other prestigious institutions.

The University of Texas Medical Branch (World Reference Center for Emerging Viruses and Arboviruses) in Galveston has performed a number of very successful laboratory experiments using the compound against COVID-19. Among the results was confirmation that oleandrin achieves a dramatic 20,000-fold reduction in viral infectivity within 24 hours.

Prophylaxis/Preventative Indications: Laboratory research at UTMB has shown indications of prophylaxis, as described in a newly published report that is currently undergoing peer-review. Animal trials designed to investigate the prevention as well as therapeutic efficacy of PBI’s botanical extract are also underway on COVID-19.

Phoenix Biotechnology seeks to help Americans and the citizenry of the wider world escape the grip of a virus that has ruined families, businesses, and communities globally.

After many months of a debilitating pandemic, with unprecedented power and resources at their disposal, the FDA has not approved or delivered a single drug, treatment, cure, remedy, other therapeutic, or vaccine.

With a compound that has already met FDA Phase I & II safety what could be the harm in allowing tests in a supervised hospital setting? Why such an apparently coordinated and hysterical media response?

The PBI Extract’s Proven Track-record

• PBI’s extract successfully underwent Phase I and Phase II clinical trials in patients with cancer. Phase I trials were conducted at the University of Texas’ M.D. Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX) with Principal Investigator Dr. David Hong, MD. Phase II trials took place at 5 sites across the United States, under a team headed up by Dr. Jordan Berlin, MD (Vanderbilt University).

• Jagan Sastry, PhD, Professor at the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, University of Texas, has shown that oleandrin as well as the PBI extract significantly reduces HIV virus infectivity through damage to the viral envelope, leaving virus progeny weak and ineffective. He also established that it inhibits HIV replication.

• In 2017, PBI’s extract proved successful in arresting other enveloped viruses, including Marburg and Ebola, under laboratory conditions in tests overseen by John M Dye, PhD, the Director of Virology at the U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases USAMRIID, Fort Detrick, Maryland. The presence of virally infected cells was eliminated within 48 hours.

• Dr. Ravit Boger, MD, Chief & Professor of Pediatrics and Infectious Disease at the Medical College of Wisconsin, has validated the PBI extract against Cytomegalovirus (CMV), HSV-1 ad HSV-2.

• Robert Harrod, PhD of the Department of Biological Sciences at Southern Methodist University, has worked with Dr. Newman to show that viral replication is inhibited for HTLV-1 via the same mechanism of envelope impairment.

• The PBI extract has also shown unique potential for glioblastoma and degenerative brain diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI). TBI has affected thousands of DoD personnel injured in the course of military operations.

• In late March-early April, the World Reference Center for Emerging Viruses and Arboviruses at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston performed tests three times against COVID-19. The results affirmed that the active compound achieves a 20,000-fold reduction in viral infectivity. UTMB has continued to conduct laboratory testing with impressive results.

Posts: 13167 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AzMikeCFD102
posted Hide Post
Up to 90 per cent of people diagnosed with coronavirus may not be carrying enough of it to infect anyone else, study finds as experts say tests are too sensitive

Up to 90 percent of people tested for COVID-19 in Massachusetts, New York and Nevada in July carried barely any traces of the virus, a new report says
Experts say it could be because today's tests are 'too sensitive'

In the US PCR testing is the most widely used diagnostic test for COVID-19
PCR tests analyze genetic matter from the virus in cycles and today's tests typically take 37 or 40 cycles

Experts say this is too high because it deems a patient positive even if they have small traces of the virus that are old and no longer contagious
They suggest lowering the number of cycles, which would hone in on people with a higher viral load and who are more contagious

Today there are 5.9million cases of COVID-19 in the US and there have been more than 182,000 deaths

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...tests-sensitive.html

MAGA

NRA
Gun Owners of America

Posts: 388 | Location: Tucson, Az | Registered: August 17, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

The day will come when all of this becomes sufficiently clear to a majority of the population and when that happens, I am going to stand up and shout "I. TOLD. YOU. SO!!"

That's damn right.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30958 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
My younger son went to Texas to get a job as a software engineer in the hottest job market in 20 years. Poof! It all disappeared but there he was stuck in Texas, and his usual anxiety went through the roof. And he was afraid to come home because he might bring us the Covid, he thought.

Don’t know what else he was doing there, but he was just admitted to the hospital with DKA—was not a known diabetic before, but HbA1C was 12!!

Now he’s having to deal with the anxiety of being a diabetic, and maybe some new neurological symptoms in addition.

I’m on my way to see him today.
ZSMichael, you’re not in Texas by any chance?

Wow....we found out when my oldest was 14, it can be hugely stressful. Is he in the Metroplex? If so let me know if he needs anything.

My oldest, now 21 locked himself away for 3 months out of concern, it really took a toll on his mental well being.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
This just popped up. Interesting that around mid July local news ran a story on this but that the results didn't support the President and the study continued. Apparently not so...

https://aapsonline.org/new-stu...s-lives-states-aaps/

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38296 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
This is an older article but in countries that have a lot of malaria (and consequently take a lot of hydroxychloroquine) there is lower rates of covid.
https://www.foxnews.com/world/...r-coronavirus-deaths

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5728 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

This has all been a lie. As stated earlier, this has been all a lie the size of Enron. Heads do need to roll for the suicides of all those who lost everything they built and got shutdown. Entire organizations need to be audited like the CDC and exposed, like the WHO.

I've known more who died from suicide than this sham, and it is sickening.

Posts: 653 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^

I think it's going to take a retrospective study a year or two from now to even get close to an accurate assessment. If the total deaths over a couple of years are compared to pre-Covid, it should be pretty easy to figure out how big of an over count took place.

Posts: 9039 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I've always had a couple of really fundamental questions

this is just a flu bug - a SARS derivative

so why have we been told NOT to try to develop an immunity to it?

Why did we previously get kids together for measles and mumps parties to TRY to get the condition so we could develop an immunity?

Why all of a sudden was it so important that we sequester ourselves into coffins and NOT get a chance to get an immunity for the first time in the history? What about all of the other conditions that we would have run into on a day to day basis that would strengthen our own systems - how have they been compromised and weakened by all this 'social distancing' bullshit

there is something they're not telling us and its not that the death numbers are over-inflated - thats obvious since no one died of the flu, or pneumonia or underlying conditions since April

Posts: 53887 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
9,210 people actually died of the wuflu up to last Friday. Even PDJT was conned by the traitor Fauci...

Posts: 930 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
its curious that the countries that have been hit the hardest seem to be military and economic adversaries of China...

curious how that appears to have just happened...

coincidence?

Posts: 53887 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Not unexpected really, another victim of the governments covid rules, families....

Divorce rates soar under COVID restrictions

U.S. Divorce Rates Surge Amid The Coronavirus Pandemic

The coronavirus pandemic put a significant strain on relationships as couples were forced to stay at home as businesses were shut down across the country. In addition to spending more time together, couples have been forced to deal with the financial stresses of losing income, adjusting to working from home, and having to help their kids as they transitioned to distance learning.

According to a survey, 31% of respondents said the lockdowns caused irreparable damage to their relationships. As a result, the number of divorces in the country has soared.

The impact of being stuck at home for most of the day was seen in mid-April, just three weeks after most states shut down their economies to slow the spread of COVID-19. Legal Templates, which provides legal documents online, noticed a surge in demand for divorce paperwork. The company said they saw a 57% increase compared to February. They found that newlyweds were the most likely to seek a divorce.

Legal Templates said that 58% of couples who were seeking a divorce had been married less than five years. In 2019, couples married less than five months accounted for 11% of their sales, but in the first few months of 2020, they accounted for 20% of sales.

The company also tracked the number of divorces by region and found that people living in the south were three times as likely to seek a divorce than people living in other areas of the United States.

Posts: 24395 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
U.S. Divorce Rates Surge Amid The Coronavirus Pandemic

So why are we attributing this to the pandemic? I suspect most of these relationships had pre-existing conditions.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12741 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All marriages have preexisting problems. It would stand to reason that the quarantine and job loss aggravated things. A statistical analysis and actual research would be helpful. The media of course likes to write opinion pieces not based on fact. One thing for sure is that the sales of alcohol have skyrocketed throughout the United States. There are a number of positive things that have come from the pandemic, but I see very little written about this subject.

Posts: 17578 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post