SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
When you discuss Flu, remember it can change into pneumonia pretty quick. And that can and does kill people.
A couple of years ago I got the Flu that warped into pneumonia and put me in the ER. They wanted admit me but my crappy insurance would have bankrupted me so I declined. Took me a month to turn the corner on it.

Yes but when you got the flu did the government decide to trash a 20 trillion dollar economy?

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Court orders Oregon's lockdown null and void.

Oregon's coronavirus restrictions ruled 'null and void' after governor failed to get approval from legislature

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...val-from-legislature

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Hostilities going on where? What are you talking about?

Read the last few pages.

I went into work for a little today. Guess what I wore a mask (required to at Dick's, those dicks). I used some hand sanitizer when I left too.

I went and had service done on my work vehicle afterwards, didn't wear a mask at the dealership, no signs requiring it, but once again when I left I used hand sanitizer. I also wiped down the steering wheel, gear shifter, and door handle with Lysol wipes.

Go ahead guys, call me crazy, brainwashed, or living in fear.

If possible I'd prefer not to get the bug, but I'm almost to the point of wanting to lick door knobs and get it over with. Although if I need to wear a mask at the job location I go to tomorrow, I will. If they don't have a sign up then I won't.

It's possible that some people both want to push back against overreach while also not wanting to get sick. During flu season I also wash my hands more and ask customers to use their own pens if they are visibly sick. I also use hand wipes when I go into dirty customers houses.

Taking normal precautions pre-COVID was not frowned upon, I don't know why it is today. Even after this stupid nonsense is over, I will still wash my hands more frequently during flu season and use hand wipes when exposed to visibly sick people, as I always have.

I prefer not to get the Wu-flu, regular flu, or the cold if possible. I don't understand why anyone would care if someone washes their hands an extra time or two a day or doesn't stage a protest if the store you enter asks you to wear a mask.

Same here man, I wear a mask in stores that require it. Wipe stuff down when I am done. Use hand sanitizer when done.

I go about my life. I am fortunate that I don't really have to go very far very often.

I think with many, this will become standard practice. Use something, sanitize it for the next user.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What I don't understand is how you guys who are talking about taking all these extra precautions, and about how so many people are going to make permanent changes to their lives along these lines, is why didn't you do all of this a decade ago?

2009 swine flu pandemic

A decade ago, you guys were adults, you were in charge of your lives, free to make decisions such as we're talking about now. So, why did you wait a decade to make all these changes?

Do you know why? Because just as with the attack on the US Embassy in Libya on September 11, 2012, a Democrat was in the White House, and to use an old phrase about sycophancy, the news media just loved Barack Obama's dirty drawers. Downplay, downplay, downplay. Downplay anything and everything that goes against the leftist narrative. Downplay anything that makes the administration of Barack Obama look bad.

So, in between the ass-kissing adulation and worship of their commie god, and the absolutely insane, over the top ridiculous frenzied panic of 2020 is a happy medium called 'objective reportage' which the news media is incapable of striking. Orange Man Bad. Krimson Kenyan, Savior of Earth. With a wave of his magical hand, Barry the Red could affect the levels of the oceans of Earth.

You didn't get worked up about the pandemic of a decade ago because they downplayed all of it. Honestly, how many of us even remembered the 2009 pandemic at all? I certainly did not. And in the decade since, you've lived your life, with infectious diseases lurking about you every day, and you shook hands and hugged friends and shared food in restaurants and the rest of the stuff that goes along with living in a society. But, not now. No, now we're fully into the age of fear and public lies and self-absorbed weakling Millenials.

You are being played like a bass fiddle. Oh, I know you won't believe me, but you not accepting what I'm saying to you doesn't make it any less true.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
And all the fuggers talking about a vaccine. Take a wild ass guess as to what percentage of the population gets a flu shot annually?.......31%

That's right, less than 1/3rd of the population. But I'm sure it'll be different with the 'rona.

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No Government interest in my Flu/Pneumonia at all.
My PCP said "get your ass to the ER for a full exam"!
The ER folks were very ho-hum about my malady.
I did social distance myself for quite a while. I was too whipped to do anything else.
I had plenty of butt wipe too. No mask either.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16093 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Apparently your filters are still working, so you would say, "OK, Karen." My filters are worn out, so I would be more likely to say, "Why don't you mind your own fucking business?"

It would appear, at 79, that my filters have failed too and I am quite happy about that. Even my wife seems to have accepted that most outrageous stuff come out of my mouth in public, exacerbated by the yellow plague. But then, she seems to have zero fucks to give just lately either...

Posts: 916 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I think we all know the answer to this, but...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
We're all gonna die! Everyone must wear a mask everywhere, no exceptions! Don't rub your hands on your face! But when the cameras go off at the White House Press Conference, CNN's own Kaitlan Collins shows us all just how dangerous this virus 'really' is.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
And all the fuggers talking about a vaccine. Take a wild ass guess as to what percentage of the population gets a flu shot annually?.......31%

That's right, less than 1/3rd of the population. But I'm sure it'll be different with the 'rona.

I don't do flu shots since Uncle Sam made me get them, there is no telling what I have been vaccinated for

You ever see someone get sliced open because they flinched while getting a shot with those air powered vaccination guns? Eek

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Actually the public schools are succeeding at exactly what they intend......creating new generations of little brain dead, robot leftists they can control.

Three generations of them now...

Posts: 916 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
We're all gonna die! Everyone must wear a mask everywhere, no exceptions! Don't rub your hands on your face! But when the cameras go off at the White House Press Conference, CNN's own Kaitlan Collins shows us all just how dangerous this virus 'really' is.
Watching all their nonsense, I have become a firm believer that Trump should have his own cameras on them the second they enter the press room until they leave. Stream it all live on the interwebz.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
It is very unlikely that I will forget having my freedom and rights trampled on and being placed on house arrest. And I damn sure will remember it come election time.

Damn straight Skippy!

Right there with you, brother.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Watching all their nonsense, I have become a firm believer that Trump should have his own cameras on them the second they enter the press room until they leave. Stream it all live on the interwebz.
Excellent idea. I'd love for that to happen. After all, they love being on camera and they have nothing to hide, right? Freedom of information and all that.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
I think this thing will be around until about the second week of November.

Exactly.

No, I think it will be around until the third week of January 2025.

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
I think this thing will be around until about the second week of November.

Exactly.

No, I think it will be around until the third week of January 2025.

If it persists that long, we're going to have to have open season on some of these folks long before then.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:

If it persists that long, we're going to have to have open season on some of these folks long before then.

Please!

Well before then!!!

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zipriderson:
quote:
Fear is driving your ship and it's clear to most anyone outside your bubble.

We carry guns as a precaution, right? The likelihood of needing one is very low. But there is a real threat out there, however little the chances of it appearing.

How is that not fear, but protecting my face and distancing myself against a threat we know is out there is?

It is possibly because of where these two things fall in the political spectrum?

I keep pain meds in my cabinet for headaches.
I keep water in the frig for when I get thirsty.

^^^ these things will happen.

What I don't do is stay out of the water because I might get killed by a shark.
Or not enjoy my motorcycle in fear of getting killed by a motorist not paying attention.

^^^^ these things could happen.

But you can be damn sure I'm not wearing a mask due to a virus which has a small chance of killing me.

Didn't wear one for the flu, sars, swine flu, etc, etc, etc...

Live Free or Die <---- read that somewhere before.

As the pussyfication of this country continues... I'm not going to be a part of it.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:

As the pussyfication of these country continues... I'm not going to be a part of it.

I've come to call the obsessive mask wearers (the manic Karens) the Borg. And damn, they're everywhere.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KPSquared
posted Hide Post
quote:

In 2009 I was sent to Iraq. We stopped in Kuwait for some in-processing and training. Two members of my team got really sick, lots of coughing and they looked like crap. The doctors thought they may have swine flu, but didn’t have a test. So, we made them sleep in one end of the large tent we were in, the rest of us on the other. We all got on the C-130 to Iraq and settled in at Camp Victory. They got tested for swine flu, which they had, and got quarantined until they had no symptoms, which was around 10 days. No other person on our team got it.

Thanks,
KPSquared

Posts: 805 | Location: Ft. Knox, KY | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post